[Winterflame Hold] The Matlians

Lariat // In which Sama'el seeks out Ragnor's family.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Ragnor Matlian on July 2nd, 2012, 2:15 am

"It has been a long while, and I'm not one to cross lightly though I see no hatred in your heart. I do not doubt your claim, as fantastical as it might be" She spoke, smiling faintly reaching forward to lay a hand on his shoulder. "By laviku's power, I thought he was dead all this time. The seas must truly favor him"

It was a powerful moment for her, emotions swirling just behind her gaze, threatening to break her mask of calm and send tears pouring down her cheeks. With a measure of inner strength she managed to look away from Sama'el into the rolling lands beyond them, finding serenity there that restored her composure. "If you truly plan to make it by summer I suppose you'd favor me to ready soon" Izurabelle spoke softly, a hint of humor coloring her voice.
Ragnor Matlian
Player

Words: 62821
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 11:25 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on July 2nd, 2012, 6:12 am

His smile was slow and sad, but he nodded. If he told her that Ragnor was but a ghost, she might balk at leaving and he would have failed Ragnor and the Matlians entirely. When she got back to the Sanctuary with the children, she could at least speak to her dead husband, and know that he was watching over them literally beyond death. It seemed to Sama'el a matter Ragnor himself ought to handle.

"We'll rest the horses, gather supplies for the return journey, prepare you and the little ones for the months ahead. It will be an easier journey in the Spring, but it will still be difficult. I would like to leave in less than three weeks, and hopefully we can be back by the time Summer comes.

"You will like the Sanctuary," he promised. At least there, she would be safe from lusty Akalaks looking for another broodmare. "Will you be ready then?"
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Valkyrie on July 17th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Thread Award

Sama’el :
Experience
1 Rhetoric
2 Investigation
2 Persuasion

Lore
Keeping Your Composure with Rude People
Investigating a Debt
Withholding Information to Maintain Cooperation

Other
N/A

Notes: I really liked this thread and how diligently Sama’el went about investigating Izurabelle and her family’s debt. I was pretty intrigued that he decided to withhold Ragnor’s death from the family. Good job and a fun read!

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous