[Location] The Fence (Shop)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Archelon on March 31st, 2012, 9:39 pm

"Smart man to know the way of business. You pay for something you recieve something, I'll be paying you for tasks, I'll be receiving your hard work." The fence said with a bit of a laugh, "I'll let you get it base price for now , since the better armed and protected you are the better armed and protected I am. Isn't that right? Now off you go, Meersha isn't known for being too bright. Best be quick about it."

noteBest to ensure you take the dagger price out of your Ledger :). I will pm you with the link to the SS thread now and you're free to start your solo.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Rail on March 31st, 2012, 10:00 pm

Spring, Day 16 512AV
After a bit of searching Rail found the door to the little shop with its small sign out front. With a grunt he pushed open the door noting how easily it swung wide, the place must be well run. A few quick steps found him at the front counter where he inclined his head in a slight bow to the man behind it," I hear that you may be hiring. I would like the job if you have need of some extra muscle."

The Creed

Yeah though i walk through the shadow of the valley of death I shall fear no evil for I have Musca and she is far worse >.>
Rail
Only a slave

Words: 31304
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 1:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archelon on March 31st, 2012, 10:17 pm

@ Rail

"Muscle, muscle, yes I could always use a bit of muscle but I haven'-" The fence trailed off as a messenger shoved its way past him to hand him a black colored envelope. Opening it up the Fence looked at the written work, penned a piece of paper in reply and sent the messenger back before turning back to Rail with a sigh. "Well it seems you were pretty quick to get here before hand. So you want the job... well I got a perfect test for you."

The Fence walked around from behind the counter and took Rail by the shoulder and lead him back towards the door. "In the markets there's a stall merchant named Beeker, he owes me a little bit of money from the last forgery I fenced to some poor for him and hasn't paid me back yet. About twenty gold. Now I need you to get that for me, no more, no less. The guy's been a... longer termed associate of mine. Heh Heh. I don't want him harmed... unless he resists paying. Got that?"

Before letting him leave, The Fence turned to extend a hand, "You do this and you got the job. So we have a deal?"

noteIf you accept, shake the Fence's hand and then go begin a solo, really doesn't have to be anything major. Just get the money from Beeker back :). Then I'll pm you the SS thread.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Rail on March 31st, 2012, 10:39 pm

With a grin Rail gave the man a hearty handshake," We have a deal." As he walked out the door he rolled his shoulders readying himself for action.

The Creed

Yeah though i walk through the shadow of the valley of death I shall fear no evil for I have Musca and she is far worse >.>
Rail
Only a slave

Words: 31304
Joined roleplay: March 12th, 2012, 1:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Owan Bardson on May 30th, 2012, 2:42 am

12 Spring 512 AV

"Yeah, whaddaya lookin' fer?" The big man asked before the door had even closed. Owan looked him up and down as he walked to the counter. He was big -even bigger than Owan himself- and covered in scars and filth. He reminded Owan of some of the men he'd grown up around. Many of them had resembled "Zeke", if that truly was his name. Maybe he'd ask the few surviving members of the band about him one day. If he hadn't been a strong-arm at one point in his life Owan'd eat his boot.

"Work. Little fella at The Establishment said ye were lookin' for a few helpers...with a certain set of skills," Owan said, crossing his arms and waiting for the big man to respond.
Owan Bardson
Grinner

Words: 37728
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2012, 1:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Archelon on May 31st, 2012, 2:37 am

The strange little man laughed eerily. "Work, work you say? My dear boy, you didn't just come here for work. No, Tua said you wanted a job. Wanted to make an investment in your future. Now all I have to do , is see if you're worth the hype."

The Fence raised a hand beckoning Owen closer to him. "I've got something interesting in that needs both... a little muscle and a bit of panache. You see, a merchant in the stalls by the name of Grecko decided to one up me by arranging to purchase a shipment from the docks on a ship named the Bloody Marie. A shipment I placed an order for for a client of mine. Grecko , well he told this buyer he could get it for less. Profiting off my contacts and hard work he managed to make a few bribes that got the package given to his own messenger. One who's on the way now to pick it up... a knife fighter named Langsley. So how does that compare to you, Owan? That was your name right?

It's simple. I need the package back... with Grecko's messenger dead or out of commission. Take an arm if you want and the merchant himself roughed up so he never tries this again. You see? Do this..."
"Zeke" let out a great big smile, "and you'll be as good as hired as a guard. 5 gold a day, and perhaps a little bonus for this tough start, what do you say? You in or or you out?"

The knave stuck out a hand and waited, smiling all the while.

oocTo gain a job, shake the fence's hand, start a solo for this thing the man wants. I'll let you do three job threads for spring, (this new solo included) but get some placeholders up, stat :).
[/color]
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Owan Bardson on May 31st, 2012, 10:27 pm

"Do ye even have to ask?" Owan said, clasping Zeke's hand and pumping it up and down. Without another word he turned and left the shop, heading out to find Langsley and Grecko.
Owan Bardson
Grinner

Words: 37728
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2012, 1:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Somna Fern on November 14th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Timestamp 10th of Fall, 513

Somna Fern made her way with slow steps carrying an almost radiating aura of submission and subservience as she approached the man at The Fence. He was the one everyone called Zeke, and it was said that he could get odd items. Some of the girls she had worked with told her of Zeke, and this was how she figured he was the one with whom to do business.

With her head down and eyes slightly keeping to middle mass, she spoke in a hushed tone. However, even with her voice soft and low, she enunciated enough that it was more likely than not that Zeke would be able to understand what it was she was saying. Likely, however, based on his hearing she may have had to step a bit close to the man. Likely he would notice that sweet, seductive scent that came from her in spite of his own various...aromatics.

"Hello, sir. I was sent here to inquire about purchasing a white satin chemise. I was told by a few here in Sunberth that you were with whom I should speak."

Her thin, clawed hands held one in the other in front of her, and would rest just above hip-level. Occasionally, her bright blue eyes would peek from between long strands of blonde hair to look to the proprietor of The Fence, fangs lightly grazing her bottom lip in consideration and nervousness.

"Would they have been correct?"
Somna Fern
Player

Words: 12605
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2013, 3:48 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous