[Location] The Fence (Shop)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Liminal on July 31st, 2009, 1:11 pm

The Fence
In most cities, a place like this would have been very difficult to find, hidden away in some back alley or abandoned building. Here in Sunberth, however, it was out in the open.

On the long, dirt-covered street that ran through the direct center of town, there was a stone building that had been subdivided into several commercial establishments. At the very end of the building, there was a door with a sign on it that read, in small letters, THE FENCE

The door swung open easily at a touch. Inside, it was dark, and the front room was extremely small.

About four feet from the door was a high counter. There was no merchandise on display, and no price or inventory list. But if someone was looking for something that was considered illegal, or immoral, or just plain impossible to get in most of Mizahar, there was a fair chance that The Fence might have it. For a price, that is...

Services

NPCs

The Fence

ImageBehind the counter sat a fat man with several scars running across his face. His hair was unkempt, and there appeared to be several decades' worth of grease underneath his fingernails. A patch sewn onto the shirt he was wearing declared his name to be "ZEKE" -- assuming he was the original owner of the shirt.

"Yeah, whaddaya lookin' fer?" That was his standard opening whenever anyone walked inside.

Skills - Larceny 83, Negotiation 66, Persuasion: 62, Weapon: Dagger 58, Intelligence 52, Stealth 51, Poison: 48, Disguise 30

All Transactions here must be moderated

This Location is owned by the Night Eyes
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ikbin Vorgesetzter on March 24th, 2011, 2:45 am

Ikbin Vorgesetzter found himself standing outside the small shop known as the Fence. After wandering Sunberth, he decided that he would wander the Wildlands of Sylira in hopes to ready himself, skill-wise that is, for oncoming journeys that would reach across the domains of Mizahar. He decided that he had most everything he needed, except for an efficient means of procuring food. He ultimately decided that he would need a small hunting bow, perhaps a composite bow, one that he could also use as a ranged weapon if the need arose. And of course a compliment of arrows to go with it. So he strode over to the wooden entry door to the Fence and stepped inside.

"Yeah, whaddaya lookin' fer?" growled a fat, bearded man behind the counter. He had wily, unkempt hair and an impressive collection of scars.

Vorgesetzter replied, "I'm in need of a bow, a short-bow that is, for hunting."

"Well d'ya wanna normal recurve er a composite?"

"Composite. And a quiver of 30 arrows."

The man's face scrunched up as he did the figuring, "Let's see, 76 gold mizas, plus 5 silvers should cover it."

Vorgesetzter handed the money from his pouch, and the man handed him a composite shortbow and a animal-hide quiver of 30 arrows. After the transaction was complete, he walked outside and ventured towards his camp on the very edges of Sunberth.
Good and Evil is the way of the Weak. Rise and fall is the path to Immortality.
Ikbin Vorgesetzter
Player

Words: 10879
Joined roleplay: September 4th, 2010, 2:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tarelde on July 14th, 2011, 7:39 am

Tarelde entered the fence's place of business with her tent, and everything that went with it save her horse and approached the man.

Before she could say anything she was greeted with "Yeah, whaddaya lookin' fer?" growled a fat, bearded man behind the counter. He had wily, unkempt hair and an impressive collection of scars.

"I'll sell you all this stuff, all useful, lightly used and perfectly functional, for 200 Gold Mizas."

She then awaited the fence's response.
Last edited by Tarelde on July 14th, 2011, 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tarelde
Player

Words: 8306
Joined roleplay: July 9th, 2011, 4:47 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on July 14th, 2011, 1:27 pm

Zeke snorted violently as Tarelde walked in with an impressive haul, though the condition of all of it told him it wasn't stolen, no hurry to get rid of it and a few coins out of it. Zeke pondered the equipment for a moment, then scowled as the Konti named her price. "Petch no." Zeke shook his head violently from left to right as white lone tuffs of hair fluttering around his mostly bald scalp. "What makes yah think a man like meself can aff'rd somethin' like that. I dun think I can find someone to even buy all this shyke. Good er not, nob'dy comes here fer tents 'n' torches. I'll give yeh a hunnerd fer it." Of course the price was weak, the man was a conman, he would go as low as the customer would allow, and not a copper higher. He was stingy, and he has had years of experience in dealing with difficult deals.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tarelde on July 14th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Tarelde
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on July 20th, 2011, 7:53 pm

Zeke snorted loudly as Tarelde opposed his offer with another. Still, it was a win for him, such a good price, and ifshe needed the money, then she too could earn a good amount. "One thirty, no more than it either. Yeah?" Zeke grinned through that split scarred lip of his. Did she dare to try and pressure him into more of a profit for herself? He didn't exactly seem the type to be flowing with mizas, yet then again, he hardly seemed pressed and starved for income.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Tarelde on July 21st, 2011, 11:14 am

Tarelde had grown tired of the man so when he offered 130 she responded "Sure."
Tarelde
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Casper on March 31st, 2012, 11:11 am

Timestamp: 20th of Spring, 512 AV

He had almost missed the door, its tiny words scribbled faintly, without a single sign indicating that it was actually a shop. In fact, he did miss it, and ran back after reaching the end of the street on gut instinct. Inspecting each door more closely, he finally spotted the one that he intended to find. He felt lucky that Tua had given him good directions. It was not a skill everyone was born with.

Warily, he walked into the room as it creaked loudly, surprised that even inside, it had no appearance whatsoever of resembling a shop. He would've started to feel as though the ad he took were some kind of trap for travelers like him, but his anxieties were assailed by the man sitting behind the counter who greeted him like a shop owner would.
"Yeah, whaddaya lookin' fer?" He boomed at Casper. A little hunched over from walking through the small door, Casper immediately stood up straight, and replied curtly, "Man from the Esstablishment, tellss me you're hiring."
Casper
Player

Words: 65175
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 7:22 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on March 31st, 2012, 6:42 pm

"Heh he. I was expecting one of you today, got another opening as well. I just got a few... competitors in the market that need to be well... convinced to not outbid me. Seems they get rather uppity too. Nothing to big I can tell you, don't want any of them killed yet." The fence said as he looked at Casper. "Glad you're around here though. I got something in you think you can handle it. Boy named Meercha's coming by today to fence something he says has a bit of value, last time he ran into a little trouble round the corner with some thugs trying to muscle in on my turf. You take care to ensure he doesn't have any trouble with them and you'll get the job, 5 gold mizas a day as a guard for me. Whaddya say?'

With the word and deal offered the Fence held out a hand to seal the bargain. If Casper accepted, he'd be gainfully, if not honestly, employed. And the Fence would show him a selection of daggers and other assorted weapons with a word to the wise that he should make a purchase as he might need it.

ooc note :
If you do accept, have your character shake the man's hand and I will get you an SS thread for the job. Then create a solo where you 'rescue' a boy named Meercha , with 1-2 (or more) people harassing him and you'll be good to start your job threads:). Part of working for the fence is hustling merchants, or protecting those coming to him. So you have plenty of room for using your imagination :). Also, you may buy a dagger now for that solo :) for 2gm as your character doesn't have anything as backup. To keep a guard job you need at least one weapon at level 1 and unarmed at level 1:) so train him to use a weapon a little please. :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Casper on March 31st, 2012, 8:59 pm

Casper couldn't help but grin at Zeke's proposal. He had given many beatings in his life, and had enjoyed every second of each, no matter how much trouble they got him into. And now he was going to be paid to do it? He was liking the job already. Granted, his mother wouldn't exactly be proud, but that was the reason he left home in the first place, because he couldn't live up to her expectations. Still smiling, he grabbed the man's hand and shook it vigorously.

"Lookin' forward to it. Name's Cass, by the way." He was almost out the door to find this "Meercha" boy, when he realized that he was probably in need of a weapon, at least a small one. Fumbling in his pockets as he returned to the counter, he pulled 2 gm out of his pocket and asked the old man for a dagger to help him on the job. He was handed a simple weapon that should serve well enough for defending against common thugs. Satisfied, he went on his way.
Casper
Player

Words: 65175
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 7:22 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next