[Location]Petal of the Timid Cougar

Cheap Housing Anyone Can Buy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built high in the massive branches of Taldera's bloodwood forest, The Spires is a city crafted by the peaceful and scholarly Jamoura. Considered a haven for scholars and sages Mizahar-wide, The Spires is a mecca of philosophy and science that draws people from far and wide with its promise of deeper thinking and higher reasoning.

Postby Creeper on May 24th, 2012, 12:45 am

Nestled between the Meditative Petal and the Medical Petal, lies one of three Petals dedicated to housing. This Petal is angled away from the Temple to Caiyha to the northwest, and is one of the last to see Syna's bright rays. Being quite large, and the Djed Storm of 512 having killed much of the population, there is much room for growth. There are no homes from the original Petal that survived the Djed Storm of 512 AV.

When the city was retaken in the Summer of 512 AV, the efforts to rebuild homes were among the immediate concerns. After all, what's a city with no one living in it? This particular Petal had its homes designed in a very artistic, and to some, unusual style. Curved woods, odd angles, and inverted corners are common. The homes here often appeal to foreigners and young Jamoura wishing to start new families. The homes on this Petal are worth 500gm, however, if you help in the building of your home, the price gets severely reduced. The Petal is also adorned with several resting areas, gardens, and areas for recreation and relaxation.

Sharai
Name: Sharai
Race: Jamoura
DoB: 356 AV
PoB: The Spires
Title: Manager of Petal of the Timid Cougar
Skills: Architecture 73, Carpentry 61, Construction 52, Organization 45, Leadership 38

Sharai is the youngest of three sisters all sired from different mothers, with the same father. She is the most artistic, and innovative, of the sisters. After the Djed Storm, the sisters quickly took over management of the three residential Petals, a position formerly held by their father. Sharai is stubborn, foul mouthed, and headstrong. But her work speaks for itself, showing a natural talent in the artful side of building homes. She can be difficult to work for, often berating those seeking to learn, but she will teach nonetheless. She can usually be found working on a new home, or in her own on the Petal, which also serves as her office.

Employment And Training
Positions Available
Gardener = 3-4gm/day
Architect = 6gm/day
Architect's Assistant = 3gm/day

Training Available
Architecture
Construction
Carpentry
Organization

Housing
Being the standard housing for most visitors, housing starts at 500gm. It can be further upgraded by inquiring within. Living here elicits Poor Living Expenses - 45 gm/s (.5 gm/day) .

Moderator Note: Gaining a home or employment requires Moderation by Cinna, all other activities may be self moderated.
Creeper
My Bark is Worse Than My Bite

Words: 261058
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2012, 5:27 pm
Location: DS of The Spires, Northern Wastes, and Overseeing Avanthal
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Conar on July 3rd, 2012, 5:21 pm

The tenth of summer, 512Av

Conar woke early in the morning, stretching that particular way felines tend to stretch. He was used to sleeping in the trees, sometimes in his hammock though more often than not he would sleep in the trees as a normal jaguar would. This was just that sort a day. As he finished his waking ritual he decided that it would be nice to actually have a home of his own. A very headstrong creature was he, when he set his mind to something he would not rest until he had accomplished his goal. He turned into his human form and broke the prior evenings fast, then packed up his things. After a short while he was on his way through the trees moving with the grace of a cat, jumping to and fro. Eventually he had made his way to the Petal of the Timid Cougar.

Upon reaching his destination Conar inquired as to whom he should speak to about getting a home. Shortly there after he was directed to a Jamoura named Sharai. He walked up to her and proceeded to introduce himself. "Hello there, I am Conar. I am looking into owning a home, I do not have any experience building but I am a quick learner. So I would not mind helping build it also." He looked at Sharai in anticipation waiting for her to respond.
Conar
Player

Words: 4329
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2012, 4:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Cinna on July 5th, 2012, 5:51 pm

Sharai was looking over some blueprints in her office, her trained eye carefully going over the details before starting the project for another home. It would not bode well to make a mistake and sell a faulty home, bad for business and all. The plans were fairly simple, a one roomed home with curving sides and a rounded roof, one of her best plans in fact. Sharai felt that working with wood was an art, and the home should reflect that art and if no one liked it......well this was her petal and they would just go homeless.

She was just about to roll up the plans and gather her things when a young boy walked into her home unannounced, blathering on about wishing to build himself a home. SHe looked him up and down with a sniff. He looked as if he had never seen one day of manual labor in his life and Sharai sniffed again, not wanting her time wasted. She then turned back to her plans on the table, deciding that he was not worth her time. "You come into my home unannounced and declare that you have no skills. Do you think that that will earn you a home boy?"she asked with a snort, looking back up at him. "Pricing starts at five hundred gold mizas, unless you participate in the building itself, and frankly I don't have time for time wasters. There are homes to be built after this petching storm, you are not the only one looking for a home." She then rolled up her plans and then crossed her arms, looking down at him as she stood her full height.

She would not deny him a home if he had the money, but she was not sure if he would be able to participate in the building itself, which could be problematic if he did not have the money. An idea suddenly came to her, one that she had forgotten about since the storm. She turned and walked to another table that was in her home, picking up a small cube of wood that she had placed there and set it it down in front of him, pulling the pieces apart before his eyes. It was actually a cleverly designed puzzle, something that she used to test people to see if they had any potential with woodworking. If they were able to put the pieces together in a decent amount of time, she lended her help and teaching to them. If they didn't....well she went about building the home with her assistants and made them pay full price. "Alright boy, prove to me that you have some kind of a petching brain and I will let you assist me in the construction of your home. I'll even lower the price if you do a good job, and you can even have this new design,"she said with a smirk, gesturing towards the rolled up paper on the desk. "Let's see if you have some potential with wood,"she said, gesturing towards the pieces on the table.
All thread tickets are sold out until most of the current modded threads are completed. I apologize for the trouble.

The Spires I Jamoura I Player Guide I Housing
Cinna
The Residing Wood Nymph

Words: 52321
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 3:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Conar on July 9th, 2012, 5:24 pm

Conar had not been raised in a home, thus he was very unfamiliar with the concept of knocking on doors. He found himself inside Sharai's home and saw that he had interrupted her. It was clear that he had gotten off to a bad start so far, something he must rectify. He watched as Sharai looked him up and down and went back to her papers, this was clearly a bad sign. After she finished speaking Conar decided that he should try to get on her good side saying, "Sorry, I am very sorry for disturbing your work. I know your time is very valuable, but I assure you I tend to be a rather quick learner." He was trying to play to her ego as well as stroke his own pride. "I have coin but the less I spend the better I figure. It also seems to me that an extra set of hands, though inexperienced, make the work go faster." Conar hoped that his words had worked in his favor, he waited in anticipation.

Conar thought he was going to be outright refused when he saw Sharai turn and walk away, but then she returned with a small block. His curiosity was struck, he watched intently as she set it on the table and disassembled the puzzle block. Conar was already putting his mind to work on the puzzle, he knew that if he could remember the order it was taken apart then if he reversed that order it would be easier. He listened to Sharai speak then began trying to piece the puzzle back together. With the first pieces in hand Conar used his feline dexterity and grace trying to keep the order of the pieces right. A short time later he was convinced he had goten it put back together right, he set the block down on the table saying, "Well what do you think?
Conar
Player

Words: 4329
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2012, 4:14 pm
Character sheet

Postby Asher Salvatore Arc on July 17th, 2012, 3:58 pm

OOC :
Hey thar Cinna,
I'm interested in a house and I would prefer two threads if that's alright! Thank you much:)

Link: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic23770.html
Asher Salvatore Arc
The Doctor Is In

Words: 31584
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2012, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Veldrys on September 7th, 2012, 11:55 am

Fall 5, 512 AV

The Spires made him think of the great floating city in Taloba where his people had lived before the Valterrian had forced them undeground and turned them into pale monsters that killed their women. Here, among the trees, it was easy to forget the tragedy of the Symenestra for a while – or pretend that it had never happened, that they were still living on the surface where they were supposed to be. Part of him expected to see a pale, long limbed being every time he turned around a corner, but of course there were only gigantic, hairy Jamoura.

In a way he was happier he had ever been before, despite Lucette’s disappearance a few days earlier. But at the same time a strange kind of melancholia had taken a hold of him. The Spires looked like the floating city of the Symenestra, but this here wasn’t really the old home of his race, and no matter what he did, no matter what he said to them, the Symenestra would never live in trees again. They had gotten used to their cave. They wouldn’t give up Kalinor and come here.

He would forever remain one of the few that had chosen to leave the underground behind.

For a while after his arrival in the Spires he had slept wherever he had found a place to lie down, not knowing if he would stay or leave, if he could bear living in a place that reminded him of his people’s past. But as the months had passed, he had become more comfortable, and a bed at an inn or a mere hole in the ground simply weren’t enough anymore.

He wanted something a little more permanent, despite the fact that he felt terribly alone sometimes, and thus he made his way to the Petal of the Timid Cougar. Last season the sight of a creature such as Sharai would have made him uneasy, but he had gotten used to the Jamoura, and thus he smiled at her.

„Good morning“, he said to her. „I would like to acquire a home.“ The Jamoura didn’t smile back, but frowned. She seemed rather grouchy to him. „Well …“ she began. „Veldrys“, he introduced himself. „Veldrys of the Vervain Web. I’ll be helping out at Nature’s Nurture.“ She nodded curtly. „Veldrys. A house here costs 500 gold mizas, but if you are willing to help us a little, we can reduce the price significantly. Although, looking at you, I can’t imagine that you’ll be useful at construction.“

„No, I suppose not“, he agreed. „I’m not a particularly good architect either I’m afraid, otherwise I’d just design the house myself and spare your people the work. Where I come from the houses hang from the ceiling, and you don’t even have a ceiling here. I think I’ll just pay 500 gold mizas and trust your people, if that’s okay with you?“

She looked at him for a while. He had the distinct feeling that she thought him lazy now despite the fact that she herself had said that he wouldn’t make a good construction worker.

She took the money anyway though and then informed him how long it would take the build the house which was all he cared for in the end. He was tired of sleeping in a bed that was not his own, and he longed for a door that he could lock so that he could hide from the world outside every now and then.
Veldrys
Player

Words: 401625
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2011, 5:01 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nasrin on October 9th, 2012, 11:21 pm

OOC :
Name: Nasrin re Ihsan
Race: Eypharian
Petal of choice: Petal of the Timid Cougar
Number of threads you are going to do: All three baby! Bring on the free!
This is me speaking Arumenic.
This is me speaking Common.
This is me speaking Shiber
This is me using Hypnotism
Nasrin
Player

Words: 44382
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2012, 5:52 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Chamaeleon on October 15th, 2012, 4:44 am

Fall 18th, 512 AV

Chamaeleon had been waiting to meet with Sharai for chimes now, patiently running her hand in slow circles over her stomach. She had begun to show her pregnancy already, the sickness of the morning growing now as her belly was distended from the life curled inside. She couldn't explain why, but rubbing her stomach comforted her.

Finally, Shirai finished with another citizen of the city and Chamaeleon took the moment to step forward and snag her attention. She smiled at the Jamoura in a silent greeting before she opened her mouth to introduce herself.

"I know who you are, Chamaeleon Sunchild." Sharai said. Chamaeleon showed visible surprise. "There aren't many Ethaefal in the Spires, and you're the only one with child."

"Then you know why I'm here, Sharai?" When Sharai remained silent, but wearing the slightest of smiles upon her large Jamouran face, the Ethaefal continued on. "I'm looking to get a house. I'm willing to work the whole time it is under construction. I'm going to want two bedrooms aside from a main room, naturally, and I want something rounded with, if allowable, a place for me to sit outside and feel the light of Leth and Syna freely."
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Neekra on October 25th, 2012, 5:45 am

OOC:
Name: Neekra Velvela
Home descripion: nothing fancy and something lower to the ground
Threads: three threads!
[Flashback]: 20th of Summer, 512 AV
Neekra
Wolf Girl <3

Words: 39207
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2012, 3:26 am
Character sheet

Postby Alea Davenport on November 9th, 2012, 10:45 pm

OOC :
Name: Alea Davenport
Petal of the Timid Cougar
Three threads
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next