[Rayage Correspondence Thread] Letters to the Dead

For all Rays Mailing Needs

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Rayage on June 7th, 2012, 11:56 pm

Letters Letters Everywhere
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eridanus on June 26th, 2012, 5:01 am

To: Rayage // Rayage's Office, University of Zeltiva
From: Eridanus // Order of Transcendence Temporary Headquarters, Alvadas
Sent Date: Day 90, Spring of 512 AV
Received Date: Day 29, Summer of 512 AV

Greetings and Salutations Rayage,

Our dreams, visions and ambitions have come to pass. The Future is now within grasp, and I offer you partnership in the creation of this new legacy.

The Order of Transcendence formally extends an invitation of membership to Rayage.

Best Regards,
Eridanus
NOTICE: I am currently mostly inactive til August. As such, guild activities are temporarily halted (watch out for major revamps, changes and organizations when I'm back in full force). Any activity with Eri will be rather slow as well, but I am slowly readjusting back to "Mizahar life", so to speak, so do PM me if we have a thread that I left hanging and we'll talk.

"You must be one hardcore scholar, Eri." (Laszlo)
First winner of the prestigious Mirage's No Kill Medal.
Eridanus
It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Words: 1312082
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2011, 2:03 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2011 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Evalin on July 2nd, 2012, 10:26 pm

A simple envelope arrives for the professor of Alchemy on the 20th of summer, 512 AV. A letter that holds no signs of whom it is from, no return address, and on the front is simply written:

Rayage
Alchemic Research, Zeltiva

The letter is sealed with black wax, and the symbol on the front is that of a single lit candle. Opening it up there is but a very short letter written in a practiced hand.

My dear immortal,

At the height of summer, let us meet again at the first. So we promised those many centuries before, but now it seems my arrival shall be hastened. Look for me twelve chimes after the midday sun, just prior to our original plan. I shall come to you, wherever you may be.

A single smear of black rests at the bottom right corner of the letter.

P.S. I am certain we have both changed very much. I do hope you have not forgotten of me.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kuvarakh on August 5th, 2012, 7:49 pm

To: Office of Professor Rayage, Alchemy Dept., Zeltiva University
From: Order of Transcendence, Temporary Facility, Alvadas

Date Dispatched: Summer 61, 512
Date Received: Summer 91, 512

Greetings, Professor,

I can only imagine that your surprise will equal mine to find the names Kuvarakh and Rayage on the same roster. Upon my departure from the University, I expected never to see you again. I suppose you became aware of my transformation to Nuit, shortly thereafter, through your sources. If not, the hundred year gap should be evidence enough.

I am not too proud to admit you were right about the necessity of the change, given my goals at that time. However those goals have changed and I no longer pursue that end, though not for the reasons you proposed. I now find myself alternating between regret and rejoicing over my "condition". But I intend to defy the trend of disassociating myself from 'mere mortals', that so many of our kind embrace. Such an attitude is not conducive to mutually beneficial coexistence.

I cannot but wonder how and why you came to attach yourself to this roster, or what you seek to achieve that requires it. I have now engaged in an interview or two and wonder what answers you must have given my friend, Eridanus. For now, I will assume you have changed a number of your outlooks on life, or whatever it is we possess.

I will not say I did not learn anything beneficial from you, and I do thank you again for those strides made. Likewise, I will not say anything about any other matters we might find cause to discuss. I can say, in all honesty, that I hope there will not BE cause for such discussion between us. For such matters are best handled face to face and not by correspondence. I trust you agree.

I await your response.

For the Greater Good,
Kuvarakh
ALCHEMY.....When evolution is just too slow.

CS - Plotnotes - Alvadas Linkmap - Dev Thread - Grading - Architectrix
Kuvarakh
ties a rope to a tree and hangs the world

Words: 656536
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2012, 8:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Balderdash on November 29th, 2012, 1:59 am

A small, unmarked envelope with the recipient's name written in a hasty scrawl, delivered by a rather bewildered (and apparently brain-addled) courier on the
89th of Fall, 512AV

John,

I haven't time enough to say half of what I wish to, nor would a simple letter suffice it. Something has happened in the ruins of our fair Alahea. Something terrible. Something I fear only you may be able to stop.

It was just an experiment at first, albeit an ambitious one. It was too much of a success. I don't know how far our creation has spread- Only that I'm forced into hiding, and that it is still in the region for now. Look for mold where no mold should be. Beware of people acting strangely.

Gods protect you,

~R
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Mirage on January 5th, 2014, 6:12 am

On the 30th of Winter a black Envelope would appear on Rayage's Pillow in the inn where she is staying. Within it is a letter, sealed in red wax with the symbol of Alahea pressed into it. The letter reads as follows:

To the Esteemed Master Rayage,

I trust that your quest to Ravok is bearing many fruits over the past seasons. You have been sorely missed, and some have begun to wonder if you are to ever return. When you were first tasked to bring back the traitor and his research, I was under the assumption that this would be well within your abilities to handle on your own. As of yet I have seen no good come from your journey. Sahova has seen two trips to Ravok in the time that you have been away, both of which have brought much back to further our great cause. Where is your fruit Master Rayage? The Council, and myself, grow impatient. Do return to us soon, or we will be forced to come to you.

Lector Qiao

P.S. For the amount of assets given to you by Sahova, one would think you would at least have enough pride to find better, more worthy accommodations than where you currently reside.

In the envelope, along with the ltter, is a ring made of pure gold. The symbol on its top is that of a perfect alchemy circle, sapphires encrusted in the part of the circle for the faunt and the filter.
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)