[Sahova OOC Thread] Rest in Peace

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Benare Nitrozian on December 6th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Benare would be entering Sahova in Mid Summer, so anyone interested in threading, if there's anyone else here, perhaps want to thread? Alija, I'm hoping to thread with you again. :)
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Prophet on December 27th, 2016, 4:35 am

Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Languish on December 28th, 2016, 1:54 am

Thank you all for the quick response to the Quest sign-up. I'm glad to see so much interest, and am excited to write with all of you, to learn your writing style, and your characters. I am working on an initial post right now, and will get it up as soon as I am finished. Post order will be the same as sign-up orderSayana, Aerius, Alija, Clyde, Benare once the quest begins. I'll update you all with more information once it becomes relevant.

I would also like to say in regards to the Global plotline, as a few have asked, that Sahova will be neither a safe haven, nor dangerous grounds for Morwen's followers. Deities in the Citadel are frowned upon in general, and so Archwizard Qiao has stayed silent on the matter. No city-level awards or discipline will be offered, though the Mizahar-wide bounty of one thousand gold still rests. The majority of Nuit will not be interested in hunting any kind of person, as they do not care for either outright combat or coin in general, but visitors to the island or slavers in possession of Vantha may be interested.

P.S. Check out the link Prophet posted. It's a cool one-time event, and I would love to spend the New Year with all of you. ;)
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Languish on December 30th, 2016, 5:24 am

Alright! The first quest post has been made.

I would like everyone to post their first response within three days of each other so that we can be sure everyone is committed. If you can't make your deadline, you'll be skipped over and moved to the bottom of the posting order. Although I don't believe it will be a problem, I will say I expect quests to be your first priority in posting, because they are mine as well, and with so many players it needs to move relatively quickly.

If any of you have any questions feel free to PM me, as always. For those of you with Judgements and modded threads, I will be working on those tomorrow, so don't think I've abandoned you. I have plenty of love to go around. |:)
Languish
Wasting Away

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Languish on January 25th, 2017, 5:36 pm

Hello again everyone!

I'm seeking you guys' ideas for the upcoming season. I know that everybody enjoys the monsters/creatures, and there are a few of those in the works, as well as the continuation of the falling star plot, but I was looking for something different.

I thought that we could do something different for Seasonal Challenges this Spring. Instead of a worded prompt, I thought we might try visual or auditory prompts. This could be a photograph of a setting, an object, or an activity that you need to include. Or, it could be a song, which you must include a lyrical line of in your writing, or a thread centered around the topic of the song.

My initial ideas are things like this:
Photo Prompt :

You could use the idea of a butterfly, a kite, flying, the sky...any of the included concepts.

So, what do you guys think? Do you like the original method of seasonal prompts, or would you like to switch things up? Do you have other ideas? Talk to me!
Languish
Wasting Away

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Alija on January 25th, 2017, 5:51 pm

I love your idea! Switching it up would be great fun, and if it doesn't work out, it won't hurt. I'd love it if you went with that idea - everything else sounds good too.
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Benare Nitrozian on January 26th, 2017, 12:43 am

I can see these ideas running different paths. It seems fun. I might have a suggestion to if your up for it.

We could always make a certain number list of themes and roll random via chat and such. Forcing others to write different themed stories each time? And a separate list of a reference of the number of players we have in this city. Example: 1d20 and roll a 15, the theme of the story would be drama? For the number of players (optional) 1d6(or how many players we have in Sahova) and roll a 3 for fun. You would need to create a story with drama and invovlving 3 PC's?

That's just a suggestion, but I think writing themed stories with pictures and the like will be fun. Either way, it'll expand my writing into a deeper level of thought and creativity. :)
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Prowl on February 4th, 2017, 12:24 am

I've seen the style of prompt suggestions like the one you mentioned work to great effect on other RP sites Languish, so I think it'd be a great thing to try out.

That rolling system seems really interesting Benare! Do you think it would be possible to add a type of random name-drawing system as well? Like randomly assigning thread partners? Or would that just not work/be an unwanted addition?

Regardless, the photo-theme prompt seems like an awesome idea Languish!
Prowl
Cowardly Monster

Words: 9519
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2017, 6:09 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Benare Nitrozian on February 4th, 2017, 1:21 am

Thanks Prowl!

To answer your question I was thinking that there would be a roll for players to choose to write with other players. So there would be a list of selected themes to write from. Whatever you roll, you write about. You can either choose to write about one theme for the whole season or change it up.

So a roll of a 1d20 example: dice can be rolled with the chat action; /roll 1d20.
If you've rolled a 16, you would have to write something based off romance for example. If you want, then there would be a list of players below, with them being numbered randomly.

Ex:

1. Benare
2. Sayana
3. Clyde
4. Etc...

If you would roll a 2 you could thread with Sayana, albeit if she wanted to thread. Otherwise we could do a random selection, like a secret santa kind of thing...
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext