[Sahova OOC Thread] Rest in Peace

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Prowl on February 4th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Either way, sounds like a very interesting idea.

Quick question, would anyone be interested in doing the Hunt seasonal quest on the 17th? Or is a bit too late in the season for that?
Prowl
Cowardly Monster

Words: 9519
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2017, 6:09 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Languish on February 28th, 2017, 2:26 am

Hey everybody!

I know things have been a little slow in the character review department, so I just wanted to let you know that if you're currently in Sahova, please feel free to send me a PM and I can check over your CS. I can't give you the green check myself, but it does speed up the process a bit, and catches a lot of the errors so that you don't have to get it rechecked and then wait twice.

Additionally, I've been looking at your random thread partners idea, Benare, and an idea is brewing. Before I get too deep into it, is there interest in a random thread partner assignment? I thought there might be rewards for entering the "lottery", so to speak, and completing a thread with the person. Sorry not sorry to be so cryptic, but I don't have anything finalized yet. I'll let you guys know when I have more details.
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Corvus Bubon on March 1st, 2017, 6:36 am

I'm interested in the random threading partner idea. Especially if:
Languish wrote:
I thought there might be rewards for entering the "lottery", so to speak, and completing a thread with the person.

was actually the case.
Corvus Bubon
Bone Whisperer

Words: 28890
Joined roleplay: April 26th, 2016, 1:35 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on March 10th, 2017, 6:38 pm

If anyone is going on the star quest and is interested in learning some basic wilderness survival, Sayana is more than willing to teach. I'm not actually sure who is and who isn't going (since I saw 5 PCs sign up, but one is a kelvic bird coming from elsewhere, and the quest can only take 4 PCs).

I think it would be more fun doing the wilderness survival in the Wildlands themselves (rather than something preliminary in Sahova's testing grounds). But let me know if anyone is interested. A thread with 2 or 3 people total is preferred.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Benare Nitrozian on March 10th, 2017, 8:50 pm

Sayana, once I correct Damien's NPC expenses, I wouldn't mind Benare learning how to survive in the Wildlands, because if he really wants to aid in the quest, he'll need to learn sooner or later, and he hasn't had much experience, pretty much none...
Benare Nitrozian
The Protector of Ravok

Words: 77895
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2016, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 10th, 2017, 10:36 pm

So giving people a heads up, but I believe Clyde will be returning from the Star quest this summer and will be back in Sahova, along probably with Faradae.

So if anyone is interested and has an idea, I'll be looking for thread partners and such in the coming weeks.

Happy Monday!

Clyde Sullins
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Languish on July 12th, 2017, 5:25 am

Seasonal Quests

Hey everybody!
I was thinking about the quests this season, and was wondering what I would do if no one signed up for them besides be sad :((. But I thought a good solution and method of generating interest might be to start the threads and simply let people join as if it were an open thread. This would be first-come-first-serve, and would run like any other quest when it was full.

I thought that if it were started, people could really see if it would be something interesting for them, and it would be easier to jump in without having to decide is my character really going to be involved in this bullshyke beforehand.

If we'd like to continue the traditional season quest format, consider this a recruitment call. Come sign your life away to Sahova! For the glory of Alahea!

P.S In the vein of recruitment, we've had a wonderful batch of AS's appear, and they've done a fantastic job. I'd also be willing to take anyone under my wing if they'd be interested in raising some hell with me. You could help with Sahova, or I could watch over you while you do your own city- really, it's whatever you feel like. We're so open right now. Toss me a message if you're interested.
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Thomas Cosa on July 13th, 2017, 6:12 pm

I'd love for Thomas to be involved with any quest!

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 27th, 2017, 5:52 pm

I've retired Languish for inactivity. I wish you folks would have let me know you were moderatorless long before now. I've been very busy irl and not paying attention to Syliras because up until a week ago it had an RS watching over it.

Sahova is officially closed. At season change, prepare to migrate. I suggest all the graders here catch up the grading request thread so the city doesn't fade away with players not getting closure.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Sayana on November 27th, 2017, 6:42 pm

Oh whoops. Will do next time. I thought you might have been giving her a longer chance or had some inside info. Guess it doesn't hurt to give you a heads up. I still tried to encourage newbies not to start here.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

PreviousNext