[Ricky] The Sincere Oddities of A Writer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Ricky's Scrapbook] Random Oddities and Madness

Postby Ricky Maze on December 8th, 2012, 2:38 am

Ok guys and girls, I finished the downsizing now so I get to pull two sketches up!

I had this one up already but after finally downsizing it I think it deserves a second showing. This is Toad of course, I first did the outline then shaded with color.

This guy is Deku Link from Majora's Mask, drawn and shaded in pencil. You can tell I'm a real geek now can't you.;)

Well that about covers it, I'll post another in a couple days unless I have no interesting stories. :)
~Zach~
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Accolade on December 8th, 2012, 2:51 am

Ricky I'm loving the art. We must have more!!
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on December 8th, 2012, 3:34 am

Haha, really Avocado?! (Yes I had to go there. :P) Uuh, all right one more! lol I'm running out of them now. This one should do considering the follow up.

The Skull Kid from Majora's Mask outlined and shaded, this one took FOREVER to to around the mask. The heavily shaded areas took a bit too. These were done in 2011 mind you, my skills aren't so great now as they were then. I am terribly out of practice! XD

Sorry if it's too big! I thought I adjusted them all accordingly, but some didn't downsize like I had hoped.
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on December 8th, 2012, 4:33 am

Well this is it, all things being absolute serious now I figured Id share this for all to read. As I'm not really good with the mushy touchy subjects this can be considered one of those, why I dunno seeing as how I consider it ancient history. Maybe its because I'm honestly afraid the person will read this, even though its highly unlikely that he will it still makes me...nervous. To convince myself that I have moved on though I have to open up, and share my secrets to those I know won't judge me. :deep breath: Here goes...

Believe or not I wasn't always as open and zany as I was, thinking back to my sophomore year in highschool that was the time I actually made an awesome new friend. He became a favorite of mine soon after because I idolized him, thinking of him as the coolest guy in the world. I was a naive idiot at the time and tended to be needy when it came to friends, a hard mistake that I had learned a year later. I pretty much drove him crazy without even recognizing it due to being so naive, yet he would never tell me he needed space or time. Finally he decided to turn his back on me, and pretty much ignore the fact that we were good friends. I was pretty much torn up, my ego and pride both smashed as I had no other way to solve this issue. He was practically a hero to me and I ruined a valued friendship.

Shortly after I did the worst thing I could do, I drew back away from everyone period. I basically created a vault of antisociality, withdrawing in a shell of depression that lasted for months. I never told anybody about it, though it was clear everybody knew and saw past my fake smiles. I hated being in that point of a hollowed existence yet the pain was unbearable, and the dreams I kept having were all similiars one involving him. That's how devastated I was honestly... I had lost myself before I could even put everything together. Overtime I finally shut off all the emotions I felt, living an empty life until my early senior year. Oh and the timespan for all that pain and what not was my junior year. My senior year was when I finally opened up once more, hoping to find friends I could feel the same way again to in due time. Except my new perspective of things questioned the friends I already had before the "life altering event" I guess you can say. The year that followed was one filled with many experiences that are not related to the story.

So there it is really. The major critical point in my life so far, the one that made me change dramatically. I look upon the memories of before and after fondly, as I have yet to find people I can feel such a close friendship to. It was hard to recover from this experience, mostly because I was to naive to accept it. Now that its far in the past though, I'm not afraid to share it anymore; and those who wish to judge me. Cast your best stones I say, for you may hurt me but you will never insult me.
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Echelon on December 8th, 2012, 9:41 pm

*hug*
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on December 10th, 2012, 12:54 am

Dawh, thanks Eche. :) I've been meaning to find the words to put it into a story for a while, then it finally hit me. Lol I'm a lot stronger and smarter now, and my personality has come back together rather nicely.

Now for my next pic I thought now would be a good time to torture you all! Witness ma chicken!
Fried in olive oil with salt and pepper I added parsley flakes and usually italian seasoning. This time I had thyme, rosemary, basiel, and bayleaf to substitute as I had no italian. :P Its soooo good!

~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on December 15th, 2012, 12:58 am

Forgot to do this a day or two ago. Lol My bad!

Death the Kidd from Soul Eater, Outlined in Pencil and then inked and shaded with a pen.

Random Doodle during math class, all done with an ink pen. lol

Bear in mind these two as the other previous ones were done in 2010-11! Hope you liked them. :)
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Echelon on December 16th, 2012, 5:59 am

Is Soul Eater any good?
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on December 16th, 2012, 6:20 am

Any good? Are. You. Kidding. It is the petching shi-shkabobs! Thought I was going to say it did ya. :P

I LOVE Soul Eater like crazy! Its great, funny, and best of all it's got great names like "Smashing Pumpkins" and other stuff for weird spells and whatnot. I actually want to get the DVD Box set because I love it! It takes a bit to get use to when you first watch it, but I garentee if you like serious yet comical anime you'll like it. It get's totally badass in the ending, which I will never spoil. ;)
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Echelon on December 17th, 2012, 11:05 am

I usually am not a big fan of comedy in anime... which rules out MOST anime from my favorites list XD

actually... i just don't like comedy. Cept the occasional romantic comedy.

I must just have no sense of humour >>
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext