[Ricky] The Sincere Oddities of A Writer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Ricky's Scrapbook] Random Oddities and Madness

Postby Cloud on December 17th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Whaaat? Non comedian? For shame! (joke) I love comedy stuff a lot, as for soul eater it really depends on what you would find funny while watching it, some parts made me laugh. Others I was like :pee moment because its awesome: type deal. So it all depends really, although I skipped the episodes of Excaliber.

It was great because how he kept going "Fool!" all the time, but he got very old very fast. Still its a great time investment to watch, if you can get into it of course. :)

Here's another drawing I did in 2011!
Drawn and shaded with pencil. Oddly enough I do better with mechanical pencils than wooden.
~Zach~
Starting Guide | Zeltiva | Zeltiva Player's Guide | Staff and Request Thread
Office| Scrapbook
A big thanks to Coltyn/Banickle for the wonderful signature!
Cloud
Shazam!

Words: 40411
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2012, 9:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Echelon on December 22nd, 2012, 12:16 pm

Ew! Mechanical pencil! Sebastian uses it too. I just don't get it. *shakes head*
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ricky Maze on December 22nd, 2012, 11:41 pm

Well I'm sorry! lol It's just a matter of preference, I sometimes use a wooden pencil but I can do better with a mechanical one. It's strange really! I didn't know Sebastian likes to draw though, never see him in chat enough. XD

So I can't wait till The Hobbit comes out to red box now, cause I definitely want to see it! I'm also eager to get a couple of things together for Ricky as I'm already at the point where he is almost done with his "bargaining" stage of grief. I still have three Denial threads to do along with two Anger as well, before the first half of the season is wrapped up. It has been a fun start off for Ricky in this season, can't wait for the fog to clear so I can add it to its historical chapter!
~Zach~
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Accolade on December 22nd, 2012, 11:46 pm

Nice work, I'm wondering when you're going to open up a thread and take request :D

Also, glad to see that you're having so much fun with Ricky. It's good to see PC development about life and such. It's not all about sex and violence. lol
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on December 23rd, 2012, 12:37 am

Ha! That much is certainly true, while the two certainly are part of it, so are other important things. Which makes life all the more interesting when you consider challenging your character. ;) In the novel I'm working on Ricky has to deal with fate while at the same time worry about his family, so coming back to Mizahar with opportunistic challenges has proven instrumental to his developement! I feel bad for Artur though, he's yet to kick off and I'm over eager to get him cookin! Patience is a virtue to have for sure though.

As for taking requests I'd have to get back into the spirit of drawing again, that and actually BE comfortable with the work I put together since I'm out of practice. I'll probably make shoddy work out of it, definitely something I wanna try though, I'm decent with cartoons. :D

As for photo manipulation I'm not the best and using a mobile PS is even harder, but I made this for Artie!

Fiddling with it to make more fun pic's and what not I'm becoming more "in tune" with the app. I can probably make some cool avatar's or signatures but the dimenions won't work with me. So boxcode would be out of the question sadly. :)
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on December 26th, 2012, 2:28 am

Yep. It's Christmas.

Which means a dinner today which was delicious indeed, and I had cookies and cheese cake and yummy ham. I stayed up till 8:30 am then clocked some Z's til 10 am, I was half asleep from that time to noon. Soooo sleepy!

Snow finally came in the late afternoon today, which is ok for me as I dislike snow. Dislike! Not hate of course, I did however hate the fact that we have a friggin blizzard brewin around here in Arkansas; and NOT the DQ Blizzard mind you!

Worse for wear there was a mix of rain that came after the snow, and I'm thinkin "as if it wasn't going to be cold enough!" at the moment. I took a picture to savor the moment of course, as this would no doubt be the part where I wrap up in my cocoon of a warm comforter and snuggle with a bear or pillow to hibernate for the rest of winter....were it possible anyway. :P
A very happy christmas to everyone. :)

~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on December 29th, 2012, 1:37 pm

Sleep...
Ok so it officially 7 am and I have had no sleep. My mind continues to wonder aimlessly from thought to thought therefore keeping me from resting, so I thought why not put some random ramble idea down to begin and see where it goes from there.

Let's see... first initial thought to begin with... Well my novel I wish to work on for one has been on my mind, yet I feel I am not entirely ready to start back up just yet. Lately I've been questioning its develope as far as the technology of the world itself, how far into fantasy it really is, and not only that but have endlessly spent time into wondering how further developement could be made. Sure I could just try and write everythkng down when I already have the story line in play, but that doesn't really feel what I should do.

I've thought of other ways about expressing the main characters of my novel, as all of them have to work hard in order to fufill their "role" throughout the journey of the book. While I know that one will turn out to be better now that I've delved into a bit of character developement myself, the others I'm curious about more then ever because I wish to see how they personally develope as well. It's these ideas I get that make my mind dissemble them and everything else.

From time to time I wonder what I actually really wish to do in life, I tend to be a simple "jack of all trades" as far as the arts go. I can draw if I ever get serious about it, I can dance if I'm not worried about the steps, I can cook if I feel the inspiration to, I can write stories but never seem to complete them because I somehow end up... well... Technical about it for the lack of a better word. Usually when I feel the inspiration to write a short story or novel my idea's somehow get ahead of me, and so that story will develope itself really as I usually feel left behind. I enjoy RPing as it is more then just great fun, and video games now a days are only a means to ventilate extra brain power I guess. I often feel the need to exert strageties and such so I tend to stick to RPG games such as Skyrim or some other form of combat based games. I could enjoy acting as I've not officially "LARP"ed, and would love to do so, but sort of acted out even scenes that would be in my novel(s <= ?) from time to time. Growing up playing games and have role models like Link from Zelda I tended to swing a stick around quite a bit.

I know it's a bit early but I've also been thinking on New Year's Resolutions for me, wish sleep was one of them. Hm. Anyway I haven't obtained my driver's license yet, so that is definitely on the list. I think about the freedom of being able to drive and go to places in the town, which also leads me to thinkin of having my own apartment. Baby steps it may be but my mind never seems to stop, always thinking "I can't wait for this" when I'm sort of stuck in a rut. Occasionally we may be getting by but we're doing well to keep on our feet. I honestly wonder mostly on what first step I should take first, seeing as how I'm still "young and fresh" in the world.

When I was in school I imagined having all these awesome friends because mainly that's all I wanted, was just to have the coolest set of friends that I could hang out with everyday. Funny though how that perspective changed after my best friend incident my junior year, which I know was my own fault of course; but still I felt like everything I knew just wasn't real anymore. The friends I did have changed to the point where we rarely talked, and the few I still have now I rarely ever get to see. Right now I've been on a pursuit of a sort, self discovery in myself really. I know who I am as an individual but as for who I want to be... I don't really know. Truthfully I would settle for just being me, but that doesn't seem as great or grand when I've next to no one to do so with.

I've rambled on aimlessly just expressing what comes to mind and I do feel sleepy, bjt no matter how tired I may feel my thoughts come and go. Several times now I've had other thoughts come and go as I expressed those above, though I cannot seem to remember them. I wonder what dreams I have occasionally as well, sometimes I remember them after waking up but only bits and pieces. Never a full memory of them anymore, you're suppose to write them down as soon as you wake up or something like that. I never do though as I tend to start and midway think to myself, "What's the point in doing this anyway?" I hate dreams anyway, I had to deal with them showing me things I didn't wish to deal with Junior year. Then again I was probably just running away, and theh were an alternate means of getting over my loss. I have always had a habbit of staying up when I should sleep, but even worse now I seem to have developed "bouts of insomnia" since I can never seem to get sleep.
Mind draws a blank here, so maybe I'm getting somewhere. One of the things I do wish to accomplish in life is to not just write this novel I'm working on but at least allow readers to connect with the characters IN that novel, as they all have to suffer and sacrifice so much just for the rest of the world.

Another blank. Maybe now I can sleep... Nah.

I sometimes think about tv shows or movies I have seen, randomnly recalling a part or scene of said screenplay and endlessly repeating it like a loop. Then that thought can leap to another random thought prior to a person or event of that particular scene, or maybe a total irrelevant thought because of a relation the two said thoughts have. I thought about becoming a graphic designer in my late junior high/early high school years, then I learned what I really preferred to do. Storytelling. Yet why is it I can make a good story but never seem to finish it? Or even write down the finished parts in my head for that matter? My created ideas and plans have finished two volumes worth of a story, which would be said novel, and yet I was only gettin halfway to the half point of the first part of the firsr one.

Mind feels blank enough, maybe now I'll try to sleep.

P.S. That was all random thoughts that passed through my head, which happens quite a lot when I try to sleep. To those who manage to read all of it; kudo to you, you now had an insight on what exactly goes through my head.

~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on December 31st, 2012, 11:57 am

Finally!
So with a good hot shower and some caffiene to help fluctuate my creative juices I finally got a few promised threads started. After I clock some much needed Z's I'll get to startin the last promised thread THEN reply to those who are waiting on me. I do have to apologize as I know my activity has been unusual, which I'm sure is self explanatory by now if unless people haven't read or heard.

Due to active bouts of Insomnia my sleeping habits have taken a rather big bump, making me either sleep shorter or longer than needed and leaving me feeling drained. It's been killin my creativity for the past several days now, but hopefully seeing the writing I pulled this past night I'm sure things will look up. :)

As I've aformentioned somewhere that I hate having dreams I've been having weird ones, ones I should probably write down to share with chat. The scary part of it is that one of these dreams I actually did like. I never like my dreams! Why I felt I liked this one was a mystery as I can't remember it, which is the very scary part for me....

Anyway again apologies to those that I've kept waiting or.wondering, my reason has been explained now and I hope to be back into tip top zany workshop soon! (JUST threw that together, love it now cause it sounds awesome.) Anyways I need sleep now, so good morning to those who see daylight, and good night to those that see...no daylight.

It's 6 am and I'm out.
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on January 12th, 2013, 4:01 am

New Year, New Start
Hey readers and scrappers, been a while since I posted in this hadn't it? I have had a crazy start this year and so far I still haven't been able to predict what comes next. As far as I know Monday looks to be promising with a friend, and as for the rest of the week? Anybody's guess! I've written random things in here before, but this one is strangely an ordered topic. Probably because it was meant for the actual first of the month, but the point is that you'll soon read the very reason why I've been in and out so friggin much.

First off I had made a resolution setlist to follow which involves:
-Getting a job
-Getting a vehicle
-Moving OUT of parent's house
-Develope my novel of Zania
-Have an adventure this year

Well the last one happened right away when I hung out with two friends. I'm not really traveling anywhere exactly, more like delving into a greater perspective then what I originally started the year with. It's been a fascinating experience and I'm learning more when I hang out with them. :)

I've started applying to places in the city nearby so I'll be focusing on buggin the piss out of them for a job, that'll get me started on the "moving out" part. I love my household but I gotta get out, three women drive you very crazy a lot.

Lately I've also had an up and down thing going really. My mood has been in deep with the blues, which is probably just part of the new year transition. When I feel like I'm getting no where I tend to get down, although the steps I'm already taking are decent ones as they are. Really when I'm accomplishing the baby steps I can only see the big picture, and I guess that's why I end up feeling down.

On the other hand my creativity has actually flared up for my novel, which has made it harder to focus on my post with this random schedule scheme I have going. I had a story worth writing last year but with the developement I've seen put into Ricky on here I came to realize, character developement isn't the only problem. I may have a world developed but it was only a generalized developement, this year I'm actually going to work my ass off to thoroughly develope Zania and hopefully bring the world to life. After that then the wholes and gaps will fill in the story line much better, and people can enjoy it better with all the worked out details.

You could say that this year I'm driven to achieve personal goals more or less, which is why I've been in and out so damn much. I know my activity on Miza has been a bit odd, so I thought a much needed explanation was in order. I'm doing everything I can to equally split time between RL and Miza, but this year I have to get things done. After sitting around last year doing just about nothin, I'm ready to get my priorities straight and work for my individuality. (Freedom of living by myself.)

Thanks for all your patience and most importantly for your understanding, I know there are several out there who would support this. So I'll do everything I can to keep everyone posted, while at the same time work my ass of Mizahar and RL time. I'm sure during my novel developement I'll have quite the few idea's to share. ;)

Thanks for being a good reading sport,
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Echelon on January 12th, 2013, 4:10 am

As long as you are happy, we are happy, Zach :)
Echelon
Pew~Pew!!

Words: 238180
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext