Completed Dissolving The Fantasy

[The Docks] Ricky is coming to find himself now realizing the truth in his denial, now coming devolving into a more regretful state of mind his perspective becomes rendered. Therefore leading him on into the next step of his grief...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Ricky Maze on December 16th, 2012, 2:39 am

A curious child she was indeed. Ricky nearly went into a puzzled expression but caught himself in the act, quickly hiding it with a forced smile to keep a friendly appearance. "I was watchin the waves in the sea, I find them quite relaxin every so often." He managed to speak with a simple tone, one that would serve a purpose of responding in social times. To those that would observe they would notice that the tone was a sort of "I'm present but not totally here" type, while the overly studious could indeed decipher it. Telling them that he was literally with sorrow, that he was not just sad but at a loss. It wasn't clear in his voice as some would think, but then again his actual voice has been lost for a while. His whole being has been missing really, and his body was just the empty shell left upon the world. Such was how he felt anyway, the process of grief was long and ardeous for the man. Already he was on the verge of a revelation, this one being the unfavorable...

"As for what Valo said we can head to the grotto, they serve fish there so we can all enjoy a nice hot meal in a warm environment." He suggested as he looked to the other two, keeping his mind focused on them as a distraction. It would do some good to get his head out of the ocean, its deep depths drowning out his thoughts and making him weary. This was the beginning of his process though, the very nature in which he would question himself and come to realize the truth.

All that would matter, by the end of the day, was that he would either open his eyes and face reality....or remain locked in this fantasy of denial for the rest of his days.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Wyatti on December 16th, 2012, 11:42 am

"I was watchin' the waves in the sea, I find them quite relaxin' every so often."

Relaxing?

She continued to watch the waves for a while, becoming hypnotised by their rising and falling, their push and pull. She watched the grey waves break, her head slightly bobbing with the motion. There had to be more to what he was looking at though; perhaps the sailing ships in the distance, the fishermen and their boats, there had to be something more. As the adults continued to talk, she found herself drowning out their banter, picking up only the name of the final man as Reaver. He was rather peculiar, and without a doubt a face she would forget any time soon, he did after all seem to be rather flamboyant with his phrasing. Yet still Wyatti remained distracted by the ocean, or was until a key word was spoken.

Fish? Fish!

The Kelvic's eyes seemed to light up and snap to Ricky as soon as he said the word. A kitten-like expression appeared on her face, her eyes wide with a solid look of amazement.

"Fish?"

The ocean was no longer an interest to her, along with the thoughts involving it. But what did interest her was Ricky's tone. Despite attempts of trying to put on a smile, Wyatti could still see the subtle looks of of despair perhaps? She still had a hard time understanding emotions of people, but it did not stop in detecting that a person was upset. Her wide eyes relaxed, and she looked away as a sense of uselessness crept in. Wyatti's hand slipped from Valo's and rested at her side, a small frown forming on her face.

"You know, if you are sad, it is always okay to be sad and not smile. I mean, I cry when I get sad."

She looked directly at Ricky when she spoke, unwavering, firm and refusing to let her eyes slip. People were complex beings indeed, and perhaps she did not understand, but at least she was honest.
Wyatti
Common | Thought

"Curiosity killed the cat, but, satisfaction brought it back"

In the OC World: Uni + Work + Community work = one busy kitty
Wyatti
Player

Words: 65852
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2012, 2:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Reaver Riatal on December 17th, 2012, 3:13 am

Reaver stood upon the dock watching the group interact wondering when they would be leaving. However his attention focused on Valo as he seemed to agree with his opinion to leave and seek warmth and sustenance. Though he had his attention turned to the young Kelvic of their group. Wyatti, still a strange name, and examined her some more. She had proven quite the distraction to the group and was a little surprised the young girl had yet to fall prey to the ever growing cold that surrounded them. Reaver knew little of Kelvics other than that they where beasts granted human form. And that they possessed some mild differences than humans in terms of appearance. And finally that they where able to shift from animal to humans. Silently he wondered if with the promise of a few very good meals she'd allow him to study her transitional form. Wondering if he could somehow add that into his own study he'd be more than pleased. Though he had no doubt he'd need to find someone else to help him in this study, his mind was talented but another's often provided an insight to which he rarely had. More importantly he wondered just how that transition could effect his ideas. But he shook these thoughts from his mind as his eyes shifted to Ricky. The man seemed to be weighed down by something. Though he'd never experienced such a thing before, he could make a guess. Something had happened to him, but he had no idea other than that his emotions where pulling on the man and wearing him down. But that was of no concern to him, he could only make observations and guesses within his head.

A blast of cold air distracted him as he shivered and groaned as a blast of cold wind hit him him he found himself encouraging the group to hasten the departure. "I don't wish to be rude. But I'd personally find the comfort of food and warmth a far better environment to grow a conversation in. This weather is only putting wear upon me." True to his words his knees where shaking and he found fear that his legs may indeed buckle if they shook anymore. He disliked the idea of buckling and submitting to the cold. Even less of the idea of falling into the frozen waves. Another blast of frozen air hit him forcing his sharp blue eyes shut. Coiling his red covered arms around him the black gloves held onto his sides. He shivered again as he felt his limbs succumbing to the cold. Honestly if they didn't get moving he may just light a fire here and now. Of course he was probably being dramatic, for now at least, he honestly would set fire to the bloody dock with them on it to keep warm. His mind snapped as he looked to the group once again examining their reactions and interactions. Finding them all curious creatures himself, he wished he could listen to thoughts. Perhaps there was a form of djed he could use to do such a thing. But chances where he'd only endanger people if he tried.
"I like to entertain myself through whatever means I see fit. If you find these means funny as well then please laugh along~ I'd rather have someone apologize after having a good time~" - Reaver Riatal
Reaver Riatal
Self Proclaimed King of Fire

Words: 130938
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 11:00 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Valo on December 18th, 2012, 9:57 am

"Wise words, the little one." smiled Valo as Wyatti spoke her mind on the nature of sadness. It was true. A man could burry all his secrets deep within his hide and turn the cheek on all that troubled him. He would go out into the world with the greatest smile upon his face. But sooner or later that man will fall prey to his own mind. Crying did indeed have a habit of relieving even the foulest of moods, as he found first hand. As the tears flowed out, so did the sorrow. But there was not a better remedy for sadness in the whole of Mizahar than a shoulder to cry on and an ear to confide in. With a smile, Valo ruffled the hair of the little Kelvic softly and took her hand in a much parental manner.

It seemed to be getting coder by the minute, or perhaps it was the lack of movement from him that led to the drop in his external boy temperature. But if he was to stand in the cold for a moment more, his limbs may drop off. And what would an artist be without his precious tools of the trade?

A sharp breeze struck the group, like an angry woman would strike a misbehaving dog with a wet blanket. Weather had a habit of cruelty. And against this cruelty spoke Ravier, who by now was shivering beneath his clothes. "I don't wish to be rude. But I'd personally find the comfort of food and warmth a far better environment to grow a conversation in. This weather is only putting wear upon me."

"Wise words indeed." laughed Valo, his face lit up with the prospect of warmth. It was only when they would reach the inn, that he would question Ricky upon his sorrows. A soft heart he was, perhaps his shoulders would prove useful to the bear of a man whom he had grown fond of, minute by minute.

The World's End Grotto was situated just above the docs, a short walk up the hill from where they stood now. In fact they could see its peculiar, mismatched granite structure from their current position. A building which had been renovated so many times, but it spirit still remained essentially pre-Valterrian, probably the most well known structure in the city. Hopefully Reaver and Wyati would come to love it just how he did. "Now let's go before we all freeze to death." he smiled taking Wyatti by the hand so she would not wonder off and get lost. He was well aware of her curiosity by now and the prospect was not something he wished to worry about.
Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Ricky Maze on December 18th, 2012, 8:28 pm

Ricky had been looking up to the grotto from here, calling upon the memories of his first return. It was like it happened yesterday really, Fall 56th he came back to have no house anymore; so he and Odis together stayed in room six at the inn.

"You know, if you are sad, it is always okay to be sad and not smile. I mean, I cry when I get sad."

"Wise words, the little one."

He was caught off by guard when he heard that, the words seeping truth deep into his core. He hid the awe with another friendly face, the smile covering the sorrow he worked hard to hide. "Yea that is wisdom there child, but I'm perfectly fine ya see. Just got a lot on my mind." He reassured her as well as the other two, Wyatti was indeed something strange for sure. Special in any case, just like another friend Ricky had made once. He watched Valo take her hand like a parent would, and felt slightly pleased amidst all the chaotic upheavel in his emotions. It was always reassuring to see a kind hand given to a young one, where as in the dark depths of Zeltiva those slave smuggling bastards wouldn't think so much on it. It angered Ricky just by thinkin about it and that night, those two reasons plus the fact he had been feeling like an utter failure were the ones that made him become a guard.

"I don't wish to be rude. But I'd personally find the comfort of food and warmth a far better environment to grow a conversation in. This weather is only putting wear upon me."

"Wise words indeed."

Valo said with a laugh while Reaver shivered, the man was a bit taller than Ricky but where height made difference so did muscle and fat. Ricky was more fit then Reaver and it didn't take an observant eye to see that, but even if Ricky had more meat on him to keep warm he still felt the effects of the cold. Valo was already beginning to guid Wyatti away as in a manner to lead or migrate the group, which Ricky just held his composure together had smiled. Following them as they made their way up to the Grotto.

At the World's End Grotto

The four had entered and arrived to find the warmth and comfort the grotto had to offer, their tables somewhat filled with local patrons who just wished to hang about and share the gossip. Ricky felt it easier for him to just get the meals for them, so that he could at least have a brief minute to himself before indulging in his distraction. "Ye guys find a table, I'll get us some grub." He assured them as he walked backwards, he twisted around to continue onward. Where he would order their fish and bring it back. The others were welcome to find whatever table they wish to sit at, and when they found it Ricky would keep an eye out so he knew where to return to once they sat.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Wyatti on December 18th, 2012, 9:18 pm

Her head tilted to one side when Ricky answered back, her eyebrows raising showing a look of disbelief, but the Kelvic did not comment. If he did not want to share, then there was not a lot she could do. She held the same expression when she looked up at Valo, listening to his words and then nodding. Now was not the time to ask further questions, and so she took one final glance back at the turbulent ocean, before being lead into the crowd.

Wyatti held tightly onto Valo's hand, not letting go as they walked on towards the Worlds End Grotto, being shepherd on to their destination. Once or twice her hold was lost through others pushing past, and time and again she reached back to grab hold of Valo, each time she clung tighter than before. She could barely see where she was going, her view masked by the adults that surrounded her, but soon their target was in sight. She looked at the building with curiosity, the want to race around it and explore every aspect of it. But instead she was ushered inside under the watch of the adults. Inside a wave of heat was thrown against her, and as quickly as it did she started undoing her coat. Ricky walked away, suggesting that the rest of them go and look for a table to sit at, and so she looked up at Valo before she made a beeline for a table in the corner. She received a few confused look from patrons, but she just gave a grin back before climbing up upon her preferred chair. There she sat herself quiet happily, her large eyes looking at all with curiosity, from the sailors who sat themselves at the bar, to a man who sat hunched over his drink. The scents and smells were intense, of both fresh and faded hitting her strong, not that she complained, for most of it was covered by the distinctive scent of fish.

"Here! Here!" she was still grinning.

Wyatti gave a wave to the adults, but remained where she was happy with the location in which she had positioned herself, and with no intention of moving any time soon. And so the Kelvic waited patiently for the group.
Wyatti
Common | Thought

Wyatti
Player

Character sheet

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Reaver Riatal on December 19th, 2012, 10:29 am

Shuddering happily now that warmth encumbered him rather than the petching frozen wind. He gave another ecstatic shiver as his body worked out the cold left in his muscles. Ricky departed their little group claiming to get 'grub' while the remainder of his group scanned around the place for an area to sit. Though Reaver found his body wishing to full fill a different desire, and soon found his limbs moving on their own. As he gave a small stretch of his thin limbs he watched Wyatti take off with the enthusiasm only a child could have. Watching her run to a table to sit down and happily wave back at Valo and himself. Obvious for attention and showing she had found a place for them to sit. Looking to Valo his blue eyes looking upon the man for a moment he then looked at Wyatti. With only a shrug and smile Reaver found that he cared very little where he would sit. So long as he had a place to put his rear, eat, and drink to his content. As his lanky legs followed the path the young Kelvic had taken he pleasantly smiled. His thin frame easily navigated the room with little effort, finding Wyatti's table in only a few short steps. Taking his seat on the other side of the table allowing Valo to take his seat beside the young girl.

He let his sharp blue eyes settle on the young girl for a moment. Then his eyes spread about the room examining the patrons and their goings on. He liked to examine his surroundings enjoying the feel of the 'grotto' as it had been refereed to. Patiently he sat and put his long arms between his legs thinking in his head as he continued to survey the room. It was leisurely and quite nice and appealing to the eye, far better than the Kelp Bar he had frequented. Wondering in his own little silence if he should switch scenes, as the Kelp Bar was nice if rundown. But this Grotto was a whole other story in comparison. And he actually felt the more intelligent and upright citizens gathered here. Rather than the random wanderers of the perhaps less friendly streets who he often found at the bar. A shudder ran down his spine as he felt like a crossbow was lining up with the back of his head. Chances are where the drunkards back in the old bar had actually heard him say that. He wouldn't doubt that feeling would be more than a little true.

Snapping out of his thoughts he blinked and looked at his companions. Figuring he might as well help start a conversation he tapped his finger on the table. Letting it flow as he pictured it drawing a sigil of focus letting his mind see it while it remained random movements to others. Offering up a cheerful and charming smile he picked up an easy question for everyone. "So how long have each of us been in Zeltiva? I've resided here myself for about eleven days now myself. Its a rather, interesting and torturous struggle to find ones way around the city. Even more confounding is I cannot seem to tell any street apart from each other." He chuckled lightly as he kept his smile strong on his face. Wondering when the food would get here, he'd found that most of the food was revolving around what was caught in the sea. Though that wasn't too surprising considering the location of the city. He just wished there was a little more beef in the Zeltivian diet. Fish was nice, but he'd burn down half the city for a good steak. Stopping himself and realizing just how terrible that thought was. Even if he burnt down half the town he'd still not get his steak.
"I like to entertain myself through whatever means I see fit. If you find these means funny as well then please laugh along~ I'd rather have someone apologize after having a good time~" - Reaver Riatal
Reaver Riatal
Self Proclaimed King of Fire

Words: 130938
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 11:00 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Valo on December 20th, 2012, 5:39 pm

Zeltivian streets had a habit of becoming filled to bursting point with foot traffic; sailors, tourists and citizens alike. And perhaps if it wasn't for the sturdy granite walls, the city it self would crumbled at the force of people pushing past one another in these great crowds. But everyone had a place to go and a place to be and it was only human curtsy not to complain. With a large city comes large traffic; an adaptation upon the 'with great power comes great responsibility motto.'

Wyatti was so little that she could easily be swallowed up by the tide of this crowd. In fact any one could, but especially her. So Valo help onto her hand and kept her very close and every time she would wonder off, he begged her not to do so again. A stressful journey, if not a very short one, this was. In all truth Valo could not be more please when the pleasant warmth on the interior had hit him in the face like a bird that just flew into him. He could imagine that the feeling were similar. Ricky had kindly taken it upon him self to fetch a feast worthy his companions; and quite rightly so for he had known the Grotto much better than any of them, being a permanent resident. Wyatti in turn had scurried off to find them a table and with the enthusiasm only a child could fathom, she waved.

Once they sat down Valo took the time to stretch out his fingers and then recoil them several times. There was a discomfort in his joints, the pain caused by the warm air surrounding his freezing flesh. A numbing sensation momentarily paralysed him hands as he rubbed them against one another in a desperate attempt to relieve this discomfort. they were his tools of the trade after all. Hands to an artist are more precious than a chest full of treasure, a priceless commodity with which he creates his art. Finally the sensation eased and he regained full control over his movements again, feeling somewhat sluggish as a result. And the sheer concentration this action took nearly caused him to miss what Reaver was saying. Thank the gods that nature granted him with quick wit.

"So how long have each of us been in Zeltiva?" asked Reaver before filling his companions on the details of his own time here. Eleven days and the possible prospects of getting lost. Indeed Zeltiva was a hard town to navigate sometimes, especially at night; but a mental map had since arranged it self within Valo's mind and now he hardly ever found him self lost in this spider web of similar looking streets.

Without giving Wyatti the time to in turn answer the question, Valo locked his eyes with Reaver and asked. "Pardon me asking but I find my self curious about you my friend. What is your purpose in Zeltiva? And if you find your self in need of a guide around the city, you may always find me. I've lived here for almost a year now." Valo's expression was not stern but calm, with a demanding quality about it. Or perhaps it was those dark green eyes of his that radiated the hunger for knowledge. Whatever the reason, the curiosity of the Inarta knew no boundaries and his speech was clear and concise. Of Reaver chose not to answer, he couldn't just pretend he misunderstood the question, which seemed to be the case with all newcomers to Zeltiva who had something of great indecency to hide.
Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Ricky Maze on December 21st, 2012, 9:46 am

Ricky was waiting for their dish of fish to arrive, the salty delicacies would steamy hot if his memory served better. That was his day back of course, over the meal with Gale as they talked. He wondered how the artist had been, since the last they saw each other was the funeral. It was a thought that quickly trailed to it's usual disposition, where Ricky shook his head and thought to himself 'I'm fine' once again.

Yet he wasn't fine. No he was actually far from it, he knew it and no doubt the others knew it. Why else had Wyatti said that? Why else would Valo have agreed to them wise words? It was plain, simple, and beyond obvious really; Ricky was NOT fine period. What good was denying it doing for him? As far as things have gone, Ricky hasn't gotten anywhere since he became a Wave Guard. In fact he practically made a slow sluggish attempt to start over to a ground breaking halt since Odis died and Ricky joined the Guard. Why the petch was it like this?!

He felt his emotions spiraling, winding through the shell of his broken heart as it weaved its web. Sorrow and misery filling in its void as the dark cloud of failure soon loomed over his head. Thoughts of disappointment filled his mind and it was veiled with them. Making the urge to hit something boil within...

'I'm fine...I'm fine...' He thought as he clenched his fists, the feelings from his hazy memory of his murderous blackout after witnessing the event. His anger began to bubble and his blood felt like it was boiling now, hotter then the room tempature he was in to say the least. 'Petch... I'm NOT fine!' His thoughts carried out in an echo throughout his head, and four plates were placed before him; bringing him back into reality.

'Right the distraction...' He looked over to the group that had found their table, conversing with one another as they waited for their meal. Ricky took a chime but managed to grab a hold of the four plates, and felt the challenge of mentality as he carefully bringing them to the destined table.

"Righto lad's and lass," He faked a smile but it was a smile nonetheless, "our food is ready." He took the remaining seat between Reaver and Wyatti, while Valo would be the one across from him. If Valo was quite the observant one, which he no doubt was, Ricky would have to challenge himself even greater. Putting up a mental barrier that hid the madness churning within him, the first thing to do was at least act like he was in a better spirit. "Well then, let's get to eatin!" Ricky said with an attempt at enthusiam, hoping his facade was being pulled off well.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Wyatti on December 21st, 2012, 1:20 pm

Reaver was the first to come over, his sharp eyes studying her before tearing away to watch all. Valo placed himself next to her, rubbing his hands to which Wyatti for a moment mimicked as if to gain understanding in what it gained. When the small chill that held onto her hands had faded she stopped, and lowered them as the adults begun to talk.

"So how long have each of us been in Zeltiva? I've resided here myself for about eleven days now myself. Its a rather, interesting and torturous struggle to find ones way around the city. Even more confounding is I cannot seem to tell any street apart from each other."

Wyatti was about to answer back, but Valo had cut over her before she could. Perhaps he was just being protective, Reaver after all was near enough a stranger to them and so it may of been unwise to answer. Valo for a moment looked intensely at Reaver, his dark eyes becoming sharp and piercing, and although not directed at her it still made the girl feel nervous. She gently reached out and tugged at Valo's hand, her large eyes staring at him, a glimmer of nervousness present. Her eyes slid to Ricky as he came over a smile upon his lips, a fake one. The Kelvic blinked at him, her eyebrows knitting together as he settled the plates down. She sniffed the air, and for a moment a state of bliss seemed to fill her face, before she settled down to devouring what was put in front of her. Ricky had yet to speak for the second time before she was nearing the half way point.

Wyatti was always hungry. When even the smallest crumb was placed before her it would disappear within an instant, a constant craving to deal not only with changing of forms but the state of growth she was presently in. The urge to eat quickly was instinctual, something that had been forced into her from a young age, but a habit she was growing out of. For by the time Ricky spoke, she slowed drastically, realising there was indeed no rush. And it was this slowing down that allowed Wyatti to observe. She watched Ricky with curiosity, comparing his form to the others around, realising he was a more practical man in comparison to Valo and Reaver. Her head cocked to one side as she chewed as she focused on him carefully, watching mannerism and traits before extending a single finger and poking his arm. Her lips pursed, and she looked Valo up and down before looking at Ricky.

"Why do you have big arms? Do you fight things? Like... really big things?"

It was a general curiosity, and an attempt to perhaps know the man who had sat himself next to her better. She blinked and waited for an answer.
Wyatti
Common | Thought

Wyatti
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext