Completed Dissolving The Fantasy

[The Docks] Ricky is coming to find himself now realizing the truth in his denial, now coming devolving into a more regretful state of mind his perspective becomes rendered. Therefore leading him on into the next step of his grief...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Ricky Maze on December 14th, 2012, 7:45 am

Dissolving the Fantasy
Part 1.6 of The Part of Moving On
Winter 19th, 512 AV; 16th bell (Afternoon)

Sometimes we don't recognize ourselves anymore, we look into the mirror and see someone else. Someone we were never familiar with, someone we knew never existed. Yet we don't know that person is us, because we deny ever reaching that point. Yet for those who have denied so much for so long, they become a part of a fantasy they only they remember. In this particular time it is left up to them; to either live within that fantasy, or to break free and face the reality they hide from...

It was a cold day today as the winds blew in the air that would hit Zeltiva, the docks were busy as usual with the daily rabble. Ricky was on the docks looking out to the sea as he was occupied with his thoughts, his mind wandering aimlessly through every memory he had of a companion he once loved. To say that he still loved and missed that companion to this day would be a big understatement for this fisherman, as he was clearly finding the days longer without his furry dog to fill them. The joyous and rambunctious Odis had brought much love and care in Ricky's life as they had spent a good eight years together. Yet in a single moment where the ticks were counting away he was taken by death before Ricky's eyes. It was moments like this that made a person question things about the world, made Ricky think harshly upon everything he ever knew.

For the past weeks he has been living in a lie, a facade he only put up to avoid the pity that would come his way. He was denying everything that would make him look pitiful, denying all the facts that were true. He denied reality and sought a dream he could never again have. It was a fantasy, one that was involving an irreplaceable companion.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on February 9th, 2013, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Wyatti on December 14th, 2012, 9:06 am

Wyatti prowled the docks, or as well as she could in her human form and with a limp. She knew she should not walk on her injuries, but the voice in her head told her to. It was for her own safety. And so, for safety she was drawn to the docks, the loudest, busiest and smelling place in Zeltiva. A cocktail of sweat, dirt and grease was the first to hit her, followed shortly by mass of humans that were present. For a while she watched with apprehensive eyes. People were tall, imposing and...
They did not notice her. She cocked her head to one side, before stepping out into the swarm. The kelvic was thrown from side to side, pushed forwards and back, narrowly missing the heavy steps of sailors and workers. She burst through the other side of the crowd and into the open. The Kelvc caught her breath before she looked back.

Madness!

She gave herself a shake, and shoved her hands into the pockets of her coat. It was fresh here, the stench of the docks now down wind of her and the vast open sea stretching out. For a while Wyatti watched the wavesroll, the tips breaking into white as they came crashing down. She was almost hypnotised by the movement and the sound, and walked along staring out to sea and not watching where she was going.

Consequently this ended when she walked into a human. For a moment she paused and stared up at the tall burly man, and blinked. He too was staring out to sea, lost in his own thoughts and dreams, his expression... Wyatti was not sure on his expression, the only thing she did note was the confused look. She took a step back and rubbed the side of her face that. bumped into him first and looked back at him.

"Uhh... Sorry Mister.."
Wyatti
Common | Thought

"Curiosity killed the cat, but, satisfaction brought it back"

In the OC World: Uni + Work + Community work = one busy kitty
Wyatti
Player

Words: 65852
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2012, 2:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Reaver Riatal on December 14th, 2012, 10:06 am

The day was cold, too bloody well cold for him. His lanky slim form bundled tight in his long red jacket, his dark flopped around his face as a rare scowl struck his face. Sharp blue eyes scanned around him looking for something anything to find out where n the hell he was. As per his usual routine Reaver had managed to lose his way in Zeltiva for the umpteenth time now. Silently offering a prayer to Ivak that he'd do just about anything to be spared the stinging pain of cold. Then what he realized was that what he really needed was a good drink to warm him up. And although he hadn't decided if he liked kelp beer or not, he figured he could go for a mug or two. It also helped that it was the only alcoholic substance in this chilled town. Or at least the only one he knew of, the market place was still vastly unexplored for him. Not to mention the ridiculous price of such imports would swiftly drain every single miza he had from his pocket. Perhaps he'd lay off the good stuff until he had a stable source of income. As his brown boots thumped along the docks he figured he'd not let the scenery go to waste. As he looked around he saw the beautiful shinning sea, powerful and large mountains. And, a depressed looking man with a young woman?

He appeared to be a native of Zeltiva though the woman he was unsure of. The man defiantly seemed to be a sailor at least though the woman seemed out of place. Not many guests to this city would come to the docks to think. Unless they where becoming residents of this city but from what he could deduce. If a sailor was thinking he'd stare at the sea, considering there was a bond they shared and blah blah blah. He was starting to bore even himself with that line of thought. However regardless of who this man was and whoever the woman was, chances are they knew the city better than himself. That also meant drinking partners and people to talk to! Wonderful! He was becoming so bored with wandering around alone he was just a few chimes away from talking with himself! And it was never good when he did that, people stared and it got worse from there. Blinking and looking around he realized that his thoughts had carried him off. With his head firmly removed from the clouds he began to walk down the dock. Fully intent on asking for both directions and for drinking partners.

As his boots thumped against the wood he took a last minute look at he sky. Noting the rather unpleasant overcast held upon it he quickened his step, last thing he'd want was to be caught in rain. As he walked up to the man he noticed a little bit of room beside the man. Shrugging and deciding to take a seat and rest his feet for a little. Walking to the edge he slipped, his feet flew out from under him. Surprise quickly dominated his face as he found that the weightless feeling didn't last as long as it should. His face quickly prepared himself for the fast approaching pain. Giving a loud groan as his bottom hit the wood and forced him to bounce, almost going right off and into the water. As he let the awkwardness of his entrance pass he looked to the man next to him. Seeing the expression on this man's face he knew of few things to remedy it, he wasn't really talented at making people feel better. The woman seemed to be a new acquaintance himself. Giving a sigh himself he gave a half hearted smile. His blue eyes gazing at him as he figured it was better to ask than sit in silence. "My good strangers, you look like two people who desperately need a few drinks. I myself desperately have found my person lost, again in this, utterly confusing city. I'll make you a deal, if you take me to a bar and point me in the direction of an inn. And I shall buy you both two rounds, what do you say my superfluously bereaved new friend and delightful young miss?" He smiled as charming and as pleasant as he could, he found that a smile often softened someone up. He sat and swung his long legs waiting for their answers.
"I like to entertain myself through whatever means I see fit. If you find these means funny as well then please laugh along~ I'd rather have someone apologize after having a good time~" - Reaver Riatal
Reaver Riatal
Self Proclaimed King of Fire

Words: 130938
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 11:00 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Valo on December 14th, 2012, 10:52 am

The days were getting colder still as Valo had not yet grown used to the shift of seasons at hand. Ah how he detested winter and everything that came with it. The lack of sunlight to paint and the frost and wind and rain and slush... But for some reason there was one thing he did not hate at times of winter and that very thing was the sea. How marvellously grey it looked and how violent it became. A short tempered sea much alike the short tempered mind of Valo. The part of him which he never displayed to people.

That grey colour was much loved by him indeed. The mix of only two pigments, ultramarine blue and cadmium red light. The magnificent union where the purple undertones of the blue cancelled out those orange ones of the red, forming the most magnificent soft grey. The kind of grey that was not grey but yet was the most grey colour he cherished. The kind of purple that was not purple but indeed was a grey purple. A hard concept to explain. For rather than naming the colour, Valo described it to him self as the colour of shadow and consequently the lack of colour in the presence of colour. Such poetic concepts tended to brew in the barrel of his mind. But once he added a generous amount of white paint to dilute that shadow colour, it took the coldest and greyest form of blue there was and that blue was the colour of the sea in winter.

From a distance he spotted a familiar figure roaming the docs, looking into the open ocean. His heart leaped for he had very much wished to talk to this man when his mind was not clouded with intoxication and now it seemed the case was such. For Ricky was a terrible lightweight and if kelp beer was to touch his lips, he'd have fallen into the waters already. With a wide grin Valo started towards the familiar figure with haste.

Before he managed to reach Ricky, two other people got there before him. One was a familiar face, the Kelvic Wyatti. And the other a stranger. Little did he know that soon he'd bump into this dark haired stranger in the most mystical of manners. "My good strangers, you look like two people who desperately need a few drinks. I myself desperately have found my person lost, again in this, utterly confusing city. I'll make you a deal, if you take me to a bar and point me in the direction of an inn. And I shall buy you both two rounds, what do you say my superfluously bereaved new friend and delightful young miss?" the stranger spoke and Valo found his voice quite pleasant.

"My dear sir, Zeltiva has nothing on Alvadas in terms of confusion." he spoke, walking up behind the trio, a pleasant smile on his face. The kind of smile that would not easily be wiped off by the frosty fingers of winter which bit and pinched at his cheeks in the most unpleasant way. Then he turned to his brief acquaintance from the Kelp bar. "Ricky my good man, how fares you?" he laughed. "And you Wyatti, good to see you again."
Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Wyatti on December 14th, 2012, 1:58 pm

Wyatti gave the new man a perplexed look. Perhaps it was a genuine offer, but Wyatti knew she was too young, both in age and looks. And to her the man was strange, too out going, to performing to the scene. There was the fact he was also a stranger. For a moment she shifted awkwardly on the spot, large eyes staring up at both of them, dancing between the pair, before a familiar voice was heard.

"My dear sir, Zeltiva has nothing on Alvadas in terms of confusion."

She turned on her heel and sniffed at the air, before her eyes fell on Valo, easily spotting him due to the bright red hair that made him stand out from the crowd. He came close, a smile on his lips and his attention on the. Wyatti's lips curled, giving her an almost 'cat'-like smile. She watched Valo address the first man as 'Ricky' -and so assumed they knew each other- the other man still remained a stranger.

"And you Wyatti, good to see you again."

She pursed her lips before giving him a nod of acknowledgement. She respected him to say the least. She could smell the paint on him, fresh, and quickly scanned his hands as if she was searching for the source. But then she reached out, and gave Valo's sleeve a tug, an attempt in grabbing his attention.

"He called me Miss... Am I a miss? I thought I was too small," she whispered to the painter in a slightly confused voice.

It was obviously a question that concerned her, even if it was a childish question at that, and so turned to Valo for an answer. For a moment she held onto his sleeve, perhaps for both her piece of mind and an attempt to feel secure, the other two men after all were strangers. She knew Valo however, and he in her mind was nice- if not also a fascination to her young mind due to his hair. She released her grip and stared up at Ricky, eye blinking as she thought. There was something that suggested he had already seen enough drinking in the past, perhaps it was the faint odour of alcohol that had clung to his clothes. The stranger however, made her nervous. Although he had his charms and smiles, matched with his honest talking, she could not help but feel there was some other motives behind him.

"I think... I am too young for drinking," she managed to squeak.

She quickly sidestepped behind Valo, and peered back at the stranger, her eyes pinned on him and every move he made.
Wyatti
Common | Thought

Wyatti
Player

Character sheet

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Valo on December 14th, 2012, 2:50 pm

She tugged at his sleeve as his younger sibling used to do when they needed the protection and reassurance of their older brother. So innocent, she was and her presence brought a smile to his chiselled features; and as if in a form of payment, he in turn tried to reassure her as best as he could. Hunching over just a little so his impressive height would not be so imposing, he spoke just to her, a little quieter than his normal voice. And though the rest would hear him just fine at their close proximity, it was she he was talking to and she who had him momentarily undivided attention.

"Every girl, no matter how young and little is a 'miss'. You see, 'miss' is a marital title, signifying that you are not yet bound to a man by law and that there is no ring upon your finger to enforce that. Both my younger sisters are about your age and they're referred to by the title 'miss' but once they do get married that little prefix will be changed to 'mrs'." he explained softly.

She was a timid thing, thought Valo as he observed her body language carefully. The way she held onto his sleeve suggested she was uncomfortable with something and that Valo was the only one there she could seek comfort from. A good choice indeed. but a more pressing matter was; who or what was rendering her so shy? This of course became quite clear when she ducked behind him and peered at the stranger with piercing eyes. A perfect equilibrium of innocence and cat-like hostility within her tiny little figure. What was it about the stranger that made her so uncomfortable?
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Ricky Maze on December 14th, 2012, 9:17 pm

The event that had just unfolded was all slightly ever too fast for Ricky, the moment he was locked into his own realm of thoughts and questions became immaterial when the gentle bump and apology for running into happened. When he had turned to see who it was already a large "thunk!" on the wood had transpired right beside them. Two strangers had come today it seems, for what reason they were brought here Ricky didn't know. However a familiar voice that Ricky couldn't quite place a name to came around when Valo came in as well.

Reaver had mentioned that the city was confusing and offered to buy a drink, but when Valo stepped in he mentioned something that was indeed very familiar. One that happen to make Ricky smile softly in his troubling time. "Yer right bout that." He said to Valo, trying to recall the man specifcally. He was drunk that night so of course he had felt bad for not remember, such a good man like Valo would surely be one who wasn't forgettable even when drunk. "Yer a familiar face, yet ye two aren't." He clarified as he pointed to Valo first then the other two. "Ive had a hard time navigatin the city drunk sir, don't feel bad about it." He humbly stated before kneeling a bit to be eye level with the girl. "and yer a bit too young to be drinkin yer heart out, wouldn't want to stunt yer growth now." He joked with a friendly grin, trying to evade any hint that he was still on the verge of a breaking point. He examined her closely when she would peer around Valo some, and noticed her eyes weren't all that ordinary really. An obvious observation that could be pointed out, yet it helped prove that Ricky was still in touch with his humanity. The ability to watch and observe others as well as communicate wasn't as easy as it use to be, but maybe after today things would change for the better....or worse.

He stood back up and glanced over to the other two, catching the name of Wyatti and placing it on the girl. Now there was just two more left, one he could remember hopefully and the other one he would learn. "Yer..." His expression was a concentration for recollection, recalling the first night he had been on his drunken spree. "Va... Valo!" He exclaimed as he finally recalled the hint he needed, after his drunken stupor that night it was rather ironic he tried to remember it instead of forgetting. Next Ricky looked to Reaver with curious eyes, unable to ever recall a meeting between them. "If we've met at the bar I don't ever recall ye..." He seemed rather apologetic about it if that where the case, but it was washed away with the curiosity of Valo and the young girl.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Wyatti on December 14th, 2012, 10:35 pm

Wyatti tugged at Valo again, a small frown on her face, as her eyes slid to Ricky and then back to him.

"Is there something wrong...?" she managed to whisper up at him.

Her features as always were expressive, a look of worry was quickly directed at Ricky before subsiding. Something did not feel right about the man, or so instinct told her. She tried to understand, but could not, perhaps because of her young mind or that she knew nothing of the man, and so instead slipped her hand to Valo's for a sense of reassurance. What she did realise that questions and poking towards Ricky would possibly be ill advised, and so why not ask another? Still, she thought Ricky was funny, and so she had no quarrel with him. Even if he did give her a careful look over.

"Hello," she managed to just about say to him.

She gave an awkward shuffle and turned her head away, knowing it was time to let adults talk about whatever adults talked about. Wyatti looked about the docks from her position, watching the world around her with curiosity, her mind for a moment distracted by all that occurred around her, but not once letting go of Valo. She watched some dock workers off in the distance load and unload boats, and the crowd move and wave just like the ocean next to her. She then turned her attention to the ocean. She leaned slightly to get a closer look, slipping her hand from Valo's and tottering towards the edge. She sheepishly looked out, before scuttling back in after a strong blast of sea spray got her. She almost looked insulted by it, and gave it a snort as she looked out across it. Wyatti briefly turned her head to Ricky a look of curiosity on her face. There was something he was looking at right? Something must of caught his eye? She turned her head out to face the ocean again, taking in its views as she tried to understand it's turbulent nature.

"Mister Ricky... What were you looking at?" she asked as she returned to Valo's side and her hand to his.
Wyatti
Common | Thought

Wyatti
Player

Character sheet

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Reaver Riatal on December 15th, 2012, 12:03 am

Everything was happening rather quickly around him. At his arrival and query he found it rather amusing to watch it all unfold. Though as everyone continued to interact with each other he was quickly putting names to faces. And more importantly trying to think of a way to get this to move to a bar. Or an inn, or somewhere where he could drink and enjoy the atmosphere of friendly people. Maybe a little something to eat would be nice, though he knew that he'd have to pick something up on the way if he wanted food. With a steady sigh he figured he should get to his feet. Soon standing clear over the others at his full six feet and six inches his height would impose upon most. However his thin and spindly limbs showed he was no fighter. As he made sure his coat was protecting him against the cold of the day he let his black gloved hands roam his body for a moment. Seeing everything in order he looked up in time for the man dignified as 'Ricky' to address him. Giving Ricky his charming smile his sharp, piercing blue eyes gazed right into Ricky's. His dark hair flopped around his face as he looked between everyone and gave a more formal introduction. "Ah my good man that's because we've not yet met before. As such please allow me to introduce myself to you all. Lady and gentlemen, I am Reaver Riatal, of Syliras."

Ordinarily if these people where more his friends he'd use the title he had appropriated for himself. Though given the strangers accidental meet he figured it best to avoid using his title. Instead he looked among the strangers and noticed the little one seemed to be rather shy of him. He had managed to catch her name, it was a strange one 'Wyatti'. Her eyes seemed off, he had known Kelvics before. They by all means appeared human but it was often just the tiniest thing that set them apart from humans. However when her gaze broke from him and began to dart around curiously. His suspicion was quickly reaffirmed in his mind. Looking to the person identified as 'Valo' he was also quite the more academic of a man. He also seemed the least threatening here unlike the more imposing Ricky. Silently he suspected it would be best not to enrage him. The sailor was defiantly seasoned in more than a few bar fights. Though as he took in his surrounding information his more merry side began to take hold as he worked through the kinks of restating his proposal. Wanting it to seem as appealing as possible to the group; he was getting very tired of standing on the dock, in the wind, with the cold sea all around him. His thoughts forced a shiver to run along his spine. Yep, that was it, he was tired of this shyke.

"Everyone if I may say, its a delightful pleasure to meet all your acquaintance. I believe a lengthy conversation would be best shared out of the cold weather, perhaps with a little something to drink. Maybe pick up something to eat as well. I don't know about the rest of you but this foul weather is certainly sapping my energy. And I also would like to add that as our feet freeze to this dock. We could be enjoying the same conversation while on the move." He smiled, it was a little rude of him. But he had done what he could to make his little speech sound both appealing and entertaining to the people congregating around him. His charming smile still clear as day upon his cold ridden face. The colour of which was steadily becoming red as winter began to make its assault on the warmth his body withheld from it. He took a long breath and exhaled as he shuddered exhaling a loud grunt as he shivered lightly. Being tall was nice, however he wished he had a little more meat on his bones. The cold cut right through him as easily as a sword of Isurian steel would slice through a Symenestra's body. A lot like fire through snow. After a momentary pause he decided he liked that analogy a lot better. Once more he managed to pull his head from out of the clouds and listen back to the conversation. More than eager to hear their responses to his inquiry, he hoped they agreed. Any more of his and his knees would start hitting each other thanks to the blighted cold.
"I like to entertain myself through whatever means I see fit. If you find these means funny as well then please laugh along~ I'd rather have someone apologize after having a good time~" - Reaver Riatal
Reaver Riatal
Self Proclaimed King of Fire

Words: 130938
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 11:00 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Valo on December 15th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Ricky was clearly ripped out of his own little world as the dialogue unfolded. One moment he was staring into the open waters, the next his gaze was upon them as he pieced together everything that was happening, matched name to face. A warm smile on Valo's face became warmer still upon the mention of his own name, the sound it created within the vocal chords of this bear of a man. A warmth in his heart arose at the thought that their brief encounter was not forgotten. But things were still clearly not ok and he made a mental note to question Ricky as to his grief and sorrows at a later date, and perhaps check up on the man at some point. He knew where he lived, the World's End Grotto, not far from here. In fact if he looked over his shoulder he'd be able to spot the structure which was at odds with all the other buildings surrounding it. A cluster of stones with warm friendly smoke elevating from the chimney.

It was not at all surprising that Wyatti looked at Valo with worry in her ever expressive features. She could clearly sense the dark clouds over Ricky's mind and even went as far as to asking about it, though Valo did not reply. Instead he simply held her hand reassuringly and kept her at close proximity to him self.

The stranger's name was Reaver and he came from Syliras as his title suggested and his manner was quite formal is an almost comical way. Valo watched as he conversed with Ricky, thinking it best not to cut in and let the two get to know each other. He was very all, almost as tall as Valo him self and equally had very little meat on him. The piercing blue eyes surveyed the world around them with utmost flare, a pleasant face, a sharp mind no doubt. He was definitely eloquent and something, though perhaps just his own imagination, led Valo to think there might be more to this individual than meets the eye. A certain unexplained cunningness.

Without him realising, the little girl broke off from him and tiptoed a good distance away. She leaned over the edge and stared into the water, reminding him a little of a cat who just found something very interesting it wanted to play with. Of course his curiosity made him wonder what on earth she was looking at, but more still he prayed that she shall not fall over the edge. A bath in cold water would not serve her well. But she returned unharmed, if not a little shaken by the salty spray of the sea.

That was the moment Valo decided to speak, his smooth melodic voice had a note an an accent to it as always, but now it wasn't so prominent. In fact many would think that common was his first language. "Gentlemen, returning indoors is a splendid idea, for if we linger here we may fall pray to some dreadful illness. Saying that I must add that the kelp bar is no place for us. Wyatti is simply too young and I believe Ricky has had enough Kelp Beer for a whole season." he spoke, placing his hand on Ricky's shoulder comfortingly. He flashed the sailor the warmest and friendliest of smiles before carrying on. "Keeping that in mind, do you have any propositions?"

Wyati was at his side again, her hand in his. "Mister Ricky... What were you looking at?" she asked.
Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next