Completed Dissolving The Fantasy

[The Docks] Ricky is coming to find himself now realizing the truth in his denial, now coming devolving into a more regretful state of mind his perspective becomes rendered. Therefore leading him on into the next step of his grief...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Ricky Maze on January 6th, 2013, 6:53 am

"So tell me. Did my display of magical prowess at least impress you all? Its not very easy I'll have you know." Reaver spoke in what sounded to be practical, but Ricky hadn't caught any sign of it. His mind boiled and brewed like water in a heated pot, bubbling with thoughts that felt far from his original ones.

'The only thing ye have impressed is me dignity, which I can't say the same for ye since ya ain't got none.' The words rang clear throughtout his head, they traveled to every corner of his mind until finally he was nearly about to speak. Automatically of course, as he was nearly lost within his anger. Why this would be the case was unknown, he just knew one thing. He hated everything at the moment. He was now finally letting go of his denial, and devolving into the next phase of grief. Until...

"Ricky, I truly hate to rip you away from your meal, but would you join me outside for a moment. Just a fraction of a second, I promise you." Valo had suggested which had snapped Ricky back into the present moment, and had brought to light the issue Ricky had.

'Good God's, I truly have lost it. I gotta correct this...' He thought to himself as he felt Valo's green eyes gaze upon him. "Sure, why not." He replied in a attempt to sound warm, but perhaps may have sounded too warm. Maybe a little hot headed, he was not sure however as he scoot the chair back and stood up. Valo was next to follow, as they both would head just outside the entrance to speak. Before they did though Ricky worked to surpress what he could, the anger and hate that started to develope was already causing him to lose control. Three words came to mind before he finally manage to make it out. Head. Table. Bang.

As humerous as it felt it was a sort of violence the man was not accustomed to, Ricky never involved himself in such acts and always, always, used it as a last resort. Why he felt such reactions come to life was an answer he would soon face. They were outside now and Valo seemed to look serious, if not very concerned, to Ricky. The fisherman waited for the artist to speak, and worked to compose himself once more to hopefully contain his anger.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Wyatti on January 6th, 2013, 10:57 am

Wyatti watched Valo leave, a brief flicker of worry as her fingers slipped from his hand. But the Kelvic did not speak. Instead her large eyes were focused only on Valo before he dipped into the outside world. The Kelvic swallowed, her eyes turning to Reaver, before they averted to the floor. Everything seemed too forced, a wave of anger that was trying to be covered up by polite tones. She shuffled awkwardly, an element of shyness overcoming her, not sure on what to say to the 'wizard' that was before her. Should she humour him? Make small talk? It was something Wyatti struggled in doing, even if he was indeed friendly. She glanced at her plate, her brow frowning, searching for a start. Her eyes drifted up to Reaver, a cat like look filling her face. She forced questions into her mind.

"Mister Reaver," she paused for a moment "Can you do any other wizardy things... like umm..."

The Kelvic thought, her brow frowning the way any focusing child would. She had to choose her next words carefully, that would allow her to delve into parts of Reaver without seeming to be too prying. Her lips pursed, she exhaled as if thinking of the right words. She remembered his scent, of burning wood, of ash and flame, and so chose that to be her next target of questioning.

"Like umm... umm... fire?" her eyes lit up, an element of fantasy controlling her, a request it seemed to be entertained once more by the marvellous Reaver. "I heard all the super awesome wizards can use fire!"

The enthusiasm that could only be found in a small child was apparent, large eyes, a broad grin, pure innocence filling her face. But Wyatti was cunning, she wanted to know more, she wanted to find every little detail. For indeed this man had become a curiosity to her and her young mind.
Wyatti
Common | Thought

"Curiosity killed the cat, but, satisfaction brought it back"

In the OC World: Uni + Work + Community work = one busy kitty
Wyatti
Player

Words: 65852
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2012, 2:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Reaver Riatal on January 6th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Sitting silently as he watched Valo walk off with Ricky, the man didn't seem any better after his little stunt. He had hoped to lighten the load of serious faces that sat at this table. However for Ricky at least he seemed to have made it worse, silently he wondered if Ricky just didn't like him. It had happened plenty of times before, bullies who had put his face to the ground all because they 'didn't like your face.' Memories of sweet retribution came as he remembered the looks on their faces when he lit one of their heads on fire. He had forced a meeting place by a source of water, though it was mostly for his own safety if his control had failed. Lighting things on fire was fun, lighting himself on fire, not so much. As Valo led the stocky man away he felt a little more relaxed. However that left him alone with the kid, this was going to be tough. It wasn't that he didn't like children, he just wasn't a very good responsible figure to look after them.

Awkward silence surrounded the two, Reaver's mind searched for a topic. He grasped hold of one and spoke. Silence met his lips as the young girl across from him had beaten him in the race. And the topic only made his eyebrow twitch slightly, he'd have to come up with a new idea. As she fumbled for a new trick Reaver's mind raced as fast as it could. An excuse? No that wouldn't do, it would only force him into fraud. Perhaps if he just managed to throw water on the roof and making it 'rain indoors'. However when he heard her suggestion he felt like someone was stabbing him in the chest again. Why did this little girl have such ridiculous demands? Either she was playing him for a fool or she was acting the part of innocence. Though he'd detest the latter he chose to go with the former. She after all was a child, and probably was just seeking entertainment.

He needed a moment to think of something brilliant, something that would work and not reveal himself. What did he have? Okay he had a mug of Kelp beer, not the best choice in anything but beggars can't be choosers. Next up was fire, needed fire, and fire he did have! "A moment please my dear I must prepare myself." He stood up and walked in a circle, nicking a candle from a table. As he came back he did his best to hide the lit stick behind one of his arms while he reached for a mug of kelp beer. "Alright, you seek fire, here it is~" This was going to be his best trick yet, as he took a sip of the beer keeping it in his mouth. His lungs filled with his ethereal blue res as he moved his hands fast as they could go. Using his right arm for distraction while his left moved the candle into view. He forced air out a small hole in his lips and splayed the beer out. With the beer was hidden the res as the candle acted as a mere prop in his little play. The res lit ablaze when he got it close to the candle. The beer evaporating from the heat making a brilliant display of fire while keeping his little secret as such.

Though as the fire ate up its fuel it quickly began to march its way back the trail of beer and res. Thinking quick to defend himself he used the last bit of res lined air in his lungs to make a bubble. Pushing it out it caught the fire and made a delightful little ball for a brief instant. Letting Reaver pull his face back before his hair and face caught fire. With a little sweat on his brow from the heat and worry he had managed to draw a few claps from around him. It was no where near professional, but his 'wizardly magic' should put off those suspecting of his true nature. Looking to Wyatti he smiled and spoke with renewed breath. "Fire, as you have requested~" The candle was now unlit and the mug a little empty. Setting the items down on a table he rejoined his seat, hoping to the gods she would ask no more of him.
"I like to entertain myself through whatever means I see fit. If you find these means funny as well then please laugh along~ I'd rather have someone apologize after having a good time~" - Reaver Riatal
Reaver Riatal
Self Proclaimed King of Fire

Words: 130938
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 11:00 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Valo on January 12th, 2013, 10:45 pm

The cool air surrounded them now, engulfing them with a fresh breeze from the dock. And in that breeze, his blood red hair seemed to have a life of it's own, weaving into the air like serpents, but his face was marble and neutral. Not stern but not a smile either. Though his eyes were at their very peak of animation, displaying incredible worry. The kind of worry that only a fundamentally altruistic man may hold for another.

Valo faced the fisherman directly, their eyes locking in an almost unbreakable connection for a moment. And gazing deep into the other's eyes he spoke with utmost honesty and an overwhelming softness in his voice. "Ricky, you seem like you're about to rip into the man's chest and pull out his organs, so stern is your expression. I hate to say this at such a terrible time and I hope you forgive me, but you must calm your self my friend."

It pained him somewhat, having to say this, for Ricky's entire persona seemed to radiate with the pain of the loss of his dear companion. And it would only seem proper that a man who suffered a loss would be allowed to revel in his misery. Any widow would be a statement to that, wrapping her self in black and parading her turmoil as if the end of the world was at hand. For death was just that, the end of the world. Yet somehow Ricky was denied that privilege to parade around, dressed in his guilt. Still, for both the safety of Ricky and that of Reaver, it had to be said and at least the soul who said it had nothing but good intention at heart.
Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Ricky Maze on January 19th, 2013, 1:27 am

"Ricky, you seem like you're about to rip into the man's chest and pull out his organs, so stern is your expression. I hate to say this at such a terrible time and I hope you forgive me, but you must calm your self my friend." Valo's intention was only for the good in which Ricky knew this well, but there was still that bubbling anger that waited to rise and surge from within. It was like a corrosive toxic that poisoned his very being, setting it into a degraded state of mind as he faced the truth reality had set for him.

"I- I know!" His tone was high and assertive, a state of aggression he didn't mean to be revealed. It wasn't Valo or Reaver that had set him off, nobody really did anything to do so. It was all a matter of bad timing, now of all times he was becoming upset with himself. Even worse he was leaving a terrible impression on the two strangers, not good at if they had any hope of befriending Ricky. He wasn't able to control his emotion, just at least divert it to some place else where it could "temporarily" fill itself. He already felt on the verge of a break down, Valo could no doubt tell. The edgy posture, the quickened breathe and troubled expression, the frantic twirl of his thumbs as he tried to keep himself calm.

"Sorry." Ricky said with a guilty concious knowing he may have startled or unnerved Valo, he looked away to the docks once more and knelt down to where he was perched. In his eyes there was a combination of several things: anger, regret, and most importantly fear.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Wyatti on January 19th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Wyatti gave a loud applause. She was more than entertained to say the least, her eyes wide as the man once more put on a show, but this time of such greatness that his previous show was shadowed by this one. Her eyes stared up with awe, a childish grin upon her face one that would not be wavered any time soon. It was safe to say that the young Kelvic had been completely captivated by the act, perhaps so much so that she could not bring forth any more. A blessing perhaps, for the question children put forth had a tendency to be awkward in nature- in Wyatti's case at least. Even as Reaver once more sat down, she gave a clap but said little more.

She seemed entranced now, concerned no more with what was going on outside between Valo and Ricky, her attention was now on Reaver. Although she did not look for more of these displays, she still wanted to know more. So her ever growing curiosity fell upon him. Her head titled to one side, a small questioning look, before it faded to a smile. She was content to say the least, and the information she had managed to gather could be looked upon later. She was content, and waited for the man to relax in his chair. She would let her questioning stop for now. But then her brow changed into one of a frown, a deep thoughtful expression filling her face as she began to wonder.

"So," she began "If Mister Ricky is a mighty bear warrior, and you Mister Reaver are a super wizard, and Mister Valo is a fasci..." she paused as she tried to say a word clearly "fa-scin-at-ing painting man..."

She drifted off her brow lightening as she tried to choose her words. It was time to see what he thought for a change.

"What does that make me then?"
Wyatti
Common | Thought

"Curiosity killed the cat, but, satisfaction brought it back"

In the OC World: Uni + Work + Community work = one busy kitty
Wyatti
Player

Words: 65852
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2012, 2:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Reaver Riatal on February 2nd, 2013, 6:39 am

Reaver smiled as he noticed the delighted child across from. Her eyes filled with wonder and the grin that stained her face. It was a sight that made him feel strange inside. He himself had always enjoyed making himself smile, enjoying the situation and just having fun. Though the smile and applause from her was strange. He only got this delightful feeling when he was good and buzzed off of some hard alcohol. Yet for some reason this small girls smile and her applause gave him something akin of the similar tingling sensation. It was nice, and he liked it, offering a brighter smile he looked around the restaurant. Ricky and Valo had been gone for some time. An image of Valo being beaten by Ricky came to mind forcing a shudder. Though before his own imagination could convince him of the situation he heard young Wyatti speak. Pulling his attention to her he couldn't help but chuckle when he was called a 'super wizard'. When she asked what she was Reaver's mind set a racing. What was only a single second to the outside world were chimes for him as he came to a conclusion. Though admittedly his body was a little tired from the strenuous acts, his spirit and mind hand nothing but a thirst for his theatrics.

Standing up he pointed at the young girl a smile on his face as his sharp blue eyes bore down on the girl. With his black gloved hand he snapped once to gain her attention. As his voice spoke and rather loudly he announced her title. "As I, Reaver Riatal the super wizard proclaim! You Wyatti! Young child of the fair city Zeltiva! Are the super adorable sidekick! TO! The fascinating painter man Valo! The mighty bear warrior Ricky! And myself! To which we become Zeltiva's Super Team! Of people!" He had gone a little overboard and it was rather simple. But he couldn't come up with a name for their squad fast enough. Though admittedly most of his imagination had been put to the test today and he had done rather well considering. Though he suspected that the facial expression his pointing at her from such a height. And the odd choice of words he had spoken would at least entice a giggle from a few people. If anything he made a good mockery of himself.
"I like to entertain myself through whatever means I see fit. If you find these means funny as well then please laugh along~ I'd rather have someone apologize after having a good time~" - Reaver Riatal
Reaver Riatal
Self Proclaimed King of Fire

Words: 130938
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 11:00 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Valo on February 7th, 2013, 5:10 pm

"I - I know." barked Ricky. His tone aggressive, as if someone had done something so terrible to him, leaving the poor soul lost and in the perpetual state of self defence. And that was precisely the case. Agitated he was profoundly and Valo's eyes had not missed the troubled expression upon the man's face. Such that manifested in the pulling together of his feature, whilst at least trying to lay a mask of obliviousness over it; much like an artist would lay white paint over a mistake in his painting. Eyes that were the very impersonation of aggravation and pain. Frantic twirling of the fingers in desperation of occupation. Posture slanted, crooked and edgy, with tension in every fibre of his bear body. If Ricky wanted to, he could have easily used Valo's slender build as a punching bad and soon the artist found him self thankful of the friendship between them, for if such was not present, perhaps he'd think twice before finding him self alone with the sailor.

Despite having complete trust in the man, Valo took a provisional step back. A step to give him some space, not one in direct expectation of escape. Surely that prospect was as wild as the probability of Laviku himself appearing before them in the most random of fashion. None the less, safety was at a distance and safety was good. There was a strange expression upon Valo's face. Not an impassive one, but the emotion within him, manifesting heavily in his eyes could not be pinned. Not agitation as such, yet not complete calmness either. Mere observation, perhaps thoughtfulness. Yes, that was precisely the expression which the artist usually beheld when deeply observing something and that very something was Ricky. Emerald eyes begged him to calm him self. A worry painted within their liquid surface.

"Sorry." mumbled Ricky before turning his attention afar, towards the dock where the sky would absorb the perpetual emotion that emanated from his eyes. A clear sign that he perhaps wished his friend not to see him like this. Perhaps shame or even the wish to be left alone. But this time Valo refused to simply disappear. Refused any cowardice on his behalf. he had seen Ricky at his utmost terrible the time he had taken the man home whilst so profoundly drunk, the times there were tears of sorrow in his eyes. the times where the fisherman could not possibly face another soul without being bitten horribly by his pride.

But if there is anything a friend should be; that would be for the best and the worst of times. For friends seemed like leeches; the more you fight them off the stronger they stick. True friends that is. And a true friend would never abandon the other in sorrow.

As the fisherman knelt down, casting his gaze afar as if forgetting Valo's very presence at an instant, the artist came closer. A slender hand planted gently upon Ricky's shoulder and soon the artist fallowed, kneeling down by him, eyes casting to the docks and back at his friend periodically. Not in an antagonising way and not in a prying way for there was silence upon his lips. Merely tidal drift of the eyes from place to place. Eyes, like the sea, would drift. Eyes, like the mind, would simply drift. This time he would pick his words with utmost care, unlike the day before when his foolishness had nothing but made the situation between them worse. A brief though of leaving nothing but silence pass between them for there was a certain peace in silence. Sometimes no words at all needed to be spoken to convey the most powerful of messages.

This however was no such time. There was something to be said. Something important and alas, after the period of simple silence was over, Valo spoke in a quiet tome. His honey voice, the accent within it, nothing but subdued and calm. "You don't need to go back in there. I'm sure they'll understand if you need to be alone and so will I. Calm my friend, for it will do you good." he spoke with the gentle crescent upon his lips, a saddened smile. His gaze turned back to Ricky, a message of pure worry painted in his eyes. "Know however, that you are not alone."

Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Ricky Maze on February 8th, 2013, 6:40 am

"You don't need to go back in there. I'm sure they'll understand if you need to be alone and so will I. Calm my friend, for it will do you good." Valo had explained to him as he sought to bring ease to Ricky's troubled mind. The fisherman was indeed needing to find a place that brought serenity, that helped him find enough comfort to deal with his own thoughts. As much of pleasurable company they would make today was just not a good day, Ricky needed to release this random flare of stress so that he could refain control. Pride demanded he look strong before everyone else, but it was evidently clear Ricky wasn't giving that appeal. "Know however, that you are not alone."

He wanted to cry right then and there. He felt bad for just up and leaving like he did last night, and now he was bound to do it again. Somehow though Valo understood the nature of his condition, and so long as he understood it then there was no real damage on his part. Clearly now was the best time to head off for some air, and so with a sigh and silent nod Ricky stood up. He never quite looked at Valo but he managed to speak before leaving them to their social thing. "Give Reaver my apologies would ya?...and thanks." He said before he finally walked off.

OOC :
Guys go ahead and let Valo come back in, Reaver can wrap up our thread with his post.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Dissolving The Fantasy

Postby Valo on February 8th, 2013, 9:36 am

For a moment Valo remained in his position, watching the bear man walk off in his sadness. The silhouette of his dear friend, slowly disappearing into the city. Dissolving within it. Another man with the world on his shoulders. The artist remained knelt down, for just a moment more and during that moment no thought passed through his mind. As white as a blank canvas he was. A surreal moment that left nothing but an impassive aura behind. It was only after that moment that Valo's mind slowly spun back into gear and he would do just as Ricky has instructed him.

There was a polite smile on his face, but this one was only out of politeness for within, Valo was a tangled mess of worry now. Worry that his friend may reach for alcohol again and this time he wouldn't be there to help. Worry that insanity upon his loss may have been sweeping itself over the poor fisherman. Such sorrow wouldn't bring Odis back, it would only ruin the precious life which was saved by that noble sacrifice. Poor Ricky. Poor, poor Ricky indeed.

Upon the re-entrance to the Grotto, Valo wasted little time for the brief goodbye to his new acquaintances. Without quite looking either in the eyes, he spoke simply before excusing himself also. "Ricky sends his apologies, but he has some terribly important business he needs to attend to. Alas, I must be off to, I do hope you forgive the pair of us. Fair well my friends." and with those words, the disappeared into the city and away from the prying eyes of those who may wish to question his abrupt swing of mood.

We are fools to believe that our actions do not affect others. Fools indeed, for a caring heart, a soft heart can o no different than suffer with that which it cares about. It is human nature. The nature to make other's business our own. Some may say that the ability to empathise is the very thing that makes us human. In all honesty, finding himself in a helpless situation once more, Valo could simply do nothing more than empathise.

Red
Valo

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext