Yahal

God of faith and purity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Yahal

Postby Colombina on January 1st, 2013, 12:44 am

Yahal

Yahal is the personification of purity and faithfulness. Before the Valterrian, he fought diligently against Rhysol's spreading corruption. With Sylir and Tyveth as allies, the trio were able to keep Rhysol in check. This allowed Yahal to build a strong following among the mortals of Mizahar. There were even a number of monasteries devoted to Yahal. These secluded places along with their monk inhabitants, offered those seeking purity a chance to cleanse themselves of physical, mental and spiritual corruption. Following the Valterrian and the spread of chaos throughout the land, Yahal lost much ground in his battle against Rhysol. Few, if any, of the old monasteries remain and those seeking to be purified are few and far between. However, Yahal has found increased worship from the Benshira in the time following the Valterrian.

Yahal offers purification and clarity of self to those who choose to follow him. Having faith in one's beliefs and in one's self means everything to Yahal. Those who falter in their faith open themselves up to corruption. In that, Rhysol grows ever stronger. In order to be accepted by Yahal, one must actively oppose deceit, betrayal, dishonesty and thoughtlessness. In return for maintaining a pure mind, body and soul, Yahal often grants the gnosis of Ennervism.

Yahal is worshipped largely by the Benshira Humans and Syliran Knights, and will sometimes appear among them or in dreams. Those who have heard him, describe his voice as still and quiet, like a wind in the desert.

Yahal's spiritual domain is occasionally seen or felt in pieces by his followers. They speak of a jasper fortress with white banners and hills covered in orchards and vineyards. It is said one feels they are both returning home and beginning a new quest when reaching its borders.

Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Yahal

Postby Imass on January 2nd, 2013, 9:13 am

Link

The Knight's anger fueled his body despite it's status of being broken. He had one chance. One final shot at glory, "Yahal give my body the strength to complete this one final Duty in your name! I implore you! I am not perfect and I have sinned, but I have lived my life in your honor! Never once asked you for anything, but now I come to you for one final gift before I die! Give me the strength to finish Murdock, the worm who killed the innocent, conspired against the good and just, and defiled your most sacred ideals! Yahal, help me stop Murdock!"
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Yahal

Postby Ximal on January 3rd, 2013, 3:46 pm

29th winter 512AV night.

The wandering man, sit at his desk, a constant source of torment surrounding him, but still he found himself doing something he rarely did. He was going to at least attempt to beseech a god. He'd never really held much faith out to them, nor had they really held any sway over him, still he sat at the desk a thought rolling around his head as he started to have his "conversation" with a god, knowing full well it would likely be one sided.

Well, this is a rare thing for me to do...Though being honest i'm not one to speak out towards any gods, nor am i one to claim piety, nor faithfulness. I do not come asking of anything. I do not come to swear loyalty. I come simply as a man with a bleak past and, what seems to be an even bleaker future. If i'm being totally honest i don't even know most gods names...Nor do i really know what most gods deal with, i've only recently begun to truly discover that gods can play a major role. But as ive said i'm not a pious man, nor a religious one. still then i can almost hear you asking, why do i call to you? I just wanted to state that i'm not proud of the things i've done, nor am i happy with taking the lives of others. i do not wish harm upon anyone. Not even the one who somewhat betrayed me when i asked for his help. Still. it's not in me to ask for a "absolution" of my sins. every life i've taken i regret, even though it as in defense of myself, and others who could not defend themselves. I know that may not be in your name, nor in your code of morals. But i still ask not with false modesty, nor pride. all i ask is that i be given some form of sign that what i'm doing is right. that what i suffer through has meaning. Even if it does not, then i'm sorry for wasting you time. but with a thought towards the surroundings i find myself in, i cant help but reflect upon faith...And how little i've had. it's a hard thing to remain faithful though out years of slavery...Though maybe that was also a plan of yours. Who knows, well other than you... Still thank you for listening to the ramblings of one who lacks any guidance. i cant help but wonder if your even listening to one man like me. i'm not high on the list of priorities. And i know that every thing ive just said seems like i'm denouncing you, but in my own roundabout way...I'm kind of saying thanks. Mostly for at least giving me some form of will to pull myself back from the brink of my madness...and regain my sanity...So thanks. In my own strange way. With that the wanderers voice trailed off, his hands squeezing at his temples. Trying to hold back the torrent of pain and the ever lurking presence of his suffering.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Yahal

Postby Kaley on January 7th, 2013, 7:57 pm

74th Day of Spring, 510 AV

A kept toy, concubine, wishing to fly away:
"Oh Yahal, mighty one, please look down on your child with kindness. Please let me too have swift wings so that I can leave this wretched city and bring honor to those who still carry your name in their hearts."

Thread
Kaley
Property of Pressorah

Words: 10485
Joined roleplay: October 10th, 2012, 6:15 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Yahal

Postby Markus Andres on January 12th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Post in the thread where Markus prays.

”Lord Yahal, The Holy One and Lord of the Pure, please grant us the strength to slay this unholy beast from the depths! Please guide my sword so I may destroy this creature before it destroys the faithful.” His words were loud, his voice firm. Lord Yahal was a just god. A knightly god. He would not forsake them. He raised his sword into the sky as the spoke the last words.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Yahal

Postby Brodon Windriver on January 20th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Temple of Yahal, Yahebah, following Healing Hands, Healing Sands

55th of Fall, 512

The Young man stumbled uncertainly into the welcoming calm and cool of the temple. A few eyes strayed his way instinctively, and returned to their prayers. They recognized him as the survivor of a troubled desert crossing, one healed in the House of Mercy and still showing the scars of severe sunburn, though the better part of a season had passed.

They knew he had been driven by some tremendous resolve, and some spoke that Yahal himself must have taken hold of his journey for him to have survived his misadventures. Could they hear his prayer, they might have been surprised by the compromise it embraced.

"Blessed Yahal, Holy Father of Mercy, I do not have certainty of what I ask, and can only trust you to know my heart. It is perhaps only this that I DO ask. My purpose seemed just when I took it up, yet only through the guidance of your priest, was I prevented from killing an innocent man in pursuit of it. One who suffers the same grief as I suffer, and as my mother suffers. I have no knowledge of how many others may suffer as we do, or what it portends.

Into your hands I would put my path, you, who know so much more of what transpires in the world. I still seek an answer and will continue to search, unless you give me a sign that this displeases you. I thank you for the wisdom you impart to your followers and I hope to emulate them with a greater focus on restraint and forgiveness. I pray that there is a place for me to contribute my efforts to resolving the affliction that troubles my father and others, and I ask your guidance in finding it.

Until then, grant me patience, to wait for a sign to act; forbearance, to observe before I act; understanding, to act wisely; courage, to act even at risk to myself; and in these, and all other things, mercy. I leave you now to your works. Do as you will."

He rose, his heart and step lighter, and left the temple.

"Carrying an angry load, keeps you on an angry road."
Brodon Windriver
It's your move...

Words: 251972
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Yahal

Postby Abashai on January 30th, 2013, 1:41 pm

From the thread "Running Blind"

"Yahal! You have seen fit to mark me, though the deed I performed to earn your favor has been obscured by the works of the Lord of Chaos, whose Chaon I now bear. I have committed murder in his name, lies and treasons, to glorify him and his servants. But his deceptions have been made manifest, and I see how I have been undone by my own weakness, how I destroyed someone I once loved.

If you still hear me, If you have not turned a deaf ear to your errant servant, hear my penitent heart and reconcile with me. My life is ashes now. Return to me my life, my understanding, and if it is the will of the gods, Nya Winters. Give me reason to turn from the Dark One I have embraced and return to the God of my people. Do not leave me to raise my son in the dark. Hear my heart Holy One!"
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Yahal

Postby Abashai on January 30th, 2013, 1:45 pm

From the thread "Running Blind"

"Yahal! You have seen fit to mark me, though the deed I performed to earn your favor has been obscured by the works of the Lord of Chaos, whose Chaon I now bear. I have committed murder in his name, lies and treasons, to glorify him and his servants. But his deceptions have been made manifest, and I see how I have been undone by my own weakness, how I have sinned with a grievous betrayal and destroyed someone I once loved.

If you still hear me, If you have not turned a deaf ear to your errant servant, hear my penitent heart and reconcile with me! My life is ashes now. Return to me my life, my understanding, and if it is the will of the gods, Nya Winters. Give me reason to turn from the Dark One I have embraced and return to the God of my people. Do not leave me to raise my son in the dark. Hear my heart Holy One!"
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Yahal

Postby Trente on February 6th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Progeny

"Yahal, you son of a bitch. An army of knights, all faithful to your name, all wheat fed and brought up clean. And despite all this you call on me to strike down this foe? In the name of Syliras? Hadrian? My son?

Let us make one thing clear, I was lost long ago, and it was not your so called watchful light that scraped me from bilge bottoms, but the hearts of man. A part of me will always be down in that filth, and grime, and places a god like you would never set foot. Places that you left me to rot.

I am not doing this for you, I am doing this to show you exactly what you left behind, the warrior I could have been, had you given a shyke about that poor tortured child.

I prayed to you, Yahal. I prayed to you, and you never answered.

So, you best be watching, god, because I am not going to do this again."
Trente
Player

Words: 244388
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 1:53 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Yahal

Postby Brodon Windriver on March 14th, 2013, 5:04 am

OOC - from First Breath

7th Day of Spring, 513 AV

The young man knelt in sincere deference to a god he long recognized, but only newly revered.

"Lord Yahal,
I find myself again in your temple asking for guidance in my quest, and forgiveness for my asking. I have always felt myself a child of Zulrav, yet have never shown true devotion to any. I have not sought the gain of windmarks, though it is a culturally anticipated pursuit.
It is not for lack of honor to my Lord Zulrav. It is a feeling that I have accomplished no deed worthy to deserve such. yet it is not for lack of trying. Despair gives me drive to dare the impertinence of wondering if Zulrav hears my prayers.
Forgive me, Lord Zulrav, my faults and insecurities, if you hear me. But I now find the House of Yahal in prominence and have felt his guidance, through his priest, stay my hand from committing a dread wrong not long ago.
I ask you now, Lord Yahal, am I to continue to wait? I gave word to touch the webs of Cyphrus for such word as may be sent me. Or to give such as I may have learned. Yet I have learned nothing save the surety that another suffers the same fate as my father, and by extension, my family.
I feel no guidance to pursue this end. Am I to take this to mean that there is no news to hear from my people? Am I to return to Cyphrus only to relay this one small note? Does not every inhabitant of Mizahar know already that suffering is everywhere? But is the nature of this other man's grief worthy of such backtracking?
I ask again for your patience with me, that I ask again for guidance. Or for a sign that waiting IS what you would still have me do? I offer myself into your hands, your will be done."
Last edited by Brodon Windriver on May 17th, 2013, 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Carrying an angry load, keeps you on an angry road."
Brodon Windriver
It's your move...

Words: 251972
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Next