Closed A Sailors Life For Me!

Kavala and Riaris attempt to teach themselves how to sail.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A Sailors Life For Me!

Postby Kavala on August 6th, 2013, 4:37 pm

Kavala took Riaris' hand and laughed like a child just about ready to do something ultimately naughty. Tugging on his arm, she lead them back through the doorway and out into the sun. The small landing had a panoramic view of the south coast and a bit of the Suvan. She took them upwards though, into a far larger shelf of the island that wrapped around to the west. Here a stone pavilion offered shade and several large lounges rested beneath its bright colored fabric. It was almost an observation deck, set high on the island and perfectly positioned for a view of the setting sun. That was bells away though, for though the sun had passed its zenith in the sky, it was still only slowly dropping. And a lifted hand used to judge finger widths to the horizon from the sun would give it a good seven hours or more before the sun set. The breeze was cool there, up on the highest deck, and it looked as if the place was the most lived in. A fire pit divided a grouping of seats. And as well as single lounges, there were bigger ones meant for two or more people.

Kavala had never planned to bring men here, but her and Tasival often cuddled on the lounges. The twins too were tight, often settling together in places which was why she had seating build for two.

She lead him past the seating area and onto another small deck that lead down a series of stairway terraces that were perfect for fishing off of, kite flying, or just landing spots for creatures such as Larik. He could tell if he continued on around, there was an even lower terrace that was good for swimming since the ways gently deposited upon it, and exploring the coral reef that surrounded the island.

Kavala stood there, next to him, proud in the sun. Instead of leading him downward, she simply wrapped her arms around him for a moment and leaned against his strength, glad to have been able to share his island with her. Bare in the sun, they hid nothing, and he could see the marks on her body. There were scars, of course, but the Lykata she usually hid with a fingerless fighters glove was blazened on the back of her hand. He could see the Rak'keli marks of healing on her calf. And on her hip, twisted around her body, was a spiral that was a bit different. It was something they'd never talked about.

Kavala in turn studied him, admiring his tattoos of Zith and the reminders from what she assumed were his rites of passage. His hands were also ungloved and she noticed the ridges of deep red in one of them marking the veins. Soft webbed fingers trailed over these odd veins and she glanced up at him and raised an eyebrow questioningly.

Leading him back the way they'd come, Kavala retrieved a fresh waterskin of cool water from a hook in the shade and dumped it by one of the double lounges. She then sat down and stretched out on it, urging him to join her. The lounges were made of stone, though covered with thick feather ticking and oilskin fabric in bright blue that matched the sea around them. They would hold up to two adults doing what she suspected they'd be wanting to do soon. Kavala knew Riaris was aroused and wanted to make love. She did too. But part of this trip was to get to know him and his brother, and to actually have quiet time to talk. Talking was hard when Riaris was around. They were both young, in their prime, and easily distracted.

If he joined her, she'd shift so she was sitting on his lap facing him. He'd be comfortable, his back cushioned against the backrest, partway sitting up. In a way it reminded her of The Coils Club and she smiled before she leaned in to kiss him softly. They had no audience here save for Syna in the sky and Laviku gently holding the island in his arms. Gulls circled, but she doubted they cared what the Rivarian pair did beneath the massive stone pavilion.

She ran her lips lightly across his, smiling against his expression. It was a gentle nuzzle, a promise of more to come as she fitted her body snug against his. Kavala didn't try to control him. She knew better. He would take his time or not, depending on his mood, and she left him to decide where and when they joined together. But she did want to look deep in his eyes, catch the whole of his gaze, and gently rub his nose with her own. Her arms she wrapped around him and brought her face even closer. Then, slowly, she whispered to him.

"Riaris... I think I'm in love with you. I don't even know you, not at all, but I can't get you out of my mind. I can't stop thinking about you. And I want to be with you like this all of the time. I need you deep within me. I need your taste on my skin and tongue and your scent filling my lungs. I even think I need you to give me another child. I'm ready to be a mother again." She whispered, running her hands down his chest, encircling the length of him, gripping him slightly, then running her hands back up to his neck. She nuzzled at him, rubbing the scales on her face along the strong width of his jaw.

"I just wanted you to know." She whispered softly, training kisses along his cheek and face until her mouth was against his other ear. The way she said her words left him knowing, she hoped, that he need not say anything in response. She asked for no commitment from him, and wanted nothing in return except for what might already be within her from their past activities. She offered no binding chains, no ultimatums, just an outpouring of her honest feelings.

In a way, her activities were as bold as they were at the club, but far more intimate. Then, she'd showed him - a virtual stranger - how he'd made her feel. Here, she simply told him and left the rest up to him.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Sailors Life For Me!

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on August 26th, 2013, 12:49 am

There was something about their way that made the fervent Akalak feel like a young boy again. Running off without much of a word to anyone to a secluded island, going inside only to get undressed then heading back out for an evening that couldn't possibly be called anything but in the moment. Those were all things youthful in thought, but there he was going along with Kavala on this personal adventure. Riaris followed behind the woman, his pale gaze taking in her lithe frame and the very seductive way that her body moved. He followed her upward into a larger area and from here he got a different view of the island wonder. It had been designed for comfort as with her home back towards the city. Looking around, Riaris enjoyed the cool breeze and pulled her back into his arms so that they could enjoy before she led him on.

He could see Kavala here with her family, the children surrounding her as they did at home, and Vanator somewhere near by, probably looking towards the lands far away and thinking of his home.

Next she would lead him back down into another area that seemed to have been built with activities in mind. Riaris looked on at the unique setting and could imagine the times that her family enjoyed there. When she turned and embraced him, he did the same. The Akalak wrapped his arms around her lower half taking her weight onto him and enjoying the softness of her body against his in the process. He did notice marks, as his fingers trailed over her skin and the scars there. She had told him of her harsh life, and the scars were remnants of those days passed. But the spiral was something different and he allowed his fingers to trace upon it and followed along to whatever part of her that it reached, and all but stoked her there.

"This is different, and here I thought I had seen all of you..felt all of you."

Riaris noticed then, that she was also doing the same with him, exploring and noticing his scars and markings. He gave her a knowing glance and leaned in to kiss her deeply. Perhaps now wasn't the time for more tales of sorted past. It seemed she thought so as well as she led him to sit. It was a wonder what would come next, she could easily get his blood boiling and pumping in all the right places, but so far it seemed she was just enjoying the peace of the island. He could understand it, she needed to talk more, and get to know him. Til the day, she was yet to meet Recoomas. It would have to happen at some point. on it's own or planned.

"Will be hard pressed for sure.."

When Kavala crawled into his lap, he pulled her down and closely to him where she could sit easily, even with the heat of his flesh resting between them. He gently moved his fingers against her back and down lower where he held her firmly and moved her hips gently to where they could massage each other while their hands were busy up top. She whispered to him again, her voice always soothing and hearten. Riaris didn't speak and instead held her closer, and lifted his hands to slip through her hair and along her cheeks. Her words were heart felt and honest, and he felt them too, but Riaris nor Recoomas had ever been the type to speak of feelings so easily.

Perhaps she didn't know him, but he thought she knew enough, they were close and had already decided what they wanted and were willing to give to the other. The Akalak placed kisses across his neck, her chin and upward to taste her lips again. His hands roamed freely as he pulled her against his chest and drew close for a passionate kiss.
The more you try to silence me, the more I'm gaining ground.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Words: 299930
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2012, 6:39 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

A Sailors Life For Me!

Postby Kavala on September 1st, 2013, 3:25 am

Kavala used to think time such as she was pending with Riaris was wasted time. The Konti had always had a sense of the world racing by and herself always rushing to keep up with it or just ahead of its spin. But it was exhausting maintaining the fight all the time, getting the Sanctuary ready for the future she had planned for it, and barely at times keeping afloat. But she was learning slowly, ever so painfully slowly, that one could steal moments out from the world's events and be okay... to rest, relax, and live.

And right now, here, she wanted to live with this male. She wanted to create a memory of sailing and holding hands, and being alone together with someone new and someone fascinating and having no regrets about it. There were things about Riaris that soothed her, fascinated her, and kept her inherently interested in who he was.

When he fingered the spiral on her, she smiled and met his eyes while covering his hand as it stroked the gnosis mark on her skin. "Nysel." She said simply, her voice clear. Most people didn't know what a Dreamwalker was, and most probably would be scared at knowing had the truth really spilled out. "I follow the Lord of Dreams and Nightmares." Kavala said, not unashamed at all, but not as comfortable with it as she was with the fact she was a healer or had a Lykata mark on the back of her hand. Those two goddesses were acceptable. Her Lord of Dreams was not always taken with an open mind.

She felt joy as he accepted her settling on his lap, took in her words, and stroked her body like he had every right to it. The Konti thrilled in his touch, loving the way he ran his hands through her hair and along her cheeks and down her hips. She took his kiss and gave back to him equally in his passion. Kavala's eyes burned for him, in an unashamed way, and she let the kiss linger, draw itself out, as she slowly and carefully joined them together, taking control while he held her on his lap and inviting him to take his pleasure as well.

Once, long ago she would have shied away from the contact. Kavala would have let him take charge, lead their way, showing her what he wanted. But she didn't know how long Riaris would be in her life, how much time she had with him, and she wanted to make the best of it, the most of it, without wasting any time.

Afterwards, there would be time to cuddle in the lazy afternoon sun. Kavala could wrestle up some food, catch fish or squid, even perhaps some abalone that grew so prolific off the shore this far. Then they could eat and talk well into the night, burning driftwood in the so far untouched firepit that stood ringed in stone before them.

Until then she'd enjoy him, let their kisses take them where they wanted most to go, and lay back and watch the sun set on them as they relaxed on their mini vacation.
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Sailors Life For Me!

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on October 3rd, 2013, 8:04 pm

Time wasn't something that Riaris and Recoomas put a lot of thought into, at least not in the way that most did. The Akalak spent most of his time training, taking on heavy challenges, and then training harder to better himself for the next. But it wasn't until Kavala came into his life that he started to think about it more often. Her life span was half of his, and the mere thought placed a knot in his chest. So little time they had, and so much to do.

His father had told him that he would know when he met the right one. That there would be a connection that he couldn't turn away from. That was how he and Riaris' mother came to be mated, and although Riaris thought that he felt this for Kavala, he wasn't completely sure. Or perhaps he was just nervously doubting himself.

The konti was like the finest silk, she was the freshest of fruits and had the most amazing of warmth. Drawn to her again and again, Riaris could only bask in her glow and enjoy everything about her, and all that she gave him. " Lord of Dreams and Nightmares?" he looked closer at the mark now, and back into her icy blue eyes. "You must tell me about this sometime. I would like to hear more." He massaged her flesh gently, admiring her body and all the secrets she kept inside. What an interesting woman she was, and never dull.

There was something special with her, something that words alone couldn't explain. When the Akalak talked about women, when they told their stories of the lives they had shared. It wasn't like this, it didn't compare to the simple moments that meant just as much as those in the throws of passion. Riaris' eyes had been opened, and he understood now what his parents had, and why every so often they'd have that special gleam in their eyes. It was love pure and simple.
The Akalak held the konti close, his kisses pecking as his tongue lapped across her flesh. His hands moved along her spine and up her neck to shuffle about her long hair. She joined them, and Riaris kissed her with hunger and passion. He needed her, wanted to be with her as much and as deeply as possible. He moved with her, against and inside her with a raw vigor and attention to her wishes. The Akalak wasn't as gentle this time, allowing his need to take her consume any ideas of gentleness.

Once they were done, he would be delighted in their continued relaxation on her private island, where for them time had simply stopped.
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (2)

A Sailors Life For Me!

Postby Kavala on November 12th, 2013, 6:36 pm

They made love slowly then roughly with fierceness then gentle closure. Kavala was breathless when they were both spent and she had her sweat slicked forehead rested against his own as he bowed his head over hers. Pale arms encased deep violet flesh, trapped within huge muscled arms that circled her as well. They breathed as one together as their heart rates slowly calmed and their bodies began to cool. Kavala turned her head slightly, to kiss first one of his cheeks, then the other. She had never felt so relaxed, so content, as she did in this man’s arms. They might as well been hundreds of miles away from everyone and everything that mattered in their old lives. But here, they were someone else, someone new, and someone that was a smaller part of a greater whole.

Kavala pulled away slightly and lifted her lips to brush his nose with a kiss. Her breasts were sore as they pulled away from where she was held against him. He had touched her roughly, but she had enjoyed it enormously. There was a contentedness to her body, a satisfied feeling, and one that definitely made her feel alive. Arms released him and stretched back, causing bones to pop in her back. She laughed slightly and then purred like a cat, sliding off of him and letting his flesh part from hers. Shifting on the lounger, she curled so she was in the warmth of the sun but stretched out beside him. Her head fell to his shoulder as she pulled him down beside her.

“Thank you.” She said softly, after a while, running her lips across his pectoral muscle and biting him gently there, possessively, and then licking the mark. Kavala rolled the taste of him around in her mouth and grinned, cat-like, as if he were made of cream. “I’ve never had a lover. I’ve had sexual partners, men that knew what to do with a woman, but I’ve never had this, ever. This is how it should be, I imagine. Because, honestly, it’s never been like this before. I thought I’d found love, but it wasn’t. He was Drykas and I was far too Konti. It was something else, something not as pure and not as necessary as breath. And I can’t imagine finding anyone who will ever make me feel the way I feel right now.” She said her voice serious but the words delivered in a soft sincere tone. Kavala grinned again, this time her smile etching across his skin because she couldn’t be bothered to lift her head. She knew she was being dramatic, but she didn’t care.

Her hand reached up and fisted in his braids, pulling them slowly loose. She even rolled to one side and propped up on an elbow to do so. Finger combing his liberated locks, she laughed and kept talking softly. Kavala wasn’t filling silence. Instead she seemed to be unburdening her conscious.

“I think about you a great deal. It’s only been days, but I can’t get you out of my mind. My pillow still smells like you, where you stayed the night. I won’t let anyone else use it and I won’t let anyone launder it. Am I crazy, Riaris?”
The Konti said softly, drawing her hand down his body to stroke upwards, tracing the line of his leg bones upwards and then tracing a circle around his belly button. Her soft satisfied eyes said more. They spoke to him of this togetherness and how she craved it. There were no words between lovers about this sort of thing. There was only a touch, a gaze, a sense of need and then the utter contentment when an equal and opposite was finally found.

She settled down again, yawning now, the sun making her lazy and the sound of the sea making her careless. Kavala rarely relaxed her guard these days. Not since she had been captured years ago and held prisoner. She wanted to tell Riaris about that time, to share with him what it was like and why he didn’t have to be so gentle with her. But she slowly stretched, lifted her eyes to watch his gaze and yawned again. Her arm stretched out across his chest and she smiled slightly. Her cheek rubbed his shoulder once more where it was not resting as if to find a better spot, and she slowly drifted off with her lips parted, as if she wanted to say something more to him.

But this was her place. This was her sanctuary from the daily workings of the world, where she could go to be herself and relax. And that’s all it took… a little loving and company she did not feel the need to be on guard against. His big warm body lulled her senses as well, giving her something to curl into as her fingers found random scars on his chest and stroked them. He could tell she was not deeply asleep, only cat-napping because her fingers wandered and her lips never relaxed from the smile she offered him. Gleaming iridescent scales and snow white skin was a sharp contrast against his deep rich coloration. White hair tangled against his darker locks as she whispered something in Pavi as she napped. The sun darkened her skin even as he watched, outlining and emphasizing the scars all over her body, etched into her skin with a blade so sharp it must not have had any other purpose than art. She would have bled from the cuts, for they were not shallow things once he got a closer look. They were indeed deeply embedded into her skin, running across her body everywhere there was not scales. Someone had deliberately cut her. They’d cut her across her stomach, up her arms, etched her breasts, and hadn’t even hesitated to run some sort of knife into the flesh of her inner thighs. They hadn’t left words or childish drawings in her skin. But instead there were patterns, all about the same age, as if she’d underwent some sort of ceremony of torture.

Kavala shifted, muttered something else, and resumed her nap, unaware of how visible the normally hard to notice lines were.
Please Note:
Kavala

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

A Sailors Life For Me!

Postby Riaris Dovukalis on December 27th, 2013, 7:00 am

Riaris laid spent with her in his arms, it was something special being with Kavala and the thought continued to swim inside his mind, and as it did he also started to feel as if he were swimming as well. Their bodies would slowly cool with the sheen of sweat that covered them. They were truly a sight to behold, a hunk of purple muscle snuggled close with a slender body of snow white flesh. Riaris smiled as she kissed his cheeks and waited his turn and planted a kiss upon her forehead followed by her nose. Kavala fulfilled him in ways that he had never felt before and this was much more of the soul than of anything physical.

When ever she moved, even a little, he felt a wisp of cool air flow over the parts of his body where she had laid against him for a time. He hugged her back as she kissed his nose and returned another kiss back to hers with a grin. He felt good, his body was active and his muscles had gotten a good workout albeit by a different form of exercise. Riaris chuckled as she did, the popping of her bones wasn't as funny to him, but Kavala made it seem more humorous and her smile was infectious. When she moved away, this time it was him who gave a pout and sigh. But he turned his body as well and moved to cuddle her, while still leaving most of her body free to catch Syna's rays.

"You don't have to thank me, you've given me so much more than I could have hoped for." he smiled and moved his fingers through her hair. She teasingly bit him and Riaris smiled at this also. She was something special, warm, and her kisses or even when her body rolled against his awoke him. Kavala was very good at keeping his blood pumping and at times he couldn't wipe the smile from his face. He learned over time that the Konti had more meaningful relationships than he had before her. Meaningful, or maybe there were just deeper emotions involved on her part. "I'm glad that I found you Kavala, I can say that for sure. And you should know that for me, this isn't a casual outing with a friend..it's something more. As I said before, I'm not seeing anyone else and I don't plan to."

Riaris wasn't a poet and it was harder for him to express his feelings in this manner because he wasn't used to feeling this way. It wasn't about sex, when she was gone he missed her, when she spoke her voice made him smile, and time with her was grand. He had never experienced this before and the words didn't just come to him as it would to her. "What are you up to?" he asked as she fisted his braid.

The Akalak settled in at this point and his body went limp. There were no words to describe the feeling one got when their hair was pulled loose after being braided for a while. It was a complete scalp massage and it felt, perhaps, the way a dog felt when someone scratched their fur in just the right place. Riairs uttered a deep groaning moan and breathed out, and he knew then what it felt like to visit a spa. There was a big smile on his face now and he completely relaxed while she talked. "No, you're not crazy, I haven't forgotten you since the day that we met and that's not something I can say happens often. You opened my eyes that day, and for that I say thank you." He reached his hand out, allowing the back of it to gently rub against her thigh before he turned his palm up and traced his fingers along her upper thigh and hip.

Riaris pulled her back close after she settled into his arms again and he rested along with her. The Akalak didn't fall asleep as fast, but he did close his eyes and rest his mind. The warmth from the sun came in at just the right angel to warm them without burning their skin. Riaris breathed in slowly as he allowed his mind to wander off. With Kavala pressed against him, he resumed his finger movements and caressed her skin as she slept. He felt something that caused his brow to arch even while his eyes were closed. Lines were etched into her flesh and they coursed all over her body. He was surprised that he hadn't noticed it until now, but there were many of these. Finally he opened his eyes and looked at her body.

The were cuts all over her, something that had been hidden from his view until now. He couldn't believe it. Kavala was so beautiful so sweet and kind. He couldn't imagine what beast would do this to her. He wanted to ask her, but did want to wake her. The story would be serious, of that he was sure,and their time together had been so amazing he didn't want to spoil it, and so he laid back down, pulled her closer into his arms and kissed her cheek. "Sleep well.."
Riaris Dovukalis
Prediction?......Pain

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (2)

A Sailors Life For Me!

Postby Translucent on January 13th, 2014, 7:40 pm

Congratulations On Your Hard Work!

Kavala:
XP:+5 sailing, +1 shielding, +3 intelligence, +5 seduction, +5 socialization, +1 organization, +2 leadership, +1 flirting,
Lores: Sailing: Left side of the boat is called port, Sailing: Cannot sail into the wind. Sailing: On a beat is the optimal place to sail, Sailing: Watch out for the Boom, Shoal Model: Used for Bays, sounds, harbors, and inland tidal waters. Sailing: Jib booom Supports main mast and top mast, Sailing: Steps to take when caught in a Lee storm

Riaris Dovukalis:

XP: +1 body building +5 observation, +5 socialization, +5 seduction, +4 sailing, +1 rhetoric
Lores: Sailing: Left side of the boat is called port, Sailing: Cannot sail into the wind, Sailing: On a beat is the optimal place to sail. Sailing: Watch out for the Boom, Kavala: Not just a fling, Kavala: Raised Drykas, Reverie Isle: Layout

Notes: I didn’t give Kavala +teaching for the first part of the thread sailing because she was learning at the same time as Riaris, rather than telling him knowledge that she already knew. I did give Kavala an extra sailing point for the very detailed and diagramed post.

As always PM me if you have issues.

Translucent
To be Translucent is to be Vulnerable.

Words: 187106
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2013, 12:59 am
Race: Staff account

Previous