Flashback Parting Gift (Ayatah)

Y'know what they say about "all good things"...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Parting Gift (Ayatah)

Postby Razkar on February 26th, 2013, 10:31 pm

The rush and roar of Taloba seemed to dull around them. Passerbys noticed them but did not intrude. Most if not all had done their service with the army, and many of that number would know the pain of goodbyes. Razkar saw shadows and shapes pass them by, but he didn't look their way. He had eyes only for her, felt only her heartbeat against his chest and the soft curls of her hair under his chin.

He didn't know how many chimes passed before she broke away from his grip and looked up. The words seemed to come gradually from her, but when they did, it was like a great dam had finally been released.

And he was awestruck.

”I love you. And I know we’ve said this before, but... I really mean it, Razkar. You mean a lot to me. And I am willing to throw everything I have into this. Because I do think we’re worth it. I believe that, if we give this all we can, when we’re as old as Quinneth…”

Razkar remembered when he was much younger, on a patrol for his clan, and a tiger even larger and fiercer than the one he and Ayatah had killed came for him. He remembered the paralyzing terror of its approach, lithe and vast and utterly deadly, how all he could do was sit there, wounded, and let it approach.

Insanely enough, that was how he felt when Ayatah's words spilled out in a rush. He stood stock-still, listening to every word, amazed with every fresh second that this depth of feeling was flowing towards him, even after all they had shared. Her words turned to the future, and her voice stalled...

”This won’t be just a memory. So… yeah…”

He felt... trapped. Terrified. So much was heaped on him that that moment outside the Barracks, and the fear of hurting her was chief among them. He couldn't bear the idea of screwing up so badly that tears would fall from her eyes and he would have caused it. So much at stake... so much to lose...

Time to be brave, boy. He told himself. He could feel a weight of history on them both now, and that future of regret he had feared before was looming ahead of him if he ruined this moment. Would he fall, after they had accomplished so much together? Would he lose her? You know what must be said, and what must be done after the words are spoken.

"I love you." He said finally, punctuating the simple phrase with a soft kiss. "I know not what the future holds. I have no vision, no prescience. But I know I love you. I wish to be with you, no matter where that road may take us."

He took her face in his hands as if trying to impress his words physically on her, eyes fixed on hers.

"I know we've said it to each other before, but it's all the truth I have for you. We just need to... I don't know, believe in one another. Take the time that we can get and find a balance between what we want-" he caressed her cheek with his thumb "-and what is demanded of us."

The Barracks loomed over them, as if to silently prove his point. He missed her again, and made it last, taking succor from the taste and feel of her lips and tongue. His hands roved into her hair and with a great deal of effort, he ended their final kiss.

"I love you, Aya. And I shall see you again."

He kissed her hand and felt the weapons and backpack weighing down his body even more. Razkar willed himself to look into her eyes one more time, and sought to stall her tears with a final wink.

"Until that day..."

He turned and walked away from her. He did not look back, for he knew that if he did, he might not be able to continue. And as he walked, he felt a new weight, at his back, on his waist, where he dagger rested. He patted it almost unconsciously, and smiled as the stone building swallowed him.

She will be there. As long as I have it. And even after that...

His fang was waiting for him, of course. Oxil and Zuran were sparring in a corner, working on their unarmed combat, though with sly Zuran, it was mostly more like brawling. A chorus of greeting met him as he was reunited with his battle-family, hands outstretched and short, masculine hugs given and received. Erama was the last one he saw, sitting at a table and sharpening her blades.

She looked up and something passed between them. She frowned minutely, as if seeing something... different. Intangible but powerful, palpable. She had seen it before, and blinked a few times in surprise.

A slow smile spread over her face, and Razkar could not help but return it. The female stood and they grasped hands like he and Bennik had done, smile turning into a knowing smirk as she did. His gear and pack thudded onto the table as he unburdened himself, knowing that training and routine would begin again with the next morning. But for now, he had time to reconnect, and Erama knew that he would have much to tell her...

"So... finally happened, did it?"

"Yes."
Razkar said. "Yes, it did."

OOCHalf-a-million words! Woo-hoo! ;)
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Parting Gift (Ayatah)

Postby Traverse on March 6th, 2013, 11:39 pm

...Must Come to an End

Ayatah :
Experience:
Flirting 3
Herbalism 3
Hunting 1
Longbow 2
Observation 5
Poison 1
Rhetoric 1
Socialization 5
Stealth 1
Storytelling 1

Lore:
Razkar: Difficult to be Mad at
Tiny Terror: A Deadly Plant
The Joys of Your Family
Sympathy for a Sloth
Damn, He's Jacked
That's my Man
Revealing Everything

Razkar :
Experience:
Flirting 2
Herbalism 3
Hunting 1
Observation 5
Philosophy 1
Shortbow 2
Socialization 5
Stealth 1
Storytelling 2

Lore:
Goddess She's Gorgeous
The Red Stone Tree: A Potent Poison for Animals
Ismae: A Tiny Terror
Bennik: A Jealous Father Figure
Quinneth: A Shrewd Elder
Paira: A Caring Mother
Tronx: A Fierce Little Warrior
The Approval of the Scattered Bones
Bonding with Bennik

Shared Lore:
The Beauty of the One You Love
Dancing Around a Simple Word
Really Appreciating that Tiger Pelt
The Story of the Hunt: Re-told
Fight the Break of Dawn..err Syna
Caught Red Handed
But What Lays Ahead?
Trying a Test of Love

Additional Notes :
Whew. Alright you guys gotta promise me if you do this again you'll split it into two four pagers, please?

Alright so, quite the conclusion. It was meandering and nice, a bit repetitive at times, but all you were doing was driving home the fact that they were separating indefinitely at the end of this thread, so I mean it wasn't unwarranted. I really liked the sloth and snake bit, as well as Quinneth and Paira, they were really cracking me up. A lot of this thread was social, but overall it was still a big XP netter so I hope you find your grades satisfactory, as always there was great writing, development, and you always keep it nice and tasteful. The doubt and second guessing was wonderful and Razkar even did some foreshadowing that sounded like the relationship ending, egad! Anyway, I am interested to see the vignettes that follow this epic tale of love and understanding between the two, so just sign me up for the next thread!

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it. As always, Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous