The Spot

A small tavern in the business of connecting employers with workers for odd jobs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Spot

Postby Abstract on March 20th, 2014, 9:45 pm

OOCI swear that job was taken Daegron, but I can find no record of it. Oh well XD

Daegron

"Kneecapper?" Bohir commented with a grunt, leafing through his book. He snorted as he read the description. "Not too legal," he mentioned quietly, and handed Daegron a slip of paper with small, scribbled words.

It quite simply explained that one of Ravok's small gangs was getting annoyed at a specific small shopkeeper. Said person hadn't been paying them enough money, and they wanted someone -other than their own- to go and deal with the guy. It was quite simple and straight forward, though Daegron would have to chat with the gang first, to confirm the job.

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

The Spot

Postby Daegron on March 29th, 2014, 3:32 am

Spring 10th, 514AV
noon

Once he entered the Spot, he realized how hungry he was and how desperately he needed a drink. Fixing his gaze on the saucy wench's curves passing right in front of him he laughed and walked to the bar, exhausted.

"I need a strong drink and something to eat" he said and once Bohir's attention was gained, he slipped him the note that gang leader gave him.
"The kneecapper is finished..."

He was badly bruised and his eyebrow was swollen. His hands were swollen around the knuckles and scratched. It was clear that he'd seen a good fight. But on his face a small sign of pride and triumph was painted.

_

The Art will twist you and turn you.
It will break you and tear you asunder; from your scattered remains it will shape you.
It will engulf you and spit you out.
It will fester in your mind, disfigure your body and blacken your soul.
And so on and so forth, through an endless chain of transformations till the time comes and you are everything...
Then you'll truly be nothing...

Daegron
Fleshcraft made Art

Words: 200831
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2014, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Spot

Postby Abstract on March 29th, 2014, 12:56 pm

Bohir was already pulling out a mug of ale for Daegron and a hunk of cheese, pushing them towards the battered looking man. However, when offered the note he took it, reading it over quickly. He then nodded, stowed it in his pocket, and pulled out a thin leather bag from under the counter.

"Your full 60 mizas, sir. And... the ale and cheese'll be one sliver and four copper." He gave a wry grin, holding out a hand expectantly.

OOCYou can add the 60 mizas to your ledger!

Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

The Spot

Postby Inoadar on March 29th, 2014, 11:04 pm

22nd of Spring, 514

Inoadar crossed the busy floor of The Spot to approach the bar. His steps faltered somewhat at the owner's scowl. But instead of regret, this time it inspired anger. 'When is Bohir going to drop this grudge?' he growled to himself. Alice had gotten herself caught up in something that could have had her sentenced to be hung. If anything, the pressure he and Valerius had put on her, stressful as it may have been, had possibly saved her life, as well as her family's status.

He met the barkeep's glare with one of his own. "Still sour on me, are you? Well fine." he slid the card across to the man, "Last Meal' is finished, in case you hadn't heard the rumors of that new cafe being closed."

Bohir's eyebrows rose slightly, but if anything, his scowl deepened. "I guess I should be glad I decided not to eat there."

The two men stared at each other a moment. Inoadar said, with complete seriousness, "If you had, it would only have been because it was your destiny to do so. Just like it was mine to rescue Alice and her family from committing treason. It would have been nothing personal between US."

He held the man's glare for a moment longer before turning away to take his usual pose with his back to the bar while he waited for the sound of a coin pouch hitting the bar behind him.

Once he heard the muffled plunk and tinkle of coins in a pouch he half turned and plopped a second job card down on the bar. With a noticeable measure of sarcasm, he explained, "I decided it would be terribly rude of me to make you endure my presence an additional time when it could be avoided. So, as a courtesy to you..." he sneered, "...I brought up the card for "Evidence Disposal" right now. I'd hate to have to ruin a second day for you."

He slapped the card on the bar for emphasis.

x
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Spot

Postby Abstract on April 1st, 2014, 5:26 pm

x

Bohir glared back at Inoadar, though he looked a little sympathetic at the complaint... He glanced down to hide his expression when the poisoner explained his request, glancing through his book. "Oh I heard them," he said sarcastically, just before another comment, before popping down below the counter, and coming back up with a back of gold. "All yours... all 80 gold." He plunked it unceremoniously before Inoadar, stepping back a little.

He scowled deeper when his customer tried to push the subject of their general disagreement, and demanded, "Anything else?" in a harsh tone. A pause, then "Oh." The book was opened and glanced through, until he found the card labeled 'Evidence Disposel'. "Here. Have fun."

OOCAdd 80gm to you ledger! And enjoy your new job :)
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

The Spot

Postby Hayl on June 24th, 2014, 5:44 am

22 day of Spring, 514

Hayl entered The Spot, a little hung over, but rubbing his eyes to wake up. It was already afternoon, but since Hayl decided to vent some frustrations out on his liver last night, he just woke up. He stumbled up to the bar and asked for some water while breathing heavy with his eyes fused shut. Finally he popped one open and looked at the job listings. His red eye scrolled over them before resting on one.
“Unsuitable boyfriend? Thirty, huh? What’s the story behind that one?” he said finally opening his other eye to focus on the man behind the bar.
CS

Never Underestimate the Power of Being Underestimated!
Hayl
Bad Thief

Words: 87560
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2011, 5:11 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Spot

Postby Dolce on July 2nd, 2014, 1:50 am

31st of Summer 514AV

Dolce had rechecked the board finding the job she and Vayl had spoken about. It's still here! A wave of relief washed over her along with excitement.

She made her way (ran) to the bar to speak to the man in charge, "Excuse me sir, but my master would like to take up the job of killing some wolves." She openly showed off her collar. "He thinks we should be able to take at least 3 down. So can we have it, sir?"
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Words: 32334
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2014, 3:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

The Spot

Postby Abstract on July 7th, 2014, 3:51 pm

Hayl

Bohir gave a small smile at the man's approach, before raising his eyebrows at the question. He set aside the glass he'd been cleaning with a cloth, before pulling up the big red book he used for the jobs.

"That one?" he said while he did this, frowning slightly. "Rich old guy had a daughter who he fawns over... pampers her and the like. Has high expectations, wants to marry her off... that deal. Well... she found herself her own boyfriend, and rumor has it that he's a Syliran." At the word, he spat on the floor in distaste. "He basically wants them split up... no harm done to the girl, of course." He paused, flipping through the book a few pages until he rested on one.

"You want it?"

Dolce

"Your master?" Bohir asked, glancing at the girl's collar. He nodded, before pulling something out of a large book. "What's his name? Otherwise, the job is yours." He handed a small slip of paper towards the Kelvic, before scribbling something down in the book. He paused, waiting for a response first.
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

The Spot

Postby Hayl on July 8th, 2014, 11:33 am

Hayl opened his eyes all the way. “How about that water?” he asked again then continued to pursue the interesting business indenture that he was inquiring about. “No harm to the girl… that’s it, no other obligations… to anyone? Then I’ll be happy to take this one off your list there.” He said with a smile. “Oh one more question. Who is this rich old guy… and how rich are we talking?” he asked with an obvious smirk.
CS

Never Underestimate the Power of Being Underestimated!
Hayl
Bad Thief

Words: 87560
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2011, 5:11 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Spot

Postby Dolce on July 13th, 2014, 6:39 pm

"Vayl, Master Vayl. That is my master's name and we will take out as many wolves as we can!" Dolce stood on tip toes trying to look bigger, more impressive in some way. But she wore her collar so to this person she could of been anything from a bear to a large cat.
Dolce
The Caged Bird Sings

Words: 32334
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2014, 3:32 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

PreviousNext