The Spot

A small tavern in the business of connecting employers with workers for odd jobs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Spot

Postby Kit Rowan on June 20th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Day 14, Season of Summer, 513 AV

The problem of freedom was solved. But with it came the problem of living. Kit found herself short on funds, and lacking her usual backup plans. She felt a child dangling over a ledge by a single thread, with rocks, roiling water and empty air beneath.

Focus reinforced her illusion, kept the overlay of a darker-skin girl with brown hair and distinctly different features clear as she walked into the Spot. Money was the issue. Kit would feel much safer with a bed a mizas to fall on in case she got caught off guard by some dark surprise. If what she'd heard was right the Spot was the place to go to find an opportunity.

It was crowded enough; a blessing. The barmaids had other people to pay attention to while Kit wandered off to the job board and ran her hand along the side. Some asked for a friendly sword, a warrior, a herbalist . . . scarce opportunities for a girl like her. She'd just about given up hope finding anything when she saw 'stunt double' and seized the paper.

Might be that they were looking for someone with an entirely different physical profile than her. Wasn't much she could do about that without tipping her hand as an illusionist. But for seventy gold it was well worth the try. Kit ripped it off the wall and wandered toward the bar, knocking her knuckles against the top of the counter and laying the job. "You got anything more on this?"

Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

The Spot

Postby Serenity Redbird on July 17th, 2013, 11:03 pm

Serenity makes her way through the crowds, keeping her cloke tight to her body and her hair in front of her face and her green eyes ahead of her. Serenity quickens her pace as she nears the door as she sees the men from earlier. She opens the door and slides into a place known as "The Spot".

Serenity slowly lets the cloak fall from her face as she looks around, her green eyes flash a bit as she takes in all the people and the boards with different drinks and food offers on them. She makes her way slowly over to the bar and takes a seat on the far right corner nibbling her lip as one of the bar "wenches" comes up to her.

The woman smelling of booze and something Serenity has never smelt before tried to give her a smile and asks "Greetings hun, what can I get you"

Feeling the bile in her stomach start to churn as the womans breath hits her face, but trying not to be rude Serenity replies in her quiet voice smiling weakly " A glass of tea and possibly some food please, and miss would you be so kind as to tell me where I have stumbled upon?"

The woman smiled again and says "You have stumbled upon the spot dear, this is a place folks go to eat, drink, and find jobs when neededlooky here" The woman hands Serenity a list of jobs in the area and says "Look that over if you want those are jobs offered around here, I will go get your food sweety". The woman turns and walks away as Serenity's eyes follow her to what she assumes to be the kitchen.

Serenity sighs softly and looks upon the paper the woman had handed her. As her eyes search the paper she stumbles upon a few offers that might be of intrest. She thinks to herself and waits for the woman to return she nibbles her lip thinking unaware of her nervous habits.

The woman returns a short while later with a glass of dark liquid and what looks to be meat of some sort and potatos. Serenity sits up a bit more as the woman sets her plate and glass down in front of her.

"Did you look it over sweety?" The woman says another smile painted across her face.

"Yes ma'am, but there seems to be no openings for a girl like me, I am not very skilled in anything."

"Oh hunny, dont fret there is always openings in here for who knows what. Feel free to hang around and see if something comes up."

With a smile and a nod Serenity meets the womans gaze and says softly " Thank you ma'am"

With a curt nod and a turn on her heel the woman was off. Serenity looks over the plate at the food and slowly starts eating, knowing in her mind that hopefully it will work out where she can get a job and a bondmate...maybe even love if she works hard enough.....
Serenity Redbird
Player

Words: 3595
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2013, 12:10 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

The Spot

Postby Verilian on July 18th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Amelia Cross

"Hmm, let me check and see."

Bohir pulled out his book, flipping through until he reached the page that had the job she was looking for on. As always, he seemed to know right where it was.. perhaps he had some trick for this? Or maybe he was just damn good at flipping through books. Either way, he opened it up and handed her the folded parchment that detailed the job.

"You know the drill. Amelia, right?"

Bohir jotted down the name, and assuming Amelia had no further questions or rejected the job for some reason, he would return to his usual work of tending the bar. There were other patrons already asking for his attention.

The Job :
Okay, this one is fairly simple. A person working at The Healing Hand is looking for a rare herb that grows along the northern bank of Lake Ravok. The herb is said to help with fever and pain. Feel free to make up most of the details, as usual, and if you have any questions, send me a PM.

Assilsa

Bohir gave the Symenestra a strange look, before finally accepting the letter and reading it over. After he was done he nodded and disappeared into the back room, returning a few chimes later with a small bulging sack which he dropped on the counter.

"One hundred gold mizas. You can count it if you like, but I assure you it is all there."

Assuming that she was satisfied, Bohir would return to his work. The mizas were indeed there, if Assilsa decided to count them, but there was no need. Bohir was reliable as ever, and he would not short change a customer.

Reward :
Reward:

100 Gold Mizas

Kyodaija

Bohir looked Kyo up and down. He was certainly big, at least. As for his martial prowess.. well, it really didn't matter to Bohir. The bartender withdrew his ledger, quickly opening it to the page that detailed the job. He handed Kyo a slip of paper before picking up his quill.

"Everything you need to know is there. I just need a name to put in my records."

The name didn't actually matter, and no matter what name Kyo gave, Inoadar would not question it. He could have called himself Lord Rhysol the 3rd and Bohir would have put it down. After they were done, the bartender closed the ledger and returned to his job.

Expenses: -5sm for the food and drink

The Job :
Okay, with this thread you get some creative freedom. A small group (3 npcs) of mercenaries are planning to rob a merchant wagon that is scheduled to be coming in carrying an assortment of furs. The thread can be a solo, or you can make it a group. For completing the job you will get the initial 100gm, which you must come back to this thread to request, but you main gain an additional award when I actually gain the thread, depending on what happens. You are free to kill the merchants, if you wish, or whatever else you can think of. Just be sure ot play within your skill level, and of course make sure you do it before they reach the trading post, otherwise the Ebonstryfe will step in and slaughter you all. Have fun!

Marxander

Bohir nodded, pulling out his ledger. As always he seemed to know exactly what page to turn to, but this time instead of handing her a slip of paper, he picked up his quill and began jotting something down.

"Marxander was the name, right? This job is a bit different. For each wolf you kill, you'll need to bring proof. Either the pelt, or a tail, or it's head, or something. You can show your proof to the Ebonstryfe at the Southern Trading Post, and they'll give you a token to bring back here to claim your reward. Simple enough, right?"

Assuming Marx had no further questions, Bohir flipped shut the ledger and went back to work. Unlike the job before, this one was open to all comers.

The Job :
Okay, so you have to hunt wolves in this thread. You are allowed to kill a max of 4 wolves per season, spread over as many threads as you like. Eventually this job will be taken down, once the wolves are thinned out, so take advantage of this while you can. You can turn in all four tokens at once, or one at a time, however you'd like to do that. As always, provide links to the threads.

Kit Rowan

Bohir took the paper and pulled out his ledger, quickly flipping to the proper page. Instead of immediately sliding Kit a paper and asking for her name, he began to read, his eyes constantly flicking back to Kit before reading some more. All the while he nodded to himself. Finally, he closed the book and slid Kit a slip of paper.

"You aren't exactly what they're looking for, but you're close enough. Just give me a name, and the job is yours."

The Job :
Okay, so Kit will be playing the roll of a stunt double in a small play. You have creative freedom here, but of course the play needs to make sense for Ravok. And the stunts can't be too ridiculous either, as we do not have that sort of technology in Mizahar. But beyond that, you can make up the play, and the stunt. If you make up an entire play (or enough of one) and I like it, I might even ask you if I can add it to the lore. Have Kit come back to the Spot when the play is finished to collect her reward.

Serenity Redbird

OOC: Serenity, if you want a job, you have to actually ask for one in your post. I won't make one up on the fly. The jobs posted in the first post of this thread are what is available. If there is nothing you like there, you can wait until I post more jobs. But you'll have to post again on a different date. Oh, and you need to timestamp any post you do in this thread. Right now your post has no timestamp on it, so please choose a day 1-91 during the summer for this post to be in. The new jobs will most likely not be available until fall, so your summer post will not count towards them. Jobs are limited here, and I purposely don't refill them until the end of the season.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

The Spot

Postby Amolina on July 20th, 2013, 12:56 pm

~ Amolina Moletta ~

Timestamp : 10th of Summer 513 AV

It was a few days after Amolina had done a quite secret intelligencer job and gathered information about someone as best she could. She had left a written report where she hoped it would be found by the right person.

Inexperienced as she was at intelligence, she wasn't sure her report had been so adequate, but had given it a try. Now she stepped in at The Spot and went over to the barkeep to check if she would be paid.

As she had suspected her employer - a big tattooed man - for being criminal she didn't have any high expectations on him paying for the job. Perhaps he would think she ought to be happy to just get away without being killed after she had finished the job and reported.

She didn't say anything aloud. She just showed the barkeep the slip of paper with the two words "Intelligencer needed" and then she waited silently. She would take what she would get, if anything.

Job: Intelligencer Needed :
Amolina
Player

Words: 327287
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Spot

Postby Kyodaija on August 3rd, 2013, 4:05 am

24th of Summer 513 AV

Kyo waltzed into the bar walking directly up to the bar no longer wearing his armor but looking slightly worse for wear with his bandaged up arm and head. Approaching the bartender he simply said "I have come to inform the Heissst is complete... I will take my pay now..."

The bartender made his way to the back and withdrew the sack of coins that looked to hold Kyo's reward money.

He walked off intending to make his way to the smithy, hopefully to get his armor banged back into shape.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Spot

Postby Kit Rowan on August 10th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Day 17, Season of Summer, 513 AV

Determined never to take another job in a play again, Kit stalked into the Spot, cutting through the crowd as best she was able, still holding up her illusory disguise as she marched up toward the counter. Her performance in the play surely hadn't been spectacular, but it wasn't as though they needed extras for that. She had expected . . . More art, and less preaching from Ravok's theater scene.

Kit should have known better. In Ravok Rhysol infested everything, like weevils in the grain. She didn't want to be part of that. Not again. But she would take their money for what she'd already done, no doubt about that.

"I'm under Shy Carsma," Kit said, giving the name she'd begun to use, just in case her former 'master' remembered the name she had so defiantly claimed as her own . . . for the first few days. "Job's done."

She wasn't too keen on conversation.

oocI took your advice from PM and picked a more appropriate job for theater work - in this case an extra - but considering that the job requires far less skill than something like a stunt double implies, if you decide that the listed reward of 75 gm is too high and want to reduce it I will understand.
Unless Otherwise Stated, Expect Kit To Have Already Disguised Herself With Illusionism As 'Shy' In Every Ravok Thread.
Kit Rowan
Acrobat, Sorceress, Rogue

Words: 433379
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2011, 11:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (2)

The Spot

Postby Amelia Cross on August 17th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Plants With Fur

[14th day of summer 513.a.v.]
[The Spot]
[Late evening]

Amelia stumbled into the Spot, late evening of the 14th date of summer. She had just recently returned from the lakeshore, and barely managed to hand the medical plants to her employer, if you could refer to her in that way.

Now, with yet another envelope that confirmed her job well done, she headed over to the bar and sat down "a job well done..." she said to the man as she pushed it over to his side of the bar.

The girl was too tiered to be bothered by another job, she would much rather take the gold she earned and head back home. Hopefully sleep for no less than a few days. And maybe then, in a few days, she would come back...Looking for more work to be done.
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The Spot

Postby Kyodaija on August 19th, 2013, 2:32 pm

53rd of Summer 513 A.V.

Pest Control

Kyo waltzed into the Spot looking for some more work. This place was not his usual dive, but he still paid the owner a respect by buying himself a mug of ale while he was there.

He walked up to the counter saying "A mug of ale would do nicely..." The old barkeep slid him down a mug, which Kyo snatched up leaving his coins on the table behind him as he turned to walk away toward the job board.

He noted that the mercenary work was all but drying up at the moment, making for very few prospects that interested Kyo. But one job in particular detailed something about some wolves in the area starting to overpopulate a bit. They were harassing travelers and locals alike, and simply needed to be dealt with.

Kyo snatched up the bulletin, not knowing the first thing about hunting he figured he would manage somehow to turn this into a worthwhile venture.

He placed the note on the bar in front of the barkeep saying "I'll being taking thisss one..."
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Spot

Postby Raynia on September 18th, 2013, 9:00 pm

Do you just, reply to join? Just randomly start...? I'm so sorry, I'm new and kinda weird with rules. I like having to post forms and wait to be accepted to join. XD
Raynia
Player

Words: 78
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2013, 8:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed

The Spot

Postby Abstract on December 10th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Amolina

Bohir took the slip of paper as Amolina approached, glancing at the title. "Alright then" he nodded, then moved away. He came back with a small bag, and missing the paper. He shook the small sack, and an audible jingle could be heard.

"Here ya go. All 70 mizas. Enjoy" He passed it back to Amolina, before concentrating on the next person that caught his attention.

Kit

OOCYour decision makes more sense... and yea, 70gm is a little much for that job :) Lowering it to 40, if you don't mind...

Bohir glanced up at Shy, nodding to her statement, before looking through his book. After going through a few pages, he found her name, and rested a finger on it. "Right... 40 mizas for you then." He fetched the money and passed it to her, letting the bag plop before her.

Amolina

Bohir had taken the plants after checking the job, and passed Amelia the money needed... all fourty mizas. He allowed her to find a spot and collapse, though was a little worried. Had finding a plant really been that hard? When she came to sit down, Alice Lark came to offer her a drink... just in case.

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

PreviousNext