[Edreina's Scrapbook] When All is Silent, I Still Hear Waves

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Arundel on November 28th, 2013, 2:35 am

We've had more mountain lion sightings here, and I'm rather pleased - even though I do have horses. I like to think the natural predators are making a bit of a bounce back in my area. Now, that isn't to say if I go out and find one in my horse pasture I'm not going to blow it's head off with a deer slug. Because I will. No one eats my babies! :mad:

Also Edre, if you need my assistance... I am getting a revolver for Christmas and I will gladly saddle up and march over there to sit out in your yard and shoot intruders. I know all about crazy exes. Mine hasn't contacted me since early this year (knock on wood), and the military whisked him away, but it was insane for a while. Stalking me around town and leaving me offers. Freak.

And I'll bring my guard dog along! He'll rip out a throat just as effectively as any cougar or bobcat! :angry: Vicious puppy that likes kitties. Not like as in yummy like. He herds them around the house and cuddles them. Ah, a gentle killer. :rolleyes:

But seriously... I got your back, yo.

P.S. to Uleru: I have been tempted on several occasions to try dating a girl. :paranoid: Seems like it would be a lot simpler than contending with a man who is under the delusion that women are complicated. PFFT. Actually, in middle school I was bullied for being bicurious because I thought I was in love with a girl who was one of my best friends. Still not sure if I wasn't or not. Oh well! I should just stick my tongue in a girl's mouth sometime and see what's it like, y'know? ... :lol: Lulz.

Arundel
Neigh!

Words: 118477
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2013, 8:12 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Edreina on November 29th, 2013, 6:42 am

Alright so Goss made a scrap about NaNo and Nail Polish and Black Friday and it kind of inspired me as I sit here trying to lengthen a few posts before posting them.

NaNo and I have a bit of a love hate relationship. On the bright side, everyone is up for plotty plots and lots of writing and giving me lots to work with in each post and- I could go on. I have noticed that I do my best writing late a night when I can just jam out on Pandora and let the words flow. Well, I often end up watching 90s action movies too, but who can blame me? They are so great. :(( Anyhow! It's a really great program and I'm glad Mizahar does it. I just wish I had more time to get it done! Ahhhh it shouldn't be this hard! XD

I may not be obsessed with nail polish (I have this horrible habit of picking mine off) but I am a complete eye shadow groupie. More than that, I love Vegan products and loose powder products. Loose powder products allow you to do so much more than palettes (color mixing, wet application, etc). And Vegan is just awesome because it has not been tested/made from animals and still is just as good as the rest. If you ever need help with what color to apply, what shape to use, etc, just let me know! If I can't do it for you, I'll find you a video instruction.

And now Black Friday.... Aaaahhhh Black Friday. Crowds and "Deals" and lots of wonderful mothers looking to slap things out of your hands so they can buy it for their own children. I hate Black Friday (Cyber Monday, whoot whoot!). One reason is that most of the deals are not as good as they lead you to believe. Check the prices two weeks before BF. They will be lower than a week before and then the prices they show you will be even higher than that. It's all mental. I went to buy speakers for my new(to me!) car about a week ago, wrote down the price and then two days ago, it had jumped $30. Guess what? BF the price will be $10 lower than the original.
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Edreina on November 30th, 2013, 7:52 am

I cannot accurately describe my hatred for Beautiful Creatures. It makes us in the South look like Bible-beating, Civil War-proliferaters. Is that a word? No? Damn.

Anyway. It's concepts of witchcraft are so... I cannot think of any word other than stupid.

I see why it was in the $3 bin at the grocer, now.

I see why my sister and her friends are so enamored.

Make it end!
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Edreina on November 30th, 2013, 11:19 am

If my math is right, I just slayed the NaNo beast! :D Huzzah!

If not, I'll probably shyke bricks later on and throw myself at more posts.

Thank you so much Ignotus for staying up late to help me. You're the best thread partner I could ask for. :)
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taylani on November 30th, 2013, 1:07 pm

I ran into the exact opposite in Nano Edreina. In my cities most of my RP partners were too busy trying to get Nano on their other characters, though one of my Rp partners had already hit 50,000 a week ago...might hav ebeen my fault since I write poor Fallan to death :P so this last week he had to work double time on his alt. But yay he got 50,000 on both characters :D The rest of the people I had threads with ignored their characters in favor of alts. So there wasn't as much plotty plotness for me though granted in Riverfall there were two nano beasts that Probably would have been able to kick start my Akalak if I wasn't having such a brain dead moment with him....stupid braindead moments.

I am super stoked for Sunday though, new season, new plotty-plotting people sharing the love between alts :D
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Arundel on November 30th, 2013, 1:31 pm

GURL... don't even get me started on Beautiful Creatures and Witchcraft. I could go for days! Already seeing cross-eyed. :retard:
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Edreina on December 2nd, 2013, 6:05 am

Ok. Itty bitty tiny baby rant/explanation time.

I will be very honest in saying that I prioritize threads. Now, before your knickers get all knotted, know that I am painfully busy about 90% of the time. I am in AP classes out the wazoo (Yes, my school actually takes them very seriously.), involved in 6 clubs and either the President or Founder of three, and I have a multitude of responsibilities around the house. My father is disabled and my mother works 12-14 hour days. I don't mean to excuse myself, only explain to you what is going on so when I don't reply right away or I reply out of order, you are not too miffed.

Quests are my first priority. This is because it is taking up a moderator's time and attention as well as that of other characters.

Current Plot-Threads are my second priority because plot for me usually means plot for others.

Flashback Plot-Threads are my third priority because they will have some sort of important impact in modern time.

Modern Meet and Greet threads fall after that.

Flashback Meet and Greets are last. I'm sorry, but if I just want to meet someone in the past for fun, it will be one of the last that I get to on one of those miracle days where I get caught up here and on Praetorian. Actually, now that I think about it, I might stop doing flashbacks that do not pertain to modern plots.

Ok. Now that I've mentioned that...

Did any of you see The Walking Dead tonight? I'm jst sitting here :(( and wondering what's next but gosh darnit February is so far away!!! I can't handle this.

Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Arundel on December 2nd, 2013, 2:55 pm

I think everyone prioritizes a little. I definitely do. As for the Walking Dead... I WATCHED IT YES AND I WAS FREAKING OUT THE WHOLE TIME. FFFF- :o Why do we have to wait until February to see what's next?!

Don't look back, Carl... Don't look back.
Arundel
Neigh!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taylani on December 2nd, 2013, 3:10 pm

Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on December 2nd, 2013, 3:20 pm

Two episodes back from the finale was my favorite episode ever.

Take a villain, turn them inside out, find them a sympathetic note.

Then they spent the next two episodes forgetting about it.

:( Unfortunate mid season finale, but not as bloody as I wanted it to be....I suppose the Roman in me cries out for more Colosseum death.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext