[Edreina's Scrapbook] When All is Silent, I Still Hear Waves

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Taylani on December 2nd, 2013, 3:26 pm

Wrenmae I was really disappointed in last weeks episode only because I had wanted the reform of the evil villain to "stick" :D
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Arundel on December 2nd, 2013, 3:26 pm

I made the mistake of thinking the Governor might have been a changed man. I was so confused and hopeful, then it all started to hit the fan again. Rick's speech in this last episode was so inspiration though, and Hershel looked so proud.

Arundel
Neigh!

Words: 118477
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2013, 8:12 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Taylani on December 2nd, 2013, 3:28 pm

Did you watch the Talking Dead afterward? I did leak a tear or too on that one!
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Arundel on December 2nd, 2013, 3:30 pm

Yes I watched! You could tell even the host was really bummed. It had an atmosphere of mourning.
Arundel
Neigh!

Words: 118477
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2013, 8:12 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on December 2nd, 2013, 10:04 pm

Poor Lauren Conrad (Maggie) had a hard time even getting on about the subject of her co-star leaving in the after show! On the bright side, Michonne got her revenge. Oh! And I have to say watching those two kidsKony 2013? come out with guns blazing to save the day? Maybe Carol did something right after all?

I agree though. Rick's speech going off what Hershel had been preaching all season was beautiful. Anyone else get a heart attack when that one walker started creeping up on Daryl?

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Wrenmae on December 2nd, 2013, 10:12 pm

Well. No one read this spoiler-ridden thread :P

I watched the Talking dead afterward looking for a VERY IMPORTANT 'In Memorium' and when I didn't see it, I'm pretty sure I figured out what happened.

*refuses to get specific...those who know what death I was looking for will know*

Anyways. There is no longer any moral center to the cast. The Governor had an unsatisfying sendoff.

And why did people CONTINUE to let that little girl play FOREVER away from any discernible help?

Sheesh.

The finale felt...incomplete. Like hurling things at a wall to see what sticks. Murdering folks, taking care of problems really fast, and then just leaving us all with 'Well, I guess there are...three or four groups now?"

So.

There's that.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taylani on December 2nd, 2013, 10:23 pm

lol Wren :P I did my part trying to not tell things!

That being said

And why did people CONTINUE to let that little girl play FOREVER away from any discernible help?

I know right?? The whole time she was staring at the zombie coming across the river I was thinking, ok the Governor said that the river was safe because they couldn't get across..but what is to stop them from coming from behind, down that slow, or down where they apparently drove in??? Why was she ontop of a vehicle where it would be forever to get to the little girl?

I suppose one could chalk it up to the fact that she has apparently lived for the year or so after the zombie started in a single apartment but it just seemed a little common sense to keep the little girl close.

I agree that the governor's ending was a little...meh thats all?? Especially all the hype they put it in. I would have much preferred if his revelations had stuck and he didn't go back to being all bad again.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Edreina on December 2nd, 2013, 11:14 pm

Alright. SCREW spoilers. XD I must vent. Ok... I'll hide it in a spoiler. Just because some girl on Twitter ruined the episode for me and I don't want anyone else to suffer the same.

The Walking Dead :
The ENTIRE time that girl was playing in the dirt I was sitting there with my eyes covered going, "Oh dear God... there's gonna be something buried... It's going to be in the dirt... OH MY GOSH STOP DIGGING IT'S GONNA- IT'S RIGHT THERE GET OUT! ABORT ABORT ABORT ABORT!

And then. :( No...

The Governor's death was just plain unsatisfying. I mean really. I wanted him to suffer as he was slowly eaten alive by a single zombie. It was so so nice to see another side of him, but it sort of went to prove that when it comes down to it, a human under stress will not change if their prior ways have been met with any kind of success.

Hershel, may he rest in peace, was the voice of reason for the group. Now what's going to happen? Hell! What's going to happen with the groups in general?

Was anyone else aggravated by how Carol was just kind of shunted away? I know it's not current, but I'm still miffed. I liked her. I didn't agree with her, but I liked her.

AND JUDITH! What the heck happened to her? D: It broke my heart to see Carl break. He's been so... I don't even know. I have a love-hate relationship with that kid.

Oh my gosh and those two lesbian women! :O I felt so bad. I mean, military-girl was being kind of blind and it was cool to see her get shot in the head but I felt bad for the concept of finding love in a hopeless place and... Ok yes. I'm a softie. Don't tell anyone!

Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sinoa on December 3rd, 2013, 12:54 pm

Secret :
the parenting seen in this show kills me, If I were in a zombie apocalypse I would have my kid like glued to me. That whole scene I was just like holly shit lady watch your kid, why is she on the ground and you're at a safe height? why did no one else stay behind in case shit went down? aggh 0__0

as much as I like bad characters turning good or vice versa, I feel the Governors course of action made sense. He wanted to change but he was afraid his past would catch up to him (those he cares about would die or they would find out what he's really like) so fear caused him to screw it all up.

I'm sad to see Hershel go but I'm almost completely certain that Carol will return, I think it was actually the oldest girl who killed those people and Carol covered for her (as horrible as it is to suspect a little girl of those things)

I also think that Judith might still be alive..or maybe I'm just hoping. As for the lesbian couple I didn't get attached to the one girl just because I knew she was going to die, the only relationship that works is Maggie and Glenn because their both main characters. If a love interest for a main character is introduced they are soooooo gonna die as soon as possible.

as much as I was freaking out at the chaos at the end I really like it, It means I have little idea what will happen next and I am always a fan of that.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext