Completed The Return Home II

[Fountain of Cascading Harmony] Ricky is in need of a friend or too to share with, who will convince him the news he's heard is good news?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Return Home II

Postby Ricky Maze on May 8th, 2013, 4:48 am

The Return Home II
Spring 87th, 513 AV; 14th Bell

Ricky sat at the fountain and watched the ripples in the water, the glitter of coins decorated the bottom that gave the surface a shiny look. He was deep in thought as several hours ago he had just arrived home, and the very thing he was most happy to see first came with a surprise. Telion was pregnant and the child was his, he knew and had no reason to deny because he finally remembered the night they spent together. The night Hannah instrumentally put them together anyway, Kelp Beer mixed with a bit of Love Dust she held onto made it happen, and like a thief in the nnight Hannah vanished without a trace. However her written words were the inspiration needed for Telion to send Ricky after her, all for the reason of belief Ricky loved her. Really though he wanted Telion, and that became clearer than crystal actually. During his days in Nyka a lot of thought and search brought self delving, and at last the truth became known to him just whem he needed it the most.

Though Hannah was the instrument behind it only one man pulled the strings, and because of him Ricky was now going to be something he was far unprepared for. 'Damn him! He's meddled in the city and petched up everyones life far too much. To think I actually help him out, and why I did it to begin with! What does he [i]want?!'[/i] His inner thoughts roared for answers, but he only had more questions than anything. Had Ignotus gotten what he wanted already? Or did he have something else big planned, something Ricky would likely regret being a part of.

His thoughts jumped around from Ignotus to Hannah and then to Telion, he felt his stomach flutter and his heart ache as he was lost. He needed someone to talk to, someone that could help him see the light in all of this. Someone that would convince him that he was overthinking things, that he was going to be fine and things would work out for the better.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Return Home II

Postby Ariann on May 8th, 2013, 6:26 am

"You look troubled." Came Ariann's voice from behind Ricky as she finally got the nerve to speak up. She had been standing behind him and a few paces back for a while now, too timid to interrupt the silence that seemed to surround Ricky. The strangely green and still-glowing eyes of the Charoda were fixed on Ricky, her head tilted off to the side in curiosity.

The last ten weeks had seen Ariann above water for the first time in her life and she had rapidly grown accustomed to life on land. Nevertheless, her fear of large animals still struck true on most occasions, but she had become less shy and progressed to an outgoing personality, but fear was constantly rooted in Ariann's mind, so she found herself cowering and letting her thoughts prevent action more so than ever.

Land-life had forced Ariann to take a strange change in apparel, and she now wore a simple cotton shirt that was three sizes too large and a pair of simple brown cotton pants that seemed to have been made for a guy. Her hair-fins where bound with seaweed still, but the binding had long since dried out. The skin on her gills seemed to be dry as well, since it had been an entire week since she'd been in water for an extended period of time.

Ariann blinked twice and canted her head to the other side as she continued to look at Ricky. "What has the wave-guard so quiet?" She asked him with a curious tone.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

The Return Home II

Postby Ricky Maze on May 8th, 2013, 7:23 am

'There's no other option, she'll have the babe as it's the right thing to do.' He told himself with a frown, it would be wrong to just terminate a pregnancy if it were possible. That baby was alive and growing inside of her, bearing the kind of weight the decision would give was one neither would handle. A voice cut into his thoughts like a razor, drawing his attention back to the world before him. Ariann had come along to greet him it seems but she gave a different greeting than a stranger or acquaintance even, she approached him like the friend she was and knew something ate away at his mind. She asked him the one question he expected to come, and yet his answer couldn't come out without without a couple of sighs.

"I just got home today, everythin' was suppose to be great, but then I..." Ricky felt the overwhelming emotion of fear and joy fill him all at once, a short gasp followed by a sigh came from him as a couple tears escaped from each eye. "I just learned, he twindled his thumbs nervously and still had trouble finding the will to speak, 'that I'm goin to be a father.' There was a momentary pause as he'd been only lookin at Ariann's feet, finally though he looked to her green eyes with a deep look of his own. She would see that deep in his blue eyes, he felt completely lost about this whole thing. "And I'm not ready for that kind o' responsibility..." He admitted before he leaned forward, he looked down to the stone floor as he rested his arms on his knees.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Return Home II

Postby Ariann on May 8th, 2013, 7:57 am

A look of delayed surprise crossed Ariann's face as her brow raised in slight shock, but was soon replaced with a look of confusion. "Ricky shouldn't be so sad... you know, mother always said..." She spoke quietly, resting a hand on top of Ricky's head and kneeling down on both knees in front of him to be at his height, smiling at him. "A tadpole would never grow up without a good father." She says with a nod, ruffling his hair slightly. "And there is this man I know who works as a wave guard... he's nice, sweet, intelligent and really really tall." She said with a smile and a direct nod of her head, "And he's a good father, too! Too kind to yell at his kids and too loud to ignore them." She giggled, standing and twirling about for a moment before stopping and steadying herself.

"And I am sure his tadpole will grow up just like Ricky." She offered a smiled, stepping forward and taking a seat on the side of the fountain. Her green eyes traveled from pebble to cobblestone along the ground as she kicked her feet slightly. "But... it makes me wonder how mothers affect tadpoles. I know that someone like me would never, ever ever make a tadpole, but it still makes me wonder..." She looks at Ricky, head tilted slightly forward, "Maybe time will tell. Maybe not. Maybe a big monster dog will come out and lick your tadpole right in the face!" She said, extending her arms upwards in exaggeration, "Oooor... maybe your tadpole doesn't get licked. Either way, Ricky is a big man and Ricky should act like it." She said with a stern nod, placing a webbed hand on his back and patting once before her hands retreated back to her lap.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

The Return Home II

Postby Ricky Maze on May 8th, 2013, 9:03 am

'A good father. How will I be a good father?!' If the thought were physically possible to beat him around, he'd be lying face down like he did in the dirt of Sunberth that day. He was no where near ready to be a father, how he would make a good father at that was something he failed to see. Ariann spoke of a guard she had met with all the same traits he seemed to possess, and when he glanced up at her he knew then and there she referred to him. Had to be anyway, unless she's spent some time with another guard. If he weren't so troubled then he'd might've chuckled at her compliments.

Next came the talk about the tadpole and Ricky assumed to what she was referring to as a dog. His thoughts were coming in and out as he thought about what Odis would be like right now, if he would be excited for Ricky or understand his master's fear. The thought of him being around when Ricky would have his child made him miss the dog terribly, but present reality called upon him to think upon the current situation. 'Man up she say's,' that amused him a bit, not enough to bring a smile unfortunately, 'easier to be said than to be done.' He looked up to her again as she rubbed his back for a moment, a silent sigh came from him before he spoke.

"I can't just "man up" to havin a kid Ariaan, there's more to it then that! Havin a kid requires responsibility, stability, important things that should be taken care o' before family matters come in. I hardly have any of that! I just bought a small room in an old building this season, and there ain't no way I can keep a family comfortable with it!" He stated with a deep intense fear in his eyes, even though he may have had a job as a guard he couldn't expect to buyout the building now that he had a child coming. There was more to the fear then that though. There was the residing fear that he wouldn't be able to keep the child happy, and the worry that should food shortages happen in Zeltiva the baby would end up going hungry. Generally his fear was all based on having the ability to raise a baby with the security he would provide, and whether he would be able to pull through with it or not. The fact Ricky had a child of his own on the way scared him enough, considering the timing of the entire thing. The affairs of love work in mysterious ways it seems, but for Ricky he knew exactly who he had to thank and blame at the same time.

'What if I do somethin wrong? What if I make a mistake or if I- Grr.' He clenched his fists as he felt a little angry, silently he cursed the name of that magician. He couldn't help but think ill of Ignotus as that Nuit had gone too far. Hannah he could forgive for what she did, but his bitter feelings about Ignotus led him to think not a good chance. He was still lost in the whole thing, the news and the idea he was having a kid, it all seemed to become a dream. A surreal dream he expected to wake up from, and yet he couldn't because he was already awake.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Return Home II

Postby Ariann on May 8th, 2013, 10:29 am

Despite the apparent harshness of Ricky's words, Ariann found it hard to do anything but simply smile at the man as he told her of the prerequisites to having a kid. "Ricky is responsible, though... and last I checked, two feet are stable enough." She said with a naive tone, one filled with happiness. "I suppose if Ricky wants, he can have the tadpole and mother stay at my house. The entire upstairs is dry and empty of peoples... would also be nice to have some company, too." She suggested with a shrug, her eyes beginning to wander around the area.

For a moment she simply sat there, unmoving besides the pendulum motion of her feet beneath her. Silence grew upon the two for a minute before Ariann spoke again. "I came to say thanks, Ricky." She said suddenly, shattering the tranquil silence that had woven strands around the pair. "Has been ten weeks since I came on land for the first time. I've had many experiences, both good and bad." She said, smiling fondly of the memory on her arrival onto land. "And I've learned many things. All thanks to Ricky." She said with a smile, looking at Ricky again.

She leaned over and rested her shoulder against his, the oversized shirt billowing up slightly before settling down again. "Would like to stay many more weeks longer, but I should be heading back. The air hurts my lungs, so dry and crisp, and the sun hurts my eyes, so bright and hot." She nuzzled against Ricky's shoulder again. "But I will always remember Ricky Wave-Guard and Leila monster-herder." She smiles, "Fate would smile upon us if we met again."

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

The Return Home II

Postby Leila on May 8th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Leila and Shaco had been walking along the streets of Zeltiva, arms heavy under the weight of her fliers, Shaco's leash wrapped around her arm. She was so close to opening her shop, so very close. All the building of it had been completed, the ground adjusted for growing, the interior nearly done. All that was left was a few finishing touches. At season change, she'd move out of her home, and into the new one connected to her shop. She still couldn't believe that it was all happening, that it was all real.

Looking around for a place to nail a flier, she heard her name from a familiar voice. She turned and saw the fish woman, and smiled. Ariann. She may have been mildly annoying when they'd first met, but she reminded her of Ricky. It was one of the last times she'd seen him, not sure where he'd disappeared to, worried something terrible may have happened to him. It had kept her up several nights, holding Shaco close to her, rubbing his fur, tears flowing gently. "Leila Monster-Herder, never heard that one befo--- RICKY?!"

She hadn't seen the Wave Guard sitting there before, but there he was, shoulders slumped, face worn and tired, upon the fountain. So many emotions were rushing through her. At first, she was surprised and relieved to see him. She could do nothing but smile goofily at him, until the tears came. She hadn't seen or heard from him, or anything about him for most of the season, not even so much as a rumor. He'd disappeared without a trace. "Where..." Lip quivering, tears sliding down her cheeks, a look of disapproval on her brow, "Where have you been...? Last time I saw you, was with the terrible woman at the docks. I thought... I worried so much..." She stumbled toward him, pulling him into a tight hug, wrapping her arms around his neck tightly, crying quietly into his shoulder, so happy he hadn't died. "I'm so glad you're okay."
I'm accepting threads only for Summer 513 AV or Flashbacks with Leila. If you'd like to thread, PM me with a date and a basic idea of what you'd like to do! Thanks!
Leila
Player

Words: 173018
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Return Home II

Postby Ricky Maze on May 8th, 2013, 6:06 pm

As he listened to Ariann a chuckle actually came on its own, he couldn't believe that someone who came to be quite naive and yet somehow managed to make sense. He had forgotten what it felt like to think like that when was younger, keeping everything simple and handling it all naturally. This was something bigger then that though, something far to big to treat as "simple" compared to before. "Ye're... ye're welcome." He said as he glanced back to her, it comforted him to know that he had been a positive influence in someone elses life. "I'm pretty sure ye'll come back and visit-"

A voice nearly cried out his name in surprise, and when he turned to look it was Leila. She had looked excited to finally see him again, and then before he had time to explain she looked as though she were about to cry. She did so when she wrapped her arms around his neck, and as she explained her worst fears about him he patted and rubbed her on the back. He had forgotten about the day he confronted the believed assassin that decided to watch the sunset, and even after that day ended Ricky hardly had time to let his friends know what was going on. "I'm sorry lass for makin ya worry so much." He spoke to her with soothing words, and hoped she could forgive him for his sudden disappearence.

"I hardly had time to tell anyone what was goin on, before I knew it I was on the boat for Nyka to bring a friend home. I'm back now though and I can promise ya, I ain't gonna be leavin Zeltiva again for a while now." He assured her with a loose smile, hopeful that it would cheer her up. He was right about one thing though, he wouldn't be traveling anywhere again for a long time. Due to the fact he was having a kid now, that would mean double the amount of security he would bring. Ricky always protected those that mattered to him most, and a child of his own along with the mother would be his top priority. "I've actually... received news today when I arrived." The reality had sunken in, yet why was it still so hard to share with the world. "I'm gonna be a father." He said to her, the slight smile built up before it had died, a tear escaped from his right eye. He was overjoyed but the worry he felt evenly.matched that emotion, and thus he was still at a loss at how to react.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Return Home II

Postby Ariann on May 13th, 2013, 1:42 am

Ariann watched as Leila cried and leapt onto Ricky, wrapping her arms around him as if he had just died and risen from the grave. Ariann sat back or a moment and then stood, clasping her hands in front of her to wait for the sorrowful reunion to end. She sighed as she stood and tried to fade into the background with a slight frown. She had nothing worth saying and nothing that she could say that would do her any good. If she were to say anything about her leaving, it would bring more sorrow to Ricky, and yet it would cheer Leila up, since Ariann had figured out that Leila still held negtative feelings toward her.

Leila seems so saddened by Ricky's return. The emotion confuses me... Ariann thought to herself with a frown, tilting her head off to the side. Leila must really like Ricky... I should let them be alone together. Ariann closed her eyes and let out another sigh as she turned on her heel and began to slowly walk away, trying not to draw too much attention to herself. She would soon find herself in the shadow of one of the buildings, a strange mixture of guilt and longing stirring up inside of her as she watched Leila and Ricky embrace.

Ricky and Leila are close... It saddens me to know that I will never get to be so close to another like that... Ariann's green eyes turned from the pair as she turned away from them, ready to walk away from the scene.

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

The Return Home II

Postby Leila on May 13th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Five little words stunned Leila, and she just barely managed to keep herself from gasping. She held herself against his neck, not wanting him to see the look on her face, for she wasn't even sure what it would show. It had always been good news when someone was going to have a child, but she couldn't find herself to be completely happy for him. And she hated that about herself, and she hated Ricky for it too. She felt physically ill, she didn't even know Ricky was with a woman. He'd never once mentioned it, and they'd been around each other more than enough times for him to have had the chance. Was he the kind of man that could just go from woman to woman without a second thought? She hadn't thought he was that, but this... this feeling was clouding her judgment.

But she couldn't let him see her like this, no matter what sort of man he might be. So she did what she always did when her mother upset her. She put on a mask. Her face quickly rearranged into an ecstatic smile, she wiped the last of her tears on his shoulder, and she thought of a memory of her father, one that would make her happy. You could fake the facial features, but without a truly happy memory, the eyes always lied. She thought back to when he'd first taken her to the docks, to see the ships come and go. He'd point at every ship, tell her the type it was, where it was from or going. They'd spent the entire day there, and was one of the few days where her mother hadn't tainted it with her presence. She pulled back and looked at Ricky while holding onto that thought, refusing to let the current situation come forth.

"Wow that's great news Ricky, I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you'll make a great father and husband."

Leila hadn't realized the implication of her suggesting him to be a husband to someone, as she'd just assumed that was what had happened. After all, in her innocent little world, that was the way it was done. And while outwardly she seemed to be taking the news well, inwardly she was devastated. She'd thought they had something there, something more than just a friendship, but clearly that was a one-sided thought. Leila turned, so as to not be any more rude to Ariann than she had already, albeit accidentally. She saw the fishy woman skulking off into a shadow, and gently walked after her. She stepped into the shadow with her, grabbed her hand, "It is lovely to see you again Ariann, I hope you are doing well here? I haven't seen you in a long while. Don't leave because... because..."

The auburn haired woman's lip started quivering, she'd wanted to say 'because of me,' but couldn't quite get it out. In a few sputters, Leila was in tears once more, her free arm rising up to shield her eyes from sight. She turned and began heading east down the road, forgetting the Charoda woman and the Wave Guard man. She let the tears flow freely, clutching at her fliers with both arms to her chest. She barely even knew Ricky, why should she feel like this? He could do what he wanted, he never had to do anything 'because' of her, and that was the way it should be. In theory. But it wasn't what she wanted. Feet pattering along the stones, she hurriedly walked away from the source of her pain, tears staining some of her fliers, as she went eastward, away from her home, her shop-to-be, not caring where the night took her.
I'm accepting threads only for Summer 513 AV or Flashbacks with Leila. If you'd like to thread, PM me with a date and a basic idea of what you'd like to do! Thanks!
Leila
Player

Words: 173018
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next