Location The Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The Employment Office

Postby Sekai on September 17th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Garbage disposal? What does garbage disposal have to do with voi-...oh, voiding the garbage. Well, at least I can practice voiding while earning a living!, Sekai's decision over the job. "Yes, I can do so. Who should I talk too? Or do I just start throwing things out the portal?", Sekai asked, titling her head slightly to the right.
Sekai
Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Words: 48382
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2013, 1:57 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Employment Office

Postby Ireth Telemnar on September 17th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Morning of Fall 51, 513 A.V.

Ireth had spent a good chunk of the morning looking for this Office. Being a street musician in Ravok wasn't really something that someone had to apply to be, but Ireth was still largely unfamiliar with the workings of Nyka. She needed to make a bit of money, and to have something to do, at least until she found her aunt and could make the trip home.Better safe than sorry.

Standing in line for a good while, Ireth let her thoughts wander. When the time comes, I want to go home, to my Ravok. But leaving Nyka means leaving Savio...

Eventually she reached the counter. With a big smile, Ireth set her flute upon the counter. "Good day. My name is Ireth, and... I am in need of proper employment. I am a street performer in... my city, singing and playing my flute. But I wasn't sure if that was acceptable here. Might you help me?"

x
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

The Employment Office

Postby Erosynielissave on September 18th, 2013, 9:28 pm

With a reluctant sigh, Save` submitted.

"Fine...I will accept the job asss courier."

Erosynielissave
Stop shoving your word fork into my eye brain

Words: 45003
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 10:52 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Employment Office

Postby Abstract on September 20th, 2013, 12:40 am

Save

The woman nodded. "Good" she stated simply, seemingly glad that the discussion was over. "You'll start tomorrow... come to the Delivery Bureau at 7 bells and tell them who you are. They'll know you're coming and set you to work"

Ireth

The man gave Ireth a critical look, even cocking his head slightly. "You could try being a street preformer again, there's nothing stopping you. But if you wanted to do something else... maybe be a courier? Or... actually, you might fit for working in the orchards. Climbing trees, trimming branches, picking fruit and the like. Your choice!" While he said this, he took several notes on a sheet of paper.

Sekai

The Eypharian answered Sekai's questions simply. "You'll be working for the city... here..." he pointed to an address on his sheet. "You'll start there at 8 bells tomorrow. A monk will set you to work. Have fun!" His explanation done, he shooed the voider out and called up the next Nykan.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

The Employment Office

Postby Ireth Telemnar on September 21st, 2013, 8:17 pm

A sigh of relief flew from Ireth's lips. To work at something other than her music had almost seemed like a bad dream.

"Oh no, no thank you. I'm quite happy to continue on making my music. I'll remain a performer, if it's not too much trouble. I simply was unsure what might be the rules of this city pertaining to the making of music on the streets."

x
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

The Employment Office

Postby Abstract on September 22nd, 2013, 12:21 pm

Ireth

"Well, since it's a freelance job, I can't really help you there. Enjoy yourself!" The monk then waved Ireth out of the office and called up the next customer.

Job Info :
Ok! The basic income for your job would be 4gm/ day... but with competent flute playing it's 6gm! Enjoy!
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

The Employment Office

Postby Erosynielissave on September 30th, 2013, 12:53 am

Save wordlessly nodded and turned to leave. She hated this place and was eager to leave and start her job the following morning. She left the office cursing the monks silently.
Erosynielissave
Stop shoving your word fork into my eye brain

Words: 45003
Joined roleplay: August 23rd, 2013, 10:52 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Employment Office

Postby Toan Onox on October 9th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Fall 42nd 513 AV, 15th Bell

There was no mistaking that this building was indeed the Employment Offices he sought out, Toan had spent practically a bell trying to find it's location until at last someone pointed him in the right direction. He had much to learn about this place indeed if he intended to live here for long, if he intended to actually live at all now that he thought more about it. With the four banners before him and the hung sign that labelled the stone building with its purpose a beacon of opportunity, Toan entered the Offices with confidence even if he held the weary look of a traveler. Packed as the city itself the room seemed to hold shared air by the chime with the busy schedule that kept it going, the office full of people that waited their turn in the attempt of employment. Toan merely stood in line of one of the four desks as he would wait patiently, the line only so mildly stretched before him as he waited with crossed arms.

He was tired and ready for sleep, first a bath then a long nights rest sounded like an appropriate plan of action. He'd failed to gather much bells of rest during his trip, what with the excessive rain and paranoia that a foul creature lurked in the darkness. Eventually he came next to be at the desk where the monk would assist him in his search for employment, Toan could only hope that he would find a job relative to his personal goals in the long run. "Good day to you, I come here hoping to seek a job as we all do." He humored the man with glasses with a present grin. "I actually hoped there might be an acting or performance troupe I might join, if there isn't such a thing then I can appreciatively take another job." He spoke with a bit of a merry tone of voice, to keep the mood light as he waited to hear what opportunity may yet hold.
"Toan's words" Toan's thoughts "Ven's words" Ven's thoughts "Other's words"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Scrapbook - Image Edits - Updates - Vlogs
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox
"I play the leading man."

Words: 109863
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Employment Office

Postby Abstract on October 10th, 2013, 3:12 pm

Toan

The monk frowned at the request, scratching his head in thought. "Nothing I know of." he finally decided, his answer blunt. "But for other work, you could work in the mines, the docks, the farms... those always need new people. As a groom, if you really want to. Maybe a courier, or... a clerk? The hall of the robes needs one of those. Other than that, you could try just making your own living, but I'm not to sure how that'll turn out..." The man shrugged, not really caring too much. "Oh, and your name?" he asked, pulling out a sheet of parchment from a pile.
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

The Employment Office

Postby Toan Onox on October 10th, 2013, 7:17 pm

"Hmm, as I thought." Toan's disappointment was withheld as he pondered on his next of options, a stroke at the hair on his chin followed as he paid close attention to the jobs that seemed available. Out of all of them he honestly hadn't any idea on what his capabilities allowed, save for the mention of a courier for the city of course. Working to earn his own living would likely be a challenge he would rather be more in practice for considering he had much to consider, a reputation yet to be made plus appearances must be considered first hand before he did anything to his hidden craft after all.

"Hm? Oh, my name is Toan Onox good sir." He spoke with a bit of enthusiasm as he eased into the seat just a little, fingertips brought together as he held a casual smile before the man. Whether he used a name or alias would've made much more of a difference, because quite literally he was putting himself in a spot that required the building of a reputation; and Toan would rather start off with a good one before any other plans were initiated. "I believe I've the appropriate skills for a Courier, plus the job would prove beneficial in learning the city quicker." He mused with oceanic eyes to the man at the desk, intrigue lit in his expression as he waited for an answer.
"Toan's words" Toan's thoughts "Ven's words" Ven's thoughts "Other's words"

Ricky - Byron
Journal - Plotnotes
Scrapbook - Image Edits - Updates - Vlogs
10-14-14 Update: Toan will be sent to Sunberth after his significant events in Nyka have been wrapped up!
Toan Onox
"I play the leading man."

Words: 109863
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2011, 3:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext