Open [Temple of All Gods]Swearing Fealty

Ball is swearing fealty to the Knights

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Temple of All Gods]Swearing Fealty

Postby Ball on August 22nd, 2013, 3:28 pm

27th of Summer 513AV

Ball knew little to nothing about the gods and goddesses that roam the lands with mortals. Petch, Ball knew little about religion as it was. He recalled Blue Pycon talking of Yahal, Tyveth, and Sylir… He knew the name Sylir and heard of the Windoak supposedly they were one in the same. Ball didn’t know nor did he care at this moment. Right now he found himself standing in the entrance of the massive Temple of All Gods, the name of the building frightened the small clay being to his core, but he was a squire! And as a squire he had to face his fears and expel the.

Leaving his dog, Imass, at the base of the steps before the temple it’s poor back laden with the belongings of its owner. Ball had to do this alone. Liege Lord, I do this in your honour. As my sacred Duty and Honour to you, I go before the gods and swear my fealty to the Knights. Ball had known the words a long time, he had trained and trained, thought about his former Patron Knight, swore he would see the end of this dangerous and insane journey he had embarked on with the aide and guidance of the blue giant.

The doors remained open, Ball turned slightly to look through their massive opening, seeing his small mount and faithful companion sitting there, being utterly lazy and looking bored. Ball didn’t blame him; the poor dog was always getting the crap end of the stick. I shall treat him out soon enough. Ball told himself as he turned back around, finding a pew that was empty and close enough to the door to make dash for it if the need showed itself.

Ball nestled himself behind the leg, hidden underneath the pew, his mouth sealed itself shut except for a small thin line that graced his façade. Oh gods, how do I start? The pycon wasn’t entirely sure how to begin.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on August 29th, 2013, 3:40 pm

It was with careful steps that Fallon hovered around the entrance of the temple. Tired feet had drawn her here this day, her mind seeking a temporary solace from training. Besides it would do her good to have a brief moment of reflection and give her time to remember the faith of the knights. However, her plan was brought to a brief stop when she laid eyes upon the long, shaggy haired dog that was sat in the doorway. The squire straightened, eyes looking down upon the creature that was bearing the equipment. Lips pursed, a creeping confusion forming in her face.

Why is there a dog here? Why has… why in Eyris’ name does it have a saddle on it? She gave a slight lean forwards, brow knitting as she gave it a scrutinizing look, How very odd.

Hands rested in her pockets, and she shook her head as she walked in. The temple itself was quiet, her eyes focusing on the front as she did. She let the calm take over her, the mind stretch to the thoughts of the divine. Her eyes turned to their sigils, her brow knitting as she thought to herself. There was murmur of words, her hands coming together and clasping behind her back, the shoulders rolling and settling in place.

“For the wisdom I give thanks to Eyris. For the truth I give thanks to Tyveth. For the faith I give thanks to Yahal,” She inhaled, pausing at the end and then turning towards a pew to sit on, “And for Peace I thank Sylir.”
There was a slight off tone with her last piece. He was a dead god after all; it felt a bit odd to thank him. Fingers rubbed at her brow, it was said now she would receive funny looks about it later. Once comfortable the squire continued to stare on ahead, her feet planted firmly on the ground with her hands upon her lap.

Right… where do I begin…? she licked her lips, and creased her brow with thought, Gods, you know I’m no good at praying and what not.

FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Noaru on August 29th, 2013, 11:40 pm

“ I have never seen a place like this before.”

Noaru stared through the temples opened doors, admiring the beauty of the stained glass windows. He had seen a temple before, one in Ravok that gave off an ominous feel and made him feel as though he would be devoured by utter darkness. That place repelled his very being and yet called to the deepest evil within his soul... the temple of the black sun. Noaru materializes in front of the temples door, as beams of light shine down on his incomplete form. A white silhouette takes shape within the light, it vaguely resembling a human-being.

A young man stood within the doorway with a flowing white robe; he looks to his right and smiles at the little canine with a saddle on his back. The little stallion tilts his head to the side as Noaru levitates into the temple. Inside the temple, Noaru is enveloped by enchanting rays of light and the peaceful atmosphere. He could hear the silent barely audible prayers of the people around him; he passes his left hand over a few pews before stopping in the middle of the temple. The spirit hoped his presence wouldn't disturb those around him, as he tries to immerse himself in the uniqueness of the temple.

“ This place reminds me of the still waters within a lake.”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on September 3rd, 2013, 1:24 pm

Ball had listened to the larger Pycon’s words, she spoke of faith, truth, and justice. Liege Lord? No, it wasn’t his faithful liege lord, the giant was too small and not blue… Her boots were resting on the ground before him, it would be a simple task but to show himself and it might prove to be a worthwhile attempt to do so. So Ball did just that, poking his round head out from between Fallon’s feet he waved up at her, the line on his face showed no clue as to how he felt. Holy shyke she looks angry… Don’t hide. Don’t run. Liege Lord wouldn’t run.

A pause before he pulled himself out from beneath the pew and stood there looking up at her, his eyeless face angled upwards. That was when he heard the sudden yelp and the barking of is dog in regards to the bright light that Ball could just barely glimpse shimmering slightly over Fallon’s shoulder. The dog wouldn’t stop barking, a natural instinct for the dog’s breed and Ball’s mouth frowned. Using Fallon as a ladder without asking he climbed her leg and then quickly climbed her torso and chest before hopping on to the back of the pew, staring outwardly towards his mount.

A bubbling clicking noise emerged from the pycon and the dog ceased to bark, even though the occasional yip and grow rolled from its furry snout. Mouthy bugger. That was when Ball seen the being that startled his mount. A completely white fellow wearing robes. The clothes and appearance didn’t seem odd to Ball, it was the floating of the white large pycon that unnerved the squired pycon. Sylir, give me strength… Was the only thing Ball had managed to come up with in his mental processing.

Sylir… Give me strength… At the right Ball was thinking it he may well turn it into a mantra of his own.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on September 3rd, 2013, 3:07 pm

Fallon flinched to say the least at the presence of the clay being. Though, it was not out of actual surprise to see the substance move, she knew what a pycon was. It was just that it seemed to appear right out of nowhere that caught her off guard. Jaw tensed, her lips coming together to form a firm line as she tried to think of what to exactly say. Almost sheepishly she raised her hand to wave, a brief flash of confusion as to what to exactly do.

“Hello there… little one?” She questioned almost herself for a moment. Or at least until the distinctive loud barking caused her head to turn to the dog at the entrance. Eyes turned, clothing was tugged and pulled as the pycon quickly scaled its way up and across her. There was no time to protest, and before she knew it the little clay being had sat himself onto the back of the pew to seemingly stare at the dog.

It’s so tiny! So small! Smaller than the other one! So… so… Smoothing out her shirt, the squire watch the being command the dog from afar, the strange bubbling hiss cracking on occasion, Right… so it’s a mount dog. That makes perfect sense.

Eyes turned, staring and fixed upon the ethereal being that hovered there. Her back straightened, brow knitting together as she tried to think on what to exactly it was. Legs were forced to stand, her fist clenching slightly. The man robed in white – if it was even a man – drifting slowly through the temple, looking with both curiosity and interest at the things about him. Forcing her legs to move, the squire gave a swallow and stepped out from the row of pews and into the centre path that lead through.

Back straightening, she gave a nod to the man, her fingers resting on the smooth wood of the seat. Fallon cleared her throat and forced her eyes to fix upon the white, “Can I help you? Seems you caused a bit of noise coming in, that is all.”

Breathe. Remember to breathe. Take it one step at a time. Breathe. Nice and slow.

FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Noaru on September 4th, 2013, 7:51 pm

“ Ah. The little one was disturbed by my presence after all. The beasts have changed in my absence those hundreds of years as well. No. I don't seek help but I'd like to know the name of this place.”

Noaru looked at the human but then notices a tiny figure standing on a pew... a pycon. The spirit was not familiar with them but he knew one when he saw one. Noaru brought his attention back to the temple while maintaining some focus on Ball and Fallon. He didn't want his actions to seem rude but this was simply due to the fact that this place mesmerized him in a way that was strange.

There was this odd peace in this place. A peace beyond his understanding, he could sense it, as though someone was putting their arms around him. Noaru believed he had found the place he was looking for but he wasn't certain; something within him wanted to keep searching for the place of solace. Noaru, within him was an internal conflict, four sides searching for what he was after but each sought for something more.

Power, hate, completion and home...

“ I'am not here to cause anyone harm. I was drawn to this place and answered its call.”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on September 5th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Ball couldn’t answer the ghost’s question, he didn’t know the name of the place himself. Not surprising really for the diminutive pycon. Looking back at Fallon he nodded a hello, “I. Ball.” A small wave of a stubby arm followed and then with the same arm pointed out the door at his mount, “Da.At.Ta.Eye.Mas.Sa.” [‘That Imass.’] If he had eyes, this would be when he would blink, yet he didn’t so his mouth sort of quivered in place of them before settling into a sort of scowl, even though it wasn’t a scowl at all.

Ball had left his sword and Thorn outside of the large building, there wasn’t going to be any bloodshed here, this he had a good feeling of. Turning back to the front of the Temple Ball planted his backside to the pew and had gone basically statue still, yet occasionally Fallon could hear him breathing and his mouth releasing burbling bubbles of air.

Sylir. I am new to this whole journey I am embarking in Your name. I swear my blade, my lance, my body, my mount, and my whole being to Your Cause. I have been honored by a knight in Your Grace and have sworn to him as a brother and a friend that I would see myself through this. I fear I cannot do it without Your aid.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on September 9th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Fallon gave a long, hard stare.

Eyes narrowed, her brow knitted with thought. What had brought such a creature to such a place? Curiosity? A calling? What sort of calling? Lips pursed, she rocked on her heels whilst her eyes continued to analyse and await for an answer. There was a swallow, and her eyes drifted to the pycon and the strange, clicking words. It took a few chimes to work out exactly what had been said, lips moving and repeating his words until she was certain on what had been said. She gave a nod the ghost, watching the strange appiration carefully, before returning a name to the pycon, “I am Fallon.”

There was a small bow to the spirit, before with care she slid her way back into the pew and sat herself down next to the pycon. If no harm was meant, then there would be little need to keep an eye on the ghost. Hunching forwards Fallon laced her fingers together, a deep inhaling breath as she focused on clearing her mind from trivialities and worries. She made herself focus on finding a sense of peace, before allowing herself to pray. If it could even be called that.

She took a moment to reflect what had passed by, and what could potentially come to be. Training in the heat of the summer, to working away during the midnight hours. To understand the blade, to become keen and know how to use it. To have patience and understand the principles of courage and bravery. Something she knew she was lacking at present, but soon it would come forth. Soon she would be able to find the heart to stand up not only for herself, but also for others. Nostrils flared as she inhaled, and she gave a firm nod.

Yes, all in good time.

“Who do you pray to… Ball?”

FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Noaru on September 11th, 2013, 3:23 pm

“ Fallon and Ball huh?”

Noaru eavesdropped on the short conversation and learned two names. He felt as though his presence would disturb Fallon and Ball's conversation, so he left. The spirit levitated to the very front of the temple and stares at the alter, wondering how many souls have stood where he stands today. Noaru wondered how those before him felt when they were surrounded by peace and the security of home. A sad expression replaces Noaru's expression of comfort and peace, he lowers his head and closes his eyes.

“ Grant me goodwill... ”

Noaru wanted this one thing, if he could obtain it then he could return to the state of mind and being he had before. The spirit clenched his fists and placed them together; he opens his eyes that exerted a strong will. He would have what was rightfully his and he would change accordingly to bring back or to improve his very existence. Noaru vowed he would conquer the turmoil that has plagued him for so long and overwhelm the concept that his very meaning was placed upon.... imperfection.

“ I Noaru, makes this vow today. That when I depart from this place and venture into the worlds unknown. I will remain steadfast in my pursuit of goodwill and truth. This centuries long will that I wield shall become my shield and my undying spirit, my sword. I will not become arrogant and let my power overtake me. I'am wishing that you are listening to me carefully, you who answers the prayers of the people in this place—remember my promise to become equitable, forevermore. ”

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on September 17th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Fallon gave her name to Ball and not far after that the ghost seemed to question both their existence in this plane of existence. When Ball was asked who he prays to Ball had no answer, he shrugged his newly formed arms, shifting his upper body upward as he observed the larger pycons doing. It was a new experience all together and Ball enjoyed doing it, so for no reason whatsoever the squire shrugged again with a look of amusement on his singular facial focal point.

Who do I pray too? Ball could feel the urge to pray to several of the immortal beings known as the gods, he never could remember their names and thus he turned to face the door, seeing the large oak tree in the far horizon surrounded by a wall. That wall was mounted by knights and archers.

“'Im.” ['Him.'] Ball spoke as he rose a stubby arm to point to it. I worship Him. Ball turned to the altar and dropped from the back of the pew. Sitting in the joint that forms between back and bottom of the pew Ball remained there for a few minutes before standing up and wobbling over to the edge and then just toppling right over the edge of it. It would've been rather amusing, 'cept he forgot about the edge and three foot drop thereafter.

Ball acted on instinct and tucked his extremities in and rolled when he landed on the ground with a soft thud. After rolling for a few minutes Ball pushed his extremities back out in mid-roll so that when the squire finished the rolling momentum he was back on his feet and literally already in mid-stride.

Rolling to walking seemed to appear natural to the one known as Ball. Stepping into the central walkway Ball looked up it at the translucent white being before him. He could see through him kind of and it scared the small clay being to no end.

Clear Pycon... Ick. He grumbled mentally as he steeled himself and started towards the main altar.

What was the name of that god? I know it... It was... Sylir! Taking a deep breathe Ball did his best to calm his being down as he approached the Clear Pycon and could feel the unnatural chill that is associated with the ethereal race.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes