[Sunberth] Looking For Roleplay

Splitting this part off from the OOC thread, it's a thread dedicated to finding roleplaying partners and hooking up with people threading in the city!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Lo'campo on September 25th, 2014, 2:50 am

Hello fellow citizens of Sunberth! Most of you that know have met Lo'campo know of his...odd nature, I would like to change that. He is a decent fighter, but I would like to get more on his mental as well as social side. So any skill that you guys think would help, or any constructive criticism would help as well. A few skills that I would like for him to have are:

Medicine
Charisma
Animal Husbandry
Persuasion
Intimidation

As well as anything else that anyone can think of. I would also like to have him learn how to operate in the outside world and how to deal with problems other than using his hands. (He was never aloud to go outside until he was in his 30s)

Note: I am also up for teaching Unarmed Combat as well as lakan skill if anyone is willing to learn. Pm me if you are interested. Thank you

-Lo'campo

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Simeon Aytak on September 30th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Doctor in the house!

Simeon is a wandering street herbalist who has dabbled in both medicines and poisons. I'd like for him to meet characters who have might clinical needs. It could be a one-time thing if its a minor ailment like a cough, fever, nausea, etc. Or, they could be repeat customers who want to deal with long-term insomnia, migraine, depression, hallucinations, etc.

Of course, Simeon is also willing to concoct minor-degree poisons for the martially-inclined. Perhaps the hunter who wishes for poisoned arrowheads to easier fell prey... or perhaps the larcenous fellow who needs to add a touch of toxicity to his work.

Also interested in finding partners for Simeon. People who find herbs in the wild, he will gladly do business with and buy the herbs off them for a fair price. Or, people who might be inclined to go on herb-gathering trips with him. He isn't a very martial fellow, so bodyguards are necessary for him to wander out of Sunberth.

Simeon's Skills
Herbalism (Competent)
Medicine (Novice)
Poisons (Novice)
Philtering (Novice)
"Milk of poppy for the pain, cayenne for the bleeding, and yarrow for the fever. There you go, good as new. I recommend you pay me now, otherwise - well - learning to heal is the same thing as learning to kill, you know?"
Simeon Aytak
Doctor Death Himself

Words: 29585
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2014, 9:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lo'campo on October 1st, 2014, 6:27 am

Hello fellow Sunberthians. Living in Sunberth can be quite...life threatening due with the increasing numbers of gang attacks, killings, and recent Dhani arrivals. To help those wanting to be better suited in defending themselves, I offer Free lessons in unarmed combat. No charge what so ever. May your fist protect you where your wits cannot.

-Loxudeianis Basunreph Campo

Oumoc Basunreph Campo
Lo'campo
The Sunset Quarter monster

Words: 313620
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 12:24 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Virga Dominatio on October 6th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Completley new on this site, and Dom is looking for some new people to meet. I don't have any real idea for a thread yet but open to most of them, somewhere where i can teach or be taught skills would be nice. Dom is also a bit of a gambler, and a smoker. So if anyone wants to play a bit of dice or share some Temper together he'd be in for that aswell.

Curent skills (Although I'd love to get some more points in all of these offcourse):
Weapon skill, Quarterstaff
Acrobatics
Play instrument, Fiddle
Unarmed Combat

Skills I'm especially interested in (Although I'm open to ideas):
Hunting
Trapping
Weapon skill, throwing knife
Herbalism
Virga Dominatio
Player

Words: 3807
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2014, 8:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Urna on October 6th, 2014, 10:56 pm

Hey hey, Sunberth.

This is a completely new character that's looking to get established in the city and make some connections. She's been here for almost 75 years and was a slave up until about 15 years ago, so there's plenty of Flashback opportunity in her for those who've lived in the city for most of their lives. She's been around, let's just say. :) I'm open for pretty much all kinds of threads, though I'd strongly prefer to keep her alive for a bit so I don't volunteer her flesh as tribute to anyone with murderous urges (unless we agree on a less lethal outcome beforehand).

She's a doctor/surgeon and has been practicing the art for a few years as a freelance medic and that's the most obvious entry into peoples' storylines. I do want to expand on her skill base as I go, however, and will mostly do so through Flashbacks to give her past some weight in the present. Combat training and the like would be great.

... So would socialization and relationship-building! So, hit me up if you want to thread. :D

Urna
Player

Words: 3332
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2014, 1:45 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Amon Torque on October 7th, 2014, 11:28 pm

Hello one and all! I am simply desperate to thread! Please, consult me for your thread needs, be it boring or otherwise, Amon is willing and ready! Don't hesitate, pm now!
ImageImageImage
Amon Torque
Style in Simplicity.

Words: 79602
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2014, 6:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nellie Hawkins on October 8th, 2014, 3:01 am

Hello, Sunberth. :D

I'm looking for a friend. I'm sure Nellie has had one, at some point, even growing up in Sunberth. Or an acquaintance. Or an enemy. Someone she's known longer than the beginning of fall. Having lived in Sunberth all her life, it makes a certain bit of sense that she'd have run into actual people at some point, yes?

Basically what I want is someone similar enough in age or interests that its reasonable for them to have met. Someone who might want to do a few flashbacks with Nellie to bulk up history and skills learned in youth. Maybe we ran around stealing food in the marketplace? Maybe we threw mud at the whores outside the cheaper brothels? Maybe we went exploring vacant buildings and found useless junks we treasured for chimes before throwing by the wayside?

Possibilities are endless, and I'm very open to other ideas. If you have something interesting, throw it at me and we'll see where it goes!

One caveat: you can't be someone I've just recently 'met' IC (unfortunately this cuts out about half the PCs here, but if we're currently threading, you've been relegated to the 'new acquaintance' pile. Its alright. I don't love you any less.)

PM me, people! :D
Nellie Hawkins
Player

Words: 125691
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 11:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Koruma on October 8th, 2014, 2:15 pm

Hello All, I'm looking for any characters that currently live in the orphanage or were there recently (up to 2 years ago). I'm looking for characters that Koruma would have most likely had contact with, perhaps even a friend or two. Maybe even an enemy!
Koruma
Player

Words: 39493
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2014, 5:32 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lucian Hill on October 9th, 2014, 9:19 pm

Heya.

Lucian is a common raven Kelvic and a reluctant (and poor) pickpocket. He's rather flighty and has difficulty with committing to certain things, but I'm looking to establish relationships with people or even find a bondmate and get Lucian more centered. I'm up for varied flashbacks, especially if they involve gaining random skills, as that would fit his history more - he flitted from interest to interest, not really sticking with anything - but simply socialization is also fine.

PM me for thready goodness.
Lucian Hill
Over many a quaint and curious volume

Words: 51909
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aider Silander on October 15th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Names Aider Silander. I'm looking to make relations with others as well as gain skills, 24 years of age and willing to basically thread with anyone if we can come up with a decent plot.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext