Completed A Copper For Your Thoughts?

Ricky meets with Ariann again and decides to have a personal discussion with her.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Copper For Your Thoughts?

Postby Ricky Maze on February 13th, 2014, 7:58 pm

As he came to his senses his breathing was normal once more but he still felt the automatic heartache of loss, Ariann had mentioned something about his nose but trailed off as she clearly did feel awkward with him now. One glimpse was all it took to surprise Ricky but the pain in his chest disallowed any chances of panic, his mind merely shrugged the fact his nose bled off as something normal compared to day to day things; even if he never had nosebleeds before. Ariann’s words about fathers and crying would’ve definitely brought a smile or chuckle out of the fisherman, yet Ricky wasn’t sure whether he could laugh or cry now that he’d ruined not just a day but even a friendship as valued as this. The truth of the matter was that even if he appeared strong on the outside, this appearance is what Ricky easily held within. Deep down within his interior there were feelings, feelings and emotion that governed his heart, his mind, even his body half the time. He was a man raised to understand these feelings, taught to keep them in control lest they take over him completely. They were strength and weakness together, a dangerous weapon to wield once unleashed upon those Ricky would dare call his enemies.

The biggest feeling of all… was love. Unconditional love both given and earned to those around him, it was what made Ricky exactly who he was this whole time. His ability to hold onto such compassion where as others may have simply let go was something he’d held onto for years, time and time again he’d felt dark days ready to shatter what hopes he had left. Yet his ability to love somehow never faltered nor failed him, and now it made him better… stronger now that he’d a family to feed those embers. Ariann had definitely been a part of that love and she still was, even if there had been such hurt brought on from her words. In truth Ricky felt he deserved such harsh words, they were his punishment after all for making a mess out of things. "Ricky," Natalie knelt down next to Ariann as she looked deep within Ricky’s eyes, "Just do it. Don’t be afraid to tell her, or any friend for that matter, how you feel about them." It was something he’d never been able to do, save for those he’d grown so close too. Yet even if they were that close Ricky still found it difficult to share his feelings, even though Telion knew him for who he was she still couldn’t get him to admit everything he felt. That’s just how personal such things were to Ricky, that’s just how everything worked with the fisherman.

"Tell her Ricky, it’ll be good. Good for her… and good for you both." Natalie assured him once more with her hand on his cheek, while Ariann’s hand rested on the other side too. In that moment there’d been a flash underneath Ariann’s palm that shone bright upon Ricky’s face. Ricky could deep down feel much of the pain in his mind and heart ease up as the Charoda tried to heal whatever caused the nosebleed, whatever she believed was its cause she had stopped the flow of red from carrying on as Ricky blinked a few times. In that process Natalie who’d been right there next to the two merely vanished from Ricky’s sight, like the ghost she practically played with him when she usually appeared. Yet what Ariann and Ricky were both unaware of that the source of his nosebleed wasn’t quite so curable so easily, even if it’d been stopped more would eventually follow. It was all a part of something the fisherman had yet to figure out, something that no simple healer could mend without good practice and experience behind them.

Tell her. Those words couldn’t have more difficult to follow now of all times. Ricky wanted to of course if it would help make everything better between them, yet a lifetime of keeping such things held within made even the simplest notion difficult to start. However, Ariann’s statement on how she shouldn’t have said what she said heard, Ricky finally found the balls to make up for this and all his past mistakes. Those mistakes being times where he should’ve been fully honest, honest with himself and those around him when he allowed some feeling or emotion to take over. "No, Ariann Oi…" He took a deep breath and sighed right after, the gravity of his words made it difficult to express them so. Her cheeks had turned blue in the manner of a blush, if that was a good thing for Ricky he couldn’t honestly tell. "Oi just gotta be ‘onest ‘ere." He’d looked at her face off and on as he tried to pull the words out, and get push his feelings along with them as every word was forced off his tongue.

"Oi care ‘bout ya Ariann… More den yew know lass. Oi figured what ya felt f’r me would only make t’ings ‘arder on yew later on, so Oi t’ought t’ confront ya ‘bout it t’ try and ‘elp if possible. De truth is…" He didn’t want to pain her again, not after his previous experience earlier. Yet he needed to clarify everything, so she could understand how he really felt towards her. "Oi do love ya Ariann… but Oi can’t be in love wit’ ya because… well yew know." The repetition for it would likely just start another fire, it was a and always will be pure given fact that he loved and belonged with Telion. "Oi didn’t wanna make t’ings ‘arder f’r ya later on, ‘cause I know it’s difficult when ya ‘ave dose feelin’s for someone. I know." He knew from Natalie. It served as a prime example of his first relationship, and how everything can easily go to shyke without warning. "No matter what t’ough… I’ll always ‘ave love f’r ya lass, ‘cause ye’re a great person and a good soul. Ye ‘ave a heart I just wanna always protect." He was being honest and still stuck with his oath, even if it worried him that breaking years of silence could ruin everything he now had.

"Oi t’ought ye’d felt awkard t’ me ‘cause Oi worried, and Oi ‘ad the impression dat ya felt dat way. Oi never held any awkwardness t’ward ya lass. Oi wanted t’ be the kind o’ man ye could always count on, the one t’ ‘elp ya find yer own soul mate so ye’d be able t’ be ‘appy. Oi want yew… t’ be a part o’ me life and me family’s life too… while ‘avin’ yer own family life at de same time."He confided with a mixture of emotion, he was definitely terrified to even be sharing this. Yet he felt a great amount of pressure lift off his shoulders in doing so, a feeling he recalled having on some occasions but always treasured when it reoccurred. This was good for him even if it scared him to do it… Sharing all this would help Ariann the complexity of his situation now, and either strengthen or weaken the bond between them once this had come to pass.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ariann on February 14th, 2014, 2:36 pm

Ariann felt her spirits rise a little when her healing gnosis managed to halt the bleeding for a moment. She felt a little happier knowing that she did something to help him again. Even though a moment of silence followed Ricky's initial words, she sat there, eyes diverted, as he continued with what he had to say. He wanted to be honest with her. Almost as if he had been lying to her about whatever he was about to clarify. He even had the nerve to glance off and on at her face as if he really was hiding something. Ariann's lips tilted down into another worried frown as she contemplated what he could have been lying to her about. Her thoughts had barely begun to move about in her head when he spoke of how much he cared about, and stated that he knew what she felt for him. Her cheeks immediately turned a sapphire blue and she diverted her own gaze this time in embarrassment. She could already tell he knew what she felt about him.

I do love you Ariann... The words caught her off-guard twice over, her eyes widening in shock as she turned back to look at him with a confused stare of wonder and confliction. ... but I cannot be in love with you, because... well, you know. She blinked, her mind racing for the answer he had left off. Telion. She answered in her mind, frowning a bit. Of course he couldn't be in love with her. He was already taken and he was from an entirely different species than she was, but despite that, he felt able to tell her that he held a mirrored image of her love for him in his own heart. It was a sweet thought, one that caused Ariann to flush blue again as she let her head dip down.

He then spoke of wanting to ease the difficulties she was having around him, when feelings of love made things awkward. He would always love her, no matter what happened. He said she had a heart worth wanting to protect. The thought brought a welling feeling inside of her, and her eyes began to hurt again, her nostril-slits flaring. She was beginning to want to cry again, but she was doing the best she could to suppress it. He continued to speak, though, despite her impending waterfall that she kept hidden from him. When he stopped speaking, she could barely find the strength to draw air through her mouth, her lips were quivering so. She held her hands pressed against her knees since her legs were folded beneath her. Her head remained ducked down, but he could easily hear the sniffles coming from her as she sucked in air from around her. It took a moment, but when she lifted her head, he could see she was crying again, her eyes shedding non-existent tears once more. But instead of the sad look that she had before, her mouth was twisted into a wavering smile, a soft and gentle one.

"Ricky, I..." She sucked in a breath, "I... don't know what to say..." She murmured, her eyes falling from his face to the ground in an utter mixture of confusion, happiness, embarrassment and reserved sadness. "Thank you." She said quietly, a mere whisper upon the winds as her body shook with apprehension and fear of what she knew she was about to do.

Without another word, she pushed herself from the ground and flung herself at Ricky, now fully crying non-existent tears of happiness as she buried her face into his chest, her arms wrapping around his waist. She held him tightly, her shoulders shaking as she let herself cry again, using his chest as her metaphorical box of tissues. She didn't have any tears or mucus to exhume from her eyes or nostrils, but she still found it quite applicable to rub her face against his chest as if she did have saline irritating her eyes. The frustrations of her sadness were welling up in her eyes, causing them to pain her, and the only way she could relieve that pain was to rub her eyes against something, be it Ricky's shirt or the back of her hands.

After a moment of crying, Ariann stopped and slowly lifted her head so Ricky could see the look of joyful happiness that masked over the pain of said happiness upon her face. "I am... so happy." She said softly.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on February 15th, 2014, 7:28 am

While the words of his speech sunk in to Ariann just like the sun always did with the sea, Ricky felt his heart not only twist but rise and then drop over and over. Being something he hardly ever did to someone, the feelings he’d comprised just wouldn’t stop their fluctuation in regards to how his words came across. For that moment, that one tick splitting moment where Ariann’s head bowed down and then sounds of sobs soon followed once more… that brought all the more worry for Ricky. Did he hurt her once again? Did his choice words prove a fatal knife to the heart? It wasn’t until she’d looked up to him again that, in that moment, Ricky found the gruesome worry in his mind wash away with the sight of a gentle if not wry smile. There wasn’t no ability to express the gratitude he felt in return, her thanks given with but a deep nod and lips inwardly bitten on as he smiled at her. Nerves clearly wracked by the stress of emotion, he finally found himself able to relax once more. The situation definitely eased as they both no doubt established not just a stronger nor deeper connection, but a powerful bond that’d be greater to behold in the near future.

Clearly Ariann found herself able to accept what love Ricky could give, and it made him all the more happier she could. Upon the ease within the intense pressure she’d already taken to cling to him like the girl she was. Strangely Ricky didn’t feel it was the same as a lover would, more so in a manner of a daughter would to the father. Perhaps it was his perspective on things that made him think so, but the way Ariann wept into his chest as best as she could… there was just that kind of love there for him. Love that only seemed to exist between two souls that genuinely found a rare but amazing understanding with one another; it was a love that made the two believe that they could count on one another for guidance in the time of need. As he’d felt the cold of her body seep through the threads of his jacket the first thought that came to mind was how chilly she felt, yet the feelings he held deep within overpowered any need to shiver in reaction to the sudden change of temperature held upon him. In turn he would just merely place his hands at her shoulders and rub them in further attempts to comfort her, he’d already made it clear by now who his heart really belonged to after all thus no longer needed to refrain from hiding other affections.

Although keeping promise to his oath always remained on his mind Ricky believed so long as he continued to treat Ariann the way he thought of her, not as a child but a friend he held a different kind of love for, then no act committed on his part would violate the sworn oath he shared with his love on the day they married. For now though he focused more on Ariann as she’d seem to have found happiness again, which in turn brought a happy chuckle from Ricky as he looked down at her with glee. For being such an idiot today he sure did better in the end, when the moment to make the difference finally counted at least. "Me too," he admitted with a hearty grin, "Now dat we ain’t got any worries between us, Oi want ya t’ know I’m always dere if ya need me Ariann. Just find me, and Oi’ll do what Oi can." He assured her just like any real friend would, yet there still was that feeling of fatherhood toward her. Since Ricky understood it well by now he knew the differences in identifying it, but the reality was that both feelings were more alike rather than different. Which is what he held onto the most. He didn’t care that Ariann wasn’t a daughter or blood kin, he didn’t even worry about whether or not she was family. He just felt the same sort of feeling he did to Martin, a obligated role to be someone that both could look to and count on in the years to come.

Thinking on it Ariann still needed to meet the young boy Ricky had created, but that would come in time when she felt ready to do so. After today he’d felt he strained her enough with the talk alone, for now though he’d stick to making sure she still felt the same as before if not better; which was that happy bubbly Charoda who could always, always count on her Wave Guard.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Matthew on April 11th, 2014, 1:22 am

Ricky

Experience Points:

• 1 Investigation

Lores:

• Ariann: Special Considerations Required
  • Socialization: Ignoring the Voice In Your Head

Ariann

Experience Points:

• 1 Medicine
  • 3 Socialization
  • 1 Observation

Lores:

• Emotion: Some Sadness Just Refuses to Fade
  • Medicine: First Aid for Minor Wounds
  • Ricky: A Bit Weak to Tears
  • Ricky: Afraid to Love Again

Additional Notes :
Ariann, unless I missed something, you are speaking Common very fluently throughout this thread? It should be a bit more broken than how well it is used, but this was just a small thing I noticed. Otherwise, this was a great thread. Quite a sappy thread, but I feel like it was aimed for at certain points.

I didn't award Heartstring tugging because I am a cold and unfeeling sort of person.

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Previous