[The Sanctuary] A Knock at the Door

Open to those in the Sanctuary, Xira arrives at his destination.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Xira Hezmek on March 6th, 2014, 12:56 am

By the time the young courier, Xira Hezmek, found his destination he had traveled 45 days and an impossible distance for him to calculate. At last it was all coming to an end. Foot sore, travel weary and feeling as if was still wobbling the land had taken on the rolling and rocking aspect the sea so favored, he trudged along the path to the imposing structures north of Riverfall. On foot over the other and the his steps echoed by the clopping of shoed hoof on dirt.

Trees boarded his path on either side. The map called this the Fringe forest and there was no sign of logging whatsoever. It was beautiful and peaceful and it was warming with the early spring causing plants to bloom and thrive. Trees were unfurling new leaves, fresh and green while grasses burst forth to form a thick undergrowth. Snow bent down to nibble on some grass as they walked along, which was all well in good since he did not have the bit on her, just the lead. He was warned by Temur not to let a horse graze while the bit was in else they get colic. On her back was the whole reason he was here. The cumbersome glass terrarium that held the Vian sapling.

Snow had tolerated all that was thrown at her. He had only just started to get to know her before they had taken the journey to riverfall via ship. It was dreadfully boring, the only thing that made it bearable was spending time with his horse. Brushing her down, feeding her, cleaning up after her and talking at length to her kept him busy. He would have ridden her right after they got off the ship but she was needed to carry the glass object on her back.

This morning it was fogged over and one could see hints of blue and white. I was his job to make sure it survived, and so far it had. He opened the hinged top and emptied some of his waterskin. As Snow walked on a bit ahead of Xira. Each day it seemed to have grown a bit more then the day before. He was somewhat proud to have made something grown. But soon it would not be his responsibility but on some level he would miss the plant. Funny that one could be so attached to vegetation.

They were nearing this "Sanctuary" and Xira could not help but wonder what exactly they did at the compound. All he knew was what he had been told by a greeter at the docks: that Kavala owned a business and that it was on the map. She was a healer and a horse trainer supposedly but the place before him seemed far larger than a simple stable.

It appeared to Xira as a large stone wall that overlooked the Suvan. Presumably it was a square or rectangular by nature but he would not know until he was inside. The path terminated at a pair of heavy gates that were wide open and showed a little of what was inside. Buildings and what appeared to be stables peered out of their protective confines. The pair, a man and his horse, strode up to the gates and he looked around for someone to talk to. Above him there appeared to be shadowed figure but that may have been a trick of the light.

Xira couldn't help but consider just strolling in as bad form. Sure they kept the gates open and of course they probably had a sentry posted but that didn't mean he could just trespass. It was against Riverfall Law. So he waited at the gates and hailed those inside, "Hello there! I come with business for Kavala."

Words from me to you
Dear Graders: I collect location lore!
Xira Hezmek
Here's the mail it never fails.

Words: 227264
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Reven Heath on March 6th, 2014, 3:58 am

"Blauh..! Ugh..."

Reven settled herself on the ground, head bowed into the privy as the contents of her stomach emptied into it till all she could do was dry heave. Tendrils of hair draped into blood red, half digested meat that she had scarfed down the morning before. However, upon throwing it back up, it didn't look like meat anymore... Gripping the rim of the toilet, Reven let out a curse loud enough for anyone beyond the door to hear. Her brow beaded with sweat, eyes glassy, and face set in a permanent scowl.

The feline was not happy today...

She had a bug of some kind, maybe the worms had infested her gut again. Reven couldn't understand why because most of her meals thus far were cooked lightly and of fair and fresh quality. It was surprising how good the meals were. The Kelvic had venture into Riverfall yesterday, planning on spending some time at the Red Diamond Fashion shop with Rosela. It was an interview of sorts but upon further discussion, the two were able to hash out appropriate employment plans and before she knew it, had been offered at job as Rosela's assistant. The employment request had launched the Lioness into high spirits and for most of the day, she shopped around buying kits, leathers, and other necessities she would need to craft. One shop owner had warned her about the stomach bug raging throughout the city, even speculating that it was because of the stagnant water. It was kind of them to warn her but the Kelvic knew chances of her actually getting the bug were slim to none.

Petch, was she wrong.

"Uugh—Uahh-" She heaved again, smacking her fist down in anger.

After a bell, the woman slid onto her feet and wiped her mouth, moving to clean her hands and brush the sweat from her brow. Reven had things to do and there was no time to be sick. Her stomach bubbled with protest, wanting her to stay cuddled to the privy. What more could she vomit? Everything had already past her lips. Wrenching the door open, the Kelvic sauntered back to her room, inspecting the halls to see if anyone was awake. At this time of morning, she knew the staff was awake but saw no one in sight as she pulled open her door and enter her room. The bed off to the corner of her room coaxed her with soft, warm furs. Reven wanted so badly to crawl onto the pelts, wrap herself up in a cocoon, and be lured to sleep with pleasant dreams of certain man.

Turning away from her bed, the Kelvic dressed herself in a not so new tunic and pulled her boots on before venturing out of the within. On her way up to the main ground facility, she tied her hair up into a tight bun, making sure to keep the smelly tresses from her face while she went about her chores. Once she made it to the horse gates, however, Reven halted her steps and stared at the man next to his mare calling out for someone. The Kelvic was not in the best of moods and found it hard to scrub the frown off her lips. Ambling to the man, she was sure his mare would react to her feral demeanor as she approached. Reven studied his animal, his garb, and the items he carried with him. He didn't look like a threat but in her eyes, everyone had the potential to be. Arcing her brow, Reven's voice was friendly yet firm. "Hail to you. May I have your name?" She waited for his answer before speaking again. "My name's Reven... Kavala isn't here right now, she's with a party off to trade and won't be back for a couple of days. Is there anything I can help you with?.. You look tired, have you traveled far? If you'd like, you can rest here until Kavala returns."

Reven beckoned to him, keeping a safe distance from the horse. "Come inside. Aweston can care for your horse while we talk." If he followed her inside, she would lead him to Aweston and wait till he handed the creature over before firing more questions at him. "What brings you to the Sanctuary? Are you hungry? We can most certainly stop by the kitchen if you are."

The mention of food sent a shiver down her spin. If he was hungry, she would surely show him the way to the kitchen and ask Cadra to prepare him something, but she would not stay. Her stomach wouldn't be able to handle the smell of food and she would find herself right back at the privy if she even considered eating a single morsel. "Sorry if I startled you earlier, I'm not feeling very well today and I wasn't expecting any visitors this early in the morning, especially in the fog. You're brave to venture out into it."
Last edited by Reven Heath on March 16th, 2014, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Words: 213556
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lyn'nice on March 7th, 2014, 4:21 am

Lyn'nice had been concerned with the guttural noises coming from Reven's room. Oh man, she's got something bad. The noises were starting to make her a little nauseated. Just as she was about to running to her own privy, the noises stopped much to Lyn'nice's relief. She'd have to take a look at Reven later. She looked over her herbs in pots,seeing if she had anything that would help. Hmm, maybe. She plucked a few leaves from a plant and went to track the Kelvic down.

She found Reven speaking with a man, "Oh, we have company? My name is Lyn'nice or Lynnie for short. You're the one delivering the tree! Right on time too! You must really take your job seriously, such dedication. Reven, Kavala was expecting him. He's bringing us a special tree. No need to be wary. Come in, come in!" She stopped. "Oh, I forgot to ask your name sir."

Lyn'nice gave a smile to the man allowing him in, she pushed Reven to the side quietly, "Here, mint leaves. Chew on them, it'll settle your stomach. I'll give you a look over once everything's settled, okay?" She showed the Kelvic her own healing mark on her arm. "Go show him where to take his horse I'll handle some tea and munchies." She gave Reven a sympathetic look. Poor girl.

With that Lyn'nice made her way to the kitchen to speak to the tabby cat cook about food, and if Lyn'nice had her way a few Kelvic kitty cuddles.
Lyn'nice
Player

Words: 62054
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 11:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xira Hezmek on March 8th, 2014, 9:00 am

Virtually no time was spent before a rather grumpy looking woman stopped in her tracks and turned to him. It was a bit of a fearsome frown and Xira worried that he had done something wrong. He looked down his front to make sure nothing offended. Tired, sore and a bit rumpled. But he was no worse the wear. No it wasn't his clothes, and it probably wasn't his appearance. Was it because he was a male? It would not be the first time that his presence caused the ire of a woman.

The woman surprised him by hailing him back. "Ah, yes. My name is Xira Hezmek." He bowed to her, straightened up and gave her one of his best smiles, "It is a pleasure Reven." He listened to her words and nodded to her questions, "Yes, M'lady. I have traveled a great distance to make it here. I was hoping that I might get your recommendation on where to rest and wait for Kavala."

The courier took Reven's invitation into the Sanctuary by taking a step across the threshold. "Ah, one moment." A quick few steps and and he was at Snow's flank. He gripped her saddle so she wouldn't start walking off (not that he needed to), and started unravelling the ropes binding his charge to the saddle. Holding the glass cylinder terrarium by the metal chain hanging anchor he carefully removed the Vian sapling from its holdings. He would need to disassemble the glass top and fix the pot. The felt fabric keeping the soil from moving about had failed and made a bit of a mess.

"Ah, here we are. Snow is yours for now, please take good care of my darling horse." He would visit her later when he settled in. Besides, he had all his possessions on her back. The courier's suvan blue eyes twinkled in amusement, "I certainly wouldn't say no to a spot of breakfast." The woman before him was a charming lady, even in such bad moods. Firing question after question at him like volleys from a bow. Not that Xira minded the questions.

"It was nothing Reven. We all have those day." He smiled and nodded matter-of-factly. Even now the fog was lifting from Syna's gaze. He looked back the way he came, the mist shifting and causing shapes to appear and disappear. He could see much the way that he came but it was hard to believe that he had only traveled two miles. "Me? Brave? Nay, M'lady, I am merely pressed by honor. How could I account myself a man of my word if I dallied. Not to mention that I had no where else to go."

He was starting to relax in Reven's presence when suddenly another woman popped up out of nowhere. He jumped at the sudden woman's presence, back on guard until he realized she was no harm. This one perhaps was quicker to asking questions then her companion. He grinned, amused and listening good naturely. So he was expected. When the woman paused, either from remembering something or taking a breath he bowed deeply to this newcomer, "Greetings Lyn'nice. My name is Xira Hezmek. You do have it right, M'lady, though I was not aware of any time constraint." His grin had taken on almost a smirkish aspect, though he would never do so out of disrespect; he instantly liked this Lyn'nice.

He graciously let the two talk in private. Waiting for Reven to lead him to wherever she intended to take him. Where she led he would follow, his horse taken care of and with his unusual package in hand.

Words from me to you
Xira Hezmek

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Reven Heath on March 10th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Xira was indeed a dedicated man, showing such commitment to his task was admirable and because of that, Reven took a slow liking to him. He seemed intelligent, more of a jokester in her eyes than anything else but that did not detract from her likeness of the man. A smile showed on her lips, but it concealed her teeth and therefore, hide her true nature form him. If he couldn't tell by the unnatural stillness of her eyes then he could certainly tell by her teeth when she smiled. Reven was not ashamed of being a Kelvic in any sort of way. It was the natural insecurity of judgement that kept her from openly revealing what she was and in fact, was the reason why she spent more time by herself than with anyone.

Except for Vanator of course, by that was another bundle of chaos she'd rather not think about...

She watched as the man unloaded the sapling and guided his mar to Aweston. Reven had subtle introduced the two, giving Aweston a short yet curt nod causing his brow to furrow. He knew something was up with the Kelvic. It was rare to see her in foul moods. Moving with Xira further into the courtyard, Reven was suddenly met with Lyn'nise, a Konti healer she had only a brief introduction to. Lyn'nise was also residing in the Sanctuary, from what she knew, and aided Kavala when in came to matters of ailment and healing. Personally, the feline never sought to know the woman but chancing upon her this morning was probably the best thing that could have happened to her. Reven knew she'd be a mess if she stayed in the kitchen area for too long and was thankful Lyn'nise was there to entertain Xira as well.

A tick later and there were thin, scented leaves placed into the palm of her hand. Reven instantly recognized them as mint leaves. The soft, waxy coating of the leaves felt nice under her sensitive fingertips. "Oh, you heard me." It was more of a statement then a question. Who wouldn't have heard her blowing chunks into the privy this morning?

"Thanks Lyn'nise, I would certainly appreciate it..." Reven threw the leaves into her mouth and began chewing. The mint flavor was the best part, aside from easing her nausea. "I owe you for this. If there's anything I can do for you, just let me know." Nodding to the woman's gentle command, the feline went back to Xira who had wandered off to give them private time. Finding him not too far into the Sanctuary, Reven called out to him to inquire about a small tour of the place and, if he would allow it, lead him through the facility. She would guide him to a place to settle the sapling before showing him the clinic area, the pastures, the kennels (which she went over quickly), the library, and other parts of the Sanctuary that he could venture into at his leisure. The scent of breakfast in the air was nearly palpable, causing Reven stomach to bubble with disgust as she lead him to the kitchen.

"This is, of course, the kitchen..." She introduced softly, rounding the corner to find Lyn'nise and Cadra quietly talking away. Reven arched a brow toward the Kelvic, obviously curious as the what they were talking about. Cadra's expression was one of pity as she approach the cougar. "Will you excuse us one moment, Xira? Help yourself to the food." Reven pardoned before being pulled aside yet again.

Cadra had her hands tucked into the pockets of her apron, cream and stained from the many uses. Her brown-yellow eyes looked on with concern as she tucked a redish, orange lock of hair behind her ear. "Are you feeling well? Lyn'nise said you were throwing up this morning." The young girl questioned. It surprised Reven how mature she could be... It also surprised her how immature Cadra was at times, as well.

"I was hoping some of the other staff members could help settle him in while I go rest... I think I've got a bug of some kind." Reven admitted, trying hard not to breathe in the smell of food. It was everywhere! "I think I might excuse myself now, I need to lay down..."

Cadra nodded and waved her away, "I'll visit you in a little bit with something to drink. Don't try to make a mess!" Her playful words did not amuse the cougar and before she could say anything else, Reven departed their company. Cadra 'hrmph'ed before turning back to the kitchen, beaming a smile at the newcomer.

"Hello! I'm Cadra, pleased to meet you." The cat greeted enthusiastically, "I hope you enjoy the food I made. Personally, I think it tastes pretty great."
Last edited by Reven Heath on March 16th, 2014, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lyn'nice on March 11th, 2014, 12:15 am

Cadra and Lyn'nice worked hand in hand with breakfast the two got along extremely well and any work they did seemed to go fast. Lyn'nice had informed Cadra of Reven's status, to which Cadra set another tea kettle on the stove leaving the herb mixture to Lyn'nice.

The two finished the meal just as Reven lead Xira to the kitchen. "Hey there! We made some great stuff for you! Let's see, fresh scrambled eggs, pancakes and butter made from fresh cream, fresh milk, a morning tea blend, and some pickled squid, oh wait that's mine." Lyn'nice giggled. "Please, sit and enjoy! This is Cadra she's our main cook I just help out here and there." She gave a happy smile to Xira.

"I have an issue to attend to, please excuse me for just a moment. I'll be right back. I promise!" She picked up the extra kettle and took it with her. Lyn'nice made a stop at her own room. Putting down the steaming kettle Lyn'nice to a look through her herb chest, "A bit of Lemon Grass, a pinch of Passion Flower, a good dose of Feverfew and Mint." All the herbs were dried and ready for tea making. Placing the leaves in the metal cage inside the teapot letting the herbs fuse into the water. Picking up her tea concoction she made her way to Reven's room.

She gave a knock, "Reven, I'm coming in." She opened the door to find the Kelvic in bed, "Here, made this for you it should help. Okay, now let me she your stomach." Lyn'nice assumed that Reven would be naked under the covers as Kelvics disliked clothes. Once Reven's stomach was exposed Lyn'nice placed her hand gently on her skin and tapped into her healing mark. The swirls along her arm glowed faintly.To heal, one must believe that they can. After a few ticks she pulled her hand away. "There, I don't know how effective that will be my mark is a lesser one than Kavala's. But it's all I can do. Get some rest."

Lyn'nice made her way back to the kitchen, "Sorry it took me so long! Now, back to breakfast!" Lyn'nice took to her squid. "So how long are you here in Riverfall? Will you be staying here? If so I can show you to a room after we're done here."
Lyn'nice
Player

Words: 62054
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 11:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lysaea Frostfawn on March 11th, 2014, 8:49 am

Lysa made her way through the Sanctuary with ease. She didn't have any tasks today that she knew of so she was free to do as she pleased. Moving past the walls of the Within, she decided she was feeling slightly peckish and began to make her way to the kitchen. She was, for some reason unbeknownst to her, in a happy mood for once which reflected in her current eye colour; a beautiful cyan blue like the sky outside.

Strange for her especially since she knew a stomach flu raged in the city just the day before. Maybe she had some kind of sick pleasure from hearing people were sick but she really hoped she didn't. That would make her some kind of sadist and as far as she was concerned, she didn't think she was a sadist... or maybe she was but didn't know it.

Shrugging her shoulders, she decided she wouldn't think such... strange thoughts. Nearing the kitchen area, she suddenly hovered her feet off the ground for a second longer than necessary. She got it. She wasn't someone who enjoyed inflicting pain upon themselves. She remembered someone once told her she was suicidal which would make her... mechanistic? Something or other. As her foot entered the kitchen, she was just finishing her train of thought when she slapped herself in the face right in the view of the other people and said
"Stop thinking random things you!" quite loudly to herself in Vani.

Shaking her head, she continued moving towards where the food was before she looked up and stared in surprise at the people inside. Eyes shaded a mixture of gold, pink and blue, she quickly blinked and recomposed herself by instinct. Almost immediately did she see someone she didn't know and forgot her manners.

"Who are you?"

Promptly, hitting herself in the face mentally for her lack of tact, she gave a somewhat awkward smile to all of them.

"I'm Lysaea by the way, and hi," she hastily continued not sounding at all how she usually did.
Lysaea Frostfawn
Player

Words: 68197
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Xira Hezmek on March 14th, 2014, 7:18 am

The Sanctuary was far more than a stables. The Windmount was a stables, but The Sanctuary had far more than a place to care for horses. Reven took Xira on a short tour that let him marvel at just how large the facility was. The first stop was the gardens. Rows of herbs and vegetables were kept neat and orderly. Each was weeded and tended to. A strange wooden box was nestled Near a small pool was a perfect place for his charge.

Moments later he was away with Reven on the tour and his Vian Sapling was settled under a shady tree, out of direct sunlight. He would have to come back to water it at noon but that was a problem for later. For now he would enjoy his tour of the Sanctuary with this grumpy Reven. The kennels had dogs and the pastures had horses and the clinic had medical supplies. All seemed normal for a place that had to care for horses. At least until they came to the library.

Xira was not a very learned man. He knew how to read, he knew his numbers he could write. Though his script was poor. Books were hard to come by and those that were about were of poor quality. He liked to read, but never was given the chance. As such when confronted by a myriad of books he was a bit overwhelmed. He lingered as Reven breezed through, itching to go through the books there. When he at last tore himself away, they came to the kitchen. "Of course M'lady. Thank you for your taking the time to show me about."

"Hello Cadra, my name is Xira. The pleasure is all mine. If you don't mind me saying, I am famished." He smiled, exaggerating a bit for effect. Then he noticed Lyn'nice. "Hello again! I see you have been very productive this morning! All of that sounds delightful." But then she said "Pickled squid" which made him blink, confused, then laugh with her after he realized she made a joke of it. Her smile spread to his face, a great grin breaking his face as he smiled back at her.

And like that Lyn'nice was gone to other duties. Meanwhile he spoke with Cadra. They chatted amenably and Xira offered to help out now that she lost one of her workers. Truth be told Xira had no skill in cooking whatsoever, but he could certainly be used as a laborer. But Cadra smiled and shook her head. "No, I am fine with what I have now. Besides Lyn should be back anytime now."

As soon as Cadra said that, so Lyn'nice appeared in what Xira assumed to be her typical cheerful manner. The konti returned to her work with the squid, asking him questions that anyone would ask. He replied, "I've only just arrived and I honestly have no idea how long I'll be staying. I was under the assumption that Kavala was going to be here when I arrived and thus could be about my business as soon as possible. However, the city is... breathtaking. I hope to stay longer, perhaps a season or two. Maybe longer if I can make a living here." He paused musing to himself before he allowed himself to answer her final question, "If is no bother I would love to stay here and wait for Kavala. I hadn't thought of accommodations so that would be a great burden from my shoulders." He smiled at Lyn'nice, grateful for offer a room to a lowly courier such as himself.

When he finished explaining himself yet another new face emerged, speaking some foreign tongue that made him think of winter and snow for some reason. She was shorter than him and had dark hair. Such hair had a sheen to it, like a beetle's shell or a butterfly's wing. The peculiar woman's eyes slid from one color to the next, changing with the expression on her face. When she finally noticed him and the others she blurted out what he suspected were the first thoughts to come to mind. Her blunt question made him smirk, laughing good naturedly inside. "Greetings M'lady. I am Xira Hezmek. I am a courier." His deep blue eyes twinkled mirthfully. "And how are you this fine morning? Come, eat with us."

The young courier would then begin to eat, saiting the growling beast that resided in his stomach. He would listen to the women around him and pause in his eating before responding.

Words from me to you
Xira Hezmek

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Lysaea Frostfawn on March 15th, 2014, 2:30 pm

Lysa continued to stare at the man, Xira he said his name was, as he introduced himself somewhat rudely. She couldn't for the life of her figure out what race he was. Her first impression reminded her of a Benshira's rich skin tone but upon closer scrutiny, he appeared to be one of the seafaring Svefra. That was understandable from her perspective as she knew some Svefra had tan skin but then he had hair like a Vantha... which she knew Svefra did not had. And why on earth would he be smirking. She wasn't that hilarious. She didn't even have a sense of humour anymore. In fact, she couldn't even remember the last time laughed. That was sad. At least in her opinion.

Lys shook her head. She was certainly not feeling herself today. Well she was. But she wasn't. In any case, her thoughts weren't making themselves relevant at this stage. Rising out of her thoughts just as the man asked how she was, she unconsciously said
"mhm," without her realising it before the words sunk into her currently thick skull.

"Right, I'm feeling...strange today," she said truthfully in a neutral tone, nodding her head as she agreed with her statement. "How are you?" she returned before she joined the rest with the food - that smelt great in her opinion - and began to eat hungrily as well. It tasted as good as it smelt. Deciding to say this, she opened her mouth once she had finished chewing all the food

"This tastes really good," she said enthusiastically. Hesitating a moment, she paused her eating, a thoughtful expression on her face.

"You know, I can't cook, my mother never let me. The one time I tried, I nearly burnt the whole place down," she said out of the blue.

Lys duly noted her out of characterness as soon as her words left her mouth. Eyes shifting to a dark sapphire, she wondered why she was in such a mood. It was so unnatural to her yet natural at the same time. Like a long lost skill that was barely touched on yet showing it's still sharpness after a long time of neglect. Replace skill with personality and that was what she was experiencing. So she still had potential to be friendly. That was good. Something she was trying to achieve.
Lysaea Frostfawn
Player

Words: 68197
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Reven Heath on March 16th, 2014, 1:52 am

It didn't take the Kelvic long before she was back to her room, slamming the door shut and undoing the ties that kept her clothes on. She stripped, letting the fabric and leather fall off her till her bare, sweaty skin met with cool air. It didn't feel as nice as she thought, causing chills to run up and down her body as she made her way over to her bed of furs. Reven hated being sick. The last time she felt like this was when she had worms and that had been simple compared to what she was going through now.

Tucking her body under the pelts, Reven groaned, wishing and wanting the world to cease at the current moment. She was tired of feeling so low and useless, empty and hollow. Tired of constantly wanting someone she couldn't have and ruining chances with others. Being sick didn't help her mind set and Reven wondered if that was the main reason she let her discontent show so fiercely. The cougar felt bad about her introduction to Xira and hoped that he wouldn't look at her in a negative way. First impression counted, from what Mutaldi said. Reven would have to apologize to the gentleman later.

Sleep was about to take her when a soft tapping on her door roused her awake. A familiar voice announced their entrance into her domain, pulling the door open even before she gave permission. Reven didn't mind, and dismissed the intrusion immediately, laying her head back down with a gentle sigh. Then she smelled it...

"Oh Gods, what is that?" The herbal concoction Lyn'nice had brought to her smelled odd, flowery with a hint of mint. Reven knew by the smell that it was something to help her stomach but it denied the scent. Her abdomen bubbled in protest. Rising from her furs, Reven took what was offered to her reluctantly, her torso and stomach exposed as she tried to sit up. The Konti revealed her mark and with it, went to work on examining her. She was nervous at first, hoping it wasn't anything serious, but as ticks went by, her stomach began to mellow out. Oh, it felt so good.

"Thank you Lyn'nice..." Reven offered her a small smile, her face pale and weary. The kettle was set near her bed with a small cup of the herbal tea already in her hands. She took a sip then set it down, sinking back into her furs as she watched the Konti leave.

Lyn'nice reminded her of Kavala, her heart aching in the absence of her friend. The journey to Endrykas was too long, in Reven's opinion.

Sighing once more, the Kelvic drifted off to sleep...
Reven Heath
Happy memories.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next