[Redd's Scrapbook] My Ramblings

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Redd's Virtual 'Do Not Forget' Scrapbook

Postby Scarlet Rose on June 26th, 2014, 6:02 pm

I saw these two images and thought of you! I have absolutely no idea if the wolf one is really a design in foam (cause some people are artistic like that) or if it's photoshop but I hope you enjoy! ... I think the second is photoshoped but it's a wolf in coffee so ... clearly that's you in a cup!

and!

Do you want the truth or something beautiful? Just close your eyes and make believe.
Do you want the truth or something beautiful? I am happy to deceive you.
Secrets, lies, and falling veils I can be who you want me to be.
Scarlet Rose
One day I'll be the best.

Words: 43868
Joined roleplay: June 22nd, 2014, 1:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Redd on June 27th, 2014, 2:26 pm

x

I could not, for the life of me get this song out of my head when someone in chat mentioned, 'The Meaning of Life.' Cause 'The circle of Life' sounds so much better, especially in a song!
Besides, although I'm 21 years of age, The Lion King movies are still my favourite movies!

@Scarlet Rose
I totally love the images! They are so me! I don't mind that the wolf coffee is photo-shopped, it's still pretty cool! ^.^
x
----------------------------------
"Even when the rain falls,
You & I will stand tall."
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Lynx on June 30th, 2014, 8:22 am

Day of Season, Year AV

Template for Lynx
The Mind
Is a wealth of triggers
Image Image Image
Active Threads: 3/5
Lynx
The Mind is a Powerful Thing

Words: 70657
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2014, 10:41 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Pandaemus on July 1st, 2014, 1:41 am

RedvsBlue is the best BTW, thought I'd give you some Kudos for having a great taste in comedy. I watched the show online when it was first coming out and now I am not ashamed to admit i have the DVDs and watch it with my Pa when I go home. ^^

So here...

Common - Nader-canoch - Hallucination Voices - Crail

Pandaemus
Skitsofrantic!!!

Words: 179130
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2013, 4:17 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Redd on July 5th, 2014, 12:48 pm

x

So... All of my threads are all caught up and I'm kinda sad now, because I like having pending posts, it makes me feel some-what important! xD
Anyway! My partner's brother came today and will be staying for the weekend, however! He reminded me of a very funny video that he had showed me ages ago.

[WARNING! It may be offensive to anyone of Catholic or Christian origins! If so, please do not watch and bitch at me, for you have been warned!]

x
x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

My Absence

Postby Redd on July 10th, 2014, 1:55 am

x

My Absence

I know that I have been absent for a couple of days and with good reason. My condition has taken a turn and I have been fighting with debilitating pain, so I am currently on strong pain meds in order to combat with it. This makes me rather sleepy and I do spend most of my days sleeping or having daily trips back to the doctors so then I have time to recover from this flare up of pain.

This means, that my posts will be slow, but I will be doing my best in order to catch up with the posts that people have been waiting for and I ask for patience in this regards. Thank you!

x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Redd on July 18th, 2014, 5:06 am

x
Self Doubt - Just Another Rant

Lately, I have been pouring over my characters, their profiles, threads and plotnotes and I have been trying to figure out where I have been going wrong. Is there something that I'm missing, are they just not people compatible enough? Do I need to edit them to make them be more people compatible? Do I need pets? Do I need more goals? Do I need to do a shit load of solos just to fit in with this crowd? Even though solos bore me to death. Do I need to expand my word count? Do I need a fancier template? Am I just not popular enough? If Inoader hadn't been the one to start a thread with me, would I ever have gotten any threads? Do I not approach people often enough? Do I bug people too much or too little? Is there something wrong with the way I type? Am I not inquisitive or talkative enough? Am I not popular enough with people? Do I not put enough details into my posts?

It's these questions that has been swirling around in my head lately and they just keep coming with each thread that just does not happen. People say, 'Hey Redd, lets start a thread together!' and lately I can't help but think, 'Yeah, that probably won't happen till I'm dead.' I have been threading with mostly the new guys that happen to log into Miz, because I know what it's like to start in Miz and not have a single person to thread with. Although, even now, I find that it's hard to thread with others, because they promise a thread, but it never happens. Even when you work out a plot-line with someone and they go, 'Yeah! Yeah I'll be the one to start it!' Even though I'm more than happy to start it and the thread never happens. I have lost track as to how many times this has happened to me lately and now I have just started to go, 'Well what's the point of even asking people anymore?' I think that maybe I should just stick to solos for a while and forget about asking people. If they are willing, then great toss me a message and I will try not to get my hopes up as the promised thread never comes.

Anyway, I gots to go and get ready for yet another doc's appointment... Later.

x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

I have returned & I've Got a Jar of Dirt!

Postby Redd on August 3rd, 2014, 7:32 am

x
I have returned & I've Got a Jar of Dirt!

Yes! it is as I have stated in the subject, I have returned! It has been far too long my lovelies! After almost two weeks, due to the medical bills having been slowed to be paid off, I now have internet again! So, for all those waiting on replies, I will get onto them ASAP, unless partner kicks me off the computer to watch Game of Thrones. Expect replies within the next three to four days, starting tonight, replies will be done!

x
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Inoadar on August 3rd, 2014, 9:09 am

Hey hon' :)
Thought you might like something smooth and haunting.
I was happy to do that thread with you. And Zeltiva has been even more fun ;) .
On my first character, I had that happen all the time. I'd propose an idea, which would be greeted with enthusiastic response, only to immediately fizzle, either because they said they'd start it, and then didn't; or I'd start it and never get a follow-up.
When I rolled up Jad, this one individual wanted to go with me on a ship voyage thread to Zeltiva. I said I'd wait and linked Jad to them, so they could figure their approach. Waiting for that cost me most of the season. It prompted me to see if I could count the times this sort of thing had happened. I got to 19 before I was no longer sure if I was counting any twice. And that's only one character. :)
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

An Update On Posts & Other Odd Topics

Postby Redd on August 5th, 2014, 1:52 pm

An Update On Posts & Other Odd Topics

So, for those of you who I had lagged behind on posts, will know that I have now caught up on you all! Which is good, but now I'm sad because I have to wait for people to respond to these threads. However! I have busied myself with making some new boxcodes for my characters as I'm sure that some people have already noticed. It's like making a present and then giving it to yourself, it really is rewarding. xD

So, in the last post I made, I said that I had a jar of dirt and so, here it is, for all to see. [Yes, the little Captain Jack Sparrow is saying, 'I've got a jar of dirt, I've got a jar of dirt!' But it's MY jar of dirt god damn it!] xD

Next is a lovely picture of my pet rock, kindly gifted to me by Roscoe. D'aww Rossy, you didn't have to go through all that effort, of giving me this here rock, you're too kind. Lol.

Inoadar
Thank you for that link to that lovely song, I did quite enjoyed it, it was rather inspiring to say in the least. [Just between you & me, plus quite possibly, whoever else reads this far down, I had the song on a loop for a bit. Lol.]

While it's not great that people just fizzle out on you, it's great for me, to know that I'm not alone in my struggle with people just not living up to what they originally said that they were interested in. Most of all, I'm glad that you and I have been constant threading partners and I look forward to many more adventures between Jadlin and Black.

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)