Open Just Another Day.

Archailist goes out again on a second day of training to test out the new Py-Sword.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Just Another Day.

Postby Archailist on November 10th, 2014, 6:46 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

72nd of Fall, 514.

It was nice to have a shoulder to ride on. One that actually listened to his orders and did what he was told, instead of all the other shoulders of humans and other species passing through. They all had things to do, people to meet. Not Adem; the boy had been 'attached' to the squirrel in order for him to learn a few things about the responsibilities he would eventually take on when he became a squire, and then a knight after that. It didn't matter whether the boy was still a child in the eyes of humans. Adem was still twice the age of the Pycon, and had spent all of his time in the city, by account of the conversations they'd gone through on the slow walk through the narrow corridors of the districts. "Two seasons, and I'd left my home and family. Two seasons, no more and no less." He'd gone out and explored the world. Heck, he'd barely managed to survive in the cities of Sylira.

"Nah, you're lying.. two seasons is barely enough time to learn how to walk, let alone get out of the city by yourself.." The squirrel only shook his head and held back a laugh, reclining back against the boys cheek as he watched the people walking by. So large, yet so ignorant of the creatures that lived alongside them. It wasn't even a real matter of a lack of them, because the squirrel certainly wasn't the only Pycon living in the city. There were others hanging around as well, either in the alleys or in the shops, even down in the fields and the fighting pits. It was here that the squirrel had sent the boy - to see just what happened in his future.

"You start out life as a ball, rolling about. No need for legs, lad. That shyke comes later. We're not like you, we see the world as something to be explored from the moment you can do it." Funny, really, that humans had such long lives to explore the world, see everything inside of it.. yet they spent such long amounts of time just sitting around and doing nothing. Spending thirteen, fifteen, heck sometimes eighteen years just standing around and never really doing anything. Sitting with the family, learning the trade. Orphans got out quicker and made a name for themselves - plenty of orphans among the ranks of squires and pages in the Order, taken in by knights for protection or simply to bring something back to the community. "Too much to explore in our lifetime though. No matter which way you swing it."

Silence fell for a pause. Arch was well aware of his own life, in comparison to those around him. The fact that it was only a fraction in the eyes of a human, and a blink in that of an Akalak like his patron. He wasn't a young Pycon, not by any stretch of the imagination. He'd been places, seen things; he'd lived a life that would be the envy of more than a few, but he doubted that anyone would ever swap places with him in the end, given the things that he'd rather he'd never seen at all. So much left to do, still. So many things he still wanted to do in his life, but he couldn't really be sure if he'd ever manage it. Even if he did, would there be any worth in it?

"We're here.. why are we here?" The boys question rose him out of his thoughts, in time to see the clashes of metal against metal, blunt blades of all different shapes and sizes brought together on a sandy, barren courtyard filled with grunting men and women trying their best to bruise the other to submission. In the far corner, the Pycon he'd come looking for. Ahh, Hammer Fist. A Pycon slightly taller than Arch, but different in every way - soot-grey clay and a body resembling a human arm, a hand cresting the top and a misshapen face pressed against the palm. There was a reason the other fighters were keeping their eyes off. "Ahh, you'll see, soon enough." One paw reached over his shoulder, and soon found what he was looking for - a wooden training sword, seven or eight inches long at best. His Py-Sword.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Just Another Day.

Postby Ssharathassorin on November 10th, 2014, 10:52 pm

This Pycon known as hammer fist was engaged in an arm wrestle with Sorin, as the strength of a Pycon was not equal to their size, Sorin equites a lot more strength than he thought he needed, although the Dhani had more than enough strength to overpower the Pycon, he was still surprise at how much force was needed nevertheless. After getting the arm Pycon to tap out at long last he stood, flexing his shoulder, in his human form he stood about 6'6" which still to were above most in the arena, but then he saw a little boy and approached him, taking a knee he said "Run along now little one, thisss iss no placce for a child".

Not really waiting for an answer from the child he turned about and headed back towards the arena as he said slowly and loudly "I'm looking for sssomeone to facce me! In a no holds barred wresssstling match, weapons are allowed, but the win condithhion isss ssssubmissssion, not mortal woundssss, we don't want to give the healerssss to hard a time now hmmm?". However it was only when he spun around after removing all but a very baggy loincloth from himself he saw the boy from before had a small squirrel on his shoulder, before shrugging it off and looking around.
Ssharathassorin
Player

Words: 7781
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 10:21 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Just Another Day.

Postby Archailist on November 11th, 2014, 7:47 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

The squirrel-squire and page almost cringed in unison at the sight of a man walking through the various fighters. Well, that's one way to attract attention, I suppose. A quick glance even confirmed Gerard was keeping a close eye on the man dismissing children from the pits and shouting as though he damn near owned the place. It wasn't that Archailist wasn't used to seeing particularly 'cocky' visitors from other cities and regions trying their luck; he'd never seen one walking through the middle of a training ground shouting out at nearly everyone there. Maybe he's just not accustomed to our.. hmm. Culture. True enough, it'd taken the squirrel quite a while to adjust to life in Nyka.

Either way, he'd make a good opponent. He didn't answer straight away, though. Instead he tapped Adem on the side of the cheek, before pointing down at the other Pycon just rising from the arm-wrestle. Adem didn't need much more prompting, and lifted up a hand for the squirrel to ride down to the ground safely. "Ha, since when have you begun challenging Dhani, Fist?" It was almost blatant that the man was far from human. He shared the same silibant pronunciation of Suresslynn, the other Dhani he knew of. Fist refused to say anything until she was back on her feet - the little wrestle they'd shared had been a little rough. The grey Pycon said nothing until she was upright and ready again.

"What does it matter?" Well, he couldn't really say anything for that. She was her own Pycon. "Only reason I lost was because we were standing still." With that, she shrugged him off casually and returned to her place at the edges of the Fighters Pit, leaning against the crumbling stone walls and waiting patiently. He could see her weapons were there as well - sometime he'd have to show her the new weapon currently pressed against his back. Not until after he'd tested it though. Especially when his new test subject was practically staring him in the face.

"Adem, why don't you take up a place at the side-lines." He needed to see this, after all. "Being a squire ain't easy, you know. It's about learning to overcome exhaustion, and pain.. it's about preparing for the moment where you could be stood face-to-face with someone who's not going to show you any mercy." The boy nodded - he'd heard the speech a thousand times anyway, for petch's sake - and soon turned and scurried off to the wall near to Fist. Right then. "Hey, you." This was the problem with being only a few inches tall, and trying to approach someone larger than quite a few others standing around the arena. He didn't look anything close to Suresslynn in terms of the body.. and by the way he'd handled himself in that arm-wrestling, he certainly seemed a lot stronger.

"You said you were looking for a match. I dutifully accept." He had to shout a little to try and make himself heard, although that was more thanks to the loud grunts and clashes of steel all around them. Fathers teaching sons in the arts of the long-sword, brawlers who'd made names for themselves in Sunberth and migrated - he swore that he could even see a monk among the crowds, orange-ish robes flapping about noisily as he delivered a series of harsh punches to a man's stomach before dropping down suddenly into a crouch and spinning with his shin catching on his opponents ankles, sending him off his own feet in an instant. Huh.. Uphis or Xannos.. There was no point wasting time trying to remember.

"As long as I can try out my new sword, of course." With that, he slowly pulled the sword from its place at his back, causing the clay that had gripped it to swallow up the gap and reattach. "I'll be practicing with it, after all." Out of the corner of his lidless eye, he could see Fist suddenly perking up and almost leaning forwards off the wall to get a better look at the weapon. Well, it wasn't like she'd ever seen a thing even remotely like it before. Nobody had, for that matter. "Is that alright, hmm?"
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Just Another Day.

Postby Katelyn Marks on December 30th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Due Rewards

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

Archailist
Skills
➢ Socialization 2
➢ Observation 2
➢ Leadership 1

Lores
➢ Leadership: Tutoring a Page

Comments: Sorry I couldn't give you more. I did what I could.

Sorin
If you return please message me so that I may reward you for this thread.

If you have any concerns or questions about your rewards please feel free to send me a message. Also, please edit your original grade request and mark it as graded. Thank you and enjoy!
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)