PM to join [S.W.I.] The Hiring

(Markus Andres) (Blackveil's Heart, part 1) The hiring into the investigation of Blackveil's heart - it begins!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[S.W.I.] The Hiring

Postby Fallon on February 25th, 2015, 2:04 pm

Fallon followed quietly, head low, her eyes staring forward with her steps. He was a giant in comparison to her, the floor boards creaking under his steps - not that it worried her too much, this was a set of apartments with people coming and going regularly. No, it would only start to become interesting the moment they came closer to the end target. Waiting quietly, Fallon shrugged and folded her arms beneath her cloak, there was no point in interrupting him, he was to serve as the muscle, the incentive to talk if pure presence did not do a good enough job. As he sized himself up, carefully inspecting as he braced himself against the door.

Ears twitched, straining as she focused on the sense of listening. Eyes narrowed, it strained as she tried to listen through the thin walls, searching for a tell tale sign. Within she could hear the faint movements, the gentle groans of life and the crackle of flames - far from anything definite however in a building consisting of thin walls and rotting steps. Still, with whatever he was doing Fallon invoked the act of patience, summoning in and up from her core the cold, hard efficiency that drove her. Remaining back, she watched with some curiosity the events unfold.

Wood complained, screeching up from a groan into a shout as it splintered and shredded from its holdings. It did not stop there, the piece was ripped free from its hinges, the metal clattering to the floor as it fell, the knight entering fully now to the dumbfound expression of whoever was within. Markus was already shouting by this point - not Fallon saw any real sense for him attempting to reason with the man. They had after all, just trespassed onto the property of another in a rather explosive fashion, dressed for war and ripping on through - it would be an immediate reaction to reach for the instinct of fight or flight. Who, in their right mind would just take what was to come?

And so, as Fallon stepped into view did she bring forth the persona of Bitzer the Red Wolf. Chin lifted, a step around as George managed to arm himself with the fire poker, hand pulled back as he tried to pick out the bigger threat between the two. She straightened, walking tall into the room as the man got up to his feet. Teeth parted, forming up into a wolfish grin as she stared him down, lips parting to produce that firm, rough tone of the other persona, "Hello George, don't mind us just dropping in now."

She was stepping around Markus then, slowly and carefully as he reacted to her voice with a flinch. Retaliation came next, the wrought iron swinging down at her haphazardly. With a quick step she was to one side, shoulder dropping as she twisted. A quicker step in the gauntlet covered left reached up and forward, clapping around the striking hand, her eyes glaring as squeezed it gently, "Now now... no need for that is there?" She stepped right into his space then, craning her head up so she could look him in the eye - he was taller after all - "It would be unfortunate if something happened to you, wouldn't it now?" She pressed her free hand against him then, foot stepping between his as it raised in an attempt to hook around the back of his leg, "So, why don't you just sit down."

Shoving him firmly then, her foot jerking back to return to her, George tumbled, arms flailing he hit the floor arse first, still dumbly clutching the poker. Fallon gave a press of the boot into his chest, her eyes burning down as she pressed him further. It was slowly that her hand moved once more, and snatched the poker from him - before throwing it across the room discarded. He managed to finally then release a tremble of words then.

"You! You what do you want? I dun nothin'!"
"Not what my client say's George,"
She tutted then, leaning down closer to his face, "Now, he said you've got something of his."
"Bull shyke I have! Told you, I dun nothin'!"
"Please don't make this hard on yourself George,"
She gave a glance back to Markus then, "See, my friend Lion, he might have to gobble up a little rat like you. And well, I'd rather he didn't have to." The fingers held the man's chin turning it so it could look to the knight with widening eyes, "Lots of mess, repercussions, things to deal with... So, how about this. I'm going to say some words, and you're going to answer those words." Inhaling she spoke, "Blackveil's heart."
"Shut up whore!"

Fallon's expression cooled and darkened, the grip around his chin shifting so it gripped around his jaw. It was then she breathed to him, "Do not test my patience. For I will unleash a Hai upon you, George, unlike any you have seen. I will repeat myself. Blackveil's heart, I've been told you've had some you have sticky fingers and an interest in something..."
"Duvil..."
he breathed back, "Shyking..."
"Said you hid yourself away up in here when it went missing, awfully suspicious don't you think? You could help us so easily though, no one will save you now after all. Least, no one but yourself,"
the thumb of her free hand cocked back towards the door, "You saw what he did to your door... now, imagine what would happen if that was you. Your flesh. Your bones. Your blood." Fallon let the image sink in then, his skin growing increasingly pale by the tick, "Pretty messy don't you think? So where were we?"
"You can't... can't..."
"Can't what?"
she asked, gaze turning the room as if searching for a potential incentive, "Speak up now. I can't hear you tell me about what you did with it." She spoke to Markus then, though her gaze did not shift, "Please, by all means help me encourage the man get back to his feet."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[S.W.I.] The Hiring

Postby Markus Andres on March 3rd, 2015, 1:16 pm

Kvist was a little amazed by the man's will to live. Two people barge into his room and he arm himself with a poker. Like that would stop either of them, but at least he didn't merely whimper in the corner like a coward. More importantly, he didn't barge through a window or resist either of them, or it would get messy very quickly. As a contrast to the man, there was Fallon. Calm. Collected. She had done this before it seemed or was quick to hold a certain façade when it came to her work. Kvist had only adopted a slight frown as his neutral expression. The contrast in cleanliness was also obvious. For the smell was quite unlike the regular stench of Sunberth. A man cooped up in his own room for this long - the result was obvious. Kvist grimaced and was reminded of some of the hotter days in Syliras where the stench of sweat was everywhere. Fallon showed the man to the ground and Kvist didn't bother to stop Fallon, only if she got more aggressive. It was obvious Fallon wasn't about to ask nicely, aggressive method straight away and scare the information out of him. Compel him to see reason that if he does not spill the information, the two of them would more than able to ensure he spills something. It was the way Sunberth worked. Kvist would've preferred to drag him into a room and interrogate him properly and not on a fly like this. Fallon disarmed the man and for Kvist the poker didn't mean much, but to George, he was now weaponless and thus defenceless. A psychological factor, especially when Kvist looked like he could snap him in two with ease. Kvist had to hide a smirk when George foolishly decided to respond to Fallon's line of questioning by calling her a whore. For the first time Kvist felt like he might have to restrain Fallon. But she kept her cool - but Kvist noted the change of tone.

Kvist rolled his shoulders to loosen himself up. The moment for simple questions had passed. Soon he would be called up to show the alternative to answering the questions. Which was talking to a 'brute' like Kvist. Kvist knew interrogation techniques and this was one of the basic ones. Awfully effective though when one had someone of Kvist's size - or an Akalak to back you up.

Kvist approached the man without changing expression. George backed up as far as he could until his back hit the wall. Kvist reached down to pick him up. The man slapped his arms out at the knight and Kvist pushed them aside. "Don't be silly." He said annoyed as he grabbed him by the collar. Kvist really wished he wore gloves as he'd have to scrub his hands clean after this shyke - Duvil said the truth when he said greasy. He hoisted the man up with ease. George was a lightweight. The knight rose him above the ground and - almost - casually slammed him against the nearest wall. A good smack to ensure he knew the risks if he didn't tell them what had happened to Blackveil's heart.

"Where did you hide it?" He said firmly as he rose the man up higher against the wall. Fallon would need to take over the questioning. If she needed the man on the ground, he'd let go of him and let him drop.

Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

[S.W.I.] The Hiring

Postby Fallon on March 3rd, 2015, 6:47 pm

In honesty, Fallon was trying to not think about the smell too much. It stunk and burned at her senses, leaving a sickening sensation in her bit the more she found herself inhaling it. Lips split as the knight went about his way, playing the necessary part as she began her more blunt tooled interrogation tricks. Scare them into giving information. Markus performed most admirably, stepping over while Fallon peeled himself away. George gave his half shriek, attempting to struggle as the knight lifted him up to his feet - almost like an adult with a child would - before pressing him against the wall.

Fallon simply stood back, silent as the man struggled against the inevitable fate. He watched the toes wriggle there, finding no purchase on the floor below, while he asked in his own voice. The entire man seemed to judder, sweat breaking from his brow as Fallon closed back in and around to one side. It was slowly she spoke those reassuring words to him about his current predicament.

"You can only help yourself George if you help us," she looked at him then, her eyes narrowing down and refusing to lift, "Why don't you answer him? Do us all a favour?" She heard the whimpering, the low scrape as the man was lifted higher. She let the growl rumble in the back of her throat, the steeled expression burning at him. He was still struggling, in the loosest sense of the word, writhing weakly where he was held. She released a sigh.

"George, I'll only ask you nicely one more time," she grabbed him by the chin then, turning his gaze down to her, "Tell us about Blackveil's heart, where is it?"
"You can't... you can't..."
"Oh I can George, you know this. Do not think I am a creature of empty threats now,"
She growled, lips pulling back into a wolfish grin, "It would be a shame... don't you think for me to have to answer them. No?" She pulled the kukri out then, feeling the weight in her hand as she stepped away padding around the room and speaking in clearer tones, "Blackveil's heart."
"It's not here!"
came the shout.

Her head turned to that then, eyes narrowing down as she stepped back over listening intently to his gibberish for some glimmer of important information, "I don't have it, I don't have it! The lady! She made me do it! She made me get it! Said she pay me handsome coin once it got to her!" Fallon gave a look to Markus and then back to George as he continued his spouting, "Please! Please let me go! I don't have it any more!"
"Where is it then?"
"Not here! My partner took it! He knew the hand over spot, was gonna give it to the lady!"
"What Lady?"
She breathed at him, closing in once more and staring intently, "What partner?"

She watched him bite his lip then considering if he should answer. Her wrist rotated, a low roll of the wrist as she brought the kukri round. There was a brush against his jaw, her voice reverberating out, "What, partner? Do you really value him that much? Does this situation really value you keeping your mouth shut?" She gave a drag of the blade down and away, hearing that drawn in breath tremble out from between his lips, "Now, George. Your partner?" She took the man's hand then, looking at the knuckle joints with interest, "How about this, whenever you refuse to cooperate, I will slowly remove your fingers, one by one until there is there is none left?" She brought the kukri across his knuckles then, slowly beginning to press, "Be a bad thief without your hands in good shape, no?" She burned her gaze upon him then, slowly pressing inwards, "So how abou-"
"Asin! Asin!"
He cried, "Asin has it! He's the one who took it! Said he had to take it to this veiled lady!"

He was sobbing now, begging to be let go. Fallon sighed, "And where can I find Asin? Come now George, I don't want to have to do this either. But, is he here helping you now? I don't think so."
A moment of whimpering silence was left between, "I met him... met him at the Fish. Please. Please let me go, I didn't want any trouble. I just..."
"Lion,"
she spoke then, pulling away and making her way to the door, "Let him go. We're done here." Fallon watched the man drop, curling up almost protectively in a ball. Such was the ilk of Sunberth, cowardly and frightened when separated as so. She wiped the kukri upon her sleeve, before returning it to its sheath. With her the gentle, clinking footfall sounded until she paused at the doorway to look back in, "Thank you for your cooperation George, it is appreciated." And with that, Fallon stepped and away, the faint starting strings of information tickling at her senses. It was going to be interesting indeed.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[S.W.I.] The Hiring

Postby Amora Jade on April 8th, 2015, 1:45 am

Congratulations, you've been awarded!

Fallon
Skills
  • Leadership +1
  • Negotiation +1
  • Interrogation +5
  • Intimidation +3
  • Unarmed Combat +1
Lores
  • Job: Retrieve Blackveil's Heart
Earnings/Expenses
  • -3sm: Bribery

Markus
Skills
  • Rhetoric +3
  • Interrogatoin +2
  • Flux +1
  • Intimidation +2
Lores
  • Job: Retrieve Blackveil's Heart
  • Fallon: Experienced in the area of interrogation

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a private message! Also, please remember to edit your post requesting the grade as "Graded."
With love,
Miss Jade
Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)