PM to join Fever (Garland and Devi)

During the massive snowstorm Sayana becomes ill and is very much in need of help – in terms of health and company.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Devi on February 25th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Garland made a disapproving noise, surprising her.

"Don't be like that Devi, You have plenty of allure, and I'm sure someone has at least found you interesting. You are a bit hard to approach, but under that tough shell, well... You're beautiful!"

She blinked at him as he grinned honestly at her. Devi was always so focused on her work that it tended to define how people saw her. She was more accustomed to becoming ‘part of the furniture’ than receiving such compliments and her heart warmed at the unexpected spin it put on her day.

“5 GM all in all. I’ll leave some more doses of tea to help Sayana strengthen up over the next few days,” she switched her attention to the woman herself, “and I’ll drop in after two days to check you’re improving as you should. Eating enough and like…” she said with narrowed eyes.

The conversation turned to suggestions running back and forth as to how Garland could go about romancing his lady and Devi tuned out, her mind slipping back into routine and running through everything she still needed to do that day. She returned to the table she had been working at, sorting her various herbs and salves into portions ready to be distributed in what she was sure would be another busy day (and night).

Eyeing her dwindling supplies, she thought she may as well take advantage of the fact that her usual pool of patients wouldn’t know where to look for her. She could brave the snows to get to the apothecary, restock then work through her rounds. Shivering a little at the thought of going outside in the current weather she began packing away her things, separating out a few doses to leave with Sayana. The storm seemed to have abated somewhat but it would have left its mark on the streets outside. Devi couldn’t wait for summer to return, when she could travel outside without layers upon layers of clothes to keep herself warm.

"Devi! You have been such a wonderful help! I wouldn't have known what to do if you weren't here! Gods, I owe you big time, Devi!"

She turned back to her friend and smiled.

“Garland you owe me nothing. My skills will always be available when you need them.”

She turned back to Sayana and left her medicine close to the bed, pointing them out as she explained what each was for, “These are pouches of Rugberry tea, I’ve separated them out so they should last you a few days. This one has a smidge of Iskyny added to it – I want you to take that one tonight to make sure you get a good night’s sleep. This,” she added, pointing out a tiny bottle, “is Mandrake. If your coughing starts getting bad then add a few drops to your tea with some honey – it tastes like river-sludge but it really will help.”

She stood and headed towards the door, “Much as I would love to stay I have a lot more people to see today, most of them looking much like you! Come find me if you need me ok?”
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Sayana on March 1st, 2015, 11:38 pm

Sayana listened contentedly as Garland chattered on. He was nervous, but that could be expected. The Eypharian had been his first… well whatever they were, but this girl seemed to be his first real girlfriend and someone closer to his experience. It was almost like watching out for a younger sibling and helping them get it right, or at least not too wrong. Sayana momentarily thought back to her younger sister Karu. What a prime example Sayana had been, she thought ironically.

As the squire carried on Sayana smiled as he fought so hard to figure things out to get them right. Of course, location was a good place to start when planning a date, but the real charm was what happened there. And even though he seemed nervous and flustered now, Sayana had faith in her squire friend.

“Well... I still think I need to iron out the details, but everything seems to be in order.”

“I think you’ll do just fine Garland,” Sayana said tenderly. And if it didn’t work out then she’d be there to console him and he’ll have gained an important (even if disappointing) experience. At this point she didn’t have much else to say since he had started making conclusions for himself. Besides, she was starting to fade and even with the present company she wasn’t sure how long she’d be able to stay attentive.

As Garland thanked the doctor, Sayana gave a nod and added, “I really appreciate you coming here Devi. And you too Garland. Without you… well things had been looking so bleak.” She reached out with a mid hand to squeeze Garland’s hand gently. After that Sayana shifted to lie down more upon the bed. When Devi came over with the various herbs and teas, Sayana focused on remembering the healer’s instructions and explanations.

“Rugberry tea, and the first one for tonight has Iskyny,” she murmured quietly. “And Mandrake for coughing. The one in the bottle.”

She was tired and actually a bit relieved when Devi said she’d be heading off. Sayana hated the idea of telling people to leave, especially after craving company for days on end, but the company would also keep her from getting good sleep. More out of excitement than anything else.

“I should probably go to sleep, Garland,” she said quietly as she settled herself completely on the bed. She felt a minor chill run down her leg and she wrapped the blankets more tightly about herself. But that’s all it was, a minor chill. She stifled a soft yawn as her eyes drooped. “I- I hope to see you when I wake up,” she said quietly to Garland. She was a bit hesitant about making such a request since was first and foremost a squire with duties but she genuinely hoped to see his face again soon so she wouldn’t have to struggle through it alone. “And your date… best of luck.” It didn’t take her long to drift off. Despite the excitement of the company the exhaustion took hold of her in short order.

OOCUnless anyone says otherwise, I'll submit this for grading. I think we're done here.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Plume on March 26th, 2015, 5:57 am

Sayana
Observation +5 XP
Interrogation +3 XP
Intelligence +4 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Endurance +2 XP
Philosophy +2 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Herbalism +1 XP

Lores :
  • Syliras: The Snowstorm of 514
  • Succumbing to a Cold Admist a Snowstorm
  • Garland to the Rescue!
  • Devi: Garland's Friend and Doctor
  • Devi: Healing is Her Life
  • Doctors: Holding People's Lives in Their Hands
  • Garland: In Need of Love Advice
  • Devi: A Prescription of Rugberry Tea and Mandrake
  • Rugberry Tea with Iskyny: For Better Sleeping
  • Mandrake: For Coughing, Add Honey for Taste

Loot :
-2GM for soup

Garland
Observation +5 XP
Interrogation +4 XP
Leadership +3 XP
Socialization +4 XP
Planning +3 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Body Building +1 XP
Philosophy +1 XP

Shield Points +2 (helping citizen)

Lores :
  • Delivering Firewood to Sayana in a Blizzard
  • Finding Sayana with a Fever
  • Enlisting Devi to Heal Sayana
  • Revisiting Old Man Servus
  • Devi: You're a Looker!
  • Confessing Crush to Sayana and Devi
  • Attract a Girl with Confidence, Passion, and Perhaps a Gift

Loot :
-5GM for Sayana's treatment

Devi
Observation +5 XP
Medicine +3 XP
Herbalism +1 XP
Intelligence +4 XP
Leadership +2 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Interrogation +1 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Philosophy +2 XP

Lores :
  • Garland: In Need of Help for a Sick Friend
  • Sayana: Dancer and Garland's Dear Friend
  • Sayana: Eypharian Who Works at the Rearing Stallion
  • Sayana: Something Infectious
  • Socialization With Another Person Can be Nice
  • Garland: In Love with a Crazy Woman?
  • Prescribing Sayana Rugberry Tea and Mandrake

Loot :
+5GM for Sayana's treatment

Notes :
Good job everyone! It was a sweet and well written thread, props to all. Just one small note, try to avoid copying and pasting too much of each other's dialogue word for word. Go for paraphrasing as using other players' dialogue verbatim is frowned upon. Otherwise enjoyed this thread very much and look forward to reading more of your writing!

Cheers :D
Plume
May I tickle your fancy?

Words: 139803
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 8:22 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous