PM to join Fever (Garland and Devi)

During the massive snowstorm Sayana becomes ill and is very much in need of help – in terms of health and company.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Garland on January 27th, 2015, 3:24 pm

Garland sat beside his friend, happy that Doctor Devi was on the case. He moved out of Devi's way, probably he was worried that maybe he might do something to make things worse, but he wanted to stay beside his ailing friend, and help her get better.

But right now, he needed to let the doctor work. He took the money and walked towards the door. "I'll be right back and I hope she's better when I get back, and I'll see if I can get some other things she might need as well." He opened the door and ran out. He wanted to get back as soon as possible, so he ran through the halls, making sharp turns and quick movements, he wasn't the fastest runner, or the smartest, but he was worried about his friend and that was enough for him to go on a made sprint to the bazaar.

"Wait... What did she need? Some warm soup, some more firewood and more food? I might check for some medical supplies in the apothecary." Garland said to himself. A man looked at the Garland which was apparently talking to himself.

He stopped and ran out through the snow and through the crowded streets of Syliras, doing his best to avoid any passerby that found themselves in front of the running squire. His lungs were burning and his heart racing, as he made his way to through the city. He stopped by his old boss' place, a kindly old man that helped the squire build up his body through hard work.

"Old man Servus? Are you in there?" Garland called out and walked into the little carpentry shop, old wooden trinkets and baubles were littered about, even some toys for young children. He went over to the counter where an old man was craving out a small wooden horse. He didn't pay in mizas, but he did pay in toys for the children to go around and sell some of them. Also for the older, stronger kids, he would give them wooden swords or wooden shields, for helping collecting firewood and other materials he could use.

"Ahh, Garland my boy. My oh my, you have grown since the last time I've seen you." Servus slowly stood up from his seat and walked over to his old apprentice. "Ahh, I've see you've taken the road to knighthood, it will be a long road for you to take."

"It's nice to see you too, Servus. I was actually wondering if you have any spare firewood I could buy." He asked and placed down one gold miza. "This should cover about two bundles." He said and looked around for said bundles.

"My boy, that will get you two and a half, employee discount." He gave a toothless smile and called out to some of the older kids to go fetch some firewood.

"I don't exactly work here anymore, Servus." Garland said and looked at a crudely made toy knight on a high shelf. "You still have this? I can't believe you kept this." He said and looked at his first and last sculpted toy. It's arms weren't the same length and the head was much too big for the body and it could not stand up straight without the prop Servus made for the toy.

"Always keep them around. Every single one of my employee's creations." He pointed to a shelf with other crudely made wooden figurines and toys. "It helps me remember the... I wouldn't say good, but they were the old days."

Garland smiled at the old man and went over to pick up the large bundle of firewood that looked like it was worth three of the small bundles. Servus might have given a bit more to the boy for old times sake. "Thanks Servus. I'll come around to see you sometime soon." With that, he ran off with the bundle in tow.

Servus gave a sad smile and sat back down to work on his toy project. "They always say that..."

With the firewood in tow, now he needed to get some food for Sayana. He started making his way towards the Rearing Stallion, hopefully they do have soup on the menu today.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Devi on January 31st, 2015, 8:33 pm

Devi looked around the apartment again once Garland had left to get supplies. She wasn’t all that accustomed to being alone with a patient. It was unusual for a native Syliran to live by themselves so being a visiting doctor usually meant she didn’t have to make much conversation, which suited her just fine. On the occasion that she was alone she kept herself occupied cleaning and tidying the place. Those who did live alone tended to be those that struggled to take care of themselves, particularly when they were ill.

Still, that wasn’t the case here. That, aside from Sayana’s obvious heritage, told her that her patient wasn’t a native Syliran. In fact her apartment was quite sparse. It had all of the essentials but none of the little knick-knacks that personality and lifestyle demanded be added. Devi watched Sayana obediently drinking her tea and found herself feeling restless. There was nothing to clean. There would be nothing substantial to feed Sayana until Garland returned and the young woman really needed to eat before she rested again.

Thinking about what she would be doing were she in her own apartment Devi sat on one of the chairs at the table close to the hearth and pulled out her supplies of herbs, bottles and little pouches. It would keep her hands occupied to be mixing portions of tea and Gods only knew she’d be thankful for the forethought later. She could also make note of which she was running low on so she could pick some up when Sayana was taken care of.

With barely a glance she could tell that she was going to need more Rugberry, supplies of the tea already dwindling. It happened in Winter though, even when people weren’t ill they were still happy to pay for something that would warm them up. She carefully measured out individual portions with deft and practiced hands, pulling out her journal absently so she could make a note of how many portions she had left.

Without drawing her eyes away from her work she addressed Sayana, feeling the need to fill the silence somewhat.

“So… uh, tell me what kind of work you do. You mentioned a tavern?”

Work was usually a safe subject. The kind of things that really piqued Devi’s interest tended to result in her asking questions usually reserved for a much closer friendship. She didn’t get to treat many Eypharians, though the additional arms had always fascinated her. Devi never seemed to have enough limbs to manage everything she wanted to do at once. She’d often daydreamed about the possibilities if she had even one extra set of arms. Of course, that always led her to think about how it was all connected inside the body, whether anything needed to be shifted around or adapted. She had a feeling that if she ever had the chance to cut into an Eypharian corpse she’d have whole chapters of her journal dedicated to it.

Aaand there it is… Deviana Blackwood – medical marvel, conversational catastrophe. Stick to talking about work.
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Sayana on February 1st, 2015, 10:02 pm

“Bye Garland. Be back soon.” Sayana said forcing a cheerful tone to keep up her spirits up and giving him a wave of one of her free hands. This time she was less panicked by his departure but she was still comforted by his presence. He seemed eager to be off and probably eager to return, but at least Devi would be here with her. Or at least she better stay. As the Eypharian carefully sipped her tea she glanced over at the doctor as if confirming that Devi had no plans to leave. The redhead looked around the room and Sayana was again reminded just how bare it was.

For once Sayana was quiet as she sipped her tea and tried to keep her breath steady to keep from coughing. The doctor seemed almost a little anxious as if she wanted to do something to help but couldn’t. Eventually Devi sat down at the table. What if Devi couldn’t help much? What if the sickness was already past the point of curing? Sayana shook her head of the dark thoughts and focused on the soothing warm tea. It was no longer burning hot and it warmed her on the inside.

The doctor seemed quiet, reserved, and quite focused on her various pouches and some book she had. Sayana almost didn’t want to break the woman’s concentration but it was Devi who broke the silence first.

“So… uh, tell me what kind of work you do. You mentioned a tavern?”

“Oh yes, the Rearing Stallion,” Sayana replied and visibly brightened up at the mention of the place. “I dance there, put on shows, even do a little music when they are strapped for a bard. I’m not very good at the music part, but I can get enough instruments going with my hands to dance to.”

Her chatter paused briefly for a few coughs and a sip of the tea before returning in full force. “I really like it there too, and Remi is such a darling. She’ll sometimes even give me a taste of this or that depending on what she’s making. Kevith is much stricter but he means well. And I don’t have to worry about using my daggers on people when he’s around, not like in Ahnatep.”

With another long sip of the tea she finished it off. “Oh, and I’m sorry that my house looks like this. I just got my wages from Ser Kevith but then that storm hit and… Well I’m going to completely redo this dingy little place. There will be furniture, couches, dishes, cookware… and I’m trying to learn to cook from Remi. And I’ve already bought some brightly coloured fabrics for the walls. They just have to be made. And then I can properly invite people to my home.”

She smiled at the thought of household plans. Some of it she had already considered and implemented earlier but ever since the depressing storm her ideas only stayed in the back of her mind. Now with far less gloomy prospects she could start figuring out what she wanted and how much it would cost. After a moment, Sayana figured that even though Devi was likely the listening type it was only polite to ask her about herself.

“And what of you? Is healing just your work or is it your passion? Or is there something else that you have dreamed of doing but there was always something blocking your way?” Sayana paused and then grinned at the reserved doctor. “Or you know, just a hobby if you don’t want to go that deep with a complete stranger.”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Garland on February 2nd, 2015, 3:28 pm

He had been dragging the large bundle of firewood snow through the busy streets of the city, he needed to make his way towards the Rearing Stallion and get some hot soup. He made it to the outside of the tavern.

He had been pulling the bundle of firewood along the street and snow, he picked it up and entered the building, it was a nice reprieve from the cold and he was tempted to stay for a while, but he was on a mission to help his friend and he wasn't about to let her down.

He went over and ordered up some soup, luckily it was on the menu today, he got an extra serving just for Sayana, he explained that this was for Sayana, they let him borrow a small pot to fill with the soup. He placed down 2 gm for the for the soup in the pot, which could hold about four bowels worth of soup.

He didn't stay long and tied the rope of the bundle of firewood to his waist. and carried the pot of soup with his hands and ran out, back towards the apartments. The soup was hot and he could feel his hands getting a bit warm, he was glad of the cold weather, he didn't want to burn his hands.

He went over to Sayana's door and knocked with his foot, he couldn't exactly open the door. "Devi, I got the stuff!"

As the door opened, he walked in and placed the pot above the fire and the bundle of firewood near the fireplace. "Here's the extra gold, I didn't use all of it." He place the gold on the table. "How is she?"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Devi on February 11th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Devi listened to Sayana chattering away and felt the tension ease out of her. It was nice to just sit and listen to someone. She had never been the talkative type. Unless the conversation involved something that really got her brain working most of her musings were internal. There was also something interesting about listening to someone talking about their loves and she could tell right from the start that Sayana loved to dance. It perked her up better than any medicine could.

Devi had never understood people who went through their lives just living day-to-day. To her it seemed a foreign concept not to plan and dream, to go through life without that burning desire to leave some kind of mark on the world. With that musing fresh in her mind Devi’s interest piqued when her patient mentioned Ahnatep. It fuelled the thought at the back of her mind that niggled away at her now and then. She had never travelled further than the woods surrounding the city and the farmlands to the south. It was a settled life in Syliras and from what she heard was a lot safer than many other parts of the world. Still, the greatest discoveries were always laced with risk. It often made her curious.

She smiled a little when Sayana started talking about decorating her apartment, even apologising for its appearance. Devi thought about her own sparse accommodation. She ate, slept, studied and reflected there. She went there to get some space from people. That was probably why she never had any visitors. That and her constantly telling people to go away. Still, she was adamant that her living quarters were never going to become an infirmary. People in her neighbourhood had boundary issues as it was – Devi rather liked that her apartment was forbidden space.

“And what of you? Is healing just your work or is it your passion? Or is there something else that you have dreamed of doing but there was always something blocking your way?”

Devi turned to see the young dancer’s face light up into a grin. “Or you know, just a hobby if you don’t want to go that deep with a complete stranger.”

She found herself returning the smile. There was something a little infectious about her newest patient, illness aside. She tilted her head slightly and wondered how to answer the question. Unusually enough people didn’t ask her why she did what she did all that often. Healers were always in demand – it was the nature of a society that was borne from cataclysm. If people wondered at the question then they assumed an answer without actually consulting her.

“Healing is… my everything.” She had paused in her work to think but continued as the words began to flow easier. “My life doesn’t really exist outside of it. You apologise for your apartment being bare but I’ve lived in mine for years and you’d think it’s not lived in. I eat and sleep there but otherwise I’m out and I’m treating someone or studying, anything I can get my hands on.”

She chuckled dryly, mostly to herself. “That probably explains my general lack of social allure. It’s difficult to build up a rapport with someone when the only subjects that animate you tend towards the complex and the macabre. Still, on a much more base level healing does fire my passions. There’s an incredible amount of power in holding someone’s life in your hands…”

Wonderful. Now you sound like a serial-killer.

It was far too easy to open up to Sayana. Devi frowned a little, wondering at how such seemingly innocent questions had managed to draw so much out of her even in those few sentences. Fortunately her thoughts were interrupted by a muffled knock at the door. She put down her things and hurried to let Garland back in, laden with all the supplies she sent him out to get.

Her mind snapped instantly back into routine and her whole body relaxed now that she had what she needed to continue Sayana’s treatment. Garland asked after his friend, immediately seeking her out in the room.

“She could probably tell you that better herself – her voice hasn’t run out of power just yet.”

Devi set to work bringing the hearty soup Garland had returned with to the bedside, along with a spoon and a stern gleam in her eye, “Though she’ll have to manage between mouthfuls. You can eat as slowly as you like but it would be good if you can finish this – you need the energy.”
Devi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Sayana on February 14th, 2015, 10:48 pm

“Holding someone’s life in your hands…” Sayana repeated in a quiet murmur. She had never thought about it in that fashion. Doctors, well they were usually kind people who tended this or that. But if there was something really serious… then it would only be with their help that the person would survive. A chill shot down her spine unrelated to the fever as she recalled of how one of her good friends had not made it through childbirth. But her dark thoughts were fortunately interrupted by a knock at the door.

She stood up suddenly and for a moment felt light headed. Maybe it was about time to eat something more substantial. She rested her low hands lightly on the bed as if to steady herself and then thought better of it and returned to sitting on the edge of the bed. It looked as though Garland had brought both some firewood and a big pot of something. Probably soup. She rearranged the tangled mess of her blankets to cover her lap and also wrap partly around her back.

"How is she?"

“She could probably tell you that better herself – her voice hasn’t run out of power just yet.”

Sayana gave a weak smile. Of course she had been chattering. The five days of solitude had nearly killed her and the fever was merely throwing the last punch. “I’m starting to feel a bit better.” Almost on cue she started coughing again. Even though Devi had brought the soup to her she had to hold up a hand, gesturing silently that the doctor would have to wait for it to subside. After a few moments the Eypharian was able to inhale and exhale with a trembling breath but without it being interrupted by more coughing. “As I was saying… I think I’m starting to feel better. I’m not quite so cold.”

She took the spoon carefully from the healer and slowly began eating the soup. It wasn’t as hot as the tea, but it was probably just as well so she wouldn’t burn her tongue. Regardless, it felt nice on her throat and in her stomach, further driving away her chills. The chills had been the worst and they had pervaded her body even when she was under all her blankets. But now with the heat of the fire and the blanket half wrapped about her, they weren’t so intense and piercing.

After a few more spoonfuls of soup Sayana thanked the squire. “It’s really good and it’s still warm too. Thank you Garland.” The dancer had probably eaten half a normal portion of soup when she began slowing down. How much did the healer want her to eat? Surely not the whole pot. The soup was certainly nice on the back of her throat but it was starting to feel like a chore to drink so much.

She set the spoon down in the bowl, leaving a good portion uneaten. “Does it always get so cold here? In the winter?” By now she was starting to feel a bit tired. She shifted to lie down on the bed but on her side and near the edge so she wouldn’t miss out on any of the conversation.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Garland on February 15th, 2015, 5:28 am

He gave a small relieved sigh. "I'm glad you're feeling better, Sayana." Garland leaned on the wall and looked at Devi and Sayana. "I hope you two are bonding well enough." He went over to Sayana and sat down beside her.

He placed his hand on her head. She felt much better, she was still hot, but much less so. "Is there anything else you need Devi? Sayana? More blankets? Maybe some coffee at The Bean?"

He smiled at Devi. "Thanks for helping her. I can pay for her bills, and I won't take no for an answer." He went over to the fireplace and put in a few sticks to keep the fire going. "This is not how I expected my day to go, but I'm glad I'm here to help. I actually wanted to talk to you Sayana."

He looked at Sayana and Devi. "Well... I think I may be... I dunno how to say it..." He took a deep breath. "I think... I may be in love~" He said with a tiny blush and looked around to Devi and Sayana. "Tell no one, alright? I'm not sure that she likes me yet, and I wanted to ask how do I woo her. I mean, you must have had plenty of guys come to you before."

He gave a wishful sigh. "She's just so... different~ Like a... a storm! She's like a storm, she's wild and crazy and dangerous, but there's a certain beauty to it. I can't think straight when I talk to her. She's... Like a cat or something, she's adorable and will most likely try to claw you if you wrong her. She's like a puppy, she has boundless energy, and I can't take my eyes off her."

He said with lovestruck eyes, he snapped out of it, and blushed. "Uhh Well, I wanted to ask for advice from Sayana. Whenever she feels better that is. Right now, you should get some rest."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Devi on February 22nd, 2015, 10:11 am

Devi nodded in approval as Sayana finished a good portion of the soup and positioned herself close to the edge of the bed so she was still close enough to talk to them. She felt her lips twitch into a smile – the Eypharian beauty had been weak and ill for days and yet she seemed all the more alive with just a few people around her for company. Devi found that she would be curious to see Sayana when she was at her best, dancing and entertaining at the tavern she mentioned. The doctor had a feeling the place would be a good deal quieter without her.

Garland had immediately offered to cover Sayana’s medical expenses. It was a kindness she had seen in him when they spent time in the orphanage. He hadn’t seemed happy to spend more time there and yet whenever his little friends needed him, he was there. She wasn’t at all surprised that the two had become friends.

“Does it always get so cold here? In the winter?”

“Unfortunately yes, though I must admit it’s been particularly bitter this year. It’s certainly been keeping me on my feet.”

In the corner of her eye she could see Garland fidgeting. His relief that Sayana would be ok was palpable but it was almost like with that worry off his mind he had turned to something else that was gnawing at him.

“I would guess that the climate you’re used to is a great deal warmer. If so then you’ll have to tell me all about it sometime. I’m always happier when I’m warm and outside. Winter is far too stifling for my tastes.”

She could see that Sayana, keen eyed as she was, had also noticed Garland’s distraction. At the pause in their conversation he turned to them both and everything that had been whirling around in his head seemed to spill out all at once.

"This is not how I expected my day to go, but I'm glad I'm here to help. I actually wanted to talk to you Sayana."

"Well... I think I may be... I dunno how to say it..." He took a deep breath, as though to steady himself, "I think... I may be in love."

Devi blinked. Of everything that Garland could have brought up, this she had not expected. She saw a hint of blush creeping into his cheeks as he went on.

"Tell no one, alright? I'm not sure that she likes me yet, and I wanted to ask how do I woo her. I mean, you must have had plenty of guys come to you before."

As she listened a single thought pervaded her mind, He's definitely aiming this at Sayana now.

"She's just so... different. Like a... a storm! She's like a storm, she's wild and crazy and dangerous, but there's a certain beauty to it. I can't think straight when I talk to her. She's... Like a cat or something, she's adorable and will most likely try to claw you if you wrong her. She's like a puppy, she has boundless energy, and I can't take my eyes off her."

They were silent for a moment. The girl, whoever she was, sounded crazy. Crazy and temperamental. Devi had no idea why these were preferable qualities but then with as much energy as Garland always seemed to have perhaps it would be good for him if he found someone to match.

“I’m afraid I have very little experience with wooing anyone, let alone stormy, cute-as-puppy girls using claws to release their displeasure.” She met Sayana’s coffee-brown eyes, “It would be that general lack of allure we talked about. This one’s all yours…”
Devi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Sayana on February 23rd, 2015, 11:16 pm

Sayana was very grateful for Garland’s help, and flattered that he would offer to pay for it too. She was almost tempted to speak up and offer her own coins, but she decided to let him have the pleasure of having this one. However, what she did not expect was what came next.

"I think... I may be in love~"

“You’re in love Garland??” Sayana practically squealed in delight. At the news she forced herself up to a sitting position and beamed at the blushing squire. “I’m so happy for you, tell me everything.”

As the squire spoke of the girl, wild, playful, dangerous yet beautiful, it was clear how much he’d grown attached to this woman and how much excitement and joy she brought to him. As he finished his lovestruck tale, Sayana was hardly going to just lay there in attempts to get better. And especially since her doctor had given express permission to explain away.

“Garland, this is so wonderful. And you’re wanting to know how to keep her?” Sayana actually had to pause for a moment as she thought about all the many ways a man might woe his lady. A couple time she had been asked by female friends how to entice a man, but this was the first time a male friend had asked. “Let me see… You could always get her a gift. A flower, some jewelry, something to pretty her face – except not as though you think her face is ugly.”

She paused, and suddenly realized one of the best means of winning a girl. “But if you really want to attract a girl, it is with confidence. Confidence, passion, and not like ‘love’ passion, though that can help. But passion for what you believe in, passion in what you do and what you love. And if for whatever reason you’re not feeling confident, maybe you’re shy, then go find that place or that situation where you are confident. Yet remember to be true to yourself. If you have to hide yourself from her now, then you might end up doing it for the rest of your days.”

She stopped to think about the advice she had just given him. It might not be so straight forward, maybe he just wanted ‘steps’ on how to woe a girl. Love was never quite so simple. “That might be a little up there,” she said with a wave in the air. “But if you just need ideas, then yes, gifts, compliments, maybe teasing her just a little. Be flexible to her needs and wants, but don’t be a pushover. If she has you wrapped about her finger, she might get bored one day. If she is keeping you guessing, then you better keep her guessing too.”
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fever (Garland and Devi)

Postby Garland on February 24th, 2015, 12:42 pm

"Anyway, how much will this costDoes this count as a job for Devi? If so would she get the extra gold Garland would spend?, Devi?" He asked and fished out his coin purse. It was more of a rough sack that held his money. He never actually understood why people would get expensive fabrics for a place to put your coins.

“I’m afraid I have very little experience with wooing anyone, let alone stormy, cute-as-puppy girls using claws to release their displeasure. It would be that general lack of allure we talked about. This one’s all yours…”

Garland gave a small "hmmpt" at Devi. "Don't be like that Devi, You have plenty of allure, and I'm sure someone has at least found you interesting. You are a bit hard to approach, but under that tough shell, well... You're beautiful!" He gave a large grin to show that he wasn't joking about Devi's looks.

“Let me see… You could always get her a gift. A flower, some jewelry, something to pretty her face – except not as though you think her face is ugly.”

Garland gave a nervous laugh. "H-Haha, that's not happening, I mean sure a gift would be great, but no flowers, no fru-fru stuff, she might take it as an insult honestly. Oh! And I've already given her something... One of my quartz crystals, it wasn't an expensive jewel but it was pretty to look at though."

“But if you really want to attract a girl, it is with confidence. Confidence, passion, and not like ‘love’ passion, though that can help. But passion for what you believe in, passion in what you do and what you love. And if for whatever reason you’re not feeling confident, maybe you’re shy, then go find that place or that situation where you are confident. Yet remember to be true to yourself. If you have to hide yourself from her now, then you might end up doing it for the rest of your days.”

"Confidence... Hmm... I have plenty of confidence, sometimes to a fault really... I have a few scars to prove that... Though I do get this feeling in my stomach whenever I talk to her, like I say the stupidest things! Which, in retrospect is pretty normal, but around her, I actually notice the dumb things I say!" He said with a slight panic in his voice. He took another calming breath and paced around the room. "Right, confidence, passion and I've got to stay calm... Hmmm... Ah! That reminds me! I have no idea what I need to do on my date tomorrow!" He said with renewed panic, his pacing had quickened and his breathing erratic.

“But if you just need ideas, then yes, gifts, compliments, maybe teasing her just a little. Be flexible to her needs and wants, but don’t be a pushover. If she has you wrapped about her finger, she might get bored one day. If she is keeping you guessing, then you better keep her guessing too.”

"R-Right, Don't give in to everything she wants, just keep her happy, be flexible...Oh gods! I'm just nervous! When I came in here, I was confident that I could get some advice and then be on my way to plan for the date tomorrow, but as soon as we started talking about it, my brain just clicked at the severity of what I'm doing! I've had crushes before, remember Saede? And Avline... And Lora... Lora... It's been a while, I should write to her... Not important right now! Stop and think! Where would she like to go? Somewhere with food, she loves food! Hmm... Kova's Well! Of course it's the most romantic spot in town, and the bazaar isn't too far off and I know a good place that sells some good meat." With his panic, his brain had run on overdrive, his mind had been on a sort of sleeping state for most of his life, never reaching it's full potential, but right now, with panic finally setting in, he mind was working on overtime.

With plans being set up, and his mind working on full for the first time in years, his stress was slowly boiling down. "Right, ummm after Kova's Well, we go and get some food and maybe after that we can go to the Herald's Arms? No, she wouldn't like that, we would have just eaten. Maybe back through Kova's Well? No, that would be boring, and she HATES boring. The bathhouse maybe? No! We were just there before the storm hit! Ughh.... Maybe we'll just take a walk around the city, might be fun. Well... I still think I need to iron out the details, but everything seems to be in order."

With that done, and most of his composure had returned(along with his idiocy) he turned his attention to Devi. "Devi! You have been such a wonderful help! I wouldn't have known what to do if you weren't here! Gods, I owe you big time, Devi!"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext