PM to join [The Drunken Fish] Chasing Tail

(Blackveil's Heart, Part 2) Fallon is in the Drunken Fish investigating a potential lead, and begins to piece the puzzle together.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Drunken Fish] Chasing Tail

Postby Fallon on January 31st, 2015, 8:05 pm

"Oh yes you do," Fallon retorted without missing a beat. Her lips curled upwards into what could only be described as a wicked grin, the eyes glinting briefly before dying down once more, "And, I must say it is adorable. But, if you ensist on me being mistaken..." She drifted off, letting the words drift and then finally rest there. Even as the rest of the words came forth and the drinking continued, Fallon did let her eyes shift back around to the man in question, "I know what you mean. Maybe it is just the way the cards fell however and maybe, soon they will become jumbled up once more. I will take this easy start as a sign for something may be coming around the corner. Besides, just because a path appears straight, it does not mean it is not steep." She shook her head, feeling the sloshing sensation fill her skull with ease, "I understand. It'll probably get harder in good time. Watch."

She watched the second, the smallest of leans to catch that tint of a blush upon the other's cheeks and the gathering up of the next drink. There was only a stupid grin, pleased that she had simply accepted her probing prods of amusement and her behaviour - it was easier than rebuffing, else she would simply go round and attempt to probe from a different angle. Her brow raised, the slow clicking of her tongue as she listened to the woman's comments and gentle probing. It was perhaps only for a moment she truly sobered, feeling the hanging disappointment resting there. She swallowed, gaze averting for a moment, "I... thank you. Guess you don't have those sorts of Vices? Or do I just keep them satisfied for you?"

Fallon moved on after that, her gaze flickering back and forth, the rattle of dice becoming almost louder in her ears, the sounds of voices raising stakes, the shuffling of cards and cheering of success. She downed the rest of her drink, and released a hearty sigh, "Right, focus time. Focus. Focus..." She gave a swallow, "In honesty, I just figured you were busy again. Still, just as I made the promise to you, you did to me. And well... I want to..." she gave a blush and stared down into her glass, "Keep you safe. You're..." she drifted off and frowned, "This isn't the place for this."

She could not look at her properly then, a moment of sheepishness having taken over and the wall between mask and the interior shattered. Lips parted, that brief wetting of them as she tried to force the words out, only to have them snatched away by the observation of the other. She did not turn to look, "Perhaps an admirer? Or maybe something else? She dressed like a whore, or... normal?" She paused then, trying to decide what was exactly normal by Sunberth standards, "Not dressed up and doesn't look like she's about to shank someone."

"If we have a tag along so be it,"
she placed her hand down firmly upon the bar, "We will divide and conquer if need be. I'm sure they can be split up if need be, encouraged or otherwise." She gave the smallest lean back, considering, "Unless, you want me to stagger right on over there and start probing in my own special ways. Might scare her off though." She turned back to the man, watching the almost begrudging surprise rise on his face as another pint of some ale was placed before him. He gave a puff, looking round the room at the various faces for a clue, before slamming down the dice and drinking it.

"I will follow instructions if I go with you on missions, but do not blame me if I divert slightly from the original intended plans if things begin to go sour," Her eyes narrowed down, the gaze flickering to the woman in question before settling back down, "You're probably right. We would be better to try and lure him out somehow I think, then abscond into the night. Which takes us back to square one. Fine, let me see how well I can follow you on this shall we? Because I have presently no clue on what to do other than wait around at the moment - and that could be a while." She gave a suggesting nudge, "I guess... I sense a less bloody repeat of spring and the brothel. Just..." Her gaze lowered, the element of discomfort resting upon her features, "Instruct away, my spider. The wolf will try and do her best to please."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zandelia on January 31st, 2015, 8:42 pm

“Oh I have vices, just usually they tend to be less material and far more dangerous. Vengeance for one, you should know that. Though…there are others I would spend all day with if someone let me. At any rate…you are right. Time enough for such things, quiet time away from prying eyes and ears,” she stated with somewhat of a resigned annoyance, she liked talking with Fallon, “let us consider the possibilities”

“There are two of us and possibly two of them, one for definite. If we wish to catch the potential second we must not make a move on the first that would seem untoward. That means getting close, prompting or nudging perhaps. Could drop the name of this artefact or the employer perhaps. He can’t be violent in here if he wants to live, means he would be forced to bolt and take the other with him. We can’t cheat him either as you stated”

“So…why don’t you engage our lady of the mysterious over there. Just get in her eye-line. If she is watching him then she will become annoyed, switch seats or whatever it takes to maintain visual contact. I will engage this dicer in a game…of one kind or another” she stated, picking up her mug and looking at Fallon once before turning and making her way towards the table.

In truth it wasn’t even really a table as far as she could see, merely an upturned half-keg repurposed for the role. It didn’t bother her, in fact it was filled with a quaint quality given the establishment. She affected a half-drunk meander, care free and as if she were filled with the characteristic buzz of one looking to become slowly but surely inebriated. She gently pushed her way through the larger spaces in the small gathering of bodies intently watching the match and grinned at the empty seat. Not yet she knew, had to wait for the right line to fit the drama of the moment. Gamblers did so love their superstitions and their affectations. As it was their man was thumping the table at a further win, one more opponent cleaned out. She looked around and saw no rumblings in the crowd, nothing to use to prompt a cheater’s crusade as it were.

“Thank you very much gentleman, for your gold and silver. And coppers too, very nice! Anyone else man enough to step up, try to take it back from me? No? Noooo?” he was certainly enjoying himself. No man stepped forwards, she supposed it was dramatically apt enough and stepped forwards.

“Not sure about a man but I know a woman with more stones than this lot. I’m game”

“Oh but m’lady, I wouldn’t want to take your coin”

“Mine’s as good as any others. Consider it a chance to make me indebted to you” she raised her eyebrow, the tone was calculated enough to play upon desires aside from wealth.

“Well I do enjoy your songs, often I have thought of enjoying more. Conversation, perhaps, as I become richer?” he gestured to the seat opposite him and she slipped into it casually, her drink placed to one side as the crowd saw the chance for some fun ahead, jabbing each other in the ribs.

Oh the foibles of a reputation she told herself inwardly.

“One gold per bet minimum. Sevens win outright as is the custom. Double two gets to roll again. Any die has four or more and fixed in?” she asked him smoothly.

“That’s the game!”

“Then roll first, I wager 5 gold. Might as well start small” she smiled at him as he blinked a few times and threw his own into the heap now between them and rolled.

It was, of course, all a distraction. If she couldn’t clean him out then it only served to get him away from the table. Losing a handful of gold was worth it if she succeeded and by the sounds of it there were others who wanted to get their own games underway but the table was currently occupied. He should be fairly easy to budge she thought.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on January 31st, 2015, 10:47 pm

"Yes, let us consider. When he appears to be twitchy, make a sign or something - I'll make ready to track him," Fallon nodded in understanding, her lips twitching as she watched the woman flitter through her thoughts and theories. Still, she followed her line of suggestions the best she could, watching carefully as the mug was taken up and for those few ticks she was left alone to mull over her own thoughts and formulate her own plans. Really it was bringing it all up and together into careful execution, timing and consideration. She would not engage just yet though, she would let Zandelia get settled first, and purchase herself another drink to keep her going in this water hole.

By the time she was ready to saunter her way over to a selected table between the dicer and the woman, her partner was already there beginning to settle down into gambling. How she managed to allow herself to partake in such an activity was beyond her, but she did not question it - she would not have been able to resist the moment she started, so this was the better route she begrudgingly reasoned. Clambering off the stool she wobbled there, footing lost as she tried to maintain some balance. Her hand slammed down upon the bar in reflex, eyes momentarily wide with surprise. Tapping her toes down she ensured she had purchased some balance before pushing off and straightening. With a click she took up her glass and begun her sauntering over, hearing and listening to the little quips here and there, the low beginnings of some sailor's song reaching her ears.

And it was only as Fallon walked that she begun to realise just how bad of a situation she was in. The room seemed to roll back and forth, her form heavy whilst her feet remained light, slipping and sliding as she brushed against surfaces, and various laughing sailors amused as she slid her way across the room. It felt like an age, that seemingly lightheaded nothingness as she finally managed to pace the glass down upon the table and collapsed into the chair - defeated by a seemingly easy task. Head rolling back, she let the sensations calm and reality return, her eyes sweeping around as she gathered herself.

The woman who was watching seemed displeased, she could see the frown upon her face - disgust filling it. And it was in response Fallon gave only a stupid grin, and lifted her glass to drink. From there she surveyed the room, watching the eyes that existed and playing observer. She could hear the woman breathe a curse, her gaze sweeping across to Zandelia and the gambling, then back again as the sound of grinding wood sounded forth. Her eyes gave a glance, watching the woman move from the immediate eye line, the angered glare pointed at her for whatever reason. But she did not stay, and somewhere in her mind that prickled against her consciousness. It was worrying, though not enough to cause alarm. Her gaze shifted, looking to follow as she disappeared out the tavern door, and her brow furrowed. It was with a tilt of the head she looked then to Zandelia - waiting almost for another inclining of a prompt on what next to do. Follow the woman? It was enough of a struggle to get across the room, who knew what it would be like out in the snow. No, she needed to sober up more first, and that would be a task in itself.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on February 1st, 2015, 6:18 pm

“Double two on the first roll, a second chance but then you can only roll twice. Perhaps your luck is running dry?” she asked him as she watched him carefully, he seemed irritated but nothing beyond that which was normal and so she let further verbal nudges for now and simply let slip a broad smirk as he rolled a total of five and she scooped up the dice into the cup perhaps slightly more theatrically then was necessary.

She took her time, he was an eager gambler she had noted and she wondered if drawing time out was perhaps a way to unsettle him. He furrowed his brow as she blew upon the bone dice for luck and looked at him directly, slowly slipping them in and covering the cup with her other hand. She rattled them slowly, methodically perhaps, and met his gaze all the while as she did so. His frown deepened but he didn’t let fly anything persuasive of his annoyance. She could see he was irritated though, his eyes were furtively glancing at the table as if mentally trying to get her to roll. She smiled and kept the rattling up for just a few moments longer before slamming the cup down, leaving it over the dice and leaning back to drink a little more.

“Oh come on now, how can we know who wins?” he asked her, some of his charm was gone and the watchers were sniggering slightly at the show.

“Pull it off and see, or wait for me to be ready. You wouldn’t rush a lady would you my dear?” she asked him with a slight tease to the words.

“If there’s coin involved” she grunted at her as he pulled the cup off and the numbers were revealed – a three and a four to make seven. His palm slapped the wood in frustration as she pulled the gold discs to her side and stacked them quite neatly, one atop the other.

“First blood to me Assin, luck turning no? I hear many people seem to be losing things of late. You lost coin, others lose other things. I could tell you a story of one if you like” she asked him as she p0alced a further 5 gold between them neatly and took up the dice.

“Or you could just gamble and I’ll lose nothing more?”

She nodded her brief assent and rattled the dice, once more taking longer than was necessary and completing the blowing ritual that so many of these men seemed to feel was so necessary. Perhaps, upon reflection, it was at least for the best she was in the room where it was only the dice. She slammed the cup down once more but this time she pulled it up herself once he had placed his own bet with hers. The dice tumbled out to show a total of nine, not a bad roll but not a winning one either. Assin took up the cup and she watched him work, waiting for the opportunity. He placed the dice in and began to rattle as she talked.

“Have a friend you know, he was robbed lately. Shame really, pleasant fellow – one of the few in the city. You might know him, quite a few do,” she spoke, waiting for him to begin the lowering of the cup towards the table before stating the name, “Duvil?” she asked him in a sweet tone.

She noted the slight flinch and the involuntary wrist twist in surprise, the cup hit the table diagonally and one of the dice skipped over the edge to roll across the floor. The crowd parted and searched for it but she paid it no mind, she was watching him, an expression of surprise upon her lips, as his gaze flicked to her and became ever so slightly darker. There were no facial expressions, that much she would remember quite clearly or some time. It was almost as if his face had shut down but his gaze had increased in intensity. There was a clearing of the throat as he shoved the gold towards her – one die was gone and thus invalid, he couldn’t win. It was found tough and placed back in the cup with the other.

“Never heard of him,” Assin stated in a tone that was far too leaden to have been anything other than forced, “you’re roll again” he flashed her a look and this time he placed twenty gold into the middle pointedly – he was trying to force her from the table she guessed.

“High stakes there Assin, very high for someone who has already lost twice” she leant back as if in consideration.

“I always get my property back, eventually”

“So do I, though often it is someone else’s. Ever seen something…black?” she asked him as she placed her own sake to match between them and this time she didn’t smile, she looked at him and he would then know she knew – what she knew he couldn’t know but he would see she was not after the gold at the table.

“If I haven’t?”

“Then we keep playing until you have nothing. Believe me, I have more gold than you do and I can offer up more than you can” she grinned at him as she began to rattle the dice in the cup.

“Such as?”

“Oh…well this and that. Favours, abilities, assistance. And I’m far more attractive than most, including yourself. I could wager myself for one time and many could say it would be worth more than you have in your pile there” she noted as she rattled and goaded.

“We will see” he growled at her.

“Yes…we will” she slapped the cup down and took the opportunity to look for Fallon.

She looked well enough, if swaying slightly, the other woman was not there anymore and she was not sure that was a good thing. She raised her eyebrow and cocked her head to see if Fallon were paying attention. Perhaps she was occupying herself with further investigations she could not currently comprehend.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on February 1st, 2015, 8:53 pm

Zandelia did as Zandelia did best by the sounds of things, luring and manipulating people into a false sense of security before milking them for information. Dice were rattled, her ears catching the probing of voices and noises somewhere beyond the slurred mind, an echo in comparison to what other jarring sounds were apparent to her. Clinking, clunking, the faint mumbled groan as cups chinked together and wood moaned in complaint to being sat on. Her eyes blinked, slower than she had wanted, the room seesawing as she attempted to continue her listening to what was going on.

Ears strained, her fingers tightening around her drink as she stared at it. She did not want to drink any more, a lump had largely formed in her throat, sealing up as she ogled at it. And as that lump formed did her stomach tighten, knotting up as even thinking about the taste made her feel repulsive. Weight rested across her, sluggish and unresponsive as she tried to move her hand away from the drink in question - casting it aside for the simple attempt to clear her thoughts. Least, that was what she tried to do.

Ringing came next, seeping in as she tried to catch those rebuffs - faint but definitely there. No, he was denying it for now, she could hear that near snarl in his tone as she shifted her elbow and looked to find purchase upon the side. She vaguely remembered finding her chin resting within her palm, the eyes growing glazed as the room seemed to take on a brighter, more shining appearance. That growl however was not missed by, it caused her eyes to swivel round attentive as the cup echoed around in her head. The spy's voice sounded sweeter than normal, something in the back of her mind spoke, but she pushed it aside to catch that look in her general direction. In response Fallon returned it, the smallest tilts of the head to one side as if searching for a prompt.

Fallon finally lowered her elbow, and promptly missed the table.

She remembered her head slamming down onto the surface. Sharp, jabbing into the side of her temple and throbbing up into her jaw. She remembered also loosing purchase of her chair, free arm shooting out in reflex - but it was too slow and sluggish, instead only serving to knock the drink from the surface. And, for only a few ticks there was little more than a black out, the mind stumbling and struggling to keep up with events, before the blurred ceiling and the loud laughter filled her ears. She blinked, shoulders heavy, the side of her face stinging through the murk of alcohol as she tried to pull herself up. Manowar appeared to be coming over, brow raised and lips trembling with amusement - he had said something but she was not quite sure on what exactly at that moment in time. And then the nausea hit. Skin drained, her hand managed to cup over her mouth, an almost gagging cough as she tried to keep the impending sensation down, her other hand gestured towards the door in realisation on what was next going to occur.

"Gods above Bitzer, not in here!" he sighed, hauling her up by the arm and letting her barely find her feet before nudging her towards the door, "Real light weight you are." And with that she found herself stumbling in that general direction, barely coherent for the mean time.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on February 1st, 2015, 10:01 pm

“Hah! Only got a five! Staying that way?”

“Please, I’ll keep the three,” she stated and pushed it to one side delicately with one finger, “and I’ll do you a deal. If this isn’t a four I’ll wager something aside from gold next throw” she stated, leading him out nicely she thought.

She watched as he leant in and considered the offer, it was a tempting one to be sure – especially considering that she had not been specific about what the offer might be. More to the point she had put him in a difficult position as both a man and a gambler. He could either accept the offer and keep some semblance of a reputation to the sniggering masses or he could refuse and lose what respect he had left by proving he was scared of wagering with a tavern singing woman. She let him stew in those thoughts, he would come around soon enough she was confident of that. What troubled her more, however, was that she could see Fallon – she looked worse for wear though she couldn’t see exactly what was wrong from her current vantage.

“Done,” Assin stated with a rap to the table, “but I get too decide what the wager is or there’s no deal” he smirked at her then – he thought he had her where he wanted her.

She put on the show that was expected, the intake of surprised breath at being out-manuevered and the patting of her lips with her fingertips as if hiding her horror. She was no in his position, he had beaten her and overturned the initiative. Clearly Assin wasn’t intelligent enough to notice that she wouldn’t have made such an offer if it was in her favour either way, she had an inkling after her leading words what he would ask for. If she was right she would get what Fallon required and they’d be off into the evening to follow whatever leads had been uncovered. She ummed and ahhed it out, letting time and pressure build before consenting.

“Alright,” she gave him a direct look then and inclined her head, “you will control what I offer. Now…let’s see” she stated and rattled the dice before slapping it down once more.

It was a three and Assin just loved it. The laws of averages had been against her and as he scraped the gold across from him she could see his gaze roving across her and new that she had been successful. It was ironic really, everyone assumed a spy was about stealth and concealment – that had its place. What they were really about, however, was selling themselves – one way or another. Whether it was getting a better price for services rendered, convincing a guard they were one of the others or a mark that they were truly there to help them instead. It was all about selling hat you had and selling it for as high a price as possible. The dice were taken up by Assin then and he rattled them with glee, prolonging the moment.

“Now, we wager. My pile of gold you said was not worth your own self. Looks like that’s what’ll have to be wagered then seeing as we’re not putting gold against gold now” he slammed the dice cup down.

“One time?”

“One”

“And not in here either, I love the place but it’s hardly fun enough for me….elsewhere”

“Very well, but nothing funny now. Your word”

“My word”

The dice were revealed and he cackled with glee as the ten was revealed, the third highest roll possible and hard to beat indeed. She hung her head as was expected and dragged the dice up to roll them herself. From there it was a simple affair of losing the roll, acting miserable as if she had lsot the worst thing in the world and enduring his celebrative little routine before being led to the door like a nice little submissive loser who had to bend over for a good time. That was, of course, until they ere out of the door and into the realm of possibility. That was when she grabbed him by the throat and dragged him to the side of the tavern before shoving him against the wall. He tried to lash out but she just jabbed her knee into his groin and he slumped.

“Bitzer! Bitzer? Bitz-“ she looked around and saw a slumped figure, taking in the telling aroma of vomit and groaning, “for the love of-“

“I got your man. Lt me guess, want me to do the interrogating? What should we ask him m dear?” she prodded the woman with a foot before having to restrain Assin once more with a sound kneecap.

She pulled Fallon up by her clothing and levered her into leaning against the wall.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on February 2nd, 2015, 10:12 am

Hands were flat against the outside wall, her entire form bent double as the rest of her form juddered. Acidic bile rested within her mouth, the stomach having given in and simply expelled all that it needed to be. And by the gods it stunk, sharp and smothering the senses - enough to cause her to wretch once more and rip her rather forcibly into soberness. Cold sunk its fangs into her, nibbling away at her extremities and ripping. Her forehead pressed against the surface, the sloshing within her head consuming as she tried to keep some balance and stop the impending toppling.

Eyes were closed for the moment, they were useless in allowing her to see or visualise whatever was going on around her - so she turned to hearing. Ears twitched, edges burning in the chill, the smallest tilts of the head as she tried to further focus herself above the puddle of vomit and let the groan of annoyance seep out from between her lips. Spitting, she heard the crunching of footsteps and the faint sounds of scuffling as Zandelia dragged their victim out at last. Eyes cracked open, her form moving so her shoulder pressed against the wall. Raising an eyebrow down to the prodding foot she mumbled, "Did I ever tell you I'm a light weight? Well, now you know. Least I'm a cheap night out for you."

Her eyes turned then to the man, slumped to the floor and protecting what remained of his ego in cupped hands. It was a strange place to be, coherent in the mind but having no control over the body what so ever. She went to rub her eyes but instead found herself patting the side of her face almost in an attempt to keep herself alert. It was slowly that Fallon shook her head, and pressed herself up from the surface. There was the smallest moment of swaying as Zandelia held Assin in place, "No, no..." She took the steps over to him, towering over, "But I would like you to keep him in place for me. I feel I may not be good for doing so." She smiled then down at him, "Hello Assin, you have something I'm looking for I believe."
"You... You lying wench!"
he spat at Zandelia.
Fallon gave him a nudge with her toe, "Oi, you're talking to me now. Not her." She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, "So, we can do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way. Of course, this determines on how compliant you're feeling..." She looked at Zandelia then, "Compliant is the right word... yes?"
"Bull! What could you d-"

"I will vomit all over you, and it will reek for days,"
She kept a dead pan face, "Yes, I'm serious. Why wouldn't I be? Now, Blackveil's heart... I had a chat with your friend, George. And well he cried, a lot, saying you where the man to come to. So, tell me. Where is Blackveil's heart?"
"Like I'll tel-"
Fallon raised two of her free fingers up and placed them over her lips. If push came to shove she would forcibly invoke her threat - possibly at Zandelia's expense, but the drunken mind did not quite register that at the moment, "Gods! Don't woman!"
"Then answer me?"
she wiggled her fingers there tauntingly.
"I don't have it! I don't have it anymore!"
"Not enough... Who hired you?"
He was silent then, so Fallon returned to pressing her fingers against her lips. He continued quickly after that.

"A woman! Damned whore woman! Bianca! Her name was Bianca! She was the one who made the contract up! But..."
"But...?"
"There was another, veiled one. Quiet like, didn't say a word!"
Fallon looked to Zandelia, and pulled away. Her shoulders returned to leaning against the wall, with thought. It was slowly she spoke up once more, "This Bianca, where does she work?"
"I don't know!"
"You're lying. Tell me."
"Web, give him a small incentive."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Zandelia on February 2nd, 2015, 9:02 pm

She vomits on me she gets a tender arse from here to the Spring but…I suppose it’s effective. At least Assin seems to think so she noted as her left fingers still gripped loosely around his throat and she patted his nethers with the flat of her blade.

“Assin, my friend, I would do as she asks if I were you. I like my business partners to have a high opinion of my abilities. That means successes. If you don’t make me look good then vomit will be the least of your concerns. Irony might just…drop in…and your hope for a tumble might end with no tumbles ever again” she whispered sweetly into his ear.

She knew him for a coward by reputation and he proved himself such within a few more moments, spilling the information as if it were water from his bladder. A more useful informant she had never met, he seemed almost as if her were eager to vindicate himself as a lowly pawn and thus unimportant enough to let live. She didn’t trust what he was saying, not that it was false but certainly that there were more pieces in his possession that he kept back. Thankfully Fallon didn’t think he had been completely forwards either and she shoved her face into his for a moment to stare at him with malice. The blade dug into his thigh and warm blood flowed there. It was not a deep cut but enough to scare the man. She followed it up with another elbow to the face and a knee to the groin.

Whether I cut his off or not I’m not sure he’ll be having a tryst any time soon at this rate she told herself, there was no guilt but perhaps a slight sadness at his foolishness – he was outnumbered and still he held back.

“Bianca has left you to get killed, tie up her loose ends for her Assin,” she stated factually, “now you can protect her like a fool and lose your life…slowly. Or you can tell us what we need to know and you can go back to your miserable life. How’s that sound huh?” she asked him pointedly.

“I don’t want to have to grab it down there and get my fingers dirty to take it from you. I’d probably die of disease. So, let’s all get along and play together nicely. Where does she work Assin?”

“I don’t kn-“

“Where?” her free hand pulled at the belt of his trousers and the dagger slipped into the waistline.

“I DON-“

“Where?” her fingers delved in to crush mercilessly.

“SCARLET SANCTUM!” he squealed the words unpleasantly.

“Oh good, I think he’s telling the truth no?” she looked at Fallon as she wiped her hand on Assin’s jerkin, “oh…and thank you for your gold” she grinned at him and tugged his money pouches off of the belt and slipped them onto her own.

“Anything else you need or can we knock him out now?” she asked Fallon directly.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on February 3rd, 2015, 1:13 pm

"What she said," Fallon nodded her head in Zandelia's general direction, hearing the whisper all too clearly in the stillness in the air. She dared not interrupt beyond that, the woman was doing a good enough job pressing for information so what was the point in further confusing the struggling source. Still, she had to give some credit to him - defiant until truly threatened, it appeared he held some loyalties to the woman who had essentially abandoned him. Where was she now? Fallon's eyes gave a flicker around her surroundings, and then back down to the targeted man. Nowhere nearby was the answer.

She gave a swallow when the gagging nausea clawed at her once more, her focus shifting from the conversation at hand as she fought to maintain herself. Knuckles to her lips, a deep inhale as she swayed there on the spot, and then an exhale when the sensation passed once more. Time was running out, she could feel that within herself now as she tried to maintain balance. She was grateful when Assin let out a shriek of an answer, her cheeks puffing as he at last gave in. It was only when the question turned to her that she paused. Fallon looked down at the man, a contemplation covering her face as she looked at his shape pinned upon the floor. Down from the frightened face, the quivering lips, the rough clothing as Zandelia pulled at his coin pouch and filled her own. Her lips twitched, the eyes going lower, down to his feet and writhing form.

"I want his shoes," Fallon spoke after a long chime of obviously focused thought. It was almost as if she had been considering it for a while, weighting up if it was merely a spare of the moment thing of impulse, or it was something much more truer lingering in her mind. Why exactly she wanted them however, she could not place and that was a problem, "Though... I am not sure what for," Her gaze lifted them, "I am drunk. I think at this point you should start ignoring most things I say and just take me home for... whatever." Sighing she stepped away, inebriated enough to bump into the wall and then sheepishly feel her way across, "Knock him out, we're done here."

She waited at the corner, gaze peering out, hands crawling into her pockets. Her lips let out a groan of discomfort, her eyes narrowing down as she looked outwards into the city. Slowly she nodded, approving of the events and the way the situation seemed to be turning as Zandelia dealt with him. With a clear of her lungs she released a cough, the acidic juddering seeping out as a moan, "Well, I think that went well... Now, onwards! Preferably before I'm sick once more."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Matthew on March 3rd, 2015, 6:25 pm

Fallon

Experience Points:

• +1 Acting
  • +2 Endurance
  • +3 Flirting
  • +1 Gambling
  • +2 Intelligence
  • +4 Interrogation
  • +1 Philosophy
  • +3 Planning
  • +1 Tactics

Lores:

• Endurance: Knowing How Much Drink She Can Hold
  • Flirting: How to Effectively Insinuate
  • Intelligence: Assembling Pieces of Information into a Logical Whole
  • Intelligence: Using Contacts to Gather Information
  • Philosophy: The Ideals that Drive Sunberth

Zandelia

Experience Points:

• +1 Acting
  • +1 Endurance
  • +1 Flirting
  • +4 Gambling
  • +3 Interrogation
  • +2 Intimidation
  • +2 Leadership
  • +1 Philosophy
  • +2 Planning
  • +2 Socialization
  • +1 Tactics
  • +1 Torture

Lores:

• Gambling: Simple Games of Chance
  • Gambling: Using Mind Games to Throw Off Your Opponent
  • Intimidation: Instilling Fear through Violence
  • Intelligence: Assembling Pieces of Information into a Logical Whole
  • Planning: Treating Fallon as a Wild Variable
  • Philosophy: The Ideals that Drive Sunberth

Additional Notes :
There were a lot of Lores I thought about awarding that would be specific to this plot, but most of them seemed quite useless beyond just this series. If either of you had specific Lores you were hoping to receive, please let me know.

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Previous