Completed New Year's Party! (Part 3)

Continuation of Sayana's party into Spring

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

New Year's Party! (Part 3)

Postby Sayana on March 1st, 2015, 1:39 pm

Spring 1st, 515AV - Early early morning

Out of Character Announcements:

Hello everyone, this is a continuation of Sayana's New Year's Party. The other two threads are as follows: Part 1 and Part 2. Since it is spring, any new members can potentially join with this thread being counted as part of the spring season. Please see the first post in Part 1 for the party rules (like the fact that is no posting order). Note, some of the main conflict/plot points are calming down. Of course, there may be more (I don't dictate the future here) but I just wanted to give a heads up.

Rough Summary (so far):
Sayana welcomes a whole slew of characters into her home (13-14 PCs). Orin and Aren initially have a minor conflict upon seeing each other but it is resolved fairly quickly. Food is dished out and drinks are poured. However, when a certain zith shows up, Sayana has a fit (due to past bad zith experiences) and yells at him to leave. Garland and Nivel go to the zith's side because they are friends with Treachery (the zith). Sayana allows him to stay till the new year. Sayana makes a speech and a toast to the new year. Around this time Aren drags Treachery out the door to get answers. A bunch of characters come to Treachery's aid to try to stop this. Ser Lorden effectively calms the conflict and ensuing chaos. Garland then makes an announcement that April and Sayana are pregnant. Aren didn't know this and quickly goes to Sayana to ask questions and talk since he's going to be a father.

Garland + April = Relationship and baby
Sayana + Aren = Relationship and baby
Claudia + Holland = Kissing
Sayana + Treachery = Strong dislike (mostly from Sayana) but not murderous intent
Orin + Aren = Initial conflict but now resolved
Plus there a a ton of friendships littered about.

All in all, please post here for Part 3.
Last edited by Sayana on March 19th, 2015, 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

New Year's Party (Part 3)

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 1st, 2015, 7:48 pm

Lorden squinted, as the man from before came up beside him, and all but mirrored his apology. It was a kind thing to do, Lorden noted, if somewhat annoying. The knight really wasn't sure if he should nod gracefully, recognizing the man's actions, or simply condemn him for being so daft. But as the Akalak he had addressed spoke, something occurred to the knight.

"The fault is in the rashness of my actions. You were only doing your duty, and the leniency both of you have shown in this matter is greatly appreciated," the man obviously thought, that both men standing in front of him were knights or at least held some authority; and while Lorden wasn't so sure, a bit of trepidation entered his mind, as he pondered the possibility. When it came to the Order, it was better to have friends than enemies; and it was always better to be safe than sorry. And thus, the raven haired twenty year old, turned to his apparent 'brother-in-arms', and framed a forced, but kind smile. As the knight began to speak to the man beside him, he clamped a hand on the tall male's toned shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, friend. I'm proud my brothers are so quick to to do their duty, even if the ale might have made you a bit rash," Lorden lied through his smiling teeth, as he gave the man what he guessed to be a false excuse; for what the knight saw as ridiculously jumpy behavior. Hopefully, the man Lorden didn't know to be a simple Squire, would take the knight's words, as meaning he held no ill thoughts towards him.

As Lorden attempted to cover his own ass, the Akalak all but excused the two males, who stood before him. The swordsman chose to ignore the man's threatening jest, in part because he wasn't so sure that the massive blue man, wasn't in a position to remove them, if he was so inclined. Though, the bit about burning someone alive, somewhat confused the swordsman; was the Akalak alluding to starting a fire in Stormhold? Even framed as a jest, it was odd one at best. Nevertheless, the knight smiled once more, at everyone around him, and inclined his head gratefully to his host, and her mate.

"I think it's time we leave these two be," Lorden said to the man beside him, still smiling at him, as he had before. Patting the one he had just addressed on the shoulder, as he began to turn away, Lorden added a few more words, to his gentle coaxing.

"You're more than welcome to come with me, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some questions," as the knight finished speaking, he allowed his hand to drift from Alexander's shoulder, and began once more to walk past him. If the Squire chose to follow him, so be it; if not, Lorden would let the hulking giant direct the man away from him and his mate. Something told the knight, that the blue beast was more than capable of accomplishing the simple task.
Last edited by Lorden Ladis on March 1st, 2015, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Words: 178541
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2015, 1:16 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Devi on March 1st, 2015, 10:05 pm

Devi didn’t drink on principle. This party was making her seriously reconsider her choice. So far they’d had an almost-fight between the gentle-natured cook and what she had come to call Sayana’s blue giant, several couples intertwining, a tiny clay creature riding in triumphantly on the back of a dog, the arrival of a fur-covered Zith (much to the delight of its unlikely friends but much to the outrage of their Eypharian host), the revelation that at some point in her life the beautiful and vibrant Sayana had been imprisoned and repeatedly abused, another almost-fight between Sayana’s blue giant and previously mentioned furry Zith, the interruption of said fight by the surprising number of squires and knights present at the party, the threats of the tiny clay creature of unleashing its magical fury despite the growing tension around magic in the city and the presence of all those squires and knights and the rather loud (and she suspected un-planned) announcement of two pregnancies in the group.

"This is a really bizarre party." She said, to noone in particular. Devi found herself wondering if this is how all of Sayana's parties turned out or if this had just been the strange result of posting an open invitation on the city bulletin board. If the latter then it only served to reinforce the strict no-entrance policy that she had in her own apartment. The announcement of the pregnancies, however, had immediately roused the medical instincts within her. Her first glance went to the alcohol which seemed to be stuck to April's hand. As low as the world's population had become, to abort one's child was practically an abhorrence. Still, working in the field that she did, Devi knew that women still found their own ways. Alcohol was one of them. Drinking enough of it, particularly during the early stages, could be deadly. Garland seemed to be oblivious to it, blissfully caught up in the love he felt... or perhaps neither of them knew. Regardless she made a note to talk to the young knight-to-be about it if she could.

Her second glance fell upon Sayana, deep in conversation with her much taller Akalak. Devi’s stomach clenched as she watched the two of them, knowing their danger was of a different kind entirely. She hadn’t come across many of them but with the number of Akalak that there were present in the city (and with their obvious appeal to the women of the city), a few of the pregnancies she came across when working were Akalak. Pregnancy was a dangerous enough time for a woman as it was, adding the blue-skinned race into the equation only made it more so. She remembered each of the four women she had helped through the process. One of them lost the child within the first month and with a great deal of pain. The second made it through almost to term but after a particularly violent birth died from the amount of blood she lost. The third died and the fourth survived but hadn’t been able to conceive since. It was as though the very nature of the virulent Akalak blood waged war on the human woman that carried it.

Again Devi found herself wondering if the expectant mother knew all that her pregnancy could entail. The worry on her face could simply be for Aren’s reaction to her news. The doctor had not spent much time with their host but she had grown fond of her. She made a decision then and there to ensure she visited Sayana over the coming weeks and be sure the woman knew what to expect, preferably without terrifying her. At the very least she would ensure that she had a decent doctor, herself if she desired it, to keep a close eye on her throughout.

All in all it was rather a lot to absorb all in one go. Devi sighed deeply and, sensing some kind of seat behind her, sunk down a little too quickly on it. Abruptly she fell off the bed, slipping on all the coats and cloaks that had been left behind by Sayana’s guests and landed in a large heap with them on the floor.

Ugh. Graceful as a boulder...

Emerging from beneath a particularly long cloak, Devi surreptitiously disentangled herself from the mess and breathed a sigh of relief that no one appeared to have noticed her minor tumble. Quickly gathering up the material she replaced everything rather messily. As she did so she heard a noise like a coin bouncing off the floor.

“Ahh Shyke...” she grumbled to herself, hoping that the owner of whatever it was did not notice her throwing their belongings all over the place. Kneeling down she peered around the floor and then underneath Sayana’s bed. Eventually she spotted it, its shiny surface glinting in the firelight. Closing her fingers around it, Devi pulled it out and sat back on her ankles, examining the strange object. It was a ring, though an unusual one. Rather than being completely round on the outside the edges were instead angled into a five-sided shape. Holding the ring in one hand, she leaned forward again to peer under the bed. She could see more there, though who knew which of the items belonged to Sayana or not? Better to have them all out and at least she wouldn’t be responsible for anyone losing their things. She sighed deeply as she felt towards the remaining objects. This was not exactly how she’d pictured her evening going.

OOCIn case of any confusion, it's Phaylix's ring she's found (and yes, she's currently reaching for everything else he left behind. Bwahaha!)
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby April Windweaver on March 1st, 2015, 10:59 pm

April watched from her crouched position as half the party gathered outside with the Zith, doing their best to diffuse the situation. If there was one. He looked cute, though. She wondered why Sayana was so mad at him though. Were Zith really that bad?

She got up and started moving towards the Zith touch him, but felt herself get pulled back by her chaperone. She whimpered and whined, trying to get away, but eventually let herself go limp in his grip and let herself get led back to the couch. She was in a grumpy mood, now. Garland ruining her fun...

Suddenly, gravity failed the Svefra as she fell onto Garland, a squeal escaping her. Still in a drunken haze, April giggled and squirmed with Garland's kisses, her cheeks and ears glowing red. She looked about as plum as a peach.

"Gar-gar, stop, hehe~. People are watching" She said between giggles. But between the alcohol and Garland's ceaseless affection, she quickly allowed herself to join in. She kissed him back with fervor, wrapping her arms around him with an iron grip, pulling him close to her. She felt on fire, her face burning with blush. But she couldn't stop.

The two lovers went on to passionately kiss one another through the new year, ignoring the recent turmoil in the party and practically forgetting that there was anyone else there. April was close to passing out every few seconds from exhaustion, but she kept on going. She definitely had some energy in her, and it looked like she would pass out from asphyxiation before sleep got to her.

Common - Fratava - Thoughts
-
So call the mainland from the beach
All parties now washed up in bleach
The waves are rising for this time of year

And nobody knows what to do with the heat
Under sunshine pylons we'll meet
While rain is falling like rhinestones from the sky
-

Scrapbook - Character Sheet
April Windweaver
Authentic Pirate Booty

Words: 55338
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2014, 5:52 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Keris on March 1st, 2015, 11:21 pm

Keris Rowe

Keris was late, very late. The young man had seen an invite on a bulletin board, and after much contemplation and sitting around his place, he decided to go. A party is party after all, and he could use such an opportunity to meet some people, take some names and maybe make a friend or two. Yeah, that’s likely. He snorted to himself as he made his way towards the room that was holding this Par-TEE.

The young man didn’t know what to expect at such a gathering, as he was inexperienced in such things. Most people didn’t invite him to such things, probably because he normally stood them up with a lack of interest. Running a hand through his hair, he let out a soft sigh. He hoped he wasn’t out of place in such a situation, but he was confident in his social skills, what little he had.

The door was open, which was the first thing he noted as the Inarta stopped in his tracks, voices filling the hall and he walked up to the door, stepping halfway into the entrance of the room. Several people were standing around, though the air didn’t exactly feel festive. Tilting his head slightly, he straightened himself, looking around. What caught his attention was the diversity of people that filled the tiny room, a tiny grunt hid under his breath as he noticed the host with a rather large, rather blue man.
I should introduce myself. He thought, But they seem to be in a serious discussion, so I’ll greet myself later.

With that, he slipped into the room, giving the multi-armed woman a nod in case she saw him. Keris honestly didn’t know who try and have a conversation with. There were a few couples he could point out, some girl fiddling with stuff on a bed among a few. There was also a zith, or what he assumed was a zith. Keris had only ever heard stories of them, how they’re supposed to be evil monsters. Though, no one would willingly invite something evil into their house, would they?

Deciding that the Zith and the young man next to him seem the most interesting, Keris walked up to them. The zith was grotesque in Keris’s opinion, but he seemed to show little disgust, giving the two a smile and crossing his arms.
”Hey, I’m Keris.” He glanced between the two, chuckling softly, ”Oh, and Happy New Year. Did I miss anything exciting?”
Keris spoke in a lighthearted tone, his lips turned up in a crooked smile as he spoke. The young man next to the zith was about the same height as the Inarta, though he seemed a bit tense. Maybe it was a bad idea to talk to them? He couldn’t tell, but he already introduced himself, so he was going to stay and talk with them. He hoped this wasn’t a bad idea.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
Keris
Just a nobody

Words: 5866
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2015, 1:50 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Alexander Ross on March 2nd, 2015, 1:48 am

Alexander Ross

Alex began feeling nervous again when the Akalak began looking a bit irritated at his confrontation, but relaxed once the man's eyes soften as soon as the boy began to explain himself. Upon stating his apology, he began feeling a bit more mature, and was thankful at how understanding Aren was about it.

"The fault is in the rashness of my actions. You were only doing your duty, and the leniency both of you have shown in this matter is greatly appreciated,"

Once he had finished speaking, the wiry lad planned on taking his leave of the party, fearing that he would embarrass Sayana any further, but the plan went out the window when he felt Ser Lorden's hand on his shoulder.

"You're more than welcome to come with me, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some questions." He had said. For some reason, this made the boy worry. Usually when a knight wished to speak with him in private, it meant that he had done something wrong and was about to be disciplined. And considering the little episode he just displayed, the odds of it being just an innocent conversation were sorely against him... Even though the party guests continued to have their fun as if nothing had happened.

It was clear that Aren wanted to be alone with Sayana, considering the threatening jest the Akalak had said, so he obliged the knight and followed.
"All right, All right. I know I overreacted, and I'm sorry. I was just trying to do my job." He said hastily.
"I've never failed anyone, because there isn't anyone in my life who I can make proud."
Alexander Ross
Tell me, how does the end of my blade taste?

Words: 109201
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 2nd, 2015, 2:14 am

"All right, All right. I know I overreacted, and I'm sorry. I was just trying to do my job," As the two stopped their walk in an unoccupied corner of the room, Lorden listened curiously to the younger man as he spoke.

His job? If he's a knight, why isn't he chewing my ass out for disrespecting a comrade..., Lorden pondered, the male couldn't have been that much younger than him, he just barely appeared older than a teenager. As he starred on at Alexander; between the man's age, and his words, something clicked in Lorden's head. A rush of unbelief crawled through and up his spine, how had he not realized it before?

"Your job?" the knight trailed his voice off for a tick, a bit hesitant, as he wanted to avoid jumping to conclusions. Nevertheless, it wasn't long before he continued his assessing form of speech.

"So, since you're apologizing to me. I take it you're a Squire then?," Lorden laughed, running his hand through his hair. A part of the action was honest, yet most of his jest filled appearance was an act; a Squire would indeed be a knight one day, especially one as matured as the man who now stood in front of him. Lorden saw this as a chance to lay the foundations, for making an ally. And thus smiling, the knight forced his face to frame a jovial expression.

"Lad, don't even worry about it. If you knew half the the things I did as a squi- you know what, I'd think I'd rather you didn't," Lorden took a tick to laugh once more.

"My point is, you're fine. Just keep in mind, the order doesn't want our future members, being crushed by giant blue men," the man trailed his voice off again; he was about to wait for Alex's reply, when a thought occurred to him. The knight raised his eyebrow inquisitively, in response to said thought.

"What made you respond the way you did, anyway? I know I was short with you earlier. But, now that I know you're a Squire, I'm sure you wouldn't throw out the threat that you did, unless you had a good reason?" Lorden was genuinely curious, something about the Akalak unnerved him, and he was sure he had heard fear, in the voice of the man who stood before him earlier. The knight intended to find out what had caused, and was causing both of these things. At the very least, the Squire could probably give his mind some semblance of an answer, in the form of his side of the story. Thus, the swordsman stood, an obliging look on his face, as he waited for the presumed Squire to answer his queries.
Last edited by Lorden Ladis on March 2nd, 2015, 10:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Words: 178541
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2015, 1:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Phaylix Whitevine on March 2nd, 2015, 5:12 am

Hurry up, you bastard. HURRY.

Phaylix went into a full sprint for the apartment, taking in wheezing breaths. He wasn't the best at running far distances, and his endurance needed to be worked on. But, if he was incriminating himself, he needed to get there before the deed was done.

He pumped his arms, sucking in shaky breaths with every tick. He tripped over his shoelaces a few times, slowing him. He just got back up, ignoring the scrapes on his knees and palms as he continued to pump. The familiar door made itself clear at the end of the corridor. Light chatter made its way out of the open door. He reached the door, putting pressure on the arches of his feet to stop him. He slid past the doorway entirely, falling on his side from the slickness of the floor. He could barely catch his breath, and he lay there, trying his damndest, resembling something close to a fish out of water.

He stood, using the walls as support. He made his way back into the party, the wound on his left shoulder smarting. He looked around, checking every single patron for a newly acquired ring. His eyes flared a bright yellow, matching his nervous mood.

Then, he saw her. A woman with his ring in one hand, and the other actively groping underneath Miss Sayana's bed. He shrieked, an involuntary one reminiscent of a stuck pig, and closed the distance between himself and her. He dove for her, not tackling her, but wrenching his ring from her hands. Not speaking, he reached under her bed and took his familiar wrist blade and blowpipe from the cavernous confines.

But, the anxiety of being caught and the sweat accumulated from running so far coated his hands. The wrist blade slipped from his hands and onto the floor. He and probably everyone else watched as the wrist blade stopped on the wood, but a piece of yellowing parchment with text on it flew from the bracer. It landed right in front of a man with icy blue eyes.

PETCHING SHYKE GET IT FROM HIM, YOU IMBECILE.

"Unhand that... damn you. Put it... down." a weak Phaylix stated, raising a sweaty hand.

Morwen, he was going to report him.
MADNESS Is Hereditary

COMMON | VANI | SYMENOS | Thoughts
Phaylix Whitevine
MADNESS Is Hereditary

Words: 32937
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2014, 4:46 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on March 2nd, 2015, 6:46 am

“It'll be a boy, and he'll only have two arms. Are you okay with that?”

“Yes, I’m okay with that,” Sayana replied quietly but with a firm confidence in her voice. “And I’m sure, Aren.” She met his eyes feeling the need to fully convey that. Although she had been hardly sure at the time of their last meeting, things had changed since then. Not everything. There were still some things that she was unsure of but the important ones to do with the baby she was sure of.

Still, out of comfort or just to be near him Sayana held his hand with her high hand and helped herself to more fish as she ate it with her mids. The knight who had broken up the earlier conflict approached the pair and offered up a few words of explanation as well as an apology. She paused in her late meal and replied in a genuine tone, “I actually really appreciate what you did. Things were… getting out of hand.” She looked around to see if Garland had done what she had asked but the only evidence of him was a drunken squeal from his wife on one of the couches. At least he was making the most of it. Was April properly his fiance yet? Was Aren going to propose? It was a rather unsettling thought. Not that she didn’t like Aren but because… Oh she didn’t know. She felt like she was in this odd case of limbo where she felt uneasy about commitment but didn’t want him taken away from her for a moment.

Aren replied courteously to the knight but it was clear he didn’t want to converse longer than he had to. Sayana couldn’t help but smile as the Akalak was again interrupted, this time by the more nervous looking man. She seized the opportunity to wolf down more food, now finding herself quite aware that she was eating for two. There hadn’t yet been a change in her belly but she knew it would be coming. At last the Akalak stalled any further conversation.

"And I will burn the flesh off the next man who interrupts us, knight or otherwise."

Sayana gave a light laugh as she recognized the voice and went on her toes to give the Akalak a kiss, high hands cupping the back of his head. She slowly went back down onto her heels with her high hands pressed lightly upon his chest. “You’re really something,” she said quietly. It was ambiguous as to whether she meant Aren, Seros, the collective brothers, or the being which was the Akalak.

Out of the corner of her eye Sayana noticed some kind of kafuffle. Someone had dashed into the apartment and was rummaging around the belongings on the bed. She wanted to ignore it, but if someone was trying to steal something… There were squires about, and a knight too. Though if there was another scene she might have to break away from her moment with Aren. “So… you’re glad about the baby?” She asked tentatively and only realized now just how much it meant to her. There was a life inside her. A life that she would soon help into this world.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Holland Rolandus on March 2nd, 2015, 8:31 am

Holland grew incredibly impatient; Therefore he wouldn't eve bother to hesitate. He immediately began to think up a solution to ease the awkward situation. Due to the fact that he'd just now managed to steal the blessing of a kiss from Claudias lips. Interesting indeed although that wouldn't stop him from pressing the issue. She might not have understood it the first time; He had a particularly bad habit of being too wordy. Perhaps he would go about the following action using the simplistic route. Therefore the next time he would speak; He would be much more blunt.

Foolishly enough though he was going off of the assumption that a kiss meant something. Although in majority of cases it did not; He simply became apathetic. He'd been tired of waiting; since the very first day that he so much as encountered the woman. Although that meant nothing, Holland wasn't going to let his impatience get the better of him. Now once more Holland spoke in a calm mannerism. This time hopefully he would get the point across rather then her being unable to answer it.

"Perhaps I should be more blunt. Maybe if I simply say that I want to be with you.... That would make things easier! I hate to be so blunt, but I believe that you didn't quite understand what I'd said a moment ago otherwise. I was asking you to be with me. Is that perhaps any better; Or should I further elaborate on such a thing?" Spoke Holland.

Although nervous, and mentally beating himself upside the head he'd spoken the words. Words that he knew that from this point on could never be taken back. Once something rolled off of the tongue there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. It was out and about; He'd spoken it in a very well clear and audible tone. Whilst never even once managing to bat an eyelash or take his eyes off of her own. He'd even managed to come out ,and say it without so much as having a very nervous expression on his face. Holland thought that either he would make his attempt now; Or someone else would have her rather then himself.

He wouldn't dare let that happen. He knew the meaning of the word competition very well. Quite well; So well that in-fact the very thought of competition scared him. Due to how often his father told him that without competition men cannot know their own strengths and weaknesses. Although time and time again his father was right; He wanted to have an opportunity to prove him wrong. Hopefully in this single moment his father would be proven wrong. Perhaps he would somehow manage to impress her by speaking without using too much imagery. It could've very well been possible that, that made her shy away from him. Only now would he ever find out; Hopefully things would go his way.
Holland Rolandus
The Wandering Sellsword

Words: 150335
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2015, 6:29 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next