OOC Info [Alvadas] Registry and Calendar Summer 515 AV

Please post here if you're planning on playing in the city!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Alvadas] Registry and Calendar Summer 515 AV

Postby Fable on June 1st, 2015, 7:02 am

Summer Registry and Calendar
Summer 515 AV

As the watchtowers change in a brilliant flash from green to yellow, the season of summer has arrived. Like the warming of the days outside the city, Alvadas finds its own way to celebrate the changing of the times...

1 - 60 Summer 515 AV

Watch out where you step, because there's a good chance there isn't anywhere for your feet to go but down! The city has decided it would like to take a dip into the earth's crust, becoming a spiral pit of buildings, rocks, caves, and the occasional wild bear.

That Sinking Feeling
While buildings still exist, they are for the most part large stone structures. The majority of shops and business are now housed within caves, but no one is really quite sure if the number of caves actually equal the number of homes and business. Navigation around the city becomes a bit more difficult for the duration of Sunken City's illusion.
Note: House keys will still guide people back to their homes.

Barely There
Bears! And people thought the ducks were bad. There are now seven distinct bears roaming about the city: each one is a different color of the rainbow. Watch out for Violet; he tends to be get a bit... violent. The others, however, are relatively harmless: Red likes music, Blue is best for rides, Orange seems to have a fondness for children, Yellow is mellow, Green's spit works wonders for dry or cracking skin, and Indigo has a habit of showing up in strange places.
Notes: Bears do not need to be moderated unless you plan on fighting them. Violet requires moderator assistance.

Rolling in the Deep - 20 to 35 Summer 515 AV
With the newly sloped roads that all lead down to an empty arena at the bottom of the city, a certain group of enterprising young Symenestra have crafted "silk-sleds" to be raced down certain stretches of the city's roads. They're charging 1 CM per single's sled and 3 CM per double's. It quickly becomes one of the "must-do"s of the season, and only three people die in the process! An all around good run.

Quaker Moats - 35 Summer 515 AV
A moderate tremor is felt within the city. Some roads sprout waterways, flowing rivers that flow into and out of the various caves. No one is quite sure where the water comes from or where it's going.

Cavern Fever
While most of the caves that have popped up are simply just entrances to the various establishments within the city, several people have reported following tunnels and finding themselves somewhere outside of the city. The Gaping Maw sees an unnaturally large increase in foot traffic due to the tunnels seemingly disappearing after they've been traveled through.

Bonnie and Clyde - 60 Spring 515 AV
Two nuit appear in the basin in the early morning. No one knows where they came from or who they are. They speak with the Speakers and are given a room in the Cubacious Inn. Rumors fly like wildfire, and it seems that people's valuables have begun to mysteriously disappear. All fingers point to the pale, slightly rotted duo, but it would seem the Speakers have no intention of chastising them for it. Curious.

61 - 80 Summer 515 AV

As quickly as the city found itself a sunken, partially-subterranean pit, the buildings have all decided that short, squat, and square is the new fashion. All buildings now look exactly the same, and the ground is once more leveled out into evenly quartered, neat streets.

Blanding In
To say the people of Alvadas find the sudden shift to neutral greys and uniform housing odd would be a lie. The people embrace the change and fashion quickly shifts to a monochrome pallet of blacks to whites, each person striving to appear the most dull. Even the Speakers join in on the wardrobe shift! Laughter, of course, is still a must.
Note: During this time, wearing anything but drab clothing within the given pallet will make one stick out like a sore thumb, in the worst of ways.

The Pudgy Men - 65 to 80 Summer 514
In the midst of everyone's paradoxically insipid festivities, a short, blank faced man of rotund proportions appears at the corner of every block. He seems to be alive, but he is completely unresponsive to anything directed at him. Most of the Alvads find the little fat men to be oddly endearing, and it is not uncommon to find people dressing them up in various styles and make ups. The Pudgy Men seem to be the only extrinsic things in the city that will retain any color or frivolity added to them, as any other attempt to decorate the city is erased the moment one turns their back on it.

Forget Me Not - 75 Summer 514 onwards
People begin to start forgetting things; not everyone is affected, however. Forgetfulness ranges from complete and utter amnesia and confusion to not quite being sure where one just was or where one was going. Some seems concerned, while most of the city treats it just like any other illusion. Ionu's Mercy is finding its beds full of addled individuals.
Note: This affects NPCs only. Please PM Fable if you would like to check and see if a name NPC is affected.

Hush - 80 Summer 515 AV
For the entire day beginning directly after the 24th bell on the 79th day of Summer, the entire city is silent. Not a single noise can be heard - or perhaps it can't be made? - for the 24 bells. Many people use this as a time for retrospection while even more use it as a time to see just how extensive the absolute silence is.
Note: Unlike other illusions, this applies indoors. This does not, however, apply outside of the city.

81 - 89 Summer 515 AV

The streets are gone! All doors now lead into other buildings. Don't worry! Doors that would usually be locked with a key aren't accessible, and any key used in any lock will open the door its meant for. Usually.

The Skeleton Key
While all the doors lead to random locations, keys made of ivory have begun to appear in various places. These keys do not fit into any of the locks on any of the doors, however it has been rumored that somewhere there is a door to match the key.
Note: Write a thread looking for a key, and at the end we'll see if you find one! Same goes for doors.

The Empty Room
Occasionally, doors will open into a square, wood paneled room with red stone tiling and a ceiling that twinkles like the night sky. No one is quite sure what the room is for or where it even is, but only one person can be in the room at a time. While the room itself can be marked and marred, everything seems to reset the instant one leaves the room. The only other features of note are two life-sized portraits of the mysterious nuit from earlier in the season, both wearing only a strange, knowing smile.
Note: This room can be found by anyone, however if you intend to find it please title your thread as "The Empty Room [Date]".

A Day in the Neighborhood - 90 Summer 515 AV
The city is back to whatever "normalcy" there was before. Doors lead back to twisting streets, and the city is one more as it was, right down to all the missing valuables. However, those who's memories were lost seem to have grown even more forgetful.

Seasonal Challenges:
Play with one of the bears
Decorate a Pudgy Man
"Bland" in
Win a silk-sled race
Find The Empty Room
Locate either a key or a door for one
Find a tunnel that leads outside
Lose something valuable for the season
Find something of value
Take a crack at the mystery of the nuit

Registry
For all those who wish to play in Alvadas this summer, please post in this thread following the registry form!

Code: Select all
[center]
[size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]
[b]PC Name: [/b]
[b]Age & Sex:[/b]
[b]Profession:[/b]
[b]Purpose of Being In Alvadas:[/b]
[b]Likes To Thread About:[/b]
[b]Dislikes To Thread About:[/b]
[b]Needs Training/Moderator Assistance:[/b]
[b]Willing to Guest Moderate?:[/b]
[b]Additional Comments:[/b]
Fable
A yarn is spun from many strings.

Words: 267393
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Yisanareysin on June 1st, 2015, 12:57 pm

Character Registry

PC Name: Yisanareysin
Age & Sex: 118 - Male
Profession: Sneaky Sneak (Spy)
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: It's like the dhani equivalent of backpacking around Europe, except I hope that most high school graduates taking gap years don't think about killing and eating Europeans
Likes To Thread About: All things are cool.
Dislikes To Thread About: Threads that are just small talk
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Nah
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Pass
Additional Comments: Rey's gonna go rock climbing and fall on his ass

Snake Tongue : Common : Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Kry on June 1st, 2015, 1:03 pm

[size=150]Character Registry

PC Name: Kry
Age & Sex:14/F
Profession:Smith
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Living?
Likes To Thread About:Anything
Dislikes To Thread About: Nothing
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Nah
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Prolly not
Additional Comments: Fable is Bey
[/size]
Kry
The Somnolent Smith

Words: 50927
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2014, 12:13 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Phobius on June 1st, 2015, 9:02 pm

Character Registry

PC Name: Phobius
Age & Sex: 19, Male
Profession: Courier
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Makin' friends, going on adventures, learning new things...it's become a home to him, by now.
Likes To Thread About: Anything and everything, as always! c:
Dislikes To Thread About: See above.
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Nope!
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Sure!
Additional Comments: Woo! Here's to a fantabulous summer filled with bears and fat men!

Note: Unless otherwise is stated, Phobius is almost always wearing a blue-beaded bracelet that alters illusions around him based on his mood. That can include player-made illusions. c:
Phobius
Perpetually Curious

Words: 283495
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2014, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aislyn Leavold on June 1st, 2015, 9:08 pm

Character Registry

PC Name: Aislyn Leavold
Age & Sex: 21 (as of the 1st of summer) & Female
Profession: Freelance Artist.
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Residence.
Likes To Thread About: Development stuff.
Dislikes To Thread About: Unfortunately, job threads. I'm sorry that I'm a horrible person.
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Not at the moment.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Not right now.
Additional Comments: All good threads happen in mazes and with at least one PC your character can't stand.
Aislyn Leavold
Just an illusion.

Words: 647829
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
2016 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2016 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Sayana on June 19th, 2015, 10:36 pm

Character Registry

PC Name: Sayana
Age & Sex: 21, Female
Profession: Dancer (to be determined in the Fall)
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: An escape and a new start. We'll see how that goes.
Likes To Thread About: Character development, intelligence plots, shady stuff
Dislikes To Thread About: Meet and greets? I'm always happy to come up with something more interesting
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Unlikely
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Not for Summer
Additional Comments: Sayana is arriving on the 85th of Summer, practically at the end. It will be a-door-able when she arrives. I'll have to make sure certain threads get completed first but I wanted to post this now in case anyone is curious to plot.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Lu Gavima on July 6th, 2015, 5:45 am

Character Registry

PC Name: Lu Gavima
Age & Sex: 22, Male
Profession: Former Shinya, now wanderer
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Discover True Nature
Likes To Thread About: Anything
Dislikes To Thread About: Nothing
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: I might face Violet if no one else has. It's not his first time against a bear.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Absolutely.
Additional Comments: Glad to be here.
Lu Gavima
Devoted Shinya

Words: 134685
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2011, 5:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vard Briar on July 9th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Date

Character Registry

PC Name: Vard Briar
Age & Sex: 24, Male
Profession: Busker (Musical Master! Or not...)
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Eventual goal is to settle down and buy a house here. I don't think Vard's realized that yet.
Likes To Thread About: Anything, but especially adventurous stuff.
Dislikes To Thread About: Nothing, unless it involves smoochery. Smooch smooch...
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Nope. Though I do make mistakes still from time to time. XD
Willing to Guest Moderate?: If I need to, I'll put my best foot forward. (Probably not a good idea to recruit me.
Additional Comments: I love Alvadas, but Vard's not called the Lonely Gentleman for nothing! I need friends, and I would love to plot with somebody.

Class is remaining true to yourself

No matter the cost
Vard Briar
Gentleman Spider

Words: 60378
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2014, 4:14 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Karin on July 17th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Character Registry

PC Name: Karin Ironyach
Age & Sex: 17 & female
Profession: none yet? Eek!
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Living here
Likes To Thread About: Anything! I'm new so I'm pretty inquisitive :)
Dislikes To Thread About: I don't dislike anything, I think.
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: Maybe
Willing to Guest Moderate?: Nope, beginner so wouldn't be too sure about it.
Additional Comments: My character sheet has yet to be approved, but I'm not posting until I've got everything sorted out. Which should hopefully be soon. Also I am a beginner, so please have patience with me! :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Oceane Fougere on August 7th, 2015, 6:41 pm

Character Registry

PC Name:Océane Fougère
Age & Sex:23, Female
Profession: Reimancer
Purpose of Being In Alvadas: Journey of Discovering oneself, as well as learning of the past
Likes To Thread About: I do not mind threading about anything really. My FAVORITES would be Drama, Action, Mystery, and Romance...haha.
Dislikes To Thread About: I do not like to thread about things that have no plot to them. If we are just conversating I become bored and lose creativity with that thread. Spice it up with emotions, expressions, action, drama, and I am all in!
Needs Training/Moderator Assistance: I would like to eventually learn a few other magics, mainly personal but also some world as well.
Willing to Guest Moderate?: If you are desperate.. uhm.. Sure? ;)
Additional Comments: If anyone would like to start up a thread PM me. I am waiting for the little green check mark, but that does not mean we can not still plot! :D
Will Be Inactive for 60 Days.
Oceane Fougere
Player

Words: 20012
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2015, 5:09 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Next