Guest Story Telling Exchange Program

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Nivel on December 11th, 2015, 4:10 am

I've been wanting to try my hand at guest story telling but I'd like practice at it first. I mentioned this in chat and a few people seemed interested in being part of some kind of exchange program for GSTing.
It would work by having two people interested in GSTing do very simple moderated threads for each other and then giving feed back on how it went and how they could improve in the future.
Is anyone interested in something like this?
Also make sure to look over the Application Form

List of Participants:
  • Nivel
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Mage Squire/Knight
    Character Goals: I don't have any thing particular I'd like Nivel to accomplish that I'm not already doing. Although Nivel recently over gave a bit and has to deal with the consequences as well as her tails having a mind of their own.
    Skills you want help with: Acrobatics, crafting (sewing, crocheting, construction), Pyken, Animal husbandry, Herbology, dancing, Human anatomy and Magic (reimancy and Shielding)
    Skills your willing to Moderate for: Pretty much anything but the skills I know the most about in real life are art related.
    [b]Everything Else: I'm probably better at weird and silly threads than anything else but I'm open to doing more serious threads for people as well.
  • Sayana
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Spy (pending)
    Character Goals: Many. But if I were to get a GST'd thread, one idea is to fight an epic battle against undead in Alvadas. (I want to make it challenging for Sayana, though it could also be a solo if need be)
    Skills you want help with: Intelligence, poison, escape artist (if you don't like the above thread idea, I have others that may incorporate these skills)
    Skills your willing to Moderate for: Many, but I have a preference for sneaky spy-like skills. I can help with some magic, but not all. I'm not big on "pure heroics". I'd much rather give a good dose of realism and play with moral ambiguities. Though your character can certainly 'think' they are a true hero. I'd like the thread to be one that you can't do very well as a solo for various reasons (otherwise, you really ought to just do it as a solo). This includes mundane skill training.

Everything Else:
    Required Activity Levels: Maximum 1-2 weeks to reply to a post. I find that after 10 days of waiting on a response I begin losing interest and forget what's happening in the story. I will, however, wait a full month before deciding not to continue. That means if I am the GST, I won't write anymore for the story. If I am the PC, I will submit the thread for grading.
    Matchmaking/Partners: I would only like to partner up with someone if they fulfill one or more of these requirements:
    1) I have roleplayed with you ICly
    2) I have graded your threads (of this particular character)
    3) I know you fairly well in Chat.
    My own schedule: I may not be available until January to properly start things. But we can plot, and if it's a really good plot then I might be able to squeeze it in.
    One more thing... If there's an excuse to make a detailed map of the lay of the land, I would happily take that excuse. I enjoy making maps and it could be a small personal map just for the PC's adventures.

Disclaimer: Yes I'm picky.
  • Firenze
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: None at the current moment. She has been a Hunter and Prostitute in the past.

Character Goals: Firenze recently found out that she has a mother and grandmother in Zeltiva, her mother's husband had tracked her mother to Zeltiva and instead of finding his wife he instead found Firenze at the room her mother was staying at. Firenze refused to give away where her mother was, so he took her in attempts to lure her mother out. Firenze is in the midst of some pretty nasty family turmoil and developing off of this is my current goal. I have a few NPCs that will be in Syliras, to include: Faolan (Biological Father), Melody (Mother), Misha (Grandmother) and Vinicus (Mother's Husband).

Along with developing historical background for her I'm also interested in adventure, finding sanctuary, dealing with demons from her past or even possibly maybe finding her a bondmate.

Skills you want help with: Anything that could help with her (hopefully) future career skills. I would eventually like to have her become a Mercenary, Intel Messenger or "Femme Fatale" Assassin type. (Think looong term goal for Assassin). Weapons skill training would be beneficial. Intel, Intimidation, Seduction, or anything beneficial to those career paths.

Skills your willing to Moderate for: I'm pretty open to almost anything. I'm not as strong in magic or anything related to. Fighting can be possible but I may be slower to work through. Those are my two weak spots, other than that I'm pretty open to try any.

Everything Else: I'm excited to GST! I'm not super familiar with the process but I am open to learning and developing to becoming a stronger member of the community. I do have one request that if I GST that it is for someone that has over 50 posts so that I know that you are going to stick around for awhile and are going to benefit from having a GST. Other than that I look forward to the creativity that shall flow!
  • Aaliyah Tabr
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Harlot
    Character Goals: Having a good time. Picking up music, maybe.
    Skills you want help with: Primarily Seduction and Flirting.
    Skills your willing to Moderate for: I don't have any personal technical knowledge to offer, but I'm willing to give anything the ol' college try.
    Everything Else: I'll do my best to make things interesting.
  • Pulren Marsh
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Mercenary
    Character Goals: World exploration, epic adventures.
    Skills you want help with: Unarmed combat, Reimancy, Sailing, religious lores
    Skills your willing to Moderate for: Whatever you like. Combat, magic, social, educational
    Everything Else: I enjoy storytelling and am happy to work with you on whatever needs to be done. I prefer plot moving over skill grinding but I am happy to help however needed.
  • Alija
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Blacksmith
    Character Goals: Improving her blacksmithing and learning new crafting skills, becoming more scholarly and also investigating her aunt and the madness she has.
    Skills you want help WITH:[b] Any? Personally, I'd prefer to explore a story that work for skills, but incorporating above mentioned skills would always be a plus.
    [b]Skills your willing to Moderate for: Most, really. Combat, wilderness, investigation, magics, are always fun.
    Everything Else: Let the fun/torture commence! I want to write stories with you and challenge your PC, so be warned.
  • Azmere
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Ra'athi of the Watch but my job is technically pending. Tribal coerced me into signing up for the job but it came with the stipulation of punching in three extra threads before the end of the season and I have one left to do at present. Hopefully, this weekend I can knock it out.

Character goals: Purity through hard work. I want to push Az to face corruption, stagnation and deceit then succeed. I want him to grow in his skills and understanding of the world. I have many ideas for threads and ways to exhaust, frustrate, infuriate and confound Azmere. I'm ready for plotting!

Skills I want: Club***, Webbing**, Combat*, Wilderness Survival*, Tracking*, Longbow, Riding.

Not sure if this falls under skills but I want Az to face moral dilemmas and temptations. It doesn't matter if it's seduction of wealth and beauty or whether or not to intercede on behalf of someone else at his own risk. These situations are important as they will eventually lead to a gnosis.

Skills I can Moderate: I enjoy magic but lack the knowledge of Miz lore to really give anyone a good test but I can manage on basic levels. I can handle any form of military or tactical situation without any issue and have a zillion scenarios for any idea that one may have/want in that regard. I am a master at using physically demanding situations to test one's mental prowess and also excel at putting pressure on weak points in people's faith/belief system. While I can thread drama very well, it is something that will have to be outlined around the particular concept as people have different comforts and vary greatly in triggers. Aside form the magical aspects, I don't feel like I have any limitations on STing for someone especially if I have no attachment to his or her character.

Everything else: I prefer 1 post/week but more is obviously ok while less is acceptable once or twice with proper communication. I suck at maps but Sayana might be convincible in that regard if that is something the PC wants. XD I would like a bit of time [a week or so] to build a solid outline and generate any NPCs needed for the thread. I do not like to fly by the seat of my pants with STing and will need some time to prepare once the match has been made.

Finally, I will be out of town from 35715 until 36215.

• Lu Gavima
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Shinya Protector
    Character Goals: Inner Synthesis, Outer Perfection
    Skills you want help with: Acrobatics, Climbing, Running, Staff, Unarmed

Skills your willing to Moderate for: Anything

Everything Else: I am hoping for a training session with a Shinya Instructor. It will aid my goals and alleviate Neologism from having another modded thread to do. Contemplation toward Lu's work, inner musings would be great also. So if you are looking for deep innerspace exploration or physical training or both, I'm your man!
  • Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Hunter (Currently)
    Character Goals: Join the Sylrias Knights make a lot of friends. Finish up training with Joanna. And others. Learn a variety of skills. Other goals to come.
    Skills you want help with:N/A
    Skills your willing to Moderate for: I can manage to mod some, just not familiar with the brawling and unarmed combat kind of stuff. And PVP stuff. So yeah that is about it though.
    Everything Else: Im not a very fast learner, but if I get help to understand this process. Things would go more swimmingly. So just to let you guys know.
  • Evelyn
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Opera Singer at the Ethereal Opera House
    Character Goals: I'd really like for Evelyn to get more initiated into politics within Lhavit. She needs to start making connections.
    Skills you want help with: Looking for more help with politics, law, leadership, and persuasion.
    Skills your willing to Moderate for: I'm good with anything having to do with art, ex.) music, singing, drawing, pottery, painting. Anything in the medical field. Anything nature, gardening, hunting.
    Everything Else: Don't worry about my post count! This is a alt account. I assure you I'm staying around

• Karin Ironyach
    Secret :
    Character Occupation: Apprentice woodworker/carpenter
    Character Goals: So! For a guest storyteller thread, I'm looking for something simple really: a flashback where my character gets to push the boundaries of her skills in swimming.
    Skills you want help with: Anything associated with the above! Endurance maybe? Also combat.
    Skills you're willing to Moderate for: I am willing to moderate for skills associated with anything. I'm still not terribly secure on aspects of magic, but I would (and will) put a lot of work into any potential thread to learn magic-y related things, if required.
    Everything Else: I am: someone who absolutely loves well-described scenery, and all the nature surrounding the character. So subsequently, for a thread I would be looking for: someone who writes a great deal of scenery. Also, sea creatures.

Also also, I am friendly, and a little late with getting this in O.o (sorry 'bout that).

I also made a little thingy for you to fill out to help with the matching process.

Code: Select all
    [b]Character Name:[/b]
    [b]Character Occupation:[/b]
    [b]Character Goals:[/b]
    [b]Skills you want help with:[/b]
    [b]Skills your willing to Moderate for:[/b]
    [b]Everything Else:[/b]

Credit for Boxcode goes to Estrellir Konrath
Last edited by Nivel on December 19th, 2015, 6:56 am, edited 26 times in total.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Firenze on December 11th, 2015, 4:23 am

You know I'm interested! I'll look over the application as soon as I can. I'm glad you got this put up!
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nivel on December 11th, 2015, 4:28 am

Yay, Also I love your box code :P

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Ixzo on December 11th, 2015, 4:32 am

I might be interested in helping out, however I am not sure I will have the time. :P If we can't join right away, would I be able to hop in later?
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Nivel on December 11th, 2015, 4:39 am

I don't see why you wouldn't, I might be doing this for a while if its successful.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Aaliyah Tabr on December 11th, 2015, 1:23 pm

I've been thinking about guest storytelling lately. This is a great idea! Count me in!
Aaliyah Tabr
Harlot

Words: 17646
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 1:52 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Nivel on December 11th, 2015, 3:59 pm

You've been added. I was wondering if I should set this up randomly, couple people of shared goals/interests or if I should let people choose their partners. Probably take it on a case to case basis.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 11th, 2015, 4:33 pm

I'm definitely in. I look forward to doing this for anyone.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Nivel on December 11th, 2015, 9:34 pm

I added a little survey thingy me do for you guys to fill out. If you could do that it and send it to me, I could add it to the first post.

Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes