Open [Antinous Training Grounds] Turning Tables.

Sera Slyth and Archailist hold open lessons to anyone willing to endure!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Training Grounds] Turning Tables.

Postby Archailist on March 16th, 2016, 4:13 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

86th of Spring, 515.

At long last, it felt like Arch had gained a little control for himself. His time spent working with Sergeants like Ser Zulkar and even the Stewart Knight, Ser Turna, gave him just enough recognition to show that he'd be a somewhat viable asset when it came to training. Even if he was, still, only a squire; one step above the lowest possible, when it came to the pecking order. It didn't matter how many knights he out-smarted on the battlefield, either - as long as his knighting quest was delayed, it still meant that he'd never hold enough authority to put his talents to good use. Which was why, until such a time as he claimed that position, he'd have to enlist the help of someone else to give his words a little more kick. Or, in this case, someone would step forward of their own accord. He'd already gone to the usual candidates to ask for a little support but everyone was either busy attending to their own subordinates, or simply uninterested. However, in an unprecedented act of kindness, Ser Turna had forwarded his summons to a Sergeant who he believed 'would be sympathetic to his plight', and in an even more surprising act, that knight had agreed. They were all scheduled to meet in the Training Grounds, around the tenth bell, outside the entrance of the Training Grounds.

Arch had arrived a full bell before then. His Py-Pole came with him as standard, pressed into the slot of clay in his back like a makeshift weapons harness. At his hip was a second weapon, coiled tightly and pressed firmly into a circular wedge - his Py-Whip. A weapon he'd had barely any practice with in the past; something he hoped to correct.

Sera Slythe arrived half a bell later. She stood a foot tall, though her body was so thin, it seemed like she was stretching herself out to appear taller at the cost of her girth. She was literally skeletal - mostly grey clay with small hints of brown around her exposed joints, empty sockets and an exposed jaw with a few teeth still hanging inside. Despite her ghoulish figure, she walked with a straight back and a commanding stride; every bit a Sergeant, which he could tell from the small metal circle pinned to her exposed collarbone, with two swords to denote her superior rank. "Archailist." He stood to attention immediately, but couldn't find any words to offer. Another Pycon? And a Sergeant? She seemed to catch his unease and offered a very thin, skeletal hand that he shook after a moment of hesitation. Holy SHYKE! Her grip was like iron.

"Pleasure. Suppose we'll just be waiting on the new students for the day, hmm. I'll be waiting on the side, should you need anything." Ahh, yes. He'd spread an open invitation through the knights he knew, asking to spread it on to anyone else they might know. Of course, most likely, they'd just invite their squires and send them all his way. Oh well; as long as he got the opportunity to show himself a little more, he'd be more than happy.

"Quite surprised that you'd not join in, but, yes." He'd never been more terrified than by a Sergeant Knight glaring at him with empty eye-sockets. Even if they were obviously made of clay, it still brought a shiver to his nexus. "Sorry, Sera." Lesson learned. He stood by the entrance with his fellow Pycon a few steps away, both arms folded behind their backs, waiting quietly for their soon-to-be students to arrive.
Last edited by Archailist on March 23rd, 2016, 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on March 16th, 2016, 5:13 pm

Sera Avrial Stalinsa was invited to show up to the pycon gathering. She was hoping to learn a thing or two about unarmed combat there was a big rumor going around in the first wing about pycons having insane martial arts skill one name in particular that came up frequently was Ball. In fact if there was a lack of appearences there was also another rumor that the pycon gathering was a ploy for Ball to catch unwitting squires and grind them into dirt with brutal physical training. Bunch of wimps really, how rough could the pycon troupe be? They stood maybe ankle high, she'd jest to herself to watch her step as she wouldnt want to scrap one off the tread of her grieves.

She balled her hand into a fist and executed a quick punch followed by another one in rapid succession. She was amping herself up for this, practicing her punches as stepped out and widened her stance. She really wanted to brush up on her unarmed combat because it proved to be a valuable tool in her dual wielding arsenal and her ability in Flux made it even better. She decided it was best to not look like a spaz and with a heavy heart put her hands down to her side as she walked into the tent like drapery and ascended the stairs.

She was drenched in full plate and had a black cloak that draped over shoulders thats hood shrouded her eyes in a veil of darkness, this time around if someone tried to cut her armor from behind her they'd have to wrangle with the fabric of her draping cloak. And at each hip she had one sheath that jangled as metal clattered against metal. Each armored hand had access to one kilij on each side. This knight in particular had an affinity for wielding two swords, and had no qualms with using anything to improve her ability especially magic.

She was every bit as pompous and haughty as you'd expect from a Stalinsa with the right amount of shamefully smug arrogance you'd expect from the noble class.

Hail, I'm Sera Avrial Stalinsa
And I was invited to learn some martial arts training or that's what I was told, so I thought I'd show up.

Her voice was sweet and flowery and almost contradicted what you'd expect from all outward appearances and posturing. Although there was a bit of emphasis on the unranked knights last name.

She turned and smiled warmly at a pycon that had taken on the forms of animals she'd call this abominable mash up of critters a squieer yes part deer part squirrel it made only made perfect sense.

That other one was a particular creeper for sure, she never really seen anything more disturbing then a moving doll that had its empty eye sockets just gazing at her. Good gods, get some eyeballs and have a sandwich you creepy little shyke.

There was a moment of awkward silence as Avrial was adjusting to the inhabitants of the roof
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Words: 32993
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 22nd, 2016, 2:30 am

Timestamp || Location

With each and every passing or passed day and night. Ser Xervos went to levels such as training where it intended to be a mere importance in the Kenashian's life. And Ferrin had bounded to the fact that he'll be training in this state for seasons, perhaps even years. And the man highly knew of what was to become of him as he stood before his patron.

Shockingly, there was one of the Sergeant Knights and even a couple of other fellow Knights who had entered the Grounds. Whilist Ferrin had hacked and thrusted at the dummy with his sword and blocked imagniative strikes from his upscale adversary. Ser Xervos grasped a shoulder of the squire and told him to cease the attacks. And Ferrin did so.

Within a few chimes the Knights and Sargent Knight trekked towards the more central portion of The Grounds. Where already there had been a few squires at bay and at hand awaiting for something. And they all had stood around one particular thing... A thing, not a thing no... It appeared to be familiar to the Squire. Yes. From the small openeings that Ferrin could peer through that was left open by the patrons and their Squires. Stood, a clay like creature.

Archailist. Or Arch since that was he preferred right? His somewhat unique squirrel abode formed with antler heads and other unique physiques. Ferrin smiled a bit as he came to realization. Was Arch perfomring some sort of drill? Or was he trying to gather everyone's attention... But then he heard his Knight speak to him. "From the best of my Knowledge Ferrin. It seems that one of the Squires are giving out training lessons. I'm not to keen on what it is though. Come, let us go and see."Said Ser Xervos as he gestured his hands to follow.

Ferrin unsheathed his blade and grasped his shield gently."Ser, server does this mean for the rest of the day?" Asked Ferrin as he followed behind his patron. The Knight sighed in relief as he expected something to be asked of the same manner."It means... Let us see how well you perform. Surely all that training must have infused some sort of energy into you. "The man asked unhappily.

Ferrin flushed a low tinted red over his cheeks. " Yes Ser. I suppose I'm ready. Ready for what exactly, a lecture? Or an actual spar?" Ferrin asked ignorantly."Well, best you find out then. I'll be examining your work. And take mental notes about your progress and see what we would still have to work on. Be sure though, to keep your eyes on your opponent whenever your in battle. Remember. And also, I'll still be here. You technically have the day off from training with me, unless you don't want to approach this squire?"Ser Xervos stated clearly that he wanted Ferrin to progress in his training. Ferrin strolled up to the Pycon Squire with a smile as Ser Xervos stood behind his fellow Knights.

"Hey there Arch. What's going on exactly...."Asked Ferrin awkwardly as he eyed the Pycon with a gentle gaze. And hoped for a satisfactory reply.
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 24th, 2016, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on March 23rd, 2016, 5:16 pm

GARONN

The Akalak had been gone from Syliras for a long time. For the last month he had been training with Squire Faircroft in order to get back into fighting shape. The Knight still had a long way to go, so attending the open unarmed training session at the Antinous was another crucial step in the long ladder to former glory. Today the Dark Brother would be taking control, for the Light Brother had been running the show for many years without cease. The pair had been waking up earlier than all the rest to put in work. By the tenth bell, the Akalak was already feeling the burn.

Walking towards the Noble Pycon Archailist, Garonn's face was sweaty and grim. He did not know who the other's were. The Akalak could spot a Stalinsa anywhere though.

Garoon didn't say a word, but he threw a scoffing look of disdain at the Sera, A Stalinsa? Bah...

The Akalak had participated in several battles and each time the Stalinsas were nowhere to be seen. They did not lead any charges or held any shield walls with him. In fact, Captain Stalinsa's style of command was something that the Light Brother disagreed with openly.

Placing his helmat on the floor, Garonn began to tighten the straps on his plate and readjust his gauntlets. When he was done he slammed his fists together with a loud crunch.

Giving a piercing look to Avrial, the Knight's cold yellow eyes did all the talking, You are sparring me today, Stalinsa,

Picking up the helmat, he placed it on his head and slammed the visor down forcibly as a statement of dislike.

Now they only need to wait for the instructions to begin.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Archailist on March 23rd, 2016, 7:21 pm

He was, admittedly, surprised with the outcome. Three people filtering in one-by-one; two of them knights. "Yes yes, thank you Sera," he replied to Avrial disinterestedly, "Send my well-wishes to Captain Stalinsa. Just say a squirrel sent them, he'll know what it means." He'd met the old man earlier on in that very season, perhaps only several days ago or more - and taken a dislike for the man within about the first three chimes of meeting him. Sera Avrial was to be congratulated, she'd done it in two. Ser Imass he didn't offer a greeting to, nor make eye contact with. He'd seemed like a somewhat nice guy but after the briefing fiasco he was unsure. Some small part of his nexus had a very large wish to beat the everliving shyke out of the Akalak, but in his ignorance, it was easy to hold that back and remain neutral. The only person he didn't immediately hate was Ferrin.

"Oh! Hey Ferrin." He offered a gentle smile. "Guess you took the plunge, then." The last time he'd talked to the boy, they'd discussed knighthood possibilities.. and now he was glancing over the squire's shoulder at his patron knight, in the middle of the Training Grounds. Not even a real hello to show for it, either. "Well, I'm kinda hosting some lessons for anyone that's interested.. I mean, you're welcome to join in if you want." Speaking of which, it looked like nobody else was planning on showing up for now, so he might as well make a start before the two knights got bored.
---

"Alright!" he shouted to draw attention back from the two knights and one squire. "Before we start, I just want to clear a few things. My name is Archailist, and behind me is Sergeant Sera Slythe," he said while gesturing back towards her and adding in a softer voice unlikely to be heard, "although I don't think she'll be adding to any of the teachings today." He turned back again, straightened his back, and drew a deep breath. "This is an optional lesson. If you have any issues with being taught in combat by a squire, which I understand is a touchy subject for some, feel free to leave now." He paused. "If anyone has any issues with being taught by a Pycon, again, feel free to leave." Another pause. "Alright then, moving to the next point."

Now came another.. erm.. difficult subject to address. "If I'm wrong, feel free to ignore me at this point, alright, but I want to make something perfectly clear." The Pycon took a more informal approach - sitting down on the low wall that separated two of the arenas with his legs dangling down over the side. "I'm guessing you're all here to.. well, to become great fighters, yeah?" He looked around, primarily at Ferrin but at the two knights as well, absently nodding his head as if encouraging them to do the same. "You're here to learn some.. some martial arts or to train with your weapons or something, make yourself stronger and faster as a fighter." More nodding. "Well, I'm not showing you that. You don't need to be better fighters." Now he was speaking with the mind of a tactician looking over his soldiers. "It doesn't matter how fast you swing your sword, it doesn't matter how quickly you can break a man's neck or slice him in two or shoot an arrow through his head, get that shyke and throw it away because I'm here to tell you that it's not important." He'd seen it most often in his patron Ser Iros; a man who had little care for anything other than building his body to new heights... knights becoming so embroiled in their own little passions that they lost focus on the real point of all of this effort, all of this training and dedication that they seemed so eager to work themselves into.

"What I show you, can be used in those ways.. but that's not the reason I'm telling them today. I'm going to be showing you how to do the jobs you will eventually fill, or, if you're already doing them, how to do them even better - protecting civilians. The most important and the most valuable thing that any knight can do, that some have unfortunately forgotten." He was fully aware of the futility and indeed the outright stupidity of trying to show a knight how to do their own job but, in the past year, he'd come to realize that sometimes even the best and most respected members of the Order could veer from their path. Not that it was ever the job of a squire to put high-ranking knights in their place but at the end of the day, advice could come from anyone, and that was all he was here to give.

"Let's start with a little example to show what I mean by this, then we'll have Ser Imass and Sera Stalinsa spar together on the narrow corridor field over there. Ferrin, you can stand by the side with me and observe. First, though, Sera Stalinsa, stand in front of me, front and center." He slid off the edge of the wall and moved more towards one of the sandy-spaced arenas with little to them. There, he tapped a space on the sand directly ahead of the middle and took a few steps back to give them a few feet of distance. Only a few, nothing more. "Imagine that there is a small, unarmed family of civilians behind you, heavily injured and unprepared. I'm a murderer and I'm going to kill them. Stop me." It was as simple as that. "Use your weapons as you please. If I get behind you, you've failed the exercise."
Last edited by Archailist on March 25th, 2016, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on March 24th, 2016, 8:47 pm

She stood there peering at the akalak and his yellow eyes shot her a glare of contempt and disdain she could litterally feel the hostility emenating off his form as he smashed his two fists together. His dour demeanor a quiet intensity that while noiseless hissed in her direction and shook her core as she felt intimidatin roll over her. Avrial felt her nerves rattled by the imposing knight. On the roof top his silence was deafening, no hails or cordial formalities as he sat there tightening his gear and preparing himself to seek some personal satisfaction by using her as his personal whipping boy. It wouldn't have been the first time she was actively sought out by someone who had an issue with her uncles or cousins.

He must have been unhappy with someone in her family, most were for some reason or another but she couldn't help it superiority was bred in her bones. The gunk, sweat and grit on his face said it all he was either a hardened veteran, a front line soldier perhaps a vanguard or maybe someone that wanted to make a name for themselves. Or maybe he was one of those individuals that thought he could save everyone and had all the answers all the while there ideals made them blind to the blood price that had to be paid. In the long run they had it easy as knights, he didn't know what it was like to tell a unit or personal friend to hold a position and know they would have to sacrifice themselves to either complete the mission or allow the rest of there forces to withdraw. And then hearing the contemptuous whispers of outrage for those actions and orders to save those very people as they strode through the castle halls. Until the words acceptable losses haunted the Akalak, he could tend to his precious shield wall and pretend that his infinitesimal responcibility was the only hardship and that those above him did not suffer if not worse then him.

She might have been intimidated by him but she stepped up and matched his gaze and beamed a subtle though capricious shyke eating grin. The signature sarcastic Stalinsa smile so infamous and widely recognized in the ranks of the order it should have been the default family heirloom. It resonated a petch you to his face without even having to utter the words from her pretty little lips. Your not special take your ticket go to the back of the line and wait your turn. She didn't have to say it as her thoughts were projected to him through subtle facial gestures just to make sure she was crystal clear, she even went so far as to roll her eyes at the akalak as he slammed the visor to his helmet in her direction.

Her eyes roamed elsewhere as she put the blue warrior on a mental ignore. But green eyes would sweep back to him periodically as she was unnerved by his presence.

Her eyes rested on a squire that had shown up, he seemed like a great candidate to become a knight. She felt like she could empathize with him, as his patron was a stern looking indivudual. Gave her a brief flashback of her days as a squire. And Archailist seemed to be taken by him, they must have known each other or were friends but she couldn't rightly tell.

Once again a nervous look at the blue brute before addressing Archailist.

Yes, absolutely.
I'm sure my uncle will be delighted

It was to be expected she was half ignored and was only wanted as a personal courier to scuttle sweet nothings to her uncle. gods it would be nice if someone said, nice to meet you Avrial, or how you doing. Nope always blah blah blah uncle this uncle that she retained her composure but made a mental note like she always did to conveniently forget to relay the message and kept herself scarce as he began his introduction into his crash course. She was nodding as he spoke but she really didn't know what to make of the pycon as he waltzed with his lecture. Her heart skipped a beat and danced for joy when she was told it would not be about combat, shuddering at the thought of that blue oaf drop kicking her off the roof. But then that little ray of hope quickly sank as she was partnered up with that very beast. Avrial felt a bit of a lump in her throat but carried her confident stride and demeanor as Archailist the squirrel squire asked her to to take the center line.

Avrial readied herself as she drew both her swords and nodded at the pycon that she understood the instructions. She took a moment to think and shifted her stance leading with the right. Avrial was hoping that the standard dual wielding stance would be intimidating enough to throw off the Pycon who's primary objective was to get behind her.
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Words: 32993
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 24th, 2016, 10:06 pm

Timestamp || Location

"Common" "Others Speaking"

Training? Is this what this was. So Ser Xervos, was right. Ferrins Uncle. A session for training. Why was Archailist introducing this to his fellow Knighthood? "Oh yes. My Uncle... Er ah Ser Xervos I mean said that I can stay."Said Ferrin with a wry smile. The Kenashian can recall the time when he had encountered the little Squirrel Pycon at the Stone Gardens. On one of those fall days with the nippy winds and the cool breezes. Archailist had given Ferrin many tips and pointers. And it appeared that these tips and pointers might be presented to the majority of the members of The Order here. Or at least some of the similar tactics and definitely new advice as well.

"Yes, Ser Xervos is my patron I reckon... And it appeared I had taken the plunge in a way..."Ferrin said with a small smile over his face as he knew that the Pycon Squire had intended it to be a small joke. There were other Knights here as well, and it seemed that there was another member of The Order who had a notorious entitlement to their family name. But, as Ferrin had a lack of history through Syliras the man knew little of whom this confident woman was and why this Akalak had such a knack for disapproval towards this woman. Did the two have a relationship between themselves at one point in time?

Ferrin flushed a ginger red as he grew dumbfounded of the subject. Hopefully, no one had had noticed his inconvenience with the matter. Ferrin stood stiffly aside the Pycon Squire. Ser Xervos had stood in the trivial portion of the crowd as he watched carefully for the Squire Pycon's intentions and decided that it was moderate for him to stay and watch as the Pycon progresses through the session. And Ferrin felt a small chill run up his spine and hadn't figured out yet what Archs' intentions were.

The Kenashian could recall multiple days of training prior when he lived in Kenash with his family whilist he was a young boy. Though, his father fled from the opportunity of wanting to become a Squire. Though, he might still have the rights of being a Squire at the most part. But, he still avoided his duties of being one of The Order. Unless, he had figured his way into being a fighter in Kenash? Or for Cyphrus?

Arch had ordered two of those who were once spectating to sustain a fighting stance and prepare for an attack. Ferrin stood beside the Pycon, but he was instructed to examine and speculate whilst the three men; two men, and the female, were fighting. Of course, the female engaged her combat style with a duelwielding capability. So, it almost appeared as if it were a three on one. But, to Ferrin it had shown him that it still was a 2:1 ratio in battling whom against whom.

The Pycon had meant for him to fend for himself while he stood against the two warriors. And Ferrin had a slight thought of how the Pycon can only go about this encounter. Though, he wasn't quite sure on the thinking process of the Pycon. Ferrin waited patiently beside Arch and he had presented a form of analogy and ordered Sera to protect the civilians behind her, and Arch was not supposed to get behind her. And Ferrin waited for what was to become...

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on March 25th, 2016, 7:34 pm

GARONN

Garonn always felt much better behind the visor of the helmet. No one could see his eyes; no one could oust him from his brother Imass. The Dark Brother enjoyed anonymity that other's ignorance provided.

Focusing on the Pycon, Garonn ignored the glare of the Stalinsa brat, her time to taste steel would come soon enough. The Squirrel made it very clear to everyone the situation. Garonn hated the fact that the Pycon needed to announce his squirehood and race as a disclaimer. The politics behind such words was annoying.

Garonn decided to make his own statement to let everyone know his stance. Despite being muffled by his helmet, his words rang loudly, "I am a friend of the most Noble Race and those who do not agree are no friends of mine!"

The two brothers had done battle with Ball during the Campaign and his respect for Pycons was great.

As Archailist continued his words, Garonn noticed that the Squirrel had very good knowledge on tactics. He was no regular squire, not like the other boy -Ferrin- who was listening intently. Though the words about protecting citizens as the Knight's higher purpose was disheartening.

Why isn't he a Knight yet? He knows not of our true purpose: of our mission here on Mizahar... It is very sad... I will speak to Sera Slythe after this training... Imass grumbled slightly at the thoughts, but Garonn pushed the thoughts away.

As Sera Stalinsa and the Pycon prepared for the first repetition of the exercise, Garonn's head swiveled as Alexander Faircroft finally appeared at the training grounds with the Akalak's shield, sword, dagger, and tabard.

"Hurry up squire!" Garonn yelled at Faircroft.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 25th, 2016, 8:33 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Fourteen days…Fourteen long days Alex had been training with Imass in his patron’s absence. Greyheart had gone off for some secret mission on behalf of captain Stalinsa and Alex had been paired up with Ser Imass to assist him in regaining his former physique and stability. Though in Alex’s opinion if the man was this tough after three years of minimal movement and starvation, what in the name of Izurdin was he like when he was at peak physicality.

Another extra load of weight slung over his shoulders this day. He carried his usual assortment of gear including his weaponry and armour, but this time he was burdened with his temporary patron’s weapons and tabard, a further twenty or so pounds of gear. Forced to run the long way around the edge of the city to arrive at a destination literally yards away from the barracks. Still carrying as much weight as he was posed a difficult but a stipulation that Ser Imass had set.

He carried the weight at a good jog which along this distance would be impressive but in the sheer weight he was in was a feat in and of itself. Still Alex pushed on, and arrived only one to possibly three chimes late. Exhausted and already severely sleep deprived, given the four the bell starts and the twenty third bell finishes. Alex staggered up the steps of the training grounds. Pausing briefly atop the middle ground step. Imass must have seen him, or at least caught glimpse of his great sword and bow poking over the edge.

Fan-flippin-tastic, I’m already in trouble before I even get here. Alex composed himself as well as he could before climbing the stairs. Beads of sweat dripping down his brow from the pace and exertion, his hair sodden.
“Ser. I apologize for the late arrival, your gear.” Alex handed over the blade, shield, dagger and tabard before moving slightly out of range. If imass was likely to hit him again Alex had spent the last fourteen days getting pummelled and trained and in that time had learnt the length of Imass’ reach, at least bare handed.

Sucking down a breath finally through his teeth he took a quick stock of the people here.

Archilist; A pycon he knew at least somewhat. Alex viewed him as a good natured teacher if not a full friend yet. Given the incident immediately following Imass’ return.

Ferrin; Good natured hunter if a little too eager to speak. Had a problem of repeating the same moves over and over expecting them to work. A thing Alex had turned to his advantage in an earlier spar between them.

Avrial Stalinsa; Not entirely sure whether or not she was fully sane. Having been on the reciveing end of two magically enhanced blows from her he hadn’t recovered fully from then for around fifteen days. Even with several trips to the soothing waters. But a clear lack of remorse was the thing that rang out to him about her.

Sera Slythe and Ser Xervos; Alex knew very little about these two and would have to speak to them outside of a hostile environment such as this.

Still though three knights, and two squires taking lessons from a sergeant and a Squire. It made him wonder. If Archailist was as strong as he was and as intelligent as Alex thought him to be, then why was the Pycon not a knight yet? Was there a glitch in the system? Some kind of wrong letter crossed with the paperwork? Some misfiled request at the grandmasters office? What?

Only then though was Alex snapped back to the brute force of reality when he realised he’d said nothing and was just standing in the way.
“Oh…Pardon me, Sers and Seras.” With a soft word and a small salute Alex quietly ducked back and away into the shadows just standing by and watching, trying his best to keep quiet and out of the way. Half praying that Archailist didn’t hold a grudge. Or at the very least wasn’t as angry as he had been.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Archailist on March 25th, 2016, 10:35 pm

He was about ready to begin, but waited patiently as yet another arrival appeared - although this one, thankfully, was another that he was familiar with. Huh, he thought, watching the boy struggling up the steps with a sheer mountain of gear over his shoulders, wonder what the story is there. Either Alex had somehow managed to hit it off with the veteran knight after that faithful day or there was something else going on, but at the end of the day, it wasn't really his business to speculate over. "Alex, come over here, come on. I want you paying close attention to what happens here and don't go hiding in the shadows," he said while gesturing to a spot next between Ferrin and Imass. Drifting off into darkness seemed to be a problem for the boy. "You're not going to learn anything otherwise, and that's the whole reason you're here.. I hope." True, he barely knew anything about Imass but he sure seemed like the type that would take advantage of his squires whenever the opportunity arose.. perhaps that was just all Akalaks though, if Iros was anything to go off.

He turned back to Avrial. "Oh shyke," he muttered under his breath. Two weapons. The last time he'd seen anyone with the guts to throw two weapons together instead of bothering with the traditional setup was with Irathia. "Well I can tell you're going to be a barrel of laughs." The sarcasm was practically dripping off his voice as he looked towards the other two squires and knight. "The first thing you do is you look at your opponent. You search for weak spots, vulnerabilities, and this is where you start to use a little common sense too, people." As he was speaking, once again he turned back to the knight, although now he was starting to circle her in a wide path, walking slowly with his arms loose at his sides.

"Without a shield, Sera Avrial here has lost almost all of her defensive capabilities. If I had a long-ranged weapon, for example, the bow on Alex's back, I could shoot an arrow right over her shoulder and through the head of the father standing behind her. The only way she'd be able to stop me is hope there's not too much distance to run in all that heavy plate to slice me open before I can do it." He realized this was beginning to sound almost like a lecture, but he really didn't know how else he was supposed to explain these things other than through a little show-and-tell, so he continued, "Her only defense, here.. is offense."

Now, it was time to test that offense. He turned straight towards her, swallowed a breath and started walking forwards calmly. "The only two main forms of viable attack that I can see are your two swords and probably your feet. If I get too close you're probably going to stomp on me, aren't you." That was everyone's last resort when he got a little too close - they treated him like a rodent and used their big feet to try and crush his little head. "Well, have at it. No backing away." His eyes lingered from one blade to the other, mostly to her right.
Archailist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next