Open [Antinous Training Grounds] Turning Tables.

Sera Slyth and Archailist hold open lessons to anyone willing to endure!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antinous Training Grounds] Turning Tables.

Postby Alexander Ross on March 26th, 2016, 2:13 am

Alexander Ross

Spring was by far Alexander’s favorite season. Usually not too hot and not too cold, the perfect weather for training… which is exactly what he was on his way to do. A little while ago, the young man had received word that a certain squirrel-shaped Pycon was giving out lessons, an opportunity that Alex would absolutely loath to pass up. The nineteen-year-old Squire had even gone through the liberty of locating a set of armor that was much smaller and would fit his lithe form much better, rather than having to swim in a set of heavy and clunky armor that sorely restricted his movements during combat. His father’s longsword was securely harnessed to his back, rather than hanging at his side. While he didn’t mind the latter, the former felt much more comfortable.
The main reason why he was more excited than usual was not just because of training, even though it did play a rather large part. Alex had not seen Archailist at all since he had left Syliras on his latest voyage, which had lasted two full seasons. While they were not the closest of friends, it would be nice to see another friendly face. Not only that, but Arch was one of the best teachers he knew, aside from Orin and his own patron… even though the Pycon had not been able to actually teach him much. All the more reason for the young man to jump on this opportunity as soon as possible.
He strolled into the Training grounds, using his index finger to push his glasses further up the bridge of his nose. He wondered if Archailist would even recognize him. Then again, not much about him has actually changed, other than his hair getting a tad longer and his face more clean-shaven… which strangely enough gave him a bit of a feminine appearance. He instinctively tossed his head to the side, which flipped his bangs away from his eyes… for all the good it would do. It seemed he had arrived a bit late, for it seemed the Pycon had already gotten everyone’s attention and was already beginning the lesson. With a soft sigh, the boy crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall a few yards away. Ross had never been the type to make an entrance, as he much more preferred to wait around until he was noticed.
"I've never failed anyone, because there isn't anyone in my life who I can make proud."
Alexander Ross
Tell me, how does the end of my blade taste?

Words: 109201
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on March 26th, 2016, 5:20 pm

She was picking up what the squirrel squire was putting down as he danced a fine line between being insolent and in subordinate to a superior officer in front of a crowd. Sergeant blyth was probably grimacing about the prospect of Avrial reporting to her uncle directly about this and further adding her own personal experience about the increase in recurring behavior problems of pycons. Her word held the same merit as any other knight, but it was still a displeasing drop in the bucket. She could tell instantly why he wasn't given his knighting quest, he might have had big brains but until he realized he needed to respect rank and not disregard it he would simply remain stalagnant those cute little outbursty snippets of ire is what was holding him back. With all that intellect he couldn't figure out that the powers that be didn't want people in authority teaching there underlings to undermine rank and status it was a recipe for disaster. While the blue oaf would probably give a standing ovation, and everyone would cheer him on in silence. But when it was all said and done and they went home It's Blyth that would have to explain herself, it's Blyth that would suffer consequences and it's Blyth that would look bad as she was a superior officer that couldn't keep the one squire she was in charge of in line and it would be Blyth that would be left there humiliated and ashamed not Avrial so the squirrel squire could pour it on all he wanted... or could he?

Avrial took a moment to assess her situation. Did she need to say something? Or did it require a firm hand like canceling his exhibition, and make him do pushups in front of the crowd of soldiers and cadets? Did she have to make him draw and shoot Alexander's full size long bow for his captive audience? A task she knew he could not do, or maybe make him wield the shield? One of those full sized shields to remind him of his place in the pecking order. No, it was better to simply engage with a quick quip that would serve a lesson to better the squires. But she had to act, his demeaning gesture could influence impressionable squires that acting like this was OK and provok more bad behavior and she would nip it in the bud by addressing the elephant in the room.

" Well I can tell why your still a squire"
Her tone was cold stern and no longer the flowery delight it once was. Instead of dripping in sarcasm it was straight to the point loud and serious. Even if just a regular plain old knight she was still above the squires as a commanding officer and what kind of self respecting knight was she if she let squires walk on her? She felt her hand forced in the matter so she asserted her authority as one above his station. She wasn't his side show freak to parade around the room, she had given him the respect and honored him as a Ser and he took full advantage of her trust to only turn around a smash shyke in her face and the knight was not having it.

"This demonstration is not my obligation. It no longer behooves me to continue, a squire to demonstrate technique on another squire is more fitting to the tone of this level of tutelage"

Avrial turned and pointed her index finger to the squire that arrived late to the party. Shed never met him and she could have mistaken him as a superior officer but she had been flustered and was not clearly being clairvoyant in her train of irritated thought. The Stalinsa bellowed as her hand swooped to the line she was requested to guard. Her goal was to shock the quiet Alex Ross by putting him on the center stage but allow Archailist to continue his lesson.

"YOU!

Front And Center Squire!
Name!
Rank !
Regiment!"

Her arms crossed as her weapons resheathed themselves prior to her authority being undermined.

"Your Late!
Where Is Your Gear!?!
To the line whether you have it or not, the teacher Archailist will fill you in."

After that she walked towards the adjacent side of the rooft top to have a seat. Partly to keep her distance from the Akalak as she peered at him. Letting the blue barbarian know she was ready for him, she was still intimidated but she had to hold her composure under pressure less she appear weak and if she appeared weak she'd be torn apart at the seam.

Out of the corner of her gaze she caught the other other Alex. She remembered him rather well, mostly chasing that imp across the training grounds. And then over giving as she attempted to regain control of the situation. And when she saw him putting the ole spit and polish on the blue knights codpiece as it were as she realized faircroft was now his personal squire, if he'd even belonged to greyheart in the first place was anybodys guess. But after the realization of the source of the young mans tutelage it had become abundantly clear where he learned to act like a savage little beast. What happened there was clearly him trying to impress his new mentor. But there was little she could do about it now without causing a scene, he was under the blue ones wing and protection and she wasn't going to trifle with that hornets nest.

And Ferrin she didn't know what to make of him yet. It honestly could have gone either way with him. She wouldn't try and meet him yet. As she probably already made a terrible first impression.

That was the life of a Stalinsa though, it was a lonely path.
Last edited by Avrial Stalinsa on March 27th, 2016, 11:28 am, edited 8 times in total.
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Words: 32993
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 26th, 2016, 6:59 pm

Timestamp || Location

It had appeared to the Squire that more and more of The Order had been showing up. Ferrin stood patiently as he awaited for the newcomers to arrive and situate themselves. There was one of them that Ferrin had knew of. Alexander Faircroft.

That man, has a mystery behind that grim visage, but he seemed to be a squire to Ser Imass. One of the Knights of the Order that Ferrin had heard little of. Perhaps his uncle would know of him more than himself of course. Alexander had a bundle of gear to carry and hefted them to his patron.

Ser Xervos; Ferrins patron Knight and his uncle watches as Sera Stalinsa had ordered a fairly new Squire, well in Ferrins point of view. And had instructed his personage harshly and demanded answers to why he was late. Wasn't this a voluntarily speculation program. Or something of the like? Ferrin stood awkwardly as he awaited for Alexander Ross to state his answers, though the Kenashian grew a slow dislike for Sera as she was a Knight.

With Ser Xervos standing in the midst of the small crowd behind his Squire Ferrin could still sense his presence and could understand what his patron was trying to survey, though not fully and he felt a bit uncomfortable while the Knight was behind him.

Archailist, the teacher of this session gave a few pointers. Weak spots. Sure, the one weakness that Sera Stalinsa held was her duel wielding swords that she had in her grasp. She had no shield to deflect any range weapons, and Arch was right; of course. Ferrin hadn't known the Squirrel Squire to be in the wrong, well not yet anyway.

And it appeared to be true that what Archailist was saying of how Sera Stalinsa had presented her to her adversary; was in fact true. Her defense was her offense and that appeared to diminish whatever hopes Ferrin had for Stalinsa with protecting the citizens. Ferrin rested his left hand on the pommel of his short broadsword where it was belted on the left of his abode. It was a nervous habit that Ferrin had conjured. And he left it on top of the pommel whilst his hands had begun to sweat.

The Kenashian could sense Ser Xervos' eyes upon his back. And shifted uneasily. Ser Imass had decided to stay where he felt was most comfortable. Another Squire came through to this part of the Grounds. And that was the very squire whom was admonished by Sera. And she turned her table to direct Alexander Ross and why he's late. She had somewhat complained of where her positioned had settled on her.

She had appointed Alexander Ross and seemed to have requested the other Squires to take part of this activity instead of the Knights. Was it a form of jealousy? Ser Xervos took his steps from the crowd and walked to stop beside his Squire and rested a hand on top of his shoulder. Ferrin tilted his head and noticed a worried look over the patrons visage. It was one that Ferrin had had not of seen before. Ser Xervos smiled and assured Ferrin that things will be calmed quite soon. He looked at Sera, the Knight. "Not to be a disappointment Ser Sera... But in my opinion I believe that two skilled members of The Order can fairly well go up against each other in a spar. And surely as such as someone as you, with duel wielding and all are perhaps holding back on such an opportunity. You'll be letting down your citizens behind you now, wouldn't you. We all know that as squires they won't have as good skills as one of a higher rank."Said Ser Xervos cooly, it was merely an assumption, mostly to get on Seras' nerves and to mostly support Archailist and his teachings.

"Now... I suggest, you act your rank show our spectators what you can do? Eh? Ser Sera?" "I mean if you really want to prove your skills, that is?"It was clear that Ser Xervos protecting Arch and his students for the current moment. The squires didn't need this sort of demand. If Archailist was as good as he sounded there shouldn't be any natural reason that Sera Stalinsa should abide this proclamation. For what it seems. Or surely, just a situated offer.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on March 28th, 2016, 4:51 am

GARONN

Garonn acknowledged Alexander's apology by flipping open the visor of his helm and giving him a curt nod. Working together with the Squire, the Knight draped the black tabard over his shoulders and cinched his sword belt on. The two brothers had agreed to train Alex with the cold mental toughness they both personally believed was important for front-line battle.

Standing tall and grim, Garonn reinforced Archailist with ringing words, "Yes, Alex, up front! The Noble Pycon will teach you well,"

The Akalak knew this to be true simply by the Squirrel's presentation of information; his own battle experience mentally confirmed this fact, despite not being able to eloquently explain tactics like the Squirrel could. Garonn was happy, because the Brothers were not good teachers; at the very least though, he would impart Alex with cold toughness.

Visor still open, Garonn listened to Archailist continue.

It was good to learn the basic points again; determine weak points, footwork, positioning, and make the correct decision. Subconsciously he knew, but three years in the Sahovan Dungeon left him dull to his former martial training. The Dark Brother prided himself as a skeptic radical, so he wanted to argue Archailist's point about Avrial losing defensive ability without a shield just for the sake of arguing, despite knowing that for the most part this was correct. Garonn seriously doubted taking the offense to a Pycon would be any help, if Ball was anything to go off of.

Another squire arrived at the scene late to listen to the lecture, but Garonn ignored him without any care; it would be very rude to interrupt Archailist's flow anyways.

Suddenly Sera Stalinsa called Archailist out. Garonn's face twisted in confusion. After listening to everything the Pycon was saying, then suddenly changing her mind was very odd.

Garonn looked at Sera Slythe, then to Ser Xervos, back to Sera Stalinsa, then back to Sera Slythe, ignoring the reactions of the Squires.

Stalinsa brat! Are you serious?

The Blue Knight almost stepped forward to say something, but Avrial started yelling at the Squire who arrived late. She was making a loud show for nothing and interrupting the whole entire process. This disgruntled Garonn even more.

Just like a Stalinsa. Think you can run the show, even when it is not your place to do so. You know not what you speak of. The Noble Pycon knows what he is talking about, despite being ignorant to the Truth. This Pycon will humble you soon.

As Avrial walked away from the scene, Ser Xervos called her out on her show of bullshyke. Garonn gave his peer a look of approval with his sharp yellow eyes.

You are a very polite man Xervos, but not me.

Stepping forward Garonn spoke with a loud clear voice, "Excuse me Sera Slythe," He knew the words that he were probably more suited for a Sergeant to say, but he couldn't hold back.

"Sera Stalinsa! You are acting out of place! Do not walk away from the exercise! Squire Archailist has the backing of a Sergeant and YOU agreed to be taught by a Squire! That was made very clear at the beginning of the exercise! To top it all off your action was an egregious slight on the Honour of these two most Noble Pycons!" As he said the last part he waved an open palm towards Archailist as a gesture to bring everyone's eyes on the clay figures.

"Step forward and answer for you words! Archailist deserves combat after such an insult! And after he whoops your arse, we all expect an apology for this interruption of our lesson,"

Garonn glared at Avrial with harsh yellow eyes.

Imass began to scream silently in the Akalak's head for pulling such a stunt. It was Sera Slythe's position to give such a rebuke, but Garonn hated Avrial now and could not hold back. Even if there was consequences for his open critique and challenge, Garonn did not care.

ooc<3 I love knightly politics
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Poppy Blackburn on March 28th, 2016, 8:22 am

Having heard that a training session organised by a Pycon that was open to all would be taking place in the Antinous Training Grounds, Poppy leapt at the opportunity to go. The inquisitive squire who was always hungry for more knowledge soaked up information like a sponge. Unfortunately, a last minute errand had left her really late for the session, as she had evidently seen after jogging all the way to the the training pit. She had double timed knowing that she was already late. Outfitted in loaned chain and plate armour and a set of hardy boots, she had also brought along her weapons should she require the use of them.

As she arrived at the scene, Poppy noticed that she was indeed late, judging from the group that had already gathered at the training grounds in what looked like a mixture of both squires and knights. A commotion was going on, as it seemed like there was an argument or verbal battle going on. Poppy wasn’t really familiar with anyone present save for the young man, who also happened to be one of the first she had met on her second day as a squire, Alexander Faircroft. Her fellow squire was standing behind a knight, whom she assumed to be his patron knight.

Taking a couple of steps and coming up beside him, she watched as a female knight berated a bespectacled timid-looking squire into coming late.

Chances are if she was spotted by the knight, she would be equally berated, judging from the rage of the woman. Poppy recognised the Pycons easily enough, they weren’t exactly difficult to recognise with their unique clay forms and shapes, especially the one there in the squirrel form. Words were exchanged in a hostile manner between the female knight and a group of others, and Poppy honestly wondered what she had walked into. She hoped that the training would still continue to go on. Alex’s patron knight bellowed soon enough as he rebuked his fellow compatriot. Poppy tapped lightly onto Alex’s shoulder and spoke in a hushed tone. “Is the training still going to go on? It'll be a pity to end now.”

Last edited by Poppy Blackburn on April 1st, 2016, 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Poppy Blackburn
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

Words: 70192
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2016, 7:14 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Archailist on March 28th, 2016, 1:03 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

He wanted to keep walking; to run straight for the shins and throw his weight until the metal until it crumpled. Sera Stalinsa had pulled away though; unfortunately there was no way he could continue with his exercise. She'd not only wasted his time, she'd wasted the time of every other knight and squire who'd come for a demonstration. As much as he wanted to shout and scream at her for such a ridiculous slight, over a few words and nothing more, it seemed he didn't need to. Though the squires were quiet, their knights were speaking up in defense. It felt good to have backing.. although he could still feel Sera Slyth's presence looming overhead and yet not a word from her hollow mouth. "You're not going to pitch in?" he asked with a small frown. "I thought you came to make sure stuff like this didn't happen." The squire Pycon was more disappointed that he required the presence of a more superior knight to even be able to give a lesson to one of these other knights. Not all of them were bad... but a chain was only as strong as its weakest link.

"You antagonized. I heard what you said; you should know by now that insulting a knight is not tolerated, even if that same knight commits misconduct by insulting others. In my opinion, you're both in the wrong." Sera Slyth had better hearing than he'd anticipated. "Also, I can't force her to finish the exercise any more than she can force you to continue teaching her if you don't wish to." She was unfortunately correct. Even with the peer pressure from two fellow knights, there was nothing really holding the knight back from turning around and walking out of the optional session other than the respect and integrity of her fellow knights; something that already the squire believed was too small to hold any real force, judging by her current attitude.

After a long silence, waiting for the two knights to finish their pieces, he stepped forwards to seize control of the situation. "Thank you, Sers, for your support," he said to the two patron knights. He'd not expected this, especially from the Akalak after his strange behaviour with in that conference with Ball.. but it did seem that the knight still had some shreds of goodness in him. "But Sera Stalinsa is correct; this demonstration and indeed this lesson is not her obligation. She knows where the door is and is welcome to use it." Then he turned back and spoke towards Sera Stalinsa directly. "I want to make something clear."

If he'd been treading on thin ice before, he was walking on soggy paper now. Sera Slyth was still watching, stoic as ever, which he felt both blessed and cursed for. "You've disrupted my lesson, insulted me and wasted the time of everyone here before the end of the first exercise." She'd managed to attract the ire of her peers for it as well, though that went without saying. "This is my lesson; I offer it willingly, out of my own free will and if my methods are not to your liking you are welcome to leave. By choosing to be here though, you agree that you will not flaunt your position at me to get what you want, you will not berate my tutelage," he lectured, pausing only a moment when Sera Avrial turned towards Alex to shout at him, "and don't you DARE start pushing around my students. Anyone wishing to participate is free to enter whenever they wish."

He might be a Pycon barely five inches tall, and he might be only a squire with no power whatsoever in the grand schemes of knighthood, but he could damn strike an intimidating figure when he braced himself and gave Sera Stalinsa the coldest glare in a silence from the squirrel-shaped squire that lasted almost two chimes. "I hope that we're clear on that now. If you do anything else to disrupt the learning of those here today, I'll ask Sera Slyth to escort you elsewhere and I won't see you again in any future lessons. You will not ruin the chances of everyone else here to learn and enjoy themselves for a day."

Afterwards, he turned around again. "Everyone will split into pairs. To make things fair, Ser Imass and Sera Stalinsa will spar together. Ferrin and Alexander Ross." He looked to Alexander Faircroft, thinking that he'd have to sit and watch.. but someone else had appeared at some point during the stand-off. He'd never seen this person before either.. although she'd drifted close to Alex so the two must at least know each-other, he hazarded. "Alexander Faircroft paired with our latest arrival. Each pair takes a different arena; choose wisely. I'll be walking around and offering helpful advice where I can. Any questions, come to me."
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alexander Faircroft on March 28th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

Archiailist was a good at looking at someone and telling their strengths and their weaknesses. With Avrial he’d pinned something which had taken Alex a little longer than that to assuage. She had no real means of defence. Barring her armour she relied wholly on those two blades. Alex had ruined her attempts to attack him with them for the most part by diving through closely knit trees still somehow in the confusing darkness she’d managed to keep on top of him. Perhaps that was just the difference between a squire and a knight.

Though Alex had noticed a trend immediately after Archie pointed out her weak spot, the same as when Alex had opened up his own. She slunk away from having it tested. She played the whole “Nobility and Higher status” card but in the end it boiled down to one thing. And one thing he’d check. Alex closed his eyes and focused himself a slow easy breath still temporarily masked in the shadows he wanted to be hidden at least for this moment. He opened his eyes slowly and the world burst into an array of colours. However he was focused on just one person. Avrial. The Aura that permeated there was a moving swirling vortex. Churning with Pale blues and an undercurrent of bright yellows. However there was something else mixed in with it. A streak of red. Just the one that swirled around with her. Was that what he thought? What he assumed it was? Was that Fear? Almost as if taking a slap to the face though he closed his eyes as she shouted.

The world snapped back to its regular colouring as Alex’s head throbbed and pulsed with pain blinking away hard to try and subdue the pain permeating his brain. Someone had turned up without his prior knowledge and was now getting the life torn out of them by a high pitched scream that quite frankly wasn’t helping his ears. There was the lack of remorse on full display to again and Alex couldn’t quite help but step into the light alongside Imass, standing nearly similar height with him. Alex stepped forwards and as he realised that she was trying to shift the attention onto the squire who’d just arrived to try and take the spotlight off of herself for slighting Archie. Alex wasn’t going to be quiet anymore.

He stepped more than a few steps forwards. A look of cold hard resolve in his eyes. He’d seen one friend slighted by a superior officer and he wasn’t going to sit idly by a second time. He put on his best fake smile and then spoke. That eerie tone of calm emitting from him like mist over a frozen lake. Cold, calm, calculating. The words of the other patrons would pale in comparison to what he was about to say. They were berating her and feeding her ego. He’d cut it down right at the knees. She’d insulted his friend. He wasn’t happy.
“Excuse me Sera Stalinsa, but I do believe that you’ve caused quite a stir from the incident here. And If I’m not mistaken you seem a little scared of being over shadowed in your own abilities. Now this may just be the musings of a squire here but, I can’t help but feel that you’re afraid of Archailist over here.” With a small turn he’d look towards Archie.

Infuriate them, force them to make a mistake. And make it look like honest concern. “Any way Sera Stalinsa, thank you for participating despite your stage fright and, hesitance to face one as skilled as our Pycon instructor here. No one-” He paused looking over the other knights and squires with a knowing yet seemingly honest smile. “Thinks any less of you for leaving the lime light. Were all quite proud of your actions and willingness to face your fears in the first place.” I mean this exactly how you'll take it.

Alex held his smile the light courtesy and honesty. And what made this series of words so deliciously malicious yet perfectly amiable was the fact it was only an insult directly to her sense of pride, yet to anyone else it would look like a series of commendations. If she swung at him, she lost. As he turned back he heard Archie call out the pairings for the groupings. He’d be paired with poppy? Interesting he’d never seen her actually fight so this would be an interesting series of events there.

As he meandered over with an even and well maintained pace he smiled and heard poppy’s words. The veneer of cool calm fell as he spoke with an honesty this time. “Yes poppy the Training is still continuing. And you’re my sparring partner, looks like I’ll finally get to see what you can do with that longsword.” A small honest smile permeated his features as he tipped the visor of his help down and drew his bastard sword. His shield’s point running over the back of his hand in his own unique style. Before beginning though he’d hold his hand up to Poppy for a brief moment before walking to Archie and crouching down to speak to him quietly.

“Last time I saw one of my friends get hurt or insulted I didn’t do anything under orders. I had no such orders this time. Prepare for fireworks.” He smirked widely beneath the help and headed back over to poppy. Falling into stance he lifted his blade and was going to be happy about what happened.

Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Reflection on March 28th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Hooded eyes scanned the area, ensuring that all who entered were on task. A small group had begun to form at the Training Grounds. While this was nothing out of the ordinary, and fairly common, it caught the Weapons Master’s attention. It appeared as though Sera Slyth was aiding Squire Archailist in training and, in a roundabout way, leadership.

More had joined the group, one by one they came. Turning his scrutiny to a pair that were on the opposite side of the grounds he didn’t see the stragglers join. It wasn’t until he had already gone over to correct some of their movements and head back that he spotted the group had grown twofold. They appeared to be standing around and...chatting? It annoyed him beyond measure that they were taking up valuable space and had yet to get to what the area was meant for. It was then that shouting could be heard.

Socializing on the field was something that he was not interested in. When in his grounds you were there to train, learn and better yourself. It was with that thought that had him heading toward the ever growing group. Heavy feet carried the irritated man across the distance. As he approached he hollered, “Who is in charge here?”

Ser Antinous stopped at the edge of the gaggle, his eyes landed on the two who had initially come to the grounds. A Squire that he’d seen around plenty and Sera Slyth. Bones made of clay shifted as she moved forward. “Hello Ser Lucius. Squire Archailist had gathered a group together for those who wanted to train. I am here to monitor this group. Is there something that you needed?” Hollowed eyes locked on the taller man.

“My grounds are for training and I’ve not seen much of that in play. If there are issues that have arisen then we should be handling them with the words of metal. If anyone,” his eyes scanned the various Knights and Squires that had gathered, “is not comfortable with Squire Archailist and Sera Slyth’s instruction then now is the time to excuse yourself. If there is insubordination then it is done now. This grounds is for training!” His words rang out across those who had already begun to show signs of pairing off.

With this he gave a nod to Sera Slyth to continue. Ser Antinous moved back to the original pair after catching one almost taking off the head of the other. Running, he shouted at them to stop. It seemed as though his job were to never end.

Sera Slyth stepped forward then, with the Weapons Master’s words backing her. She knew the finer details of what had happened to cause the delay. It was this motivation from his speaking that she would give her tasks and have the group move forward.

She looked to the other female Knight within the group, “Sera Stalinsa, this is a voluntary training, there is no need to rile yourself. If you are wanting to participate then you will be instructed by Squire Archailist, if this is not something you wish, then make your leave.”

Sunken eyes then turned to the Squires who were indeed late, "Squire Ross and Squire Blackburn, punctuality is key. If this were not optional then I would suggest your patrons teach you to be on time. Keep that in mind next time you need to be somewhere." There was no need to punish as they, technically, had not done anything wrong. She glared at them for a moment, wanting the words to sink in.

As for the rest of the Squires her next comments would be fairly easy. Informing them to remember where their station was and although they may be annoyed with a Knight tact would always win over flat out disrespect. The latter usually causing more work for themselves.

Her small frame moved toward the dark towering one, “Ser Imass, I suggest reining in your Squire. He is speaking to a Knight of the Order, not one of his mates. I would suggest giving him some extra training if he has that much energy.” Hands now clasped behind her back she made her final walk around the group. “I will second what Ser Lucius said. We will begin our training and move forward. If any of you have a problem with being taught by a Squire then now is your chance to go. Anymore side stepping during training and I will have to ask Squire Archailist to end the session. Now... Pair up!”

After giving one last silent scan of the group she headed back into her previous position. Once settled a hand came up, waving to the Squire to continue on with the training, the others to move into position or to go about their business elsewhere.

NoteMake sure we're playing nice guys, let's keep it on track.
Signature courtesy of Prophet

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Words: 88001
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Alexander Ross on March 31st, 2016, 12:14 am

Alexander Ross

Well, that was... quite the greeting. Alex blinked in confusion as the female knight addressed him rather harshly, demanding his name, rank, and berating him for being late. If there was one thing he loathed, it was being randomly called out for absolutely no reason. Ross already had a few choice words ready to be spoken in response to Avrial's rather belittling gesture.

However, before he could even say a word, a knight and a few Squires stepped in and beat him to it, leaving the twenty-year-old Squire with nothing to do but sit back and cast a deadly glare towards the rather disrespectful knight. It was probably for the best that Ross kept his mouth shut, considering how his smart-aleck and blunt retorts have gotten him in trouble in the past. Right now, he was not in the mood for trouble. He came here to train, and nothing else. However, he couldn't let this go without pitching in at some point.

"The only reason that I even have any respect for my patron is because he has enough respect for me to treat me like an adult, rather than a worthless underling." He murmured this under his breath, of course. He half-hoped that no one heard him, but at the same time, he didn't exactly care if anyone did. If anyone knew Ross well at all, they would know that he only gives as much respect as he is shown, regardless of rank. However, he kept quiet after that. Saying anything more would obviously only make things worse.

Then the weapon master Ser Antinous got involved, and he immediately snapped to attention. No surprise, considering that this was a man that Ross had high respect for. As he was adressed by a rather... peculiar-looking Pycon, he gave a curt but polite nod of his head in response. "My apologies. I had only recently just received word of this. It will not happen again, I assure you." He said.

He gave a nod to Arch, before rolling his shoulders a bit, limbering up before looking around the group. The squirrel told him to pair with someone named Ferrin... Shyke, which one was Ferrin?
"I've never failed anyone, because there isn't anyone in my life who I can make proud."
Alexander Ross
Tell me, how does the end of my blade taste?

Words: 109201
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Garland on March 31st, 2016, 8:17 am

Garland had been avoiding going to this training meet for a little while now. He had nothing against Arch or anything, but after his first(of many) humiliating defeat he had vowed to himself that he would challenge Arch when he felt he was ready to beat him.

That was what he said to himself anyway.

In truth, that tiny clay squirrel terrified him. He never really shows it, but one could see it in his eyes. Sera Catherine had told him the day prior about the exercise, and she wanted him to go.

He had hidden himself for a few bells inside a barrel of roasted nuts, Sera Catherine eventually found him when she heard the munching. Sera Catherine had dragged him to the Training Grounds. He had a few nuts in a small bag when he arrived.

Sera Catherine greeted Sera Slyth and sat down beside her. She wasn't planning on joining the training, but simply there to prevent Garland from running away. It was somewhat funny that a grown man with kids is scared of a small clay squirrel.

It seemed the training was well underway, and everyone had a partner already by the looks of it. Garland was completely oblivious to what drama had happened while he was out hiding in a barrel of nuts.

He simply ate the nuts and watched everyone get ready for their respective spars.

There were a lot of people here and he looked over to Alex Faircroft, the other Alex Ross, Ferrin, and Sera Stalinsa. They were the only people he knew. Though he did notice an Akalak among the crowd. He seemed... weak wasn't the word he was looking for, judging from his eyes and face, he was probably stronger than anyone else here. He seemed... Malnourished. Like he had been put in the Tank for years without proper care.

And he was going up against Sera Stalinsa? It would be an interesting spar, but something told him that he shouldn't just sit around on his thumbs waiting for people to be done sparing.

"Hey, Arch. Mind if I join?"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

PreviousNext