Completed [Open] Lets Hope This Works [2]

What Happens to a Bandit after he gets stabbed?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Open] Lets Hope This Works [2]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 20th, 2016, 1:58 pm

Timestamp:
|| "My Words" || My Thoughts || "Your Words " ||

" Shimoje, what gives pal?" Said Ferrin as he rubbed his arm. The pain subsides, and Ferrin took out the key for his door. He let out a yawn. Ferrin inserted the key, click. He twists the handle and pushed open the wooden door before him. The door responded with a slow creak and a moan as the door opened slowly. Ferrin breathed in some air, it felt relieving and calming. Much less crowded than the barracks. He was so exhausted yesterday he didn't even have any more energy left in him to walk to his own apartment. "Well, here we are. Home, sweet home."

Ferrin looked around the main eating/living room. Still, some furniture that needs to be put in, but Ferrin wasn't hoping to stay here forever. He'd plan on moving to a new house within the city, does everything in this city have to be so crowded? Ferrin gestured one of his hands towards the table with the four wooden chairs surrounding it. "Choose which ever seat. I'll be making us some tea." Said Ferrin as he walked towards one of the cabinets above the water basin. He received the tea kettle that hung on its hook and walked over to the fire pit.

The process of making tea started out simple as Ferrin poured water out into the teakettle. He moved from thing to thing whilst he waited the water to boil over. Once it does, a little conversation wouldn't hurt."To answer your question Shimoje, I was exhausted. Honestly, I ran my arse off from those bandits. Why else wouldn't I want to walk more? You can't just simply exhaust yourself the day before and start again the next day. There are consequences. Especially with running in metal." Said Ferrin in a half tired half matter of fact tone.

The water soon boiled. Ferrin wasn't that good at making the exotic Teas, but he can make something simple. "Once it's mixed in, would you like a cup of tea?" Asked Ferrin as he set a few cups on the table after he received them from a counter and these cups which was cleaned were placed carefully to not damage the ceramic coat. "That guy. He'd been asking for Yargul. Isn't he always at The Pits?" The question was mainly to himself, but if Shimoje had been practicing at the Pits for the past few days then he'd know as well. Right?

The teakettle steamed and Ferrin got up from his seat. To take it off of the fireplace. And set it on to the table. "Careful, it's hot here." Said Ferrin as he poured the moderately sweet tea into Shimojes' cup. And Ferrin poured in his. "We have to get more information about these... new bandits. They aren't the usual bandits that I'd see." Said Ferrin with a sigh. He'd hope that Ser Xervos, his uncle is fairly alright. Or even better than alright. Good. He'd hope his uncle is good and not harmed. If anything happened to him, so help those bandits that the Gods will strike them down first before Ferrin does.

"What's the plan, smart guy?" Asked Ferrin tauntingly. He looked back at the door and found his longbow propped against the wall the quiver hung on a hook above it. Just hanging there. Waiting to be used.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 20th, 2016, 11:57 pm

[/color]

The Apartments

Remaining silent and a bit stressed from traversing the city Shimoje was tensed up and his side had been bothering him once again. He relished in the offer of taking a sit at the table, and wanted badly to prop up his feet. This wasn’t his house so he refrained in making himself seem relaxed here. He was grateful for Ferrin to invite him in so welcomingly. A sigh exuberantly was let out as Shimoje grabbed the top of the nearest chair and pulled it out to sit down. He had mostly wanted to take the load off despite just waking up not too long ago either. Some rheum still was crusted on his eyes, and as he wiped them away he laid his head down on the table looking up at Ferrin. “I would love some tea.” He expressed openly.

Shimoje watched Ferrin valiantly and quickly start a fire in the hearth and ready his teapot. The fire quickly started roaring and Shimoje got distracted by the crackling. His thoughts seemed to just subside and he seemed to be entranced by the fire, not paying much attention to Ferrin at all. Ferrin spoke to Shimoje about being exhausted and so was Shimoje. The tackle from the wolf really did affect him more than he had thought. He was still surprised he managed to kill it for his first encounter with a wolf. Suddenly it was as if the haunting horror of that encounter suddenly reenacted itself in the flames, and the terror hit Shimoje once again. He tensed up and lifted his head from the table with a wince of pain on his arm where the wolf had clawed at. “Yargul? He helps people move things I think, but he usually spends his free time in the pits, yes. Him and his friend poked a lot of fun at me the other day.” Shimoje went on explaining a bit more about Yargul “He was a decent person from what I remember, but had a problem with drinking. I think he may have been the one tied up on that stake back there.” Shimoje recalled the events from their investigation into the pits.

The kettle started to steam and soon enough Ferrin came over and hosted Shimoje to a cup. Shimoje had grabbed his cup and he could feel the warmth through it. It was a relaxing feeling. Just enough to calm his nerves. He gently blew into the cup and sipped at the very tip of the liquid as it’s molten liquid touched his lips. Well Ferrin did warn him. He placed the cup back down on the table and thought subsequently more about the interactions in the bronze woods. To be perfectly honest Shimoje didn’t have a complete answer to Ferrin. All of this was rather new to him. His visage of the amber green liquid in the cup seemed to ripple as Shimoje tapped his cup to feel the warmth. He once again took another sip noticing the liquid cooled down a bit.

It had a very warming and relaxing effect to the bald headed Zeltivian. He had no idea what flavor the tea was but it was fairly good. Far better than just water. Shimoje started to caress his eyebrow once more as speaking to Ferrin “A plan? I have as much of an idea as you do. I am still confused how I managed to all of that back there.” Shimoje was telling the truth. He had thought he was completely useless, but his quick thinking managed to luckily prevent a disaster. Still though, Ser Xervous was missing and Shimoje knew that it was because of his plan back there that he was missing. He didn’t want to deal with such a situation again. He was very hard on himself and he couldn’t feel any worse. “It is my fault that Ser Xervos is missing. You really trust me with another plan?”

Shimoje sank back into his seat and looked up at the ceiling in frustration. It was his first time in the bronze woods, and first time being in such an intense situation. It led to a bunch of chaos. He couldn’t help but to think that he could have done more. The wolf pelt dropped to the floor and Shimoje didn’t even bother moving in reaction to it. “Whatever that was back there, whoever was the cause for this… all I know is that now we know of their presence.” Shimoje figured that the people out there may have wanted to be known, but he wasn’t entirely sure. Why would they send bandits to the city if they didn’t? Was the two even related with each other? A flurry of opinions rushed through his head.

“We don’t even know if the bandits we captured are related to the ones in the woods. We should get back out there and investigate but I don’t much about tracking. I acted purely on instinct out there, and I was very lucky to survive it. I couldn’t even get through a sparring match without my side getting hurt.” His naivety of keeping this information from Ferrin before finally showed its ugly face. “We really need to inform more people of what is going on.”

Speech Thoughts
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 21st, 2016, 1:57 am

Timestamp:
|| "My Words" || My Thoughts || "Your Words"||

Ferrin observed the manner of which Shimoje sat in the seat of Ferrins' chair. He'd gave the bald headed man a scan. He didn't know what to think of Shimoje yet. So far, once they had met things went hay wired quite away. Ferrin couldn't bear it any longer, he wanted his uncle back. He needed more information about his family. His father, Thorin had never bothered to share any of the information. Which made him petching anxious and angered.

With the tea out of the way, Ferrin decided to sip the tea from his cup. He tapped his left foot anxiously as he didn't know what else to do. Honestly, he felt at a loss. Nearly grieving for his uncle already. But, he also knew that his uncle is out there, and more or less still outside in the Bronze Woods. Hoping to be Yargul. "We've got to find them Shimoje. I can't lose my uncle." Said Ferrin as he stopped his sipping.

He gently lowered his cup of sweet tea down on the aged table before him. He sighed heavily as Ferrin combed his right hand through his curled dark hair. Depressed. Almost. The man known as Yargul, Shimoje described him as decent. Save for the drinking. "Yeah he was moderately alright as a Syliran. I mean, there are things, bad things that people can do when they're drunk." Replied Ferrin as he lowered his hand down with another sigh. His eyes glimmered. Almost teared up as the thought of losing his uncle hit him. He didn't want to turn into a wreck, so he held back the tears.

Shimoje thought that he, Yargul was the one tied onto that stake from yesterday."His figure appeared to be the same. But, when I went up there I didn't have much time to look at him. I was busy running for my life." Said Ferrin simply as he picked up his cup of still steaming tea. The steam rose to the height of Ferrins eyebrows, he could sense the heat and quickly diminish as it reached the hairs. It was soothing. The taste.

When Ferrin asked of the plan. Shimoje rejected almost with coming it up. The bald headed man was merely dumbfounded and Ferrin felt guilty, he knew that bandits were dangerous. Yet, Ferrin and Ser Xervos allowed the Unarmed Zeltivan into the depths of banditry. It was more or less a ritual than a gathering of bandits. Mainly, they were bandits overall. But, still. They didn't stop their.... ritual. That's what it was right?

"That was a ritual right? That dance and the fire like that?" Asked Ferrin curiously as he took another sip, the brim of the cup touched his lips and heat coursed through the Kenashian's mouth as the liquid slowly poured within the entrance."Your plan killed off the lot of those bandits." Said Ferrin in reply after he finished the gulp and grasped the handle and the base of it. The cup wasn't as hot as it was when he'd first took a sip out of it.

As Ferrin lightly watched Shimoje it was a surprise to Ferrin what he had said. His fault? No, it was entirely Ferrins and his uncle's more so than less so. Surely. "No no. It was our wrong. My uncle's and I. We've let you come unarmed. It was really dangerous and it was really a risky move on our part. I'm sorry." As Ferrin apologized he drooped his head facing down at the table. Now he felt like a petching arse. How could he have put someone in harm's way like that?

Then Shimoje went serious. Ferrin tilted his head up, his curls pushed away by his hand as the bald headed man spoke. "They were just as drunk as the others. Perhaps got lost? I'm not real sure what they were doing. Mainly being stupid of course. Those petching idiots..." Said Ferrin as he spoke he lowered the cup back down onto the table again.

Inform more people? But who? Who would want to take part on these expeditions? Bandits are cruel and very untrustworthy. Obviously."Well, we'd need some fellow squires. Perhaps hunters as well? Who should we really need ?"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 23rd, 2016, 1:47 pm

Contrasts of green hues remained in the bottom of Shimoje’s cup. He had quickly relished each sip of the tea and Ferrin spoke to him. All of this seemed so unreal for Shimoje. The thoughts and terrors of seeing all of that blood and having it on him still caused him to shudder. He was grossed out with himself and there wasn’t anyone that he knew that he could trust in helping him relieve his worries. That bandit. That petching bandit that he had threatened would probably hold a grudge over him.

“I know we have to find them, Ferrin.” Snapped Shimoje. His voice crackled under the stress and he almost was fed up dealing with all of this, but he would never abandon someone in such a disposition. “Without a plan we would surely end up just as those bandits did. I don’t want to end up as a kebab.” Shimoje’s stomach grumbled at that thought, but his disgust in it all kept him from acting on it. His stomach was hungry, but he clearly wasn’t. Who could eat at a time like this?

“I don’t know, I have never seen a ritual to properly say it was one or not.” The Zeltivian expressed openly. He felt so useless at this time, and the following words of finding out squires or hunters seemed to echo through his ears. Shimoje didn’t know many people here in Syliras that would be willing to help with such a thing, not without ulterior motives at least. “Perhaps Yargul’s friend Ceryl might help.” Shimoje looked around the apartment for a few moment and noticed it was far different than his. Ferrin had actually made it seem like a home.

Shimoje hadn’t done any such a thing. Mainly because he felt like he didn’t belong here in Syliras, but those thoughts were quickly subsided by his duty to find information of his father. “You are a squire right, know anyone who would be able to help? Also I couldn’t help from noticing. Does someone else live here with you?” Shimoje scanned the room and it seemed like it was decorated for more than just one person. That or Ferrin was very materialistic.

Shimoje got up and walked over to the hearth. He couldn’t stand sitting for much longer. Not with such daunting things on his mind. Pointing blame would not get them anywhere. They needed a liable solution. “Ferrin. If I am to fight, I need more training. I am not fit for these sort of things. I have always preferred critical thinking that resulting to violence. We could go to the pits once again to look for Ceryl, but somehow I feel that report you gave should make the knights reply in some sort of manner. It would be petching idiotic for them to ignore this manner. What is the point of such an order if they don’t take these things seriously!” Shimoje was speaking very ill of the knights at this time, and couldn’t help himself.

His feelings quickly turned to anger, and deep down he blamed them for his father’s death partially. He still didn’t know what happened, and no one in the city has heard of such a thing. How was that possible? He didn’t blame Ferrin directly, because he knew that it wasn’t his sole fault. “Do you trust in your patron? Do you think he would have been able to handle his own for so long?” Shimoje wasn’t trying to plant seeds of doubt. He couldn’t help it, and what worth would a patron be if he couldn’t handle his own in such a situation. A squire coming to rescue a knight, now that would be embarrassing.

Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 23rd, 2016, 10:55 pm

Timestamp:

Ferrins look towards Shimoje was one of curiosity as the bald headed man snapped back at him. About finding them. Ser Xervos and Yargul. Ferrin sighed and thought of his next things to say. "It's not really all of your fault that Ser Xervos has gone missing. I should have had gone back to him. I'm really sorry Shimoje. I can understand the strees, believe me when I say that. " Once he finished the last words he also finished the cup of tea he made prior of the conversation.

Ferrin scanned the stressed Shimoje with an observant aftertaste. His bags under the eyes were growing shadows, almost as if Shimoje does not sleep at all. He remembered how the Zeltivan doesn't relax much, but Ferrin figured that a rest for a bell at least would do him good. If the two ever went through on another expedition, then being awake for it would benefit them. Definitely.

Shimoje was right though. Without any formulated plan they can't do anything and one screw up they would eventually end up like those bandits from yesterday. Well, Ferrin felt screwed with. He left his uncle behind and in return had ended up with... what? Ferrin wasn't much of a judging type. But, if he were he's not so crucial when it comes to that. It wasn't Shimojes' fault overall. Maybe, if those bandits that had been arrested and placed in custody, maybe... they were related to the other bandits.

" If Grandmaster Loren Dyres ever discovered of those bandits that are in custody, who their relation is. We could have a lead. Especially if they are enemies of The Order. Their activity has been at a low, but I don't think they are dormant."Said Ferrin cooly as he crossed his arms on the table and leaned his upper body over. Basically loomed over the table.

It is true though. With a lead, they can expand their search. Hopefully sooner than later they'll have the advantage. Of course, this isn't any magic game of MIS direction. If it is, Ferrin has to think put of the box. So many different paths that other decisions made could change things on how it all ends up. Either it went the wrong way or the right. Things change.

Ferrins stomach did a double twist. The ritual. It was a piece of petching shyke. Really. A sacrifice to who, why? Why outside of Syliras? So many things were going on through his mind and almost had forgotten that Ship was here. He'd almost ignored the inquiry asked by the bald headed man. Almost. He snapped back into reality and matched the gaze of the foreigner. Ceryl. Well, Ferrin thought it was a question.

"Yeah, maybe. Though he didn't sound to exuberant about wanting to find him in the first place when he intercepted us at the streets. Maybe it was just the confusion." Replied Ferrin simply with a shrug of his shoulders. He had observed the bald headed man quite enough now, and realized that he was looking around the Kenashian's apartment. Yes, there was quite a bit of décor. Ferrin looked through the open door that led into the bedroom. He had noticed the fur blankets that he had bought with Jade back in the Fall, they were still lied on the ground. So far, Ferrin hadn't purchased abed get for Jade. He'd promised her though.

Shimoje had asked another question. As Ferrin kept leaning over the table while his arms have been crossed on the table. Yes he was a Squire. "Yes I am a Squire. My uncle is my patron... I do know maybe a few people who would want to help us look for him and probably Yargul as well. Yes, I have a friend. Jade, she's from Endrykas. She lives with me."Ferrin replied with a mild energetic tone.

"Shimoje? How good are ya with that blade of yours. The knife. I see you can carve with it decently. Do you think you'll like something like that. Jade has a knack for daggery. Maybe she can teach you?" Said Ferrin as the foreigner commented about his use in weaponry. Shimoje was one of the few people he had met who weren't skilled in weapons. It's not safe to be outside of any city without any knowledge of survival or even the basics of wielding a blade or bearing a bow.

"Shimoje, my friend. Maybe we should take things with a more less aggressive manner? I'm pretty sure that the Order will do something. If they don't then... we can introduce our own ways of investigating this further. If the Order won't take their petching time to help us well... We'll be screwed either way. If those bandits are in groups much larger than what we'd seen yesterday."

"My uncle, yes I have faith in him. He's been here in Syliras for all his life. He knows more of the woods than I do. It's just the amount of bandits we have to worry about. It's either life or death out there."Said Ferrin in a more serious manner. "We should go check the Pits. Find anyone willing to help. I can go to the Training Grounds after. Since the members of The Order are only allowed within. I'm sure that their would be people the who would want to help. Eventually, Ser Xervos would show up sooner or later."

Speech Thoughts Your Speech

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 23rd, 2016, 11:57 pm

It was as Shimoje thought, Ferrin did live with another, and a woman at that. He never would have thought that such a man would be capable of balancing being a squire and having a decent relationship. Though, it wasn’t Shimoje’s place to even think of such things. Shimoje smiled at the suggestion of learning how to wield a dagger. He was decent in woodcarving and carpentry with knives, perhaps he could put some of that practice and precise use to a dagger. Though cutting wood and using a knife for defense or offense is a totally different tactic that Shimoje didn’t want to think about. Shimoje didn’t figure himself for a killer, but it was already too late, because all of those bandit’s lives now laid above his head.

“I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to go to the training pit and in the meantime you or Jade could teach me how to use a dagger.”
Shimoje put forth excitement in learning how to use a dagger. Though, just as quick as he was excited about learning the topic once again touched over the order and being less aggressive in approaching the problem. Perhaps he was right, maybe Shimoje should calm down and let the city go through it’s process. “This time, hopefully I can learn without getting injured. I hope your girl isn’t a hot head, otherwise I am not sure I can handle much more beating.” Shimoje joked a bit and took out his largest woodcarver’s knife. It was more like a very long scalpel featuring a blade that was sharpened to one side, and rather thin at that. With precise strokes it could strip most woods down to kindle, and required use of the full hand to do properly. The blade was mostly held in his palm and the handle extended to his wrist.

“This is how I use my knife, but I know that a dagger would be much different.” Shimoje stated. “I wonder though, if some of the movements would be the same.” Shimoje pretended that the woodcarver’s knife was a dagger and slashed through the air with a quick flick of the wrist. The blade cut the air with a woosh sound and he proceeded to set the blade on the table thereafter. “Perhaps I should train with something less damaging if it hit me or someone else. Maybe a piece of wood carved to look like a dagger? Do you have one around here that I could see and copy it to a wood piece?” Shimoje questioned in a way that was mostly eager. He looked over to the hearth and saw some pieces of log that would be used for a fire. “Mind if I use one of those larger pieces of wood over there? I don’t carry around a block that would be good for such a task?”

Shimoje walked over to the wood pile anyways, and picked up two large pieces of wood after examining them. He looked to the core of the wood, making sure he grabbed two that didn’t have cracks within the center, and also looked for one which held more of a white and firm base to it. He brought the two pieces of wood to the table and relaxed a bit on the table before exchanging a nod with Ferrin. Shimoje remember seeing a blade in the great bazaar that he thought may have been a dagger, but wasn’t sure. The Dagger had a palmed hilt that was just large enough for one hand to fit with a knob at the end which made the pommel. It featured a crossguard that was about half an inch and a weird piece that came up in a curve. That curve was called a Quilon, but Shimoje didn’t know it at that time. Then the blade extended from the Quilon block long and thick about 7 or 12 inches. Shimoje set the two blocks of wood on the floor and worked slowly on extracting the centers. The pieces of wood fell off the two logs like a bark being stripped from a trunk. Eventually he got two clean pieces of wood which were about 18 inches long on one block and 16 inches long on another block. They were both about 4 inches thick. He started to spin each one individually on a curved knife, bringing the woodcarvers tool down to create a two flat sides which came to a very dull point.

The blades had taken their shape and one bell had passed. Shimoje spoke while he was crafting these daggers, which looked like shyke compared to what he remembered in the great bazaar. Regardless they might work for training.

“So who is this Jade? Is she from Syliras and a squire like yourself?”
Shimoje asked before returning to try and make a hilt on the blades. They didn’t come out straight and didn’t have the perfect curve that the other daggers had, but rather just two extensions that were about half an inch out from either side. He created a bit of space between the hilt and the handle and worked on carving a round base to grab the wooden dagger from. He was very particular and took his time making sure he made each carve diligently and exact. The handles was the most important part, and he didn’t want to leave any splinters.

Eventually some rather harsh looking wooden knives were made, and would suit for some good sparring lessons. “Well I think these might do. They are really bad looking; I didn’t draw up a plan or had anything to go off of.” Shimoje smiled towards Ferrin and threw him a dagger hoping he would catch it and picked up his tools and nestled them back into his woodcarver’s kit. “So where is she?” He asked politely and then ruined it by “I hate chasing down females sometimes. They always run from my bald head.” He smiled at Ferrin knowing that he had once again started joking with him. Crafting the wooden dagger helped his mood, and it also helped passed some time to calm his thoughts.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 24th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Timestamp:

It seemed that the tension between the two was slowly fading away as the two talked about what to do next. Shimoje, asked Ferrin if him or Jade could teach him to wield a dagger. "I am a broadsword mind of guy. I don't even know the difference between a dagger and blade, save for the size." The Kenashian stated matter of factly. He didn't know how to properly wield a blade, he at least could figure out how to use one if he really wanted to, but daggers weren't really his thing.

Then, Shimoje rhetorically stated, hopefully that Jade wasn't much of a hot head. Ferrin blushed, his cheeks dimmed with a light red hie, almost pink. But, more on the red side then the pink. "Well, she can be quite serious with her work... let's put it at that." Said Ferrin simply. As he let out a cough of embarrassment.

Ferrin nodded as the bald headed man asked to use some of his wood. "Certainly." Replied Ferrin as he rested his right hand below his chin with a sigh and his elbow resided on top of the table watching Shimoje almost intently as a hawk. But, with less energy. "I don't think holding the dagger is that much of a difference. Than a wood carving knife. Usually, it's just a bit bigger though..." Replied Ferrin as he had his uncle and Yargul on his mind.

The Kenashian couldn't shake off that feeling, that weird feeling knowing that something was going to start out really bad, but would end up good. Though, a large effect could happen. He just couldn't shake off the feeling that something bad would happen to himself. "Well, Jade carries her daggers with her usually. All I have her is my shortened broadsword. You can copy this and transform the piece into your carved one?" Said Ferrin as he pulled out the blade with a relishing tinking sound and mixed in with a swoosh.

Ferrin layed it out on top of the table horizontally the blade facing the pit and the pommel facing the wall. He figured that it would do the man some good other than chasing down Jade wherever she was. "This would do right?" Asked Ferrin as he went back to his previous position. The hand under his chin and elbow rested against the table. He was bored, or mainly tired. Though he had had enough sleep, he just felt tired for some reason.

Ferrin looked over his arm again and realized there was a scar formed. It didn't hurt much, but looking at it just made him want to cringe. It looked like three diagonal scratches. "///" Even though animals have more than three. Ferrin had been lucky. Surely.

Ferrin didn't know what to talk about. He was mainly drawing a blank inside his mind, literally. He felt dumbfounded. It was peculiar. Why hasn't the Order contact him yet? Or at least execute a search party? Ser Xervos is a Knight. So why haven't they done anything to save him?

"Jade is from Endrykas. Looking for a place to stay. I think that she made her home here with me..." Replied Ferrin as Shimoje asked about Jade. Ferrin wondered about Shimoje and what it was like living in Zeltiva all his life. Ferrin had heard little of it, but was recommended to visit the glorious city whenever he gets a chance to. Then following questions had been asked about Jade as he continued sharpening the log of wood. "Our I guess. Don't know where she would be." Replied Ferrin a bit worriedly.

"Well. I have a feeling that we'll be the ones being chased." Said Ferrin with a joking smile. "The girls always follow the men with the brains."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 26th, 2016, 12:06 am

The bald headed Zeltivian was in a much better mood, and inspired to attempt a strike at Ferrin, but refrained just has he had mentioned the fact that he knew nothing of daggers. That was a complete let down for Shimoje, but he still proceeded to attempt his hand at striking at the air, taking a very hazardous stance leaving most of his upper body exposed. He continued to strike at the air with practice and started to talk to Ferrin while doing so, letting out the words when his body allowed it between the grunts. “I am serious with my work as well. Also thanks for allowing me to use the short broadsword as a sort of template! I think it really helped out.”

The wooden blade whisked through the air and although Shimoje’s grip was loose and free it seemed to float in his palms. He would often keep his crafting knives in a loose position to allow them to do most of the work and prevent mistakes of cutting too far or too hard into wood. “You think that she made a home with you?” Shimoje asked in an aroused way. He almost felt the need to let out another joke just when he stopped slicing at the air from minor exhaustion.

“Well, wouldn’t be long till they catch you, with the way you run Ferrin.”
Shimoje poked a few more jokes at Ferrin as he walked towards the door “Should we go see what women we can find on our way to the pits?” Shimoje declared openly with a smirk.

He took the door and opened it “Bring that wooden dagger with you, and perhaps this bow and some arrows as well.” He exited Ferrin’s apartment and started walking towards the direction of the pits, not waiting on Ferrin, knowing that he would eventually catch up to him. There wasn’t much said as Shimoje walked towards the pits, that is until he found a very beautiful female walking and carrying some sort of groceries. He smiled at the female and gestured a wave “Hello beautiful, interested in chasing some smart men around?” He asked such in another joking matter, perhaps it was unwarranted, but regardless he just kept walking knowing that perhaps he would be ignored, he started to walk a bit slower wondering what was taking Ferrin so long.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on April 26th, 2016, 5:09 am

Jade sat up yawning. She had slept well the night before, standing up the woman looked over to find her roommate still had not returned. A part of her became worried about him knowing he would start going on more dangerous missions. Getting cleaned up the woman walked out of the apartment, and walked out while putting her hair up in a braid. Jade figured she would just walk around today and relax or maybe do a little shopping. The woman was so happy for the warmer weather as that meant she would not have to deal with putting on her coay. The blond had actually left both her daggers behind at the apartment without thinking about them.

She noticed how everyone around her seemed to be on edge. Many that took up residency in the alleyways were out in the open scared to go into their make shift homes. The blonde braved going down one of the alleyways looking around not seeing anything. Shrugging she came back out and headed back towards the apartment to grab her daggers. Something about today was just not settling well with her. Walking up she spotted a certain curly haired squired and who she supposed would be either another knight or another squire. Before Jade made it to the pair the bald one had already walked away.

"Hello Ferrin. Did you stay at the barracks all night?" Jade asked with a smile walking up to him.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 26th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Timestamp:

Shimoje was exuberantly energetic this morning. Clearly. He'd been interested in the arts of using a dagger since Ferrin mentioned it. He had appeared to rush off while Ferrin was tidying up the apartment. He'd figure that Jade must've worried sick about him, but also he wanted to make sure that she didn't feel like he was avoiding her. Which he wasn't. Working with The Order had put enough stress on him already as is.

Ferrin gathered his hunting gear and hung the quiver and the bow around his shoulders. He was told that he'd need it today, if today was the day that'll he be going out to the Bronze Woods again, otherwise he can take his time and start practicing with the weapon more. The longbow was exquisite. It satisfied Ferrin as a classic tool that is good for killing wild animals.

The Kenashian headed out the door as he was settled with the gear. It wasn't to comfortable, but if it suited him. He closed the door behind him slowly and it responded with a simple click. Ferrin then hurried back through to the streets to meet up with Shimoje. As he was about to gain his momentum. It subsided and was particularly interrupted by a woman... not any woman... Jade. Shyke, how could he have almost forgotten her.

She had asked if he stayed at the barracks last night. Ferrin nodded and sighed. He knew he couldn't hide what had happened yesterday. Especially with someone who is perhaps even better at keeping secrets then he, though the two, Ferrin and Shimoje needed all the help they can get. He just wasn't sure of the reaction that the Drykas woman was going to relent with.

"Yeah, we had an accident yesterday. Out in the woods. Bandits with a ritual, I've distracted them and we'd gotten them killed. Shimoje and I. Then these large wolves came and nearly mauled us. I've decided to stay at the barracks last night because I figured that I should get my rest as soon as I can." Ferrin showed Jade the scar on his right arm. The scar that made the three /// slash marks almost. It was healed yesterday by a young Konti that was marked by Ra'Keli.

"We're heading to the Pits for training. Do you think that you could train Shimoje? He'd love it if you could teach him. I told him that you could perhaps train him per say. Since, your the one who knows how to use daggers?" Asked Ferrin peculiarly.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes