Completed [Open] Lets Hope This Works [2]

What Happens to a Bandit after he gets stabbed?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Open] Lets Hope This Works [2]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 13th, 2016, 10:11 pm

Adventure of a Scientist [1]

Timestamp: 31st of spring516av

|| "My Words" || "Your Words" || My Thoughts ||

As Shimoje peeked his head over. Ser Xervos leveled his eyes as he turned his head slowly towards the man. "Don't peak it out to far."Said the Knight in a cold whisper, he didn't; obviously, want to be caught by the bandits. He also did not want to be murdered in cold blood by these spiritual like humans. From what could be seen of them. They almost acted like barbarians. Holding up bottles of alcohol and swinging their arms wildly up and about whilst dancing and prancing around the campfire like ballerinas. But, from what Ferrin could see... There was someone tied up against a stake positioned deep into the ground. A sacrifice perhaps? Ferrin wasn't to sure. But, whatever or whoever it was, was in trouble. And being tied up, is not a good situation.

Their was a man, with an elderly visage. But, very exuberant and almost full of life. He had this eerie smile that could possibly freak Ferrin out even. It was almost menacing and intimidating to just look at it. Ferrin cringed, his lips curled and tight, Ferrins' eyebrows arched up in a peculiar way and Ferrin wanted to look away. Though, he kept his gaze onto that tribe, or whatever one should call it as. A clan, guild? Does it matter?

The bald headed man seemed to ask Ser Xervos something. The Knight turned back to face him once again and nodded, "Yes Shimoje I see it."Said the Knight as he looked back at the men circling around drunkenly about and humming. It was more of a mixture of grunting and gurgling then humming, though it was still a sight to see, but terrifying to watch kind of moment."Yes Shimoje. That person, whoever he might be. Needs help. Desperately." Replied the Knight with a simple nod as he kept peeking at the men dancing around.

Shimoje offered an option, and possibly what seemed to be the main and only option. "To distract them, Shimoje? They are nothing but blinded parasites."Retorted Ferrin in a kind manner, not trying to offend the bald man, but he was just stating the obvious. Though, if they really meant to save this person strapped to the stake, who knows what he's done? It was certainly a mystery. From what Ferrin can tell, these bandits are not the ones to be giving justification, the Knights and The Order are. Not thieving bandits who make a living by sabotaging people and fellow locals.

Ferrin sighed awkwardly. "Alright, so what do we do?" Asked Ferrin in a whisper. He looked at Shimoje curiously, but was really concerned. Not only of himself, but for his uncle and this fairly new person that he'd met. Ferrin obviously didn't want to lose any lives, but if this meant to save that man, hopefully he would be a good candidate for this event.

The bald headed man explained the plan. Ferrin was supposed to go out there? Though, he could possibly fend off a few couple of drunken men. And from the looks of it, only a few wear bearing weapons in one hand. "Uh... Okay... I'll see what I can do... Let's just hope this works, Shimoje."Said Ferrin precariously as he turned to face the men again to grasp a better view. Unfortunately, his eyesight on detail wasn't built to the extreme. Yet. Ser Xervos nodded his head. "I'll talk to the head of the Knights himself and offer out my word of your service today, both of you two. I'll scout around. Be aware, there still might be bandits despite them being drunk; hopefully there are none, but you understand what I'm trying to say here. Be careful." It was mainly an order, to the both of the younger men that Ser Xervos was giving out.

Ser Xervos walked back through from where they came from and took a sharp left into the depths of the woods to follow on through the Kabrin Road. It was clear for the majority of the last trip here. Hopefully, most of these bandits would be here at the campsite. All Ferrin had to do was to distract them. The Squire pulled out his short broadsword and grasped the straps on his shield tightly. "Alright. Time to distract these petching bastards."Said Ferrin exuberantly, but also in a whisper. Ferrin nodded to Shimoje before he walked away. And after that, Ferrin was alone. For the time being, and save for the men dancing around wildly.

After a few breaths of reassurance that things would be alright. Ferrin slowly rose his body up. The metal weighed on him like a stack of bricks. With a breath, Ferrin rushed out with a wry smile over his face, and he began to play along for the first chime and as he neared the men. He would have his chance of striking one of them through the body. Hopefully, these bandits would mistake Ferrin as a bandit. As he neared a bandit. Ferrin was behind him. His short broadsword lowered and aimed for his back. With a sudden thrust, Ferrin could hear bones cracking and red oozing liquid came spewing out the front of the man and poured on the ground as Ferrin withdrew his blade. With no time to clean it, one of the bandits looked at him.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ferrin immediately turned and rushed back from where he came from. Over a dozen men started howling and raised their alcohol and thrown it at Ferrin, they all rushed after him and at most half of them grabbed weapons. Without knowing what they were. He didn't really care at the moment. All Ferrin cared about was his life and survival. He breathed heavily and the edges of his shield kept rasping at Ferrins shoulder as he ran at full speed. Running with a suit of armor and a sword with a shield. Is a lot of difficulty. He'd seen Shimoje just in a matter of chimes and Ferrin waved his hands to get him to start running! Ferrin maneuvered his way ahead of time, and avoided the trap completely. He kept on running, and didn't bother to see the outcome of the trap. "Come- On!" Exclaimed Ferrin mainly to Shimoje. Also, running through the woods was a tough challenge as well. To watch out for the fallen logs and large stones made it difficult while you wanted to live. Ferrin grabbed Shiimoje by the arm and pushed the bald headed man ahead of Ferrin giving him an extra boost. Surely, they weren't going to end up with these savages.

Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 27th, 2016, 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 13th, 2016, 11:26 pm

S H I M O J E

Timestamp:31st of spring516av

Shimoje’s fingers danced around the piece of wood that held the trap in place, waiting. It hadn’t been but a few chimes until he heard the rather loud noise of clashing armor running in his direction. Surely, this would be Ferrin. He was approaching rapidly too, breathing fairly hard and almost red in the face from the load. Shimoje regretted putting Ferrin through so much work, but that was the least thing on his mind.

He saw that Ferrin had told him to run ahead, but he just couldn’t not yet. If the trap wasn’t sprung at the right time it would surely kill Ferrin or himself. Shimoje stayed place until finally Ferrin was just a few paces from him. He kept his hand on the piece of wood waiting to yank it at the right time when Ferrin grabbed his arm and pulled him. Luckily, Shimoje kept a firm grip on the wood and just as Shimoje was yanked and tossed forward to run the wood came along with him.

A large CRACK was heard with the snapping of the ropes and soon enough the rather large spiked contraption swung down as the bandits approached not far behind. The swinging occurred in the direction that Shimoje and Ferrin had been running, but it was really fast. It just barely seemed to escape the point of tension where the ropes above it changed its direction opposite of them heading straight towards the bandits who quickly followed behind. Shimoje didn’t dare look back while running. He was too afraid too, but he still heard the clashing of metal behind him. That was a real relief.

Next thing you know the rather large spiked contraption crashed into a group of crazed bandits with a few of them fast enough to dodge it. The others were not too lucky. The spikes tore into their flesh like butter and carried them away swinging with heavy momentum. Their bodies completely impaled and blood leaving a trail across the ground. Guts spilled out dragging across the dirt and a faint scream could be heard until it finally subsided from the wooden swing.

Shimoje followed the path he laid before with markings on the wood and the fresh scent of blood filled the air. The iron could probably be smelled for miles, and a howl came from the distance. Shimoje and Ferrin still being chased by two of the bandits didn’t seem to stop, but just as the howl came Shimoje froze in place and turned around. Ferrin was right behind him and Shimoje gave him the most feared look in his life. He didn’t want to run anymore. His legs were very tired and sweat was even dripping from his forearms. The piece of wood clutched tightly in his hand Shimoje gestured at Ferrin showing his willingness to fight. The bandits were right behind, closing fast. Their drunken run caused one of them to trip as the other looked back and ran into a twig.

Shimoje smiled but just as fast as the smile touched his face it was exhausted by two wolves who were just as big as him came and attacked the bandits. “That could have been me!” Shimoje panted. He took up a defensive position while looking at the wolves tear into flesh and the bandit’s necks. Just as fast as they had made the kill from the jugular they had turned and gazed at the two standing about 15 paces away. They held their ground knowing that this prey would be harder to kill and growled almost harmoniously with each other.

The snarl of their snouts showed their fangs and the one closest bore a black coat and was a little larger than the other which had a silver coat. It took a few steps forward and headed towards Shimoje and Ferrin. Shimoje was a bit behind Ferrin, but closed the distance by walking forward to him to get closer. That was a very wrong move because the silver coated wolf took a few steps itself and snarled the worst he had ever seen. Shimoje was so scared he was about to piss his pants. He raised his piece of wood in reaction, and just as he did that the wolf came and ran towards him, circling around to the back to where Shimoje was. It wasn't soon after that the black wolf charged towards Ferrin.

The wolf opened its jaws just before Shimoje's face, and in reaction he placed the piece of wood in front of it. Shimoje was tackled to the ground and as he fell he noticed one more figure approaching. The piece of wood was clutched in the jaws of the wolf and saliva dripped down onto Shimoje's face. Grunt and screams emerged from the rather weak bald headed figure, and adrenaline was filling Shimoje's veins so much so that he didn't notice he was scratched by the wolve's claws during the tackle.

The piece of wood was starting to snap and splinter, and Shimoje's only reaction was to reach for his woodcarver's knife. He took the knife and plunged into the jugular of the wolf multiple times as he held the wood trying to prevent him from being bit. This only resulted in the wolf trying harder to kill him, it had just barely got close enough to put it's jaw straight over Shimoje's face when it fell to the ground pouring and squirting out blood all over. Shimoje was pinned under the wolf and could not move at all. He was so exhausted and scared he just collapsed and closed his eyes from the result of the blood. Everything seemed to be in a blur that it happened so fast. He only had hoped that Ferrin had better luck than himself

My Words My Thoughts Others Words
Last edited by Shimoje on April 20th, 2016, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 14th, 2016, 2:13 am

Timestamp:

Ferrin was relieved, but also guilty at the same time after he grasped Shimojes arm. If he hadn't, the lot of them would possibly be all dead. After the trap had been triggered the majority if the drunken bandits were killed and their blood trailed a small portion of the forest and their bodies shredded and disfigured. They were far behind them now, and only two bandits followed. Two. Suddenly, Shimoje stopped and turned his body around to face the bandits with a stake in his hand.

Ferrin was exhausted and almost just out of breath. He wanted to go back to Syliras. Ferrin turned and nodded his head at Shimoje. His breathing still heavy. He grasped his short broadsword tightly around the hilt. The metal, still tinged with solidified blood. The tip dripped with the red thick liquid from the metal to the ground creating a drop and a small puddle of blood as the tip of the steel hung there loosely.

Everything happened so fast Ferrin could relinquish a few blinks at a time. The bandits stopped and prepared themselves, but before they could even begin their stance, it was swiftly interrupted by the quick actions of two large wolves. One with a coat of pitch black, the other, silver like metal. The two wolves mauled the bandits to death, literally. They each had chosen their target. Within a split chime they switched their targets. From the bandits to Ferrin and Shimoje.

The silver one circled around Shimoje with quick speed. As it got the back of where Shimojes' black should be. It lunged, but, before Ferrin could help Shimoje the massive black wolf lunged at Ferrin at the same time. Shyke! Thought Ferrin as he raised his shield up to prevent his face from being mailed by the big bad wolf. The massive form of the wolf jumped and knocked Ferrin over. The Kenashian felt weak, weaker than when he had run.

The beast was struggling to get its blood red grummy teeth onto Ferrins face. Most of its body was sprawled out on his shield and it's jaw was snapping and drilling red blood from its mouth and slimed Ferrins face. Ferrin struggled, but lost his grip to his sword as he fell the blade skitted across the ground. Giving him, the disadvantage. Both hands gripped onto the straps of the shield and Ferrin tried lifting the beast off of him. But, with the beast struggling and giving it's full weight onto Ferrin it definitely posed a challenge for Ferrin.

The wolves mouth inched closer to Ferrins face and Ferrin could smell the stench of sticky blood all throughout it. His face cringed, but he kept up with the struggle. Shimoje managed to kill off the sliver wolf, and with that. The black wolf herked it's head up towards the bald headed man and snarled. Ferrin quickly shoved the wolf over with a large quantity of his strength. He then quickly stood up and knelt over as the wolf tried to stand, but Ferrin was quicker. He took the only tool he had at the moment, his shield and started bashing the wolfves' cranium to the ground. Blood spattered all over. He stopped bashing as he so the smirk on the wolf disappear. With an exhausted sigh. He knelt down, his shield clattered to the ground. Shock slowly started to fill up his emotional system. "It's over now." Said the Kenashian. His ears rang with hypersensitivity and he just wanted to sit and wait. Just wait.

But, they had to go back and report. "Let's go. We'll report back to The Order. We can rest then Ser Xervos would soon catch up with us and the man who was tied up too. Come now."The Kenashian said no more as he gathered up his bloodied weapons and restrapped his shield. And sheathed his sword in its sheath. Ferrin started walking towards the Gates. And his legs shook every time. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to do something like that again. "We can talk later. The running drained most of my energy."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 14th, 2016, 3:00 am

S H I M O J E

Timestamp:31st of spring516av

Shimoje scuttled his way from underneath the wolf and was fairly exhausted. The scavenger in him didn’t want to waste the parts of the wolf. He wiped the blood from his eyes and finally opened them up to see the two wolves lay before him. “What happened to that figure I saw earlier? Maybe it was nothing.” Shimoje removed his largest knife from his woodcarver’s kit and attempted to cut at the skin of the wolf from the torso to the tail. He did so hastily and removed a large patch of fur and skin that was the size of his body. He went to the black wolf and did the same. It took a little bit of chimes, but Shimoje felt ready for anything right now. Still high on adrenaline. He draped the two pelts over his shoulder as blood dripped from them and his face. It was not a pretty sight.

Finally, he picked himself up mentally speaking and walked towards Ferrin to head out of the forest back the way they had come. It didn’t seem like far at all, because the tree with the circle on it had already come within sight. “Wow, we ran a distance didn’t we?” Shimoje laughed but lost the energy noticing he once again was injured, but this time it wasn’t as severe. “Just a scratch this time. I got mauled by the wolf, but we both know who ended up on top.” He jested.

“Wait, didn’t the wolf fall on me? Darn.” He jested once more, trying to bring light to their position, which really sucked. As Ferrin and Shimoje walked back to the city – tired, bloody, and worn out he couldn’t help but to think how they would get past the gate guards then he remembered that Ferrin was part of the order and had to report to them. “Who are you going to report to?” He asked as the gates started to come into sight.

He turned around once more looking back to see if maybe Ser Xervos had made it, but he was no where in sight. Instead a person with an unfamiliar body charged at Ferrin and Shimoje. Another bandit. “Oh come on!” Shimoje exasperated. He was tired and sick of dealing with these fools. He had already outsmarted them once, but how would he do it again? He was not within running distance of the gates, and even if he was he doubted that he could even try to attempt to run right now.

The bandit was gaining distance and fast, but didn’t appear to be holding anything. Shimoje with pelts over his shoulders yelled out of anger “If you come a step further I will skin you like I did these wolves!” The bandit stopped and ran back into the woods. Shimoje let out a chuckle “Holy, did that really just work?” he almost whispered to Ferrin and shrugged as he walked back to the gates. Upon arrival Ferrin took care of all the talking and got them through to the inside despite the blood that made them look like bandits themselves. Man, was it a sight, they looked very intimidating. Shimoje licked his lips from them being so dry and got a taste of dried blood. Somehow, it didn’t bother him as much as he thought it would, but still didn’t enjoy it.

“By the way, are you alright Ferrin? I hope you didn’t get injured and are just trying to hide it from me. See look” he pointed to his scratches on his arm where his other rather big scar was from falling from a tree was. They walked through the city talking and Shimoje carried his prized pelts that he scavenged like a trophy one black as night and the other silvery white. They finally reached the place to report to and Shimoje was scared once again, for fear he did something wrong. He had never killed anyone before, nor had he ever skinned a wolf, but he took his best efforts and placed one foot after another. That was all he could do. He sat down on a bench nearby waiting for Ferrin to finish putting in his report and started to clean his pelts from the rapid skinning. The pelts needed washed, and a pale of water was nearby most likely for horses to drink, but Shimoje thought nothing of it, he dragged it towards his bench and started to clean the furs and his face. Soon enough the two pelts looked like they were in decent shape and he laid them over his lap. Despite washing them they still felt warm and it was a comfortable feeling.

As he sat he realized just how achy and tired he was, and it wasn’t long before his eyes started to shut, but he fought it off knowing that someone would probably want to talk to him soon. He remembered that his knives were probably dirty too and started to clean them off in the water as well. They still seemed as sharp as ever. His father left him some very good knives, that is for sure. He knew it was late out and his mind started to wander as if he was dreaming. This all couldn’t have been real could it have? He pressed against the cuts from the wolf claws, they resembled a paw mark almost, and then the pain came. Yep, he was still alive, and awake.

My Words My Thoughts Others Words
Last edited by Shimoje on April 20th, 2016, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 15th, 2016, 2:36 pm

Timestamp:

Ferrins hunting instincts seemed to not have taken over as Shimoje salvaged some of the fur from each of the two beasts with his knife. Ferrin sighed as he waited for the bald man to finish up the process with patience. As the adrenaline dicipated, he felt a slight burning sensation on his right forearm. Though, the metal armor can protect the majority of his body, there are places of his skin that can be exposed. The gauntlets don't help much with the protection either. Well, not very well.

The Kenashian examined his arm while Shimoje was still working on the process. There was a large claw had penetrated his skin and his skin turned red from irrigation and the blood that slowly filled up to a bubble of blood. Ferrin winced as be looked at it, but now the pain started to dwindle. Though, it would spark back up if he ever touched it. So, Ferrin decided to leave it be and put it back down as quickly as Shimoje turned round his body. He asked about a figure. And Ferrin hadn't noticed a figure run along by them. "Who now?"

Ferrin didn't really care for who followed them. He was a bit to exhausted to care. He just wanted to get home. Shimoje hadn't wipped the blood off of the wolf pelts that he carved from and just left them hanging there, over one of his shoulders, with the blood dripping down over his clothing. Ferrins breathing began to slow to a normal beat.

The question didn't really bother Ferrin as he didn't want to investigate any further after being chased like a goose. And nearly mauled to death by a Wolf. Shimoje commented on the distance that they ran. "Yes, we did. Quite." Commented Ferrin with a look of achievement that showed over his exhausted visage. Ferrin started walking back at the open road. The Kabrin Road. The two started towards the Gates and slowed their pace to normal. Shimoje simply commented on his scratch on his arm. Ferrin looked down at his once again. Blood leaked down through the gauntlets, but Ferrin could feel his vitality at a high still. He didn't feel like passing out, perhaps it was still the aftermath of the adrenaline that remained and still coursed through his veins.

"Scratch for you and a scratch for me. Though, I've been tackled." Said Ferrin with a slight smile. He leveled his arm up over his chest and bent it at a 90 degree angle and showed it Shimoje, the blood still trailed and now dripped down onto the ground instead of through his gauntlet. The blood within Ferrins metal gauntlet felt sticky and dry. Which, really, didn't appeal to Ferrin and he wanted to wash it off as soon as he could.

Shimoje then asked him where he was going to report to. "One of the Knights. They'll report to the leader of the Order. Ser Loren Dyres. The Grandmaster of Syliras. Hopefully, he'll be able to do something with the information. If any. Perhaps the man tied up on the stake would know a few things or two?" Said Ferrin as he looked back through the Kabrin Road. As Ferrin looked back, Shimoje and the Kenashian had noticed a man running after them. Shimoje taunted the man in a way that almost felt comical. He instantly turned round and rushed away. With Shimoje's threat Ferrin felt better now that he at least knew how to threaten another man when it came to certain terms.

Shimoje asked if he hadn't gotten injured as bad as Shimoje. So Ferrin stopped and examined further. "Nope, just the arm... And a few scrapes that the claws had gotten through the chain mail of the legs. I just hope that I don't have to pay for the damage." Said Ferrin as he re continued his walking with Shimoje.

It didn't take long to get back through the Gates. Ferrin's fellow squires had taken a peculiar look at him, but Ferrin didn't care. He just wanted this day to be practically over with. Within a few chimes, they reached the building to report. Ferrin spotted a Knight with a pin of one sword on his clothing and Ferrin knew that this Knight was not on duty. But, he reported and the Knight lead him to Ser Loren Dyres. Ferrin turned his head to face Shimoje "Wait here." He said to Shimoje. As blood trickled slowly down his arm. It seemed to be closing up now, but Ferrin should really wash it. He felt so embarrassed without a sword at hand when he was fighting against that wolf.

Ferrin was taken to a small office. With the Knight already sitting at his chair. Ferrin decided to stand and waited. The Knight looked over Ferrin once or twice and nodded."What news do you bring me besides those bandits unconscious?" Asked the Knight wearly. Ferrin started with a simple Ser. And explained his story and complimented on Shimojes actions that he had done.

"Ser. To finish, there was another bandit that rushed after us... Though we managed to scare him with a threat knowing that we killed the majority of his bandit companions." The Knight nodded simply. His pin of one sword on his chest gleamed exuberantly and it was recently polished as well. "Alright. I'll report to Grandmaster Loren Dyres. You should take your day rest and get your arm checked at. It seemed that the bleeding stopped now."Ferrin nodded. "What about Ser Xervos? My Uncle? He should be back soon." Said Ferrin tiredly. "I'll take it in account. We'll make an escort for him once he returns." Replied the Knight wearily.

Ferrin turned and took his leave ready to be checked on and rest. Once he left the room, he was greeted by Shimoje who'd seemed to have already cleaned himself. Ferrin did the same and went over to a near by healer. She checked on him and did her little Ra'Keli healing. "Thank you." Said Ferrin with a smile. He fished out a couple of coins and placed them in the Kontis hand gingerly without any objections. "Hey Shimoje. I think that we should take a rest... The Knight would take his leave and tell Grandmaster Loren Dyres. He'll be sure to tell the Grandmaster of your work. And the bandits."

Said Ferrin simply as he sat next to Shimoje. "What do you think?" Ferrin still needed to clean the armor that was contaminated with blood and guts, but it didn't matter to Ferrin right now all he knew was that the pages would usually do that kind of work. Though if the Knights had a knack for making their squires do that kind of work, it can usually happen. "Well, we could always go and get a nice wash down and I'll have a chance to clean my armor and weapons. The Soothing Waters?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 15th, 2016, 10:33 pm

Who needs to relax? Day 33 of Spring 516 A.V. 10th bell

With the furs cleaned and a somewhat cleaned face, Shimoje sat there patiently waiting on Ferrin. He was curious what they had talked about, and he was just about to find something to occupy his time when Ferrin approached him and mentioned rest. Rest. The word echoed throughout Shimoje’s entire core and it wouldn’t take long for him to be vitalized again with energy just to make it to a place where he could truly relax, and perhaps tell stories of the battle that had just happened. He enjoyed sharing things now, and despite all that happened he knew it was only right that Ferrin got a piece of the glory. He thought that Ferrin deserved the black wolf pelt. It could be used for a bunch of different things as a squire he was sure.

Ferrin looked to Shimoje after their long adventure, but deep down Shimoje knew that there was more to this than met the eye. A slew questions finally cascaded his brain like a whirlwind with gyres of various thoughts. It caused him to have somewhat of a head ache, but that could have also been the fact adrenaline was no longer coursing through his brain. While standing up Shimoje attempted to play a knightly joke on Ferrin by kneeling before him and presenting the black wolf pelt to him. It still sheened from the water which had washed it, and was remarkable beautiful despite a few strands that were haphazardly cut and hanging which could be trimmed up at a later time.

Time seemed to have passed rather quickly, and being late into the afternoon Shimoje knew that the soothing waters shouldn’t be too busy. “This is for you Honorable Ferrin.” He held up the fur higher to hand it him when he noticed the white rose still strapped onto him. It was covered in blood and almost made it look like a red rose with the exception of velvet streaks which dripped to its stem. “I guess that flower was good luck” He smiled while looking at it. Ferrin graciously took the pelt and the joke went above his head, perhaps it was him being so tired. “Thank you, Shimoje. Let me just drop this off, and I will be back.” He headed away for a few chime dropping off his pelt in his squire’s quarters.

Shimoje didn’t mind carrying around his silver pelt, it was fairly heavy and extended over half of his body. He stood up placing hands on knees and reluctantly standing up to a full stance. Letting out a deep sigh he once again saw his approaching friend. “Let’s go to this Soothing Water’s place. This time make sure you relax too, huh?” Shimoje quirked at Ferrin with a slight wink. This time should be much more enjoyable. The two took off into the afternoon with a slight limp from soreness, the two looked like they had been through some serious mishap and people would stop and stare at them until they passed as they made their way through the city to their destination.

Once arriving at the Soothing Waters they were greeted by wide eyes that screamed for help. Not help in the sense of them being in danger, but one knowing that their job would be hard to get these two cleaned, and their clothes would take a lot of work in and of itself. Especially Shimoje’s which had caked on blood which seemed to create a new layer across the stiffened ware. The two were quickly escorted to a shared bath area with a rather large pool, not too unlike the first one they had encountered with the drunken bandits. Shimoje stripped down, his pale skin tanned from the blood which had soaked through his clothes and the earlier bandage which had been on him from the day before. The attendants helped him to remove the bandage and the decompression of his chest revealed he was still sore, maybe even more so from the result of being tackled by the silver wolf. His bare body was almost as hairless as his head and he entered the waters which were fairly warm. The steam seemed to caress his pores and the dried blood leaked from his body. He almost didn’t even notice that just as fast as himself Ferrin had climbed in as well. His naked body was much more toned than Shimoje’s and that resulted in Shimoje just sulking further into the water. He was mildly embarrassed, but at least Shimoje was a bit developed in other senses.

“I think I need a day’s rest Ferrin. Can we finish up here and go relax? I will meet with you the day after next.” Shimoje stated to Ferrin and smiled as he re-emerged from the waters and continued to get scrubbed. His clothes were also being tended to, knowing they would never be the same he figured he should also purchase some new ones, but that would have to wait. Perhaps his fur could be used, nah. Shimoje didn’t seem like the type to wear fur. He was a bald man after all. A few bells passed by and it was finally time to leave. Shimoje exchanged his departing gestures to Ferrin and left the bathhouse to retire early in his apartment and go to sleep.
oocShimoje didn’t actually relax. The next day he waked sore as ever and walked around to find a pursuit of a thieving prankster in the Grand Bazaar. Thread 32nd of spring “To Catch a Prankster”
Day 33 of Spring 516 A.V. 10th bell
knock knock knock

knock

knock

Shimoje was patiently waiting outside of the squire’s door which he learned the location of when Ferrin dropped off his pelt. He had no idea if Ferrin was there, but he figured he would try. The day before was exciting and surely he had many stories to tell, but all he was focused on was the previous adventures with Ferrin. He wanted to know of Ser Xervos and the guy that was tied at the stake. Furthermore, he was very curious of this Loren Dyres that Ferrin had mentioned.

So there he stood, with a crooked smile and a held breath awaiting the door to be answered. For some reason he was very nervous. He didn’t bring much with him besides his woodcarver’s knife and some new tools which had been purchased the day before. On his belt rested a pouch filled with nails and a hammer, and his bag a couple pieces of wood.
oocThe NPC attached to the stake was Yargul Munderitcher, who was encountered by Shimoje in The Adventures of a Scientist.

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 16th, 2016, 11:15 pm

Timestamp:

Usually, Ferrin wouldn't be using his dorms, but decided to leave the fur hanging over his bed in the room just for the heck of it. The bed was rarely used and no wrinkles what so ever drapped from the red velvet coloured blanket. The stiff fluffed pillow positioned neatly against the headboard of the bead. He hung the fur just over a few feet above the headboard.

As Ferrin came back he noticed Shimoje still with the fur hanging over his shoulder. It almost presented a look of insanity. Well, to Ferrin. Though, the pelt was cleaned Ferrin figured that things would be alright. "Those petching wolves need to know who their messing with." Said Ferrin tauntingly.

The Soothing Waters? Yes. That place is always the place to go to feel a certain relieving feel. And it's good to wash off the grit and grime off the skin. "Yes, that sounds like a good thought. Get this grime off us eh?" Said Ferrin with a smile. The flower, yeah it turned out to be good luck. Fortunately. Ferrin patted his sheath "That flower did do the trick, didn't it?"Said Ferrin with a comical smile.

It didn't take too long of a walk to reach the Soothing Waters. Ferrin was glad that he could relieve the armor off of his body. Only to reveal sweaty clothing and with it, cakes with dirt and mud as well. Ferrin strolled and while he did, their were two women who had wanted to assist in cleaning the clothing. The armor, for sure would be a tough one and before Ferrin stepped through into the water he pulled out a few random coins from the pockets of his pants.

The women nodded and both smiled while Ferrin placed a few Golden coins into their hands. Ferrin almost looked dark as a shadow with all off this dirt caked onto his skin. He definitely needed some cleaning. And was glad that he had gotten it. At least he wasn't dead. But, there was one thing on his mind. Ser Xervos. His uncle. Had he come back yet? Ferrin couldn't quite relax just yet without knowing his uncle was alright.

Ferrins muscles ached all over, but the cool sensation of the water loosened up the muscles and his Abe's had relaxed. Just slightly. With the dirt and grime washing off while the two women joined in in the coolness of the water. They had helped him wash off the sticky thick blood spots that had stained Ferrins skin. Soon, the job was finished and Ferrin couldn't be any more pleased with how his body turned out. "Thank you ladies." Ferrin didn't notice Shimojes silence since most of his time was thinking about Ser Xervos.

Shimoje Said something about taking a days rest. That was what Ferrin needed, he was exhausted. Extremely. "Yes, we can totally take the day of rest." Then tomorrow meet up with Shimoje. Surely.

OOCThough, most of the Citadel is accessible by the locals, the dorms are only for the squires/knights.

33rd of Spring516av

Ferrin had been awaken by a shrug of his shoulder by a fellow Squire. Not Ser Xervos unfortunately. He was surprised that he had fallen asleep within the barracks last night. He would usually sleep in his apartment at the Traveler's Row with Jade. "Ferrin wake up. Someone wants to see you a bald headed man waiting outside of the Barrack's doors."Said the squire. Ferrin sighed and rubbed his eyes with his tanned colored hands then sat up. "Alright."

Ferrin belted his short broadsword and left his shield resting against the base of the bed and got out of bed. He then made it as it was before. A few chimes later, Ferrin opened the door that lead out to the outside of the barracks. In an instant, he was greeted by the foreigner as he closed the door behind him. Ferrin pressed his hand back through his hair. "Hey Shimoje what's up?" Asked Ferrin as he was curious to what Shimoje needed to talk about.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 17th, 2016, 10:59 pm

[/color]

Worries

Shimoje was greeted by a slightly freshened up kenashian. Ferrin looked as if he had just gotten out of bed. He stood there in front of Shimoje with curiosity. “Oh, I didn’t mean to wake you. How are you Ferrin.” Shimoje asked as if there was something far much more than just a morning greeting on his mind. In fact, worry happened to be seeping through his face, and the protruding of his brows showed that.

Shimoje couldn’t imagine how Ferrin felt because he himself felt guilty about leaving their comrade behind. Also he couldn’t help but to think to wonder what was the deal with the ritual, and who the petch was that man tied to the stake. He wanted to investigate it more, but he knew that if they went out there alone they might face worse fears than those that had haunted them previously. Shimoje spent the day before chasing down a pranking thief just to get his mind off of things, and even that resolution may not have come to an end.

All of this was rather silly… Shimoje’s nature of curiosity and understanding had completely taken over, and all of this had led him to believe that the city might have more problems than is obvious. He wondered why the prevalence of the knights was so prevalent and yet there still existed things they could not control. He began to envy the knights, and standing before him a squire in the same. Shimoje looked once again at Ferrin, but this time brought his eyes up to make a deep hearted eye to eye question. “Have you heard from Ser Xervos. Also, what is the deal with this ritual. I have never seen anything like that.” Shimoje still bore the wolf pelt across his shoulders, this time it seemed to dressed up rather nicely. The glimmer of the pelt and his eyes were strikingly observable. His eyes showed a deep sorrow and seemed to stand out that much more with the pelt.

A wind slightly picked up and sent a chill down Shimoje’s spine. He looked around casually and saw the movebodies of squires across the area. Shimoje knew that it may have been some time and the things change very fast in the woods. He didn’t even know where to go from here, but a thought struck his mind at the last instant. “Let’s take a walk, Ferrin” Shimoje gestured secretively as to not aware too many of the squires around him. “There is much more to all of this. Something doesn’t seem right.” He had whispered while kicking a pebble on the ground. Don’t they have squires sweep this area?

“We need to figure this out, Ferrin.” Shimoje stated as he grabbed Ferrin by the arm for more of the point to come across. The grab wasn’t rough, it was more like a gentle touch and he continued on “I wouldn’t feel right if we just stay here and do nothing.”

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 18th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Timestamp

As Ferrin was greeted by the foreign bald head man from Zeltiva Ferrin rubbed his eyes to get the crustiness feeling out of them and finished with a stretch and a yawn. Why is this man up so early? Thought Ferrin as he put his arms down beside his sides."It's okay Shimoje. I usually don't sleep here anyways. Have my own apartment. " Said Ferrin with a whitened toothy smile.

Ferrin wondered if Seer Xervos, his uncle had ever came back into Syliras? Maybe. But, there would be a possibility that Ser Xervos was mislead by the bandit. Though, there could always be a chance that Ser Xervos would make it back alive. He hadn't been notified by any of his fellow squires or even another Knight. But, what would that mean to Ferrin? He knew that things would end up better. He just knew he'll be able to find his uncle.

Shimoje asked if Ferrin had heard from his patron. "No. I have not. The ritual? No I don't understand that either. Quite a mystery if you ask me. But, if there were that much bandits out there last night. Then they must have fortified some camp close by." Said Ferrin in a low whisper. He faced the bald man, Shimoje with a steady gaze. He wasn't trying to make things uncomfortable, but was really curious of this man Shimoje. He didn't know much of him save that he was a foreigner.

Ferrin nodded, his legs still sore from yesterdays' run. "Sure. Sure. As long as we don't have to run again."Said Ferrin. Though he shouldn't be complaining Shimoje appeared older than him. The Zeltivian had ran as much as Ferrin did. Surely. He shouldn't be complaining at all, bit Ferrin nearly gave away his life to the followers of whoever God. Surely, he wouldn't have to do it again.

The tired Ferrin was reluctantly grabbed at the arm by Shimoje."Hey, hey." Retorted Ferrin quietly. "This conversation doesn't have to be instant does it? At least let us have this talk over a drink of coffe mate? "Said Ferrin tiredly as he rubbed one of his like a child with his other hand that wasn't restrained." You mind letting go?" Asked Ferrin as they walked away from the barracks.

Shimoje didn't feel right? The squire had been at an all time low ever since his uncle's missing. Even though he had been missing since yesterday there could be a chance where he'd might've gotten lost. Or perhaps pushed away by wolves? Maybe. But, that seemed unlikely Ser Xervos knew more of the Bronze Woods then Ferrin did. All Ferrin knew was where and how to hunt.

But, what to make of Shimoje did he know about this? Or was he really unsure as much as Ferrin was? Unsure and as much curious, worried, and anything realluly. What to make of his future days to come, eh?

OOCThe bean is mostly a coffe shope. If shimoje wanted to go and have some coffe perhaps he could lead ferrin there? I didn't want to make it feel like I'm powergaming Shimoje. XD

My Words My Thoughts Your Words

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 19th, 2016, 9:40 pm

[/color]

The Apartments

Shimoje thought he had let go of Ferrin’s arm, but all the other thoughts he had going on inside his mind must have blanked that part out. With a rather socially awkward “OH!” Shimoje let go of Ferrin’s arm and shifted his eyes in another direction as if embarrassed. The kensashian spoke of going to drink some coffee, and Shimoje couldn’t imagine speaking of such things openly. He wanted to talk about what happened and perhaps ask for advice from Ferrin in the process. Shimoje was a quick learner and could perhaps focus on what he had to say and learn from it.

“The coffee shop won’t do. You said your actual apartment was in Traveler’s Row? I completely forgot we were practically neighbors!” Shimoje went on “Why didn’t you walk with me the other night?” Shimoje full well knew he was too exhausted and probably just crashed at the squires area to help with the exhaustion.

Despite it being so early in the morning the streets were fairly crowded. Shimoje took lead towards Traverler’s Row occasionally looking back at Ferrin during the process. He had to every now and then push to gesture aside someone to just walk forward. Ofcourse, it wasn’t a hard push. People seemed to move about so slowly as if they didn’t have a purpose in their walk. Shimoje did, and he didn’t want to waste any time. He typically did not like the streets either. There often was a set of prying eyes that would always be drawn to his bald head just because he was different. Mostly it would be a squire or a knight that would be walking around or standing guard.

Amongst the walking around, Shimoje spotted an old acquaintance who poked fun at him. It was Ceryl who he had met in the pits, and he seemed to be heading towards Shimoje. “Oi, Crazy spear guy! Oi Baldy!” He shouted out as approaching Shimoje. Ceryl was a very interesting person, and fairly lively. He also seemed to usually be with Yargulat the pits, but Yargul was not with him. “Hey how is your chest? Gerard told me of him knocking you out with his shield. Hey have you seen Yargul? I haven’t seen him 2 days and it isn’t like him to miss our sparring.” Ceryl’s attitude soon became one of worry.

Shimoje’s face went blank. Everything was too much. He had just been stopped by Ceryl who he thought was mildly annoying, but then went on about Yargul. Come to think of it that person tied to the stake had a similar body type to Yargul. It could possibly have been him could it? No way. Shimoje was in denial, but had it in the back of his head that it may have been him tied to the stake. “No I haven’t. He is probably just helping someone move. My chest still hurts every now and then by the way. Thanks for your concern.” Shimoje didn’t want Ceryl to become involved. It could have proved to be far too much of a problem, and right now at this time Shimoje just needed to think and come up with a valid plan. What were the chances of both Ser Xervous and Yargul not being able to make it back to the city after all of that? Also, what was with that elderly man? Shimoje didn’t remember seeing him follow them which might be problematic if he was the actual leader. “Oh, you are probably right! See you, baldy!”

They made it to traveler’s row and Shimoje fell back a few feet so that Ferrin could lead the way. It was much less crowded in this area, and Shimoje felt like he was free to speak. He caught up right beside him just after he realized it wasn’t as crowded and had something to say. “You know, that person tied to the stake could have been Yargul. He had a similar body type but it didn’t click till now.” Shimoje said nervously as if afraid of the reaction that the kenashian would have.

As walking Shimoje had already started plucking at his left eyebrow pulling out the occasional loose hair. He has already started to think and devise a plan, but at this point he had more questions than answers.

Speech Thoughts

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes