Closed Death and Business [2][Clyde]

Grand Oath

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Death and Business [2][Clyde]

Postby Shimoje on April 24th, 2016, 11:53 pm

Death and Business [1]

77th of Spring 516 A.V.

Shimoje awoke round the 12th bell. He attempted his hand at his morning routine and shaved his head very carefully, but let his beard continue to grow. He ate what poor rations he had and draped his white wolf pelt over his shoulders and strapped all of his tools to his belt. It weighed heavily but was kept close to his waist by tightening the belt more.

knock knock knock
Shimoje was at the mage’s door once again. Ready with supplies in hand and with a considerable and noticeable change. The most obvious being his tattoo and array of new tools and his silvery white wolf pelt. He didn’t even look like the same person, and had a very completely different frame of mind. His green piercing eyes stared through the door seriously. His patience was remarkable and befitting of an older man. Whatever curiosities had occurred the night before was completely obvious that it had changed the very core to the little kid that was knocking at Clyde’s door just 2 days ago.

Before the door stood the bald headed figure. Patiently looking and standing completely still. His tattoo bore marks that only he knew the true meaning to, and they overall added to his features and eyes on his tanned skin. The Zeltivian had the oath material in hand, and the rest of his tool bulged out. A collection of crafters, woodcarvers, surgeons, and gadgeteering. He looked crazy, and the wolf pelt only made it seem so much more so.

Taking a sip from his waterskin, he had but one thought on his mind. That was to do what was needed to be done, and possibly afford a way to start off anew. He started to hum a familiar tune of seaward adventures in his head as he waited.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 25th, 2016, 8:03 pm

77 Spring 516

Clyde was alerted by a knocking sound at his door. He hadn't been up too long, having slept in late after staying up late last night.

He'd spent a bit of yesterday thinking and pondering, working on the oath wording. Clyde had long since found he enjoyed pondering away and tweaking at such things, trying to find an oath that was just right.

Every-time he made one he felt like he did a bit better, had reached a bit closer to the goal of a good oath.

He almost looked back with derision at his first oath, done so long ago in Ravok with one of his first apprentices.

After thinking the day prior, and mulling over it as he slept the night before, he had risen with a coherent wording in mind. After taking Rye out to go to the bathroom, he'd settled down to begin writing out a draft of the oath.

When he heard a knock at the door, he was frowning down at the completed copy, written upon common parchment.

He still felt like it was missing something, like it wasn't perfect, but it was as close as he felt he could get.

At the sound of someone knocking at the door, Rye sitting resting beside him perked up, his red eyes turning to take in the locked front door.

Clyde let out a sigh and headed over to the door, Rye trailing along behind him. As he unlocked the door and opened it partway to peer out, Rye began to let out a low threatening growl.

Peering out at the person, Clyde eyed him once, and then simply said “What?” with no sense of recognition.

Of course, with Clyde it was always unclear if he'd simply forgotten about Shimoje entirely, or only didn't recognize him due to his altered appearance.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 25th, 2016, 10:58 pm

Shimoje was ready to face the mage and his eyes showed a drive that is only comparable to the eyes of two who have engaged in battle. The focus and determination was seeping, and with each chime that went by, his calmed thoughts were latching on to the materials in his hand. Exquisite parchment, inks, and various other objects that held mysteries to themselves. He hid them at his side so that it would not be easily seen, and just as the door was answered by a familiar face Shimoje stood his ground for a few moments.

Shimoje in his stillness answered the abrupt greeting with “Good afternoon. Great day out today, and perhaps a better one to make a deal.” He was being subtle in case he was being followed. His voice had the same mannerisms, but it was almost as if there was no stress in the words what so ever. With a slight shift of his eyes, Shimoje finally gave in noticing that the mage hadn’t recognized him right away. Why should he, after all the changes were fairly dramatic.

Shimoje turned for a glimpse of a second to survey his surroundings and kept in mind what the mage had said before. To keep every bit of their transgressions a secret. “I have something for you.” He whispered and held out the materials to the mage. “Before you ask, yes. I am Shimoje.” He had stated only the obvious, but felt it necessary.

A growl was heard from a distance inside, and Shimoje was unsure of how to react at first. Mainly he just questioned such. He didn’t remember any such sounds at his previous visit, and perhaps this growl came from some sort of beast. “Have you brought a friend for the occasion? I figured this would require…” Shimoje stopped at the last word of the sentence and chose not to finish it after some careful thoughts.

There was of course, no guarantee as the mage said that everything would be ready. Though, through the wait, and through the thoughts and adventures of the day before he knew he was ready. There were only a few things that had to be done at this point. Shimoje quickly placed the parchment in a way that no one else could see it once again and smiled conspicuously towards the mage as he awaited his answer and hopefully the gratuity of being let in to the lab once again.

His other hand graced over his new set of tools in a stance that was almost threatening at first, but it was just the way Shimoje stood. Almost as if posing, but there was no sort of intention here for that. He remembered back about the previous conversation him and the mage had shared about the arm. Perhaps now he would be more suited for such studies. It didn’t bother him actually, and the more he thought of it, the more he was interested in researching into such things. Maybe not full limbs at first, but would first try his hand at smaller more reasonable experiments to study from.

His thoughts went into various scenarios where he would cut open various large insects, fish, and reptiles wondering what secrets those would hold and how they could be put to use in other art forms as well. The thoughts might seemed sickening to most, but Shimoje was not like most others, and now he held a new set of intentions that would surely affect his aura in a whole new brilliant level.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 29th, 2016, 1:08 am

Clyde had to fight not to roll his eyes. If the man thought he was being subtle, he was heavily deceiving himself. he appeared less like a discrete person, and more like someone surreptitiously trying to sell stolen goods right in front of a squad of knights.

He was trying to be sneaky far to hard, and failing all the more for it. If anything his attempt at misdirection brought more attention to their conversation.

If Clyde did indeed have anything to hide about their dealing, he would likely have cut it off then for the foreshadowing of how the man used subtlety of words.

He vaguely recalled the name, recalling it was the same person from a few days prior. The one he'd been working on the oath for.

“Get in, you fool, and stop acting stupid. Rye, sit.”

The second thing was spoken as a command, said to something on the ground just at his side. As he said it the growling cut off, as commanded.

Clyde opened the door wide enough for Shimoje to come inside, then once he was inside shut and locked it as he always did.

Heading over to his writing desk, Rye his guard dog would follow along at Clyde's side, though continuing to glare at Shimoje when he entered his line of sight. He looked like a normal dog, almost, but he was very dark, and his eyes were the wrong color for a simple hound.

As he shuffled through some papers on his desk, Clyde let out a sigh, and spoke to Shimoje in a annoyed but even tone.

“Stop acting like we are robbing the Miza mint, you dolt. We aren't doing anything illegal, so stop acting like it. Your about as subtle as a barrel full of live weasels being rolled down a hill and into the front of a china shop, only to have the top come off and all the weasels to come out inside.”

“All you do is bring attention when you act as such. If you actually did have a reason to be hiding what you were doing, don't you think acting so oddly would bring more attention than just being normal?”

Letting out a sigh, Clyde found the paper he had been working on, with the first draft of the oath, and handed it to Shimoje.

“First draft.”

I, the undersigned, hereby swear upon the divine halls of Ukalas and all those who dwell within that I shall do as follows:

- To not bring harm(defined later) to Clyde Sullins, either directly, indirectly, or through inaction, whether through means magical or mundane, unless said harm is to stop Clyde Sullin's assured and immediate death.

> In the case of Clyde Sullin's overgiving and total loss of control/inability to stop using magic when he should, the signee would be allowed to physically harm Clyde Sullins to hinder or stop him from using magic, so long as said action would not lead to the assured and immediate death of Clyde Sullins. Maiming would only be allowed as a last resort and if no other viable and less harmful method is possible.

- To not use magic on Clyde Sullins without his direct and express permission, or in the case that not using said magic would lead to Clyde Sullins assured and immediate death. In the case of having his permission or attempting to stop his demise, the signee would not use said magic in an attempt to control or manipulate Clyde Sullins, or to alter his reasoning or mentality.

-Duty- The signee will aid Clyde Sullins in his endeavors(to be defined later) in any way possible, within their ability, so long as said assistance will not directly lead to the assured death and/or permanent maiming of the signee or Clyde Sullins.

- The Signee will use all available means to remain in contact with Clyde Sullins, and to when possible meet up with Clyde Sullins whether in Syliras or in other places.

Definitions:

Endeavors- A goal, mission, plan, experiment, or action, that's end desired result is a gain for the maker or leader of said endeavor. Said gain can be related to research or career. (career to include the below mentioned socially and politically)

Harm- Any permanent damage, diminishment, or undermining to a person, in terms of the person (list to be expanded upon individually)physically, mentally, socially, politically, intellectually, and/or monetarily.

> physically- Their body and person- bodily harm and/or maiming/death.
> mentally- Their psyche or mentality, or mental well-being.
> socially- Their social standing or growth.
> politically- Their political standing or progression.
> intellectually- Their secrets or non-publicly held knowledge - disclosing said knowledge to third parties beyond Clyde and the signor.
> monetarily- Their possessions or property- to include damage, destruction, or theft.

Final Clause:

- The Signee will be released from the aforementioned Duty upon an agreement in writing and verbally agreed between both Clyde Sullins and the Signee, without duress and of each ones own free will, that said duty has ended.

signed___________
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shimoje on April 29th, 2016, 6:06 pm

Acting. This was no act. Shimoje was perhaps detached from himself in the presence of the mage during the lecture. Once handed the oath he read it in peace and quiet. Though some of it did not make much sense and would surely need explained to the Zeltivian.

His eyes grew dull, but accepted everything on the piece of paper. Once done reading he had taken a quick glimpse at the dog and noticed something strange about its eyes. “Strange.” He had said while turning back to look at Clyde grasping the paper in his hand. “So you are teaching me of magic while under this oath? It states here in expression under the third verse to not use it on you. That would imply that you are to teach me how to use it as well?” Shimoje asked in a manner of fact tone, but wasn’t completely sure.

“Also, what is with this overgiving? Does that mean something along the lines of using too much or losing control of magic? Is it really that hard to control. Well, obviously somehow my father died from it, so surely it must be risky.” He had said. “Oh, right you won’t tell me of any of my questions till I sign, huh?” Shimoje stated.

He set the parchment and supplies on Clyde’s desk, being careful not to disturb anything else that was on it. Stepping carefully away from the desk he simply looked once again at the dog and back at Clyde. “Well, I don’t see much wrong with the draft, except… how would I remain in contact with you while at sea? Have any suggestions?”

Shimoje spoke in a somber tone, and wondered if all of this was possible. “I am still willing to sign, but I do want a guarantee that through all of this I will learn what is needed to continue to learn and grow.” Shimoje was simply trying to understand in the draft where it had stated that Shimoje would also get what was needed from the contract.

“I will aid your endeavors in whatever way possible, but what of my endeavors as well?”

Should Clyde choose to explain more of this contract to Shimoje he would probably give up on the possible negotiation to the contract and continue to sign the final oath.
Last edited by Shimoje on September 14th, 2016, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 30th, 2016, 2:16 pm

Clyde let out a sigh, staring back at Shimoje as he questioned Clyde's work.

“I didn't say I would or wouldn't be teaching you magic. I said before if I felt you were ready, when I felt you were ready, I would teach you, and not before. That goes for magic also. But I've seen enough of your type to know that if I don't teach you, you'll convince some halfwit fool mage to do so, likely before your ready. I am simply taking that into account.”

“I'd rather add an extra unneeded line, and you never learn magic let alone use it on me, against not putting in the line and it happening. I prefer to ere on the side of caution. In magic, life, and oaths.”

Clyde let out an annoyed sigh, as Shimoje pestered him on unimportant details. Of course in a few moments he did ask about the more relevant details, which would affect him.

“Imagine something. Something that when you did it you felt powerful. You felt good. Amazing. The more you did the better you felt. The more you did the more you wanted to do. Pleasurable and amazing up until the moment it kills you, or worse. That is overgiving, what happens to unrestrained mages who let their magic control them. Who press beyond what they can do in a moment, or try to do too much at once, and their body can't take it.”

“That is a taste of what overgiving is. But until you've tried magic, felt its gentle creep when you desire to just do a little more, you can't truly know or understand it, let alone know how you will react. Some people lose themselves in their magic, others can control themselves and live long enough to become skilled. Many don't. As with the former bit, it is a contingency, one that I've added in should it happen, however likely or unlikely that is.”

“As for how you act out the strictures of the oath, that is up to you and your interpretation of the best way to do so. Send me letters. Hire a message hawk. Discover a lost god of message sending, and have them do it for you. I don't really care, oaths aren't about details, they don't tell you how to resolve them, you have to do that yourself. It just sets down the rules, and you find the solution.”

Letting out another sigh, Clyde took back the oath drafting, and peered at it for a few moments. Pondering for a moment, he added in another line, with an arrow leading to just under the final clause but above the release clause. He would neaten it up for the final oath, ordering it correctly, but for the draft it was fine.

The above mentioned duty clause, which requires the signor to aid Clyde Sullins in his endeavors, will activate and become enforced upon Clyde Sullins teaching the signor about the magic which he believes is mentioned in the signors fathers letter, which was shown to Clyde Sullins prior to the oath signing.

If Shimoje agreed to the oath draft, it would take Clyde some time to make the actual oath to be signed.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shimoje on May 1st, 2016, 3:56 pm

Shimoje listened attentively to Clyde as he explained the aspects of overgiving, and almost shuddered at his mention of preventing Shimoje to ever learn magic. Had he really affected his perception to Clyde as an ignoramus to deem such a consideration to think about? “So this oath would prevent me from ever over-giving? It is like an added security to make sure I don’t waste both of our efforts?” The question seeped out of Shimoje’s lips foolishly as he tried to understand the whole effects that the oath would have on him.

“So what would happen to me if the oath was broken, even on accident?” He dared towards Clyde. Shimoje wanted to know what exactly would happen to him, but he remembered that grand oaths simply can’t be broken. He was afraid for himself in some sort of way, because often he would act on what his feelings or guts would tell him. Should something make him feel so good that he didn’t want to stop, he wondered if he would have the willpower to control such a thing.

“May I sit down, Clyde?” Shimoje asked, and should Clyde give him the authority he would find the nearest seat or chair and possibly move it towards the two to take a seat.

“I will have to ask my captain on a way to send out letter or communicate with others while aboard the ship. I know that he had a way, but I am not completely sure how. He often kept that part a secret.” Shimoje stated as he remembered back from his trip to Syliras. Touching his chin Shimoje thought deeply about what was about to happen, and he peered over to Clyde as he worked at the rendition to the grand oath and smiled. The way that it was worded surely was interesting. The duty to Clyde Sullins would not start until he learns of that which was mentioned in the letter.

As he thought of it more though, he almost wondered if he would learn later rather than sooner as he had wanted. Surely though, whatever way this new interaction goes Shimoje knew there was no going back. He didn’t want to, either.

“Alright, I think that covers everything then. I am ready to sign whenever this is over with. Oh, and I look forward to our future ventures, Clyde.” Shimoje slyly spoke with a grin of menacing intentions. He had a sense of security for some reason, and his heart relished in the feeling. Despite all of this feeling wrong, which explains his previous actions of trying to be sneaky, he felt very good.

Upon the completion of the grand oath Shimoje would remain silent without questions and sign his name as follows - Shimoje Arawn
Last edited by Shimoje on September 14th, 2016, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 1st, 2016, 10:07 pm

Clyde once more shook his head in annoyance at Shimoje, at his misunderstanding of something relatively simple in the oath.

“This oath has nothing to do with you overgiving. This is a clause to take into account the possibility and reaction should I overgive, slightly releasing the restraint on your ability to harm me so as to stop greater harm. It says nothing about you overgiving.”

“If you would like I can add something in, but I haven't put any such line into the oath, and the line about it is in reference to me not you.”

The more questions Shimoje asked, the more Clyde wondered if the youth had even read the words on the page. With something as important as this he would have spent a great deal of time understanding it. However from his questions he didn't seem to understand it very well at all.

This said to Clyde he was either stupid, at least compared to what Clyde expected as his level of understanding, or wasn't taking proper time and care to understand it.

Neither boded well in Clyde's mind. He decided to use a very simple analogy, something he assumed even he would understand.

“You can't break an oath. Physically cannot. Accident implies unknown factors, and nothing can stop those. If you agreed to never enter a room with a cat in it in a oath, and took all due diligence to ascertain before any room that there wasn't one in it, you would be fulfilling said oath. But if you got in there, and someone opened a box and out popped a cat, you would have no way of knowing to not enter beforehand. You wouldn't have then broken the oath, assuming you had no reasonable expectation of there being a cat in the room. Of course, if you didn't see a cat, but heard some meowing, and thought there might be a cat, well then... You'd know, and then wouldn't be able to enter. Understand?”

Clyde ignored the question of permission to sit, as he himself was standing, though wouldn't stop Shimoje if he tried to sit. He had more important things on his mind than sitting or standing, and only usually sat himself if he would be at work for a long period of time which required a comfortable position.

Clyde waited until he was sure that Shimoje was done asking questions, and had all of his questions answered, before starting on the oath. They were expensive to make, and he didn't want to mess it up by having him ask another question and desire another change halfway through.

It meant things went a bit slower, but it also meant he could go forward with more confidence.

Once all of the questions were answered, and Shimoje was satisfied with the wording, he would go through the items the youth had brought and begin setting them out in preparation for the glyph work involved in making a Grand Oath.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shimoje on May 1st, 2016, 11:12 pm

Shimoje thought upon what Clyde had stated. It is no lie that at first he was still trying to understand the concepts of overgiving. In his complete foolishness of understanding magic Shimoje thought it better that he would like to try and understand the aspects of overgiving as opposed to directly making it impossible first hand before he even attempted magic. All of it was complete hindsight though, and as Clyde explained more that even a kid would understand he completely grasped the aspects of overgiving.

“No, I believe what we have should do fine.” Shimoje stated. He was trying to avoid the conversation of overgiving at this point and didn’t want to further make it seem like he was stupid to the mage by his hidden intentions to try overgiving in the future just to see how it felt. He knew that perhaps if Clyde figured out that it was in his thoughts that it would inevitably be added.

So there Shimoje stood, and before mage and strange dog waiting for the time that the grand oath would be completed. He was completely silent at this point though that didn’t prevent him from thinking. In truth his mind was like a cyclone of thoughts and questions, but he didn’t dare act upon them. He grasped the basics of the oath at this point and wanted it to conclude.

He was still desperate and soon enough he would know what occurred to his father, and be at rest. At least that is what Shimoje thought would happen once he learned of what happened. In some frame of mind, he truly did want to better his father, and do what he could not like the letter had suggested. He knew that he had the aptitude to do such. No matter what it took Shimoje had the thirst to better himself and gain knowledge of every secret that he could.
Last edited by Shimoje on September 14th, 2016, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 2nd, 2016, 1:25 am

Sorting through the items Shimoje had brought, Clyde picked out what he would need first. The parchment was of a fine make, a thick and expensive bit of writing material that had weight in his hand.

The ink was just as expensive, which would imbue deep and vibrant colors and markings upon anything it was used on.

Now that Shimoje had been satisfied with the contents of the wording of the oath, he could begin his work.

Taking up quill and wetting it in the fine thick ink, Clyde began to Glyph across the parchment, starting with a series of symbols along the outer periphery of it. Wrote however understated what he did. It was less as if he was writing or drawing on the parchment, more akin to as if the symbols were flowing fully formed off the quill and into the paper with the speed with which he drew the glyphs.

There was no stopping and thinking, no pondering in his work. Clyde knew what he had to do, the patterns of glyphing were deeply ingrained into his hands actions, and so he was able to speed through the work at quite a fast rate. What would have taken a lesser glypher bells and bells to do took Clyde but a chime or two.

The first series of glyphs edged the parchment, a sweeping and swooping pattern which swept about the outer edge, curving along with the angles of the paper, with a V shape sticking into each of the corners. The sweeps were made up of a series of lines and dashes, melded together into a framework of ropes which tangled and knotted and unwoven and blended into a shape with an odd symmetry, but a symmetry all the same.

This was blended in with the occasional bit of lettering, odd syllables and half phrases that bled out from Clyde's mind as he worked and thought, never fully forming into a coherent phrase or string of text before it devolved into a series of tangling lines and sunbursts.

Once the outer core was done Clyde capped it off with a thin layer of lettering and weaving lines, inside of which he wrote out the wording of the oath.

Checking the earlier draft Clyde spent several chimes copying it line by line. He spent almost as long if not longer writing and copying the wording of the oath as he had the rest of the glyphing. But then glyphing was hard ingrained as a skill for him, copying and making sure he got everything exactly the same wasn't, forcing him to slow down when the wording mattered.

When it was done it was a completed oath, ready to be signed.

I, the undersigned, hereby swear upon the divine halls of Ukalas and all those who dwell within that I shall do as follows:

- To not bring harm(defined later) to Clyde Sullins, either directly, indirectly, or through inaction, whether through means magical or mundane, unless said harm is to stop Clyde Sullin's assured and immediate death.

> In the case of Clyde Sullin's overgiving and total loss of control/inability to stop using magic when he should, the signee would be allowed to physically harm Clyde Sullins to hinder or stop him from using magic, so long as said action would not lead to the assured and immediate death of Clyde Sullins. Maiming would only be allowed as a last resort and if no other viable and less harmful method is possible.

- To not use magic on Clyde Sullins without his direct and express permission, or in the case that not using said magic would lead to Clyde Sullins assured and immediate death. In the case of having his permission or attempting to stop his demise, the signee would not use said magic in an attempt to control or manipulate Clyde Sullins, or to alter his reasoning or mentality.

-Duty- The signee will aid Clyde Sullins in his endeavors(to be defined later) in any way possible, within their ability, so long as said assistance will not directly lead to the assured death and/or permanent maiming of the signee or Clyde Sullins.

- The Signee will use all available means to remain in contact with Clyde Sullins, and to when possible meet up with Clyde Sullins whether in Syliras or in other places.

Definitions:

Endeavors- A goal, mission, plan, experiment, or action, that's end desired result is a gain for the maker or leader of said endeavor. Said gain can be related to research or career. (career to include the below mentioned socially and politically)

Harm- Any permanent damage, diminishment, or undermining to a person, in terms of the person (list to be expanded upon individually)physically, mentally, socially, politically, intellectually, and/or monetarily.

> physically- Their body and person- bodily harm and/or maiming/death.
> mentally- Their psyche or mentality, or mental well-being.
> socially- Their social standing or growth.
> politically- Their political standing or progression.
> intellectually- Their secrets or non-publicly held knowledge - disclosing said knowledge to third parties beyond Clyde and the signor.
> monetarily- Their possessions or property- to include damage, destruction, or theft.

Final Clause:

- The above mentioned duty clause, which requires the signor to aid Clyde Sullins in his endeavors, will activate and become enforced upon Clyde Sullins teaching the signor about the magic which he believes is mentioned in the signors fathers letter, which was shown to Clyde Sullins prior to the oath signing.

- The Signee will be released from the aforementioned Duty upon an agreement in writing and verbally agreed between both Clyde Sullins and the Signee, without duress and of each ones own free will, that said duty has ended.

signed___________

Once he was done Clyde would let out a sigh, letting his hand rest and gesturing at his work before him and the quill he had placed with its tip resting back in its bottle of fine ink.

“Done, and ready to be signed. Once you've put your name to it, it will be set.”

Once Shimoje signed the oath, it would suddenly burst into flame and burn away to nothing, similar to a dry leaf falling into a roaring flame. It would be gone as quickly as it had started, before either of them would have a chance to respond or do anything in reaction.

Once the oath was consumed a moment later, the fire would vanish without a trace and leaving nothing of the oath as if it had never existed.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next