Closed [Kitrean Krafts]A Honed Blade... Or Four[Terag]

Clyde and Terag search Alvadas for some Isur made items.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[Kitrean Krafts]A Honed Blade... Or Four[Terag]

Postby Terag on October 4th, 2016, 12:19 am

Terag frowned when the shopkeeper mentioned that they would be unable to Izentor the armor. He knew that would be an issue for Clyde, an in all honesty Terag was just a bit disappointed. He spoke once more in Isurian to the smith, "I suppose there is nothing to do about trying to get the armor marked before we leave then, due to time constraints, hmm? So if we had more time than you should be able to mark it as well, right?" After recieving an answer Terag would turn to Clyde before speaking in common once again.

"Unfortunately for the time constraints this may be the best we can do, unless you have a way to get the armor again at a later date?" Terag raised one eyebrow while he asked the question, he had almost meant the question jokingly. Almost, but then he realized the mage probably had more than a few tricks up his sleeve and he might just have a way to get the item done to his specifications anyways. Clyde did not seem the type to settle for anything less than exactly what he wanted. Terag remembered how upset the man seemed after receiving the engraved stone when Clyde had asked for just a smooth sphere.
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 27th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Clyde had many skills in deal making, having spent a good bit of time honing the craft. Any true business person would spend time in learning to make deals, negotiate the best outcome for oneself, and convincing others to do as they wished.

Of course with that skill came a knowledge of when not to push, and when not to overly negotiate. This, he could tell, was one such occasion. He had no power in this situation, the Isur having all of it. Money wouldn't likely give him the control in the situation he wanted as it might with other merchants, and he could pick up on the fact that the Isur was more likely to just not sell to him at all rather than to negotiate or deal on his terms.

And so Clyde knew he'd either end up with nothing, or dealing on the Isur's terms. He thought about these things as the Isur measured him and said as he did, making it all the more clear how he stood in this deal.

If nothing else he stood the chance of making a future deal if this one went well, though he knew he'd likely need to further gain the Isur's favor first. Already he was considering ways to do so, how to arrange things in such a manner so that the Isur felt he owed Clyde or was more open to dealing with him. At the moment he had few ideas, but he knew in time something would come to him. For now he worked on the base elements of the plan, laying down the groundwork for the future with what he currently did and playing the long game.

Sensing the direction the flow of the deal was taking, he made a decision right then. If the choice was between getting lesser armor now, and a finer set later after a wait, he'd take the wait. When needed he was a patient man, and would do what it took to come out the best he could.

Smiling in return to the Isur's, Clyde nodded.

“I will take the weapons now then. But if time is the issue, I am willing to wait for the armor. I am sure I will return to Alvadas at some point, though it likely won't be for several seasons. I wouldn't want to rush you as you said in crafting something so fine. Quality takes time, and I respect your craft enough to know it would be worth the wait when I got the final product.”

“If you are willing to craft it, I will pay half up front now, and the rest when I gather the result. If I can't gather it myself for some reason I'll send a representative with the rest of the money and a note signifying they come upon my behalf.”

“Although could you clarify what leg cruzes are? I'm not familiar with the term.”

OOC note: Just to clarify, would this chain shirt be the base one, or the Slender Chainmail Shirt that is Isurian specific? I think it was our intent to get the second, but from your last post you referred to the regular one. Wanted to clear that up.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kaleidoscope on November 12th, 2016, 6:36 pm

OOCThe chainmail shirt can unfortunately only be the base one (made of cold steel), as the slender chainmail shirt is Isur-specific, and as the Isur are isolated in Sultros this particular Isur doesn't know how to make them (and doesn't have the right base materials). I made a mistake there, as I misread the price list information, my apologies. I've made a bit of a mess with this thread but hopefully it can be tied up soon.
The Isurian man smiled, pleased that the mage respected the craft. He stopped in his tracks of directing them to the door and stepped back, thoughtfully considering the man's words. He had no reason to doubt the man, and besides it was clear he had enough money to pay for what he asked. Speaking in common, he addressed them both.

"I'm willing to make it, of course. That agreement is acceptable, and we will work on the shirt diligently to have it ready for when you return." He grinned at the man's question. "Aye! Leg cuisses are, well. They're a section of armour that protects the upper leg and a little over the knee also. They're jointed to allow it to bend. Ours we make to protect the front of the leg, and the back is protected with hardened leather to allow a little more movement and comfort."

The Isur clapped his hands together, and stood watching Clyde and Terag. "Is that all? I'm happy to help if there's anything else." If there wasn't, the man would take out the agreements about the armour and would hand the weapons over to Clyde, before taking the half payment. If there was more to discuss, the man would wait patiently.
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Terag on November 18th, 2016, 7:03 pm

Terag thought for a moment before shaking his head, what he had been brought along for was done. And the payment and the items in question had been dealt with - any further interaction on his part was not going to benefit Clyde further in this field at any rate. There was no special weapons or armor that Terag would be able to coerce out of the other Isurian that is.

"I'm quite alright on the matter, however my friend here may have a few more questions. However if he is satisfied then we are good. It was good to converse in Isurian again to another Isur, thank you for that. And thank you for being to welcome to us in your shop." With a smile at Vacielli first and then Clyde he would turn to look over some of the other gear in the shop once more while Clyde finished his line of questioning, and would politely hold the door open for his comrade when it was time to leave.

OOC :
Sorry for the short post, there was little else I could do for the time being.
Thoughts "Isurian" "Common" "Others' Speaking"
The above colors are subject to change, bear with me please!
My Character Sheet, I'm working on making it prettier.
Terag
The Singing Smith

Words: 226408
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2015, 7:21 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 21st, 2016, 8:46 pm

Clyde nodded at the Isur, glad he'd gotten more or less as he'd desired. He might have to wait a bit, but when he got it he'd have something worth its money, and worth the person wearing it.

He'd not skimp out on protection, particularly since he planned to enchant the items later with Magecrafting as he'd hinted to Terag. The finer the base material, the better the final product, and any instance of base durability he didn't need to create with the enchantment would mean either a simpler item or the chance to focus the enhancement on another aspect.

For a few moments his eyes grew distant, thinking of the items and what could be done with them, how to best enhance them. However soon enough his attention snapped back to the moment at hand, and to the dealing he was a part of.

He wasn't completely sure about the leg thing, but he supposed it'd be required if the two Isur felt it was. If required he supposed he could just wear the top part, since it seemed they were two distinct things.

“No, I believe that is all. Though bear in mind if between now and when I return for the items, if you should find anything of the things we spoke of today, more izentored and Isurian steel weapons and such, daggers or hammers or things, I'd be interested in purchasing those then. Just keep that in mind if you should come across or acquire anymore between now and then. Besides, you already know my measures.”

Nodding one final time Clyde gathered his money and paid the deposit, half of the total bill price up front, and gathered the items that were ready to come with him today.

OOC :
Alright, I think we are done more or less. Also in regards to the price for the armor, would the form fit modifier listed on the price list also apply? Since it's being custom made for Clyde I thought it might, though I'm not sure if that applies to the chainmail. I believe if it does apply the extra would be added to the base price, before the multiplier's were tacked on, per a conversation I had about it with Gillar a long ways back.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kaleidoscope on December 17th, 2016, 11:10 pm

OOC

Costs:

Cold steel chain shirt: Cold steel chain shirt, Izentored: Chain shirt(100 GM base price)x3(Cold steel weapon modifier)+X10(Izentor Modifier)+150gm(form fit modifier)
=100gm(base)+150gm(form fit)=250gm X [3(Cold steel mod)+10(Iz mod)=13]
=3,250 gm
Cold steel leg cuisses: Cold steel leg cuisses, Izentored: (60 GM base price)x3(Cold steel modifier)+150(form fit modifier)+X10(Izentored modifier)
=60gm(base)+150gm(form fit)=210gm X[3(Cold steel mod)+10(Iz mod)=13]=2,730gm
Isurian steel dagger, Izentored: Isurian steel dagger, Izentored: (2 GM base price)x5(Isurian steel modifier)+X10 Izentor modifier
= 2gm(base) X [5(Is st mult)+10(Iz mult)=15]= 30 gm
Pair of cold steel throwing hammers, Izentored: Pair of cold steel throwing hammers, Izentored: (1 GM base price)x3(Cold Steel modifier)+X10 Izentor modifier
= 1gm(base) X [3(Is st mult)+10(Iz mult)=13]= 13 gm X 2(for the pair)= 26 gm
Total:
3,250 gm +2,730gm +30 gm +26 gm = 6,036 GM

MathsClyde did the maths, as I couldn't work it out.
I think this thread is about finished up. Don't forget to submit to the grade request thread. Any other question, my PM box is open. Thanks! Again, apologies for the length of time to complete this.
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kaleidoscope on August 31st, 2017, 9:29 pm

Grade Rewards
~

Clyde

Skills:
  • Leadership: +2
  • Negotiation: +1

Lores:
  • Alvadas Location: Kitrean Krafts Is Stable
  • Leadership: Knowing When to Step Back
  • Leadership: Preparation Is Key
  • Vacielli: Owner of Kitrean Krafts
  • Negotiation: Power Play And Bargaining
  • Armour: Leg Cruisses

Gained/Lost:
+ -

Notes:
Nothing to add! A short but efficient thread.
Again, apologies for the lengthly delay in grading.

Terag

Skills:
  • Observation: +2
  • Negotiation: +3

Lores:
  • Alvadas Location: Kitrean Krafts
  • Vacielli: Owner of Kitrean Krafts
  • Clan Pitrius: Gift of the Gab
  • Negotiation: Putting The Other Party At Ease
  • Earne: Weaponsmith of Clyde's Isurian Steel Dagger
  • Negotiation: Communication Via Body Language And Verbal Gestures

Gained/Lost:
+ -

Notes:
It was a pleasure to encounter your writing for the first time. Many apologies for the huge delay in grading!

Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office