Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Winter 516av 76th: Ferrin and a couple NPC Squ

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Moderators: Prophet, Reflection

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on January 27th, 2017, 2:23 am

Image


Timestamp: 76th Winter 516av
Location: Main Gates



Summary:A small volunteer group aids the caravan through the Bronze Woods; in hopes of not running into trouble, but what can go wrong?

Caravan: I figured that I could best start with the perspective of the caravan. I'm either going to have to post twice, or make one extremely long post. Let me know which way makes you more comfortable, but for now, the first post would be a long one, as it's the intro to the thread.
_________________________________________


It was not gloomy, fortunate enough for the caravan group. They appeared eager to leave, wanted out of Syliras and move on to the other cities where they could make some more extra coin. A small amount of coin will go a long way if used correctly. One of the men understand that, but the others yearn to spend their hard earned money elsewhere, or on ale and get drunk. The caravan stood waiting quite patiently, but if they would have to wait any longer; one of them would surely lose his patience.

"When will they be coming?" Asked one of the men, who had brown colored hair, bright blue eyes, a fair build of an average man, and was always impatient. This man; he was also the caravans leader, as he formed the caravan just a few years ago, and he's usually not late for anything. He liked to think of himself as a perfectionist. Though, not everything goes his way; just like today, when he wanted to just leave the city without an escort of any kind. But, no! The others felt it safer when they would have someone strong and knows how to fight against the bandits and Yukmen that wander outside the Fortress City of Peace.

"They'll be here soon; I have received word from the other Knights that they have a couple men aid us with our passage. We should be thankful Karrigan." The other man said. His voice was a deep, and generous tone. One of which would make anyone feel at ease.

"I don't give a damn." The first man, known as Kerrigan replied quite harshly. He looked past the gates in agitation. "Gerad, we don't have time to wait. You know how impatient I can get."

"I know, it's just that we don't need this negativity for our travels. We must get along with them. We've even offer money, so if that's what's bothering you; then I can pay them from my own earnings." Gerad responded with a shrug. The man said.

"It's not that, I just want to get back to Kenash before next year." Kerrigan said. His body turned to face back the crowd of people who were walking through the streets; having some place to go. The other three were quiet, though they didn't feel to safe with their use of weapons. When only half of the group know how to hunt/barely fight.

"That man looks like one of them. Coming down, riding on a horse." There was a slight smile, from Kerrigan as he looked at the young man.

_______________________________________________


Ferrin packed a lot of things for the trip down to the Mythryn; his tent, just in case, his longbow of course, Clivath: his shortened broadsword, some rations from the apartment, and made sure to grab his waterskin. The Kenashian put on his leather armor that he purchased from the Drykas awhile back in the Summer. He said his goodbye to his Jade and Dina and told them he'll be back in a couple of days as they were only escorting the Caravan to Mythryn and traveling back with the other squires and those who volunteered to help out with the caravan escort.

He had to hurry back down to the Windmount Stables and retrieve his Cyphrus Stallion: Cyprus. The Squire was glad to finally get to ride once again. Although, he's not very good at it, he figured that the best he could do was get Cyprus out once in awhile, as Training had taken up a lot of his time. He didn't forget the stallion, no, but nonetheless, Ferrin felt guilty for not riding the Stallion as much as he would like to. Once he arrived at the Windmount Stables, he smiled to the main animal handler as he stepped into the barn after putting his things on the ground beside the doors. The Squire ambled through the barn, looking at the other mares and stallions within the pens.

He noticed Dira; Jades Strider. He slowly placed his hand close to the Striders nose in order for the mare to sniff it and remember his scent. The Strider snorted, and Ferrin squinted and wiped the snot on the wooden door. He stroked the mares head and nodded, he found Cyprus and smiled. He grabbed a saddle and hefted the saddle on top of the back of Cyphrus after opening the gate slowly. He made sure to avoid the dun within the pens, as he didn't want to step in it with his only pair of boots.

The Squire had struggled a bit, putting the saddle on the back of the stallion. He tied the reins, and made sure to tie them tight, and not too loose, but tight enough as they would snap. Ferrin then ushered the stallion out of the barn and tied the reins to a post, so that Cyhprus won't run off.

"Mind going on a travel with me Cyphrus?" Ferrin asked the stallion. The Stallion snorted and waved it's coconut colored head. Ferrin smiled; as he thought that that meant yes. "Don't worry, we'll be back within a few days at least." The Squire said. "We'll be escorting a caravan down to the Mythryn." Ferrin spoke as he grabbed his tent that's rolled up along with his bedroll. He tied it around the back of Cyprus.

He tied his backpack on top of the tent and the bedroll making sure that they were tight. Even though, they were leaving the Fortress City of Peace for a few days. The Kenashian had his quiver full of arrows strapped over his back, and also his longbow. Ferrin also had his shortened broadsword, Clivath by his side. "Are you ready boy?" Ferrin patted the stallion. He mounted the stallion and together; they made their way towards the Main Gates in hopes that the caravan who are still seeking aid, haven't left the city yet.
Image

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.



Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.


Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
User avatar
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire
 
Posts: 1075
Words: 705483
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Location: Currently in: Sylrias
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Michael Kyber on February 14th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Image
76th Winter, 516AV


For a squire, life was all about training. Since there weren't enough people about to raise a huge army the Syliran Knights order focused on making sure that each of their knights were both well trained and well equipped, and so during their training period squires were required to practice certain skills relentlessly until their could be no doubt that they were ready to face the dangers of the world around them.

However there were certain things you simply couldn't train for, and one of those things were the quests that knights often took. You could practice swinging a sword or hunting for food behind the safety of the walls until you were a master, but until you were actually out there in the world fighting for your life or fending off starvation you'd never learn how to make those skills truly matter. Out there it was sink or swim. All you could do was work on easier quests first and get used to them, so that when you finally took the more difficult quests and faced the true unpredictable nature of life you didn't freeze up completely in fright.

Which was why Thazz had signed Michael up to help escort a caravan when he'd seen the advertisement for it on the jobs board. Escorting a caravan was unlikely to be too dangerous a job for a squire, and would give Michael a taste of what it was truly like to be a knight acting out in the field. Since his squire training had only just begun there hadn't been time to teach Michael how to properly use and move around in full armor, so Thazz had picked up a set of light armor and given Michael a quick bit of training to adjust himself to the weight of it before sending him off on the mission.

He'd also picked up a simple iron glaive for Michael to take, despite Michael having no training in using the weapon. His reasons, as he explained them, were purely physiological; Michael wasn't currently skilled enough to be a great help in combat, but the staff and armor together gave the impression to others that he was a proper knight and trained mage. Most people wouldn't fancy their chances fighting a knight, especially when said knight seemed to be able to wield something as dangerous and scary as magic, and so a few parlor tricks using the magic he did know combined with the image he presented would be enough to deter many would-be threats from attacking him.

Not to mention that if anyone did attack him anyway he could use the glaive to bash them somewhere vulnerable without putting himself in range of most bladed weapons.

Looking at his reflecting in the water, Michael had to say that he really did look like a proper knight. The other knights and a few citizens would be able to tell he was only a squire from the lack of rank pins he wore, but to outsiders the tree-shaped crest on his chest would be enough proof of knighthood. Complete with the white cloak and hood hanging from his shoulders like a cape Michael thought that he actually looked rather good, and despite it's thickness and slight heaviness the light armor was nice and easy to move around in now he was used to it.

After picking up a set of camping equipment and supplies from the barracks Michael set off to the main gates, arriving on foot at exactly the chime that'd been set as the meeting time on the job board. Having taken the job on such short notice there hadn't been time to get a horse he could use, but with his lack of riding skills it wouldn't have made much of a difference. He could sit up with the driver in the caravan anyway. There were two men waiting with a caravan at the meeting spot, who Michael assumed must be the group he was to escort, and another man on horseback in a set of full knight armor who was also just arriving.

"Good afternoon gentlemen." He called to the assembled group as he arrived, using a commanding but not loud tone like he'd seen other knight doing when talking with civilians in uniform. It set a good impression of strength and discipline, one which he was hopefully emulating successfully. "I'm Michael Kyber, and as per your request I'll be part of your escort to the Mythryn Outpost. Are we all prepared for departure?"
Last edited by Michael Kyber on February 17th, 2017, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Michael speaking in: Common | Fratava | Nader-Canoch
Other people speaking is in green. Monsters are in black
Thoughts/Flashbacks are Italicized. Shouting/Dramatic Speech is in Bold
Character Sheet | Storyteller Secrets | Scrapbook | Plotnotes
Thank you to Prophet for the beautiful BBCode.
User avatar
Michael Kyber
A Good Man with a Bad Cause
 
Posts: 140
Words: 119257
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2016, 8:09 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 15th, 2017, 3:11 pm

Image


Timestamp:
Location:



"So that is it then?"Kerrigan spoke with a mild temper, and shrugged. He mounted his wagon and picked up the reins that rested over the edge of the wood.

"Kerrigan don't be too cocky."One of the ladies spoke. She had brown colored hair, a couple wrinkles that lined her face, she had dark forest green eyes. She seemed quite muscular, and someone who doesn't want to be tempered with. Ferrin made a mental note to make sure to not get on her bad side.

"Fine Georgia." Kerrigan replied with a huff as he slumped his shoulders; whilst slapping the reins against the wagon. Ferrin kept quiet, but the others of the caravan continued to converse.

Ferrin also took note of the other squire that arrived. It was pretty late in Winter, but still it felt more like Spring then anything, and fortunately, Ferrin was wearing his leather armor that he bought made from the Drykas.

As the Squire sat on the saddle mounted quite nicely on the back of Cyprus, he looked over to Michael. "Haven't seen you around the Training Grounds. Are you a new squrie?"
Image

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.



Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.


Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
User avatar
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire
 
Posts: 1075
Words: 705483
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Location: Currently in: Sylrias
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Ascen on February 16th, 2017, 8:15 am

Timestamp: 76th Winter, 516 AV


Syliras was a nice city to take a stroll around even in the late winter. With his cloak wrapped around his body, the ramie fibers help shield the oddly warm winds from his skin underneath. Ascen casually exhaled just to see if steam escapes from his lips, and while it's supposed to be cold the winds is actually pleasant to Ascen. It was odd, for this was supposed to be Winter and most of the Winters Ascen has witnessed were always cold all season long. Which made him wonder if something happened to the Goddess of Winter. But that was none of Ascen's business as he shrugs the strap of his bag on his shoulder to get comfortable, Ascen was actually on a mission of sorts. He already heard from Matilda about a caravan accepting those who knows how to fight for an escort mission.

However first Ascen must make way for Butcher of Alban in order to purchase enough meat to last him for a couple of days. Of course he has some rations, but Ascen estimated it would last him for a day. So the young human steps inside of the Butcher of Alban and is immediately greeted with warm, stomach growling aroma of cooked meats. However Ascen made his trip nice and quick as he already knew what he wanted.

"I'd like a pound of Salted Pork and a pound of salted mutton." Ascen stated in a clear tone as he was also greeted by Dino's bloody smile as he went to grab what Ascen ordered while calling out how much it costs.

"That'll be five gold mizas kid." The young man would nod his head as he reaches in his pouch to fetch exactly five gold rimmed mizas and place them down on the counter. Once Dino can clearly see the mizas on the counter as he was coming back with the meat wrapped in cloth; the man hands Ascen the two pounds of meat while simultaneously taking the mizas with his other hand. Ascen gave a silent thank you as he rushed out of the butchery with the meats being tucked into his bag. Luckily for Ascen, the butchery happens to be near the Main Gate, so when Ascen secured the meats in his bag Ascen began to bolt for the Main Gate.

How his luck turned out is that by the time he arrived at the gates he can already see a wagon beginning to depart. Ascen was a bit winded from running, but he still had the stamina as he dashed after the caravan as he noticed there was already a group of around it. Ascen isn't stupid however as he knows that he'll never catch up to a wagon.

"Oi! Wait a chime!" Ascen called out to them as he was running after them. Just in case as he knows from past experience that horses loathe loud sounds. Ascen poured out only a tiny bit of Res to the tip of his right bird finger and his thumb. So when Ascen snaps his finger the lad ignites the spark with fire and makes the sound like a harmless but audible pop. If they couldn't hear his voice, they would most likely be able to hear the pop behind them and if anything it might cause one of them to look back at him.

Secret :
Spent a total of 5 GM for Salted Pork and Salted Mutton
Secret :
Ascen Reputation Points Faction Title
Citizens 0
Daggerhands -11 Annoyance
Night Eyes +7 Stranger
Vigilantes 0
The Quarter 0
Slavers 0
Sun's Birth 0
User avatar
Ascen
Player
 
Posts: 61
Words: 121082
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 10:59 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Michael Kyber on February 17th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Image


It seemed to Michael that the angry man, the one called Kerrigan, was the de facto leader of the caravan group. Hopefully he wouldn't be as moody during the journey as his first impression suggested he would be, but even so the other members of the caravan group didn't seem as bad tempered as him. Michael dropped his pack of supplies and glaive into the caravan and took a seat at the back with his feet dangling out over the edge, silently taking it upon himself to keep watch out the back for anything that might attack them during their journey.

Barely a few seconds later Kerrigan flicked the reins, setting the horses and caravan in motion. They started to pull out and set of down the road to the outpost just as Michael heard the sound of someone shouting, followed by a popping noise.

"Oi! Wait a chime!"

Another person was coming out from the gates, who it seemed also wanted in on the mission. Unlike him and the man on horseback the newcomer didn't seem to be a knight, but that didn't mean he couldn't be of help. The more the merrier right? Either because he didn't hear or because he was being sulky Kerrigan didn't make a move to stop the caravan, but it was still close enough and moving slowly enough for the newcomer to catch up with.

"Come and catch us up." Michael called back to the man, clearing a space on the back of the caravan next to him. If the newcomer caught up, Michael would offer him his hand and pull him up onto the back of the caravan as well.

He looked over to Ferrin at the other squire's question, and spoke quietly so that the caravan party couldn't hear him. "Yes, I was only accepted into the order a couple of days ago, and my master Thazz prefers it out in the woods to the city so I've done most of my training around there." He nodded over to the caravan group. "Let's keep that to ourselves though okay? Those guys need a sense of security, they don't want to hear that I'm still pretty untrained."

Michael speaking in: Common | Fratava | Nader-Canoch
Other people speaking is in green. Monsters are in black
Thoughts/Flashbacks are Italicized. Shouting/Dramatic Speech is in Bold
Character Sheet | Storyteller Secrets | Scrapbook | Plotnotes
Thank you to Prophet for the beautiful BBCode.
User avatar
Michael Kyber
A Good Man with a Bad Cause
 
Posts: 140
Words: 119257
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2016, 8:09 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 19th, 2017, 11:41 pm

Image


Timestamp:
Location:



"Hmm. Makes sense." Ferrin shrugged, he loosened up the grip on his legs as he rode on top of Cyprus. His hooves clapped along with the other horses that pulled the wagon, and those of course with the other horseman riders. "You have a staff..." Ferrin observed, be only knew one other person who carried around a staff, and that one person isn't easy to forget. That one particular person being Clyde. Ferrin wondered where the man was, but his existence isn't Ferrins problem.

Ferrin had enough problems with what's going on currently. He decided to push them aside and focus on the present as it's what his father would want him to do. "I'm curious of your choice in weapon. Why a staff?" Ferrin asked, his expression was merely confusion, perhaps surprised even. His brows arched up, which forced the top of his eye lids to open up. Clyde, he avoided the question from what Ferrin could remember, or at least he didn't feel like talking about it.

There was an interruption, a loud popping sound echoed through the woods. The man called Kerrigan sighed in disgust he continued to move on with his horses. He focused his attention to Georgia.

"Aye, that drunk bastard had his share."The man continued to talk about his bar fight at the Rearing Stallion. The one that caused him to be suspended for a couple days. Ferrin would've probably witnessed that episodic moment, but he was probably out training. Ferrin turned back, and when Michael called out to the man running from the gates, he noticed a small flicker of flame; fire. Magic was it? Ferrin responded to the call of Djed, when he was training with Sera Frostfawn about Auristics. His mundane senses could clearly see the man, but Ferrin wondered what this new volunteer could be.

His "sixth sense" enhanced on the new man who can spark flames from his fingers. There was only one other person who Ferrin knee that could set things on fire; last Summer, Garland had a patrolling partner in the woods. She set a bandits tent on fire. Ferrin remembered, and it was thrilling to fight the confused bandits, and honoring as they've robbed from an old man's wagon.

Once Ascending came closer, his aura seemed to have a mix of bright hues. Though, Ferrin couldn't tell what they meant, Cyprus positioned himself and caused Ferrin to loose his focus, the squire slowed so that Ascending wouldn't have to run so far. "Hurry up!" Ferrin added as Michael called out as well. Ferrin waved for the man to hurry. He hoped that the caravan wouldn't go so far, and that nothing would be watching them; or even intercept their paths.

OOCAfter this next round of posts, I'll be implementing a surprise.
Image

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.



Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.


Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
User avatar
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire
 
Posts: 1075
Words: 705483
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Location: Currently in: Sylrias
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Ascen on February 21st, 2017, 7:18 am

The caravan hadn't stopped which was a bummer on Ascen's part, but the upside is that the two near the back turned their heads over at his direction. Both of them were encouraging Ascen to hurry up and thankfully the caravan was actually moving a bit slower than he thought. Mustering the strength in his legs and the fortitude in his lungs. Ascen pressed further into his physical capabilities as he nears the back of the caravan. What is probably the first thing that strikes as odd is the intimidating gauntlet he wears on his right arm. It doesn't appear to be ornate or fancy with decorations as blades can be seen stretching out from the gauntlet.

Ascen could feel the air in his lungs begin to wheeze from the sprint he's having to run, and since the young man was already close to the caravan to where he can barely miss the back. Using his momentum and physical energies pumping in his muscles. Ascen would leap for the caravan and manage to catch hold of the wooden frame, that holds a large cloth to protect the goods, with his metallic right hand. Planting one firm foot on the lip of the wagon, Ascen would pull himself onboard with his hand while using his foot to help him from falling. Once he pulled himself on board Ascen would sit down near the drop off to the road as he begins to catch his breath.

He doesn't appear to own any weapons on him, and Ascen is dressed light due to the warm weather with the exception of his cloak. Which the young human would take off, fold it neatly, and place it in his bag because after the sprint it was too hot to wear it. Setting the backpack down behind Ascen and after he catches his breath he speaks in a loud and clear tone. "Sorry 'bout my late arrival. The name is Ascen Amastacia, and it is a pleasure to be on board!" Ascen adds a smile to curl his lips to open a friendly demeanor or rather attempt to present himself as a friendly. However the travels had not been too kind to Ascen as he clearly has some small scars on his exposed left arm while further up appears to be small scar of a burn. So his appearance might send the wrong picture of previous fights Ascen had participated in beforehand.
Secret :
Ascen Reputation Points Faction Title
Citizens 0
Daggerhands -11 Annoyance
Night Eyes +7 Stranger
Vigilantes 0
The Quarter 0
Slavers 0
Sun's Birth 0
User avatar
Ascen
Player
 
Posts: 61
Words: 121082
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 10:59 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Michael Kyber on February 21st, 2017, 2:33 pm

Image


To Michael's relief Ascen caught up to the caravan, and was able to hop up onto the back without his offered hand up. After making a mental note to pull Kerrigan to one side for a talk about politeness if he kept this kind of behavior up, Michael had a better look at the newcomer. He definitely wasn't with the knights, despite the couple of scars on his arm suggesting he wasn't a stranger to fighting, but he seemed like a nice enough person. The gauntlet on his arm was also quite interesting; Michael wondered if that was what had made the loud popping noise he'd heard earlier somehow.

"The name is Ascen Amastacia, and it is a pleasure to be on board!"

"Pleasure to meet you Ascen. I'm Michael, and this is..." he trailed off as he gestured to Ferrin, realizing that the other squire hadn't actually introduced himself yet. He left the sentence hanging, giving a cue for their armored companion to speak.

Returning to Ferrin's earlier question Michael gestured to the short blade at the top of his glaive. "Oh this isn't a proper staff, it's just a glaive." Thazz had told him once that the staffs often associated with wizards were enchanted by form of powerful magic, so when comparing a basic glaive to something like that Michael couldn't help but feel that his weapon was a little underwhelming. "My patron recommended I take it because I haven't chosen which weapon I want to properly learn to wield yet, so until then it would suit me best to stick to a weapon that can give an amateur the best advantage in combat. Polearms have a great advantage in terms of reach; you can hack at an enemy without getting close enough for a typical sword wielder to hit you, so it seemed like a good choice for this mission."

Michael speaking in: Common | Fratava | Nader-Canoch
Other people speaking is in green. Monsters are in black
Thoughts/Flashbacks are Italicized. Shouting/Dramatic Speech is in Bold
Character Sheet | Storyteller Secrets | Scrapbook | Plotnotes
Thank you to Prophet for the beautiful BBCode.
User avatar
Michael Kyber
A Good Man with a Bad Cause
 
Posts: 140
Words: 119257
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2016, 8:09 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 23rd, 2017, 2:30 pm

Image


Timestamp:
Location:



"The name is Ascen Amastacia, and it is a pleasure to be on board!" Ferrin waited for the man to speak, but he continued moving with Cyprus, as he didn't want to lose the caravan. Otherwise, his payment wouldn't be ensured, at least that's what Ferrin thought. As for Cyprus, he just wanted some apples, the horse snorted and slurped his tongue at the thought and continued trotting beside the wagon rider. Ferrin allowed Michael to speak before he, and nodded.

"Pleasure to meet you Ascen. I'm Michael, and this is..." Oh, Michael was giving him a hint...

"Ferrin, Ferrin Al'Mandrikan. Ima Squire here." Ferrin nodded, he hadn't felt awkward yet, but he made sure still, to keep pace with the rest of the caravan, as most of them were on horseback. Michael ambled quite smoothly over the terrain, as he spoke to Ferrin about his staff. Ferrin was curious about it, still...

"My patron recommended I take it because I haven't chosen which weapon I want to properly learn to wield yet, so until then it would suit me best to stick to a weapon that can give an amateur the best advantage in combat. Polearms have a great advantage in terms of reach; you can hack at an enemy without getting close enough for a typical sword wielder to hit you, so it seemed like a good choice for this mission."

"Oh, I see..."

Meanwhile...

As time passed by, Syna's light began to darken, and surely, the group had traveled some. The Gates to the Fortress City of Peace had quickly disappeared and the caravan leader; Kerrigan, called for resting. Though, before they could set up tents, one of the caravan members spotted another fire, about fifty yards west of them.

"Hey Kerrigan!" One of the woman called to him, Kerrigan snapped his head as he dropped his bedroll onto the ground, they settled inside the woods, as it was the safest thing to do to prevent smugglers jumping them while they're asleep.

"What is it?" He barked at the woman.
"There's a campfire, over yonder west, some ways away. Could be them bandits." Kerrigan sighed, as the woman stepped closer, she looked quite beautiful; red gorgeous hair, tanned skin, and some leather clothing. At least, what could be seen in the moonlight.
"I think we should have someone go investigate." She replied. "Perhaps our soldiers would want to?" Kerrigan shrugged at the suggestion.

"Is it something to worry about?" He said in his deep masculine voice.
"Yes, if we don't want to worry about dying on this travel."
Image

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.



Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.


Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
User avatar
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire
 
Posts: 1075
Words: 705483
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Location: Currently in: Sylrias
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Thou Seeking the Guidance of the Order (Mini-Quest)

Postby Ascen on February 24th, 2017, 10:20 pm

During the travel Ascen would be listening to the conversation while his eyes look elsewhere. Mainly to the sides of the road taking mental notes of possible hiding spots where bandits and raiders would tend to take place in. This actually reminded Ascen of this one job he undertook before where the rolls were switched. Ascen was the one who raided a caravan to retrieve a stolen item, and now here the young human is doing the complete opposite. Occasionally Ascen would drop into the conversation just to keep his presence known to Ferrin and Michael.

When the Night's Mistress welcomed Mizahar in her opened arms, the guy in charge named Kerrigan decided to make camp in the wooded area to keep out of sight from the road. If they were to start a fire Ascen would frown before whispering in a hushed tone. "I wouldn't recommend starting a fire when there's possible threats lingering in the woods. Let's use Akajia's blessing of the night to hide." Granted it might be pointless to attempt to hide if they were being followed. However Ascen didn't see any sign that would lead to something following them aside from the occasional avian soaring in the sky that swooped near the caravan to snatch up rodents and other small creatures. Still Ascen didn't wish to push it just in case.

About a bell later as Ascen was more or less weighing his back against a tree with the bag acting as a cushion for his lower back while lightly chewing on a portion of his rations. "Hey Kerrigan!" A feminine yet strong voice broke Ascen's concentration in the depths of his mind as Kerrigan dropped his sleeping bag on the ground. Ascen listened to their exchange of words as he got up on his feet and proceeded to take off his ramie cloak. If they were going to be extra stealthy on this area then having a white cloak would distort the advantage that they have. So Ascen neatly folds the cloak into a square before placing the folded cloak on top of his bag. "I would second on going over there to at least investigate. It might be another group of travelers such as ourselves, but just to be on the safe side I suggest we make our way over there and see what's really going on."
Secret :
Ascen Reputation Points Faction Title
Citizens 0
Daggerhands -11 Annoyance
Night Eyes +7 Stranger
Vigilantes 0
The Quarter 0
Slavers 0
Sun's Birth 0
User avatar
Ascen
Player
 
Posts: 61
Words: 121082
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 10:59 pm
Location: Syliras
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests