OOC Info Character Registry: Fall 517

Before you can give everything to Rhysol, you must first provide the proper paperwork

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Character Registry: Fall 517

Postby Kayak on August 31st, 2017, 11:44 pm

Fall 517 Character Registry

This season, I'm building the Character Registry. And with this new registry comes a few ideas, new and old. The biggest aspect is to create more connections with each other. Not just between a few senior PCs, but all people in Ravok. To construct an intricate web between PCs new and old, between moderators, and even between NPCs and outsiders. So lets manufacture these new relationship and watch our city grow together.

The following list will be maintained by me to help characters connect with one another.

Open Threads
An Unexpected Arrival - The Inverted announce their arrival, and everyone in Ravok receives a special gift.
-
-
Moderated Threads
-
-
-
Registry Form

Character Name:
Type of Residence: Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
Profession: What does your PC do for money?
Briefly Describe Your Character: Give us a line or two about you.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?:
Writer Goals:
-
-
-

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Provide links if able.

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up?

How does your PC define Betrayal? Answer IC, and provide links if able.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? Answer IC.

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? Answer IC.

For those that are slaves, what is the happiest moment you've experienced during your enslavement? Answer IC

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? Answer IC.

Code: Select all
Character Name:
Profession: What does your PC do for money?
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.
Willing/Able to [url=http://www.mizahar.com/lore/Guest_Moderating_Application]Guest Moderate[/url]?:
Writer Goals:

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Provide links if able.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? Answer IC.

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? Answer IC.

For those that are slaves, what is the happiest moment you've experienced during your enslavement? Answer IC

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? Answer IC.

Code courtesy of Prophet the swagnificent
Last edited by Kayak on September 1st, 2017, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of the great and wise Prophet
Kayak
Retired Staff

Words: 83721
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2017, 11:36 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Hwyn on August 31st, 2017, 11:48 pm

Title and Date

Character Name: Hwyn / Hwynny / best thing ever
Type of Residence: Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave : Somewhere in between
Profession: What does your PC do for money? Lol what?
So Hwyn is pretty much the cutest thing ever, on top of that Hwyns can play the violin and are good for cuddling
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain. Hwyn needs all the love and help possible
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Hwyn's can do these things
Writer Goals:

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Provide links if able. Being enslaved? http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic66778.html
Best thread ever for such a topic

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? Cuteness? Fun?

Betrayal is the garnering of someone trust and learning there vulnerabilities to use them against them in a crushing blow

Ravokian fashion is a little stuffy sometimes

Ooh Eva got me new clothes once! It was awesome!

Hrmm, I think I would steal the contents of a clothing shop in their entirety.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Tierra on August 31st, 2017, 11:54 pm

Character Name: Tierra
Type of Residence: Resident (Orphan)
Profession: I am an Orphan
Briefly Describe Your Character: Orphan girl in the Commorancy doing all the sneaky sneaky stuffs,
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: No
Writer Goals:
- Learn Cryptography to high Novice during Fall
- Get other Sneaky Skills to mid-Novice
- Get Tierra towards Vexation

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Tierra was adopted, beat by her new parent. Parent gets beat up by the Galatos Family, she escapes. Needs to be written

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? The ability to not get caught.

How does your PC define Betrayal? Those that turn me into the chaperones. They want as much freedom as I do.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? Outsiders are not to be trusted. However they can be of use I hear. Those that do not worship Rhysol are blinded by the lies,

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? I would be able to come and go from the orphanage as I want.

Note to All: please see my thread counters in my signature part. I would love to thread with everyone but I want to keep my thread counts down to something reasonable. This count may change as necessary.
Last edited by Tierra on September 2nd, 2017, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Karyk on September 1st, 2017, 1:46 am

Character Name: Karyk Southwind
Type of Residence: Citizen - Probationary
Profession: Shipwright and/or Lumberjack
Briefly Describe Your Character: I just want to work and provide a good home for my kids.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: I dont believe so
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: As an official mod already, nah.
Writer Goals: Achieve more of Karyk's goals, such as buying property and building his own home and boat

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Leaving Zeltiva, No Port During a Storm

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? Being a stronger protector and a better father

How does your PC define Betrayal? Betrayal is purposefully hurting your loved ones for your own gain

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? I miss the ocean. The smell of the salty air, the feel of that warm water. The lake is nice, but Laviku's grip is nicer.

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? Set all the slaves free
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Elias Caldera on September 1st, 2017, 1:56 am

Character Name:
Elias Caldera

Type of Residence:
Citizen Supreme

Profession:
Loyal son of the Ebonstryfe

Secret :
Briefly Describe Your Character:
Ambitious beyond reason, crazed beyond hope, Elias is a solder fueled by the wicked devotion he harbors towards his dark god. Now that he is returned to his lord's good graces, the Caldera is desperate to reclaim the power and dignity his rank and family name once afforded him. Equipped with both the arcane arts and a bloodthirsty determination, he'll stop at nothing till the shame that destroyed the fool he once was is overshadowed entirely by the glory that will one day define the man he aims to become.

Need Moderator’s Assistance:
IDK

Guest Moderate?:
IDK

Writer Goals:
Magic, mystery, and mayhem... and maybe work on my run on sentences a little, I don't know.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC?
Months of relentless torture and brainwashing at the hands of evil men may or may not have left its mark on the poor boy.

Power. He needs it.
Friends. They'll help him get it.

How does your PC define Betrayal?
I thought I knew betrayal once, thought I had it defined, was even arrogant enough to believe I was its 'master.' This was all when I was younger and dumber and had far less scars on my flesh to remind me I knew better, of course. It wasn't until I killed a man I loved like a father and realized it had been for nothing but the wretched whims of a maniacal bastard I trusted did I realize the most important thing about betrayal; you can't understand it until its broken you. Now, as its victim, I understand better than ever. Now, as its minister, I will make sure everyone else will learn to understand it just as I do.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? Unfortunately, I've spent a great deal of time away from my home, nand what I learned about Rhysol beyond his hallowed sanctuary sickened my mind and tormented my soul for years. The lies and slander that corrupt those beyond the merciful reach of the Black Sun's guiding hand twist and pervert the majesty that is the lord of chaos into an unrecognizable abomination. Those that come seeking his blessing from foreign lands are often mislead by these heresies and I pity them for it. How were they to know that the only true and capable servant the Defiler will ever need is a Ravokian, born and bred in his city, the only city that matters.

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do?
Who says I haven't gotten away with it already...
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evarista on September 1st, 2017, 3:45 pm

Character Name: Evarista.
Type of Residence: Citizen.
Profession: A little bit of this, and a little bit of that.
Briefly Describe Your Character: I am that I am.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: You tell me.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: No.
Writer Goals: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Being born. It was ostensibly not a change for the better.

My magnetic personality. Opposite signs attract, right? Well, I'm talking about the like-signed side.

When you tilt the bottle fully, yearning for that last drop... that never comes.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol?
Get out or get collared.

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do?
I would pull the plug. I know it has a plug somewhere.
Evarista
Whose eyes are those eyes?

Words: 372744
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 11:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Loken on September 1st, 2017, 4:31 pm

Character Name: Loken
Type of Residence: Soon to be, Citizen.
Profession: City Guard.
Briefly Describe Your Character: Literal, realistic, and practical. Loken is a man who enjoys keeping to the status quo wherever he is.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes. In regards to getting Loken a job as a City Guard.

Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: No, not at the current moment.

Writer Goals:
Make Loken a stable figure in Ravok. Get him a house, make some enemies, get him better at punching things.

Loken once stopped a woman from killing herself, not because it was right. But because apathy is an imbalance to the scales of life.

His emotional aspect. Loken is a model of stoicism so making the character experience anger or happiness to an extreme degree would be fun.

"Breach of contract. If a deal is struck and written, it should be followed through to the letter."

"The coasts off the desert of Eyktol. Its perfect. That spot where the golden horizon of sand meet the endless blue of the sea."

"I'd utilize all of the resources within The Institute of Higher Learning to advance myself."

Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Syresshvassydir on September 1st, 2017, 7:53 pm

Character Name: Syresshvassydir, Sydir
Type of Residence: Slave
Profession: Sydir fights other slaves for his master's profit
Briefly Describe Your Character: A constrictor Dhani and relatively fresh arrival in Ravok from his native Falyndar, Sydir is coping with the concepts of helplessness and fear for the first time in over a hundred years.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, I'd like for Sydir to get some lore specific to the Black Sun and Ebonstryfe this season, and/or give him a real test of his fighting skills towards the end of the season
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Not this season
Writer Goals:
Get Unarmed Combat & Brawling up to Competent
Acquire other physical skills related to pit fighting
Explore and learn more about this strange human city

Getting captured, carried across the continent in a cage, and sold like a common animal to some petching human

Managing his superiority complex in the face of the obvious imbalance of power in Ravok compared to Falyndar

Deserting a nestmate in their time of need

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? N/A

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? N/A

For those that are slaves, what is the happiest moment you've experienced during your enslavement?
The only happy moments in this 'city' come from winning fights.

Find out if Ravokian humans taste better or worse than Myrians.
Syresshvassydir
Player

Words: 28224
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2017, 6:35 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Baran on September 1st, 2017, 10:11 pm

Character Registry

Character Name: Baran
Profession: Baran is a musician
Briefly Describe Your Character: This dood right here is a thrill-seeker, who has a love affair with music above all.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, it's regarding Baran's (lack of) expenses. :retard: I already spoke to Prophet about it, but thought I'd at least put it out in the open, haha.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Nope, really sorry. I hath not the time.
Writer Goals:
  • This season Baran is on a mission to save himself from slavery.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Ugh... It was probably when I received his gamba, but I have never RPed that.

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? He always wants to build up his skill and prowess- not only in his music, but in general. He has a rather inflated head.

How does your PC define Betrayal? I can't provide links, but here you go:
Betrayal is bitter. It is cruel, and stings to the core, I'm sure. I have never felt true betrayal, but you see it's effects, in the taverns and the streets.

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? I miss the heat and the humidity of Kenash, and the lavishness of it all there. I miss Alvadas, my home for so long. I especially miss the freedom to walk beyond a city's walls- getting to the shore here is a pain in the arse, just for a walk!

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? I would kill someone. Wouldn't you? Just to see what it felt like?
Last edited by Baran on September 10th, 2017, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baran
"If you steal my gamba, I will gut you."

Words: 64397
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rohka on September 2nd, 2017, 12:55 am

Character Name: Rohka
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: She doesn’t have a job yet. Will soon apply to be a fortune teller.
Briefly Describe Your Character: She loves to listen, she loves to talk, she loves to be rationally irrational.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Sure, PM me!
Writer Goals:
- Finish a job thread
- Get her in trouble
- Build the love for her from the ground up

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Meeting the old man, Sariven, who opened an opportunity for her.

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? Her ability to lie.

How does your PC define Betrayal? Anything that twists her truth to please others.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? Wary about their intentions. If you don’t worship Rhysol, you’re dishonouring my being.

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? Paint the walls in ridiculous colours and then watch as people stare at them in passing.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next