All Roads Lead to... (OOC Sign-up)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

Postby Sayana on October 19th, 2017, 11:28 am

Hello Citizens and Non-Citizens of Ravok.

Prophet has graciously allowed me to GST the "All Roads Lead to..." event, in which a road will be constructed from Ravok towards Nyka. I have many ideas stirring in my head and I'm toying with different thread dynamics in order to cover such a massive scope. I adore the concept OOCly, however, Sayana will have minimal interest ICly, hence my desire to GST this event. I'm super pumped and wanted to make a formal sign-up sheet to gather some character info, player info and allow others the opportunity to join.

It will likely be a maximum of 3 PCs, however, depending on interest there may be ways to incorporate others without disrupting the flow dynamics.

Please fill out the following.

Name:
Role (eg. Laborer, Mercenary, Engineer/Designer, Organizer, Scout, Leader*/Decision Maker):
Preferred time-frame/dates (ranges are helpful):
How does your character tie into this plot (eg. Purpose, ic/ooc goals such as learning, plot hooks/arcs that you have planned):
Pick the top 3 topics that interest you most, and 1 or 2 topics that you would prefer not to do: Scouting, cartography, planning/organization, carpentry/clearing, logistics (supply management & transportation), engineering/architecture, reimancy, combat, leadership*/decision making, wilderness survival, nature (eg. Caiyha focus), Ebonstryfe

*Note: Leadership/decision making roles do not necessarily require technical experience. NPCs can provide that. However, you do need to show that your decisions can be trusted and that your PC can think rationally. You may also need to do some OOC problem solving. Multiple people may take on such a role (either as a primary or secondary role).

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Rohka on October 19th, 2017, 1:42 pm

Name: Rohka
Role: Laborer, (Cheer)leader :D
Preferred time-frame/dates: She'll be by the south lakeshore around the late 20s and 30s of Fall
How does your character tie into this plot: Roh has been compelled by her uncle Mattias Calico to help the family. IC, she'll be noting how the Calicos are scheming to gain influence with the Larks & Ebonstryfe (how they insert themselves into Ravokian politics, basically), and she'll be advertising her craft. OOC, this is a character development opportunity for Roh to sew herself into the fabric of Ravok's plotlines
Pick the top 3 topics that interest you most, and 1 or 2 topics that you would prefer not to do:
Carpentry/bodybuilding/clearing timber, planning/organization/business, wilderness survival. There is nothing that I would refuse to do, as long as I can rp it realistically.

This is exciting!! I'm totally looking forward to what you have in store, and to bring my fortune telling PC into the mix for a good dose of trouble :P .
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 19th, 2017, 8:54 pm

Name: Clyde Sullins

Role: Leader(Ebonstryfe)/Reimancer

Preferred time-frame/dates (ranges are helpful): Between the 15th to the 40th.

How does your character tie into this plot: IC- Working on his Ebonstryfe rotation on the road, along with his personal interest more recently in building and such.

Pick the top 3 topics that interest you most, and 1 or 2 topics that you would prefer not to do:
>Most- Engineering/Architecture, Reimancy, Combat, leadership.
>Least- Carpentry/clearing, menial labor.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sayana on October 20th, 2017, 8:57 pm

I've got two other things that I forgot to put in the first post:

1) I'd like to get this thread rolling soon. So sign-ups will close at end of day on Monday (California time, or whatever the last timezone is). I may post as early as Monday evening. That'll give you a weekend and a week day to sign-up.

There will be one placeholder for someone who has pre-signed up (via PMing Prophet prior to this thread). 3 PCs is ideal, 5 PCs I'll probably split it into two groups, 4 PCs I'm undecided but it might be one thread with different events/groups contained within.

2) Please be prepared to post within a span of 7 days. There may be wiggle room to up to 10 days if you send an explanation PM.

It is unlikely that there will be a strict post order. I'm leaning heavily on the flow of: I post, you all post in various order, I post, you all post in a potentially different order, etc. I'm also playing with ideas on how to cover such a big scope within the span of a single thread. So you may be requested to "think big" and write so your post covers the span of an hour, several hours, or maybe even a day.

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Loken on October 20th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Name: Loken
Role:
Laborer
Scout
Decision Maker

• 1st idea: Loken can help while things are very close to Ravok city-proper. Fall 35th - 48th.
  • 2nd idea: He just hops in fully from the 60th - season end. WIth the first idea in mind, he does a second rotation in which he meets up with everything at a later date.
  • Possible scouting time: He can be out of the city from the 7th - 15th

How does your character tie into this plot (eg. Purpose, ic/ooc goals such as learning, plot hooks/arcs that you have planned): Loken has spend time in Nyka, so would see a road as being very useful. Also, he's slowly been mapping out Ravok. So he'd also wish to dive into Cartography through road building. And as an Ano Cultist, a road is basically order in wild nature.

Pick the top 3 topics that interest you most, and 1 or 2 topics that you would prefer not to do: Scouting, cartography, logistics (supply management).

I'm not against anything. I'd enjoy writing about everything.

Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Elias Caldera on October 21st, 2017, 12:56 am

Name: Elias Caldera
Role: Reimancer/Ebonstryfe

1st - 45th

How does your character tie into this plot (eg. Purpose, ic/ooc goals such as learning, plot hooks/arcs that you have planned): I was planning to have Elias relegated to the crews(?) of reimancers who are tasked with helping to build the earthen foundations of the roadwork itself, much to his chagrin however as he instead would have preferred to act more the soldier than a common laborer. As it turns out, its a perfect opportunity to learn a bit of earth reimancy and perhaps meet a few interesting characters along the way.

Pick the top 3 topics that interest you most, and 1 or 2 topics that you would prefer not to do: Reimancy, Combat, Labor
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sayana on October 21st, 2017, 1:28 am

So I know I said I'd keep this sign-up thread open for another couple days... but I don't think I can handle a larger crowd than 4 PCs. I think I was being optimistic about making two threads to accommodate 5.

I'm cutting it off here. We've got 4 great writers, and I'm really excited. If other people had wanted to join, there was ample time earlier in the season to sign up with Prophet/his office. And Proph sent me names of people who had PM'd him (all who have now posted/signed-up).

Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes