PM to join Lessons by Baroque Bay (Kelski)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Lessons by Baroque Bay (Kelski)

Postby Vasin on April 6th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Timestamp: 16th of Spring, 519 A.V.

Some time ago, not very long ago at all Vasin and Kelski had talked about matters of magic. He had been made very curious about the subject, though was not sure if he had the mind for it. The way she had explained it to him in ways to get better with it made sense to it. In his mind, he would picture his tent home, its exact layout and where he left things. The details were fuzzy of course especially when he tried to imagine it in three dimensions. That morning when he got up he stood outside of his tent picturing its inside within his mind. The placement of his belongings and the finer details. When he peered back inside he found it to not be exact and he would try again and again. Little by little, he improved in each time he tried. Even if not noticeable to him at first when he had been doing it. Things fell in place, he closed his eyes, and he imagined his home as it was inside. Got a couple of odd looks from his neighbors as he kept going back in and out from his tent. Noticing he was burning daylight he stood outside arms crossed and considered what to do today. Perhaps he should visit Kelski? Vasin nodded letting out a breath believing it to be a rather good idea.

Gathering up his things from his tent, everything he couldn't live without he geared up. No way was he leaving his armor in that tent, no doubt if someone saw he left it behind they, snatched it in a heartbeat. Patting his straps he set about from his tent empty of valuable belongings. Today he would see if Kelski could teach him Morphing magic. She had spoken at some length about it, and the idea intrigued him. Magic itself made him curious about the possibilities. if he could fly he could do a lot more exploring. But there was more to it than just that. Beyond any simple knowledge in Sunberth magic seemed like the hardest to find, and perhaps the most dangerous. No way was he going to pass up the chance to learn it. Setting off from the tent city he walked his way to Baroque Bay, the home of the Midnight Gem and Kelski. He took the most direct path, avoiding any 'shortcuts' or back alleys not in the mood for a fight today. He also made sure to keep an eye out for pickpockets. No doubt with this gear he looked rich in comparison, so he had to be careful of swift small hands.

Eventually, he found himself at the mouth of the mudway and at the Midnight Gem itself. He stood there for a moment looking at the mouth of the river. He had been exploring along its banks as of late, but never went anywhere too far. He was not ready for such life just yet but he planned to be soon enough. It would take some effort, and effort is what he would give. Looking back to the Midnight Gem he would approach its door and then enter the jewelry shop. He wondered as he opened the door if Kelski was in.
Vasin
Player

Words: 290557
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Kelski on April 7th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Kelski was indeed home. She’d been busy all morning cutting some rough stock semi-precious gemstones into workable cabochons and simple emerald cuts so she could put them on some of her more inexpensive jewelry that she tended to make for the masses. Even the poorest man needed a wedding ring or even a gift for his mother on her 50th birthday. The Midnight Gem carried high end jewelry but it survived on the people that were willing to purchase in quantities on the low end. She was often surprised and humbled by how many people dropped by and offered coin they really needed more for food than for jewelry.

But giving was a thing, and Kelski knew how much a gift of jewelry meant to someone who had nothing. Sometimes just the act of cleaning a ring or favorite necklace lightened her mood, which has been nothing but dark lately. Kelski had been feeling anti-social, sticking to her workshop much of the time and working long hours to avoid both the people living upstairs and to avoid people who were out and about in the city. She had been feeling that dealing with people was harder and harder as time went on and found it easier to keep to herself.

The problem was that there was such a disconnect. Everyone within The Midnight Gem didn’t share a joined life, but lived separate lives that only intercepted at The Gem for sometimes meals and sometimes gatherings in the evenings when everything was slowing down. Kelvics were built for companionship and needed people around to take care of. But no one in Kelski’s life really needed her. She felt the lack acutely and so threw herself into the nurturing of The Midnight Gem itself and in building up stock for her shop which at least filled the busy hours of the day.

When the chimes rang over the shop door as Vasin let himself in, Kelski didn’t stir from where she was changing a cutting wheel to a polishing wheel on her lap machine. Another customer, right? But when Ebon warmly greeted Vasin, said his name outloud and gestured him to head on back to the workshop, Kelski stopped to tilt her head. Her workshop was through the showroom, past the stairs that lead both up and down, in a well lit back part of the building that was almost all glass overlooking the sea.

She wasn’t dressed to receive visitors. In cutoff leather pants, bare feet and legs, and a shirt that looked two sizes too big, the Kelvic was about as casual as people could be. Her long hair was loose, slightly tangled, and looked like it needed a good brushing. She had a leather apron in cherry red over her dark clothing that was at once cheerful and yet reminded one of blood. Dirt smudged one cheek and her nails were coated with blackened dust where she’d been grinding away stones to make cabs.

“Vasin… hello! How are you today? Pull up a stool… what brings you by?” She asked, happy to see her explorer friend even though she’d not been in the most social mood lately. There were several stools scattered around the workshop. Vasin always brought with him a sense of adventure, a yearning for the unknown, and he was always questioning the world around him which gave Kelski in turn a sense of wonder and made her question the world around her as well.

She leaned back on her stool, put a final tightening grip on the wrench she’d used to change the lap wheel, and set the tool aside to give him her full attention. Kelski wasn’t exactly a short woman, but her long legs swung like a child’s from the stool she perched on, as if she liked the ability to not have her feet on the ground as she worked.

“I’m glad to see you.” She said softly finally, thinking as anti-social as she’d been lately, it was the complete truth.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Vasin on April 8th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Upon entering the Midnight gem Vasin had a glance around the shop. His eyes rolling over the place when someone spoke up. Ebon got his attention in greeting and soon his eyes rested upon him. Vasin smiled warmly back at being welcomed so kindly by Kelski's friend."Hello Ebon!" he replied as he cleared from the doorway. Vasin had probably only met him a handful of times now, but Ebon recognized him none the less. When Ebon gestured Vasin towards the back he would give a nod. Good, it seemed that Kelski must be in then or else he would have been told otherwise. In no particular rush, Vasin made his way through the showroom giving it one last look over. Kelski had certainly earned her way to where she was today. Everything he saw in here required her utmost effort to achieve. Through sheer force of will, she had come to possess one of the nicest shops in Sunberth. Certainly nicer than some of the stalls and shacks that people called shops and stores. Plus, it was well put together Vasin realized from his brief looks around. Or well, better put together then the majority of buildings he had seen. That Crylon fella had opened his eyes a little to architecture. He was no expert, but sometimes things caught his notice.

Walking through and past the showroom towards the stairs, he could see the doorway to the backroom where Kelski probably was. Having brought with him the belongings that he could not part with meant a few things. It meant wearing his armor as it was easier to wear than carrying. Studded Leather Armor, Chain Shirt, Gambeson, Helmet, gauntlets, greaves, vambraces, coif, aventail, and a shield on his back. He also had his new sword and two axes as those had cost him some coin. Everything else was neatly put into his pack and pouches. Out of politeness upon entering he had taken his helmet and coif off holding them under his right armpit. While it was all effective and nice it had the unfortunate side effect of drawing attention to himself when not on the job. He couldn't afford to leave it back at his tent. But maybe with the savings he got, he could afford a proper home soon... Just a little longer...

Entering the back room Vasin would blink at seeing how it had a great view of the sea. Standing there for a moment he then immediately afterward noticed Kelski as she had greeted him."Kelski! Hello!" he would say after she had greeted him and offered a seat. Vasin would do so taking the nearest stool to Kelski. Setting his bag down and some other things that weighed down on his shoulders he breathed out somewhat in relief. Helmet atop the bag he got nice and comfortable there."Glad to see you as well." Vasin said in a rather friendly manner as he adjusted a little more."Anyways, I'm doing pretty well. Though all this stuff plus the armor I got recently makes for a heavy load to lug around. Better than leaving it back home." he said felt he owed her an explanation of why he had brought a backpack among other things with him."I've made some progress on the map making. Even found some extra help for it." Vasin said updating her on his map making progress."Other then that well..." he said with a pause."I was wondering if you could teach me morphing? Like we talked about before." he asked though wondered if she was too busy at the moment."Oh sorry!" Vasin said as if realizing something."How are you?" he asked realizing he had forgotten to ask her as well.
Vasin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Kelski on April 13th, 2019, 6:54 pm

Kelski smiled at Vasin as he revealed why he was there. She indeed was glad for the interruption. She’d been working deep into the night at her lap wheel and had ran the forge most of the morning smelting down ores and making ring blanks to fill inventory. Kelski was trying to build as much as possible because her future plans were firmly set in her mind and she didn’t know after she moved how long it would take her to get a real working shop set up.

“Oh thank the gods you dropped by. I’m dying for a distraction away from work.” She said honestly, her polite smile turning into a real grin of pleasure. “I’m glad your doing well. I don’t know why you just don’t take a room upstairs instead of living in tent city like a pauper. There’s plenty of room and you wouldn’t have to wear your armor everywhere in fear of getting it stolen. Come on… if we’re going to learn magic, you’ll need to get out of that stuff anyhow. I’ll show you one of the empty rooms you can get out of that stuff in and then we can get more comfortable… maybe in the study.” She said, glancing out the window. Rain was threatening, otherwise she’d recommend the deck. Kelski loved the weather outside and she hadn’t been ‘out’ for a long while. Work sometimes consumed her, and it wasn’t healthy how much she did work at times.

Rising, she gestured for him to follow her and lead him back out into the small passageway between the workroom and the showroom and then up the stairs into the living area. Turning right, she showed him to a well appointed room that Duncan used to have before he moved into the guest rooms with Lia after they had bonded. “Leave your things here, Vasin. And if you’d like, take it as your permanent place to sleep. It’s quite, safe, and well…..” She paused then. “… the company is always welcome. Everyone here likes you Vasin. You’d fit in well.” She said, gesturing around. “The Midnight Gem likes you too… and I don’t know if you can understand this, but The Gem is alive. As she gets to know you she will modify this room to cater to your tastes and make you happy.” Kelski said, certain of it. In fact, The Gem was already at work. The floor on the far side of the room had risen up, remolded itself, and had formed a sort of armor stand. “All you have to do is talk to her about what you like… favorite colors, textures, and what makes you feel at home. You’ll find your room changes as her moods change too… so be forewarned if you decide to stay. “ Kelski said, shrugging, knowing Vasin would be able to see what she meant if he spent any more time here.

“I’ll leave you alone to get some of that off and meet you in the study. It’s past the balcony doors to the right…. there’s a fireplace and two wing-backed chairs among the books that we can talk at. I’m afraid teaching you morphing involves teaching you about magic first, and there’s a lot of that to understand.” Kelski said simply and nodded to Vasin, leaving him his privacy to do what he needed to do to get out of the bulky armor.

While he was doing that, Kelski gathered what she needed to start the lesson. She got them both mugs she could fill with water. Then she filled a huge pitcher with cold well water which she dropped one of the ice eggs into from the chicken that laid them. Then she placed the mugs and pitcher on the table between the two chairs. She lit the fire because it was cheerful and crackling. Kelski didn’t spend much time in the study, though she wasn’t sure why. Somehow it felt like it wasn’t hers. But it was past time to make more memories in the place. Teaching Vasin was just the thing.

Ember popped by and wanted to see what was going on. Kelski told her she’d be teaching Vasin in the study and Ember decided to start some lunch so the hungry student and teacher would have something to eat when they were ready for it. Clam chowder was on the menu and that made Kelski exceedingly happy because Ember had recently learned how to make small crackers she cut in the shapes of puffy oyster shells to add to the top which were delicious.

Then she settled into one of the wing-backed chairs and waited for Vasin to come in. She hoped he’d dress in something causal, comfortable, since she herself hadn’t bothered to change except to hang up her leather apron. Her hair was loose around her face and her bare feet were tucked up under the chair like a child would sit.

When Vasin arrived, Kelski invited him to sit in the opposite chair and gestured to him. “Tell me what you know about magic first. In order to teach you Morphing, you need a good base knowledge in magic in general.” She said, knowing this might be a long lesson or at least one that spanned multiple days.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vasin on April 14th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Vasin shifted on his seat glad that he was a welcome distraction, his line of work probably wasn't as steady as hers. Many shop keepers had to tend to their business and livelihood constantly to keep on top of things. He wondered what it was like to take care of such a place."Glad I could be of service." he said with a pleasant smile. Though next when she offered him a room to stay he took pause as he listened to her explain."I didn't want to assume or impose..." he said having considered asking her in the past for a place to stay, but he felt like it wasn't correct. Now he felt kind of silly for thinking of it in such a way like he would have been a bother to ask."But thank you!" he said immediately after realizing he might have been giving off the wrong impression of what he thought of her offer."I really appreciate it." he reinforced knowing not to say no to such a wonderful gift when it was offered. Vasin would slide off his seat with a slight stretch."It'll be a weight off my shoulders to not have to worry about that kind of stuff... Plus the actual weigh on my shoulders." he said rolling his shoulders a little."Kind of distracting if I want to learn something that takes concentration." he said agreeing it would be best for him to get out of this stuff."Great for fighting, no so much for studying." he concluded.

Taking his stuff with him Vasin would follow Kelski after she had gestured for him to do so. The chain portions of the armor rustled with each step though not overtly loud it was noticeable. He followed her up the stairs hand gliding over the railing and into the upstairs area. Finding themselves at the room she had offered Vasin got a good look into it and smiled. He adjusted his backpack strap as he looked to the room and then to Kelski as she spoke. The place reminded him of one of the rooms for rent by the docks. Well, this was much nicer he reasoned. Vasin was happy to have found a place and a group of people who liked him. Sure he had acquaintances from the taverns and work, but never had he had such a sense of friendship... except maybe one... but that was neither here or there. One thing that really got his attention was when she explained that the Gem itself liked him, and then his eyes slowly looked over to where it had already made some changes."Well, she seems nice and thoughtful." he said a bit complimentary. As he had learned about magic the notion of a living house was not that far out of the realm of possibility."Thank you." Vasin said feeling a sense of belonging."I wish I had met you all long before... You have been very kind to me." he said genuinely thankful towards Kelski and the other people at the Midnight Gem for being some of the most genuine and nice people he had met in Sunberth."You helped me see a better way forward." he said not sure what path he was taking before he met Kelski, but he knew it was a darker one than this.

"Past the balcony doors and to the right... got it." he said with a nod not wanting to somehow get himself lost."I'll be all ears. No doubt there is a lot to learn." he said knowing that from what she had explained before Magic was probably complicated and more difficult to conjure up than it looked from the outside. When she had left him to go get out of his armor Vasin would look to the room itself."So, just me and you now eh?" he asked knowing now that the Gem was alive though he did not exactly to what capacity. He would enter the room and close the door behind him giving it a look around. His eyes then going to the armor stand she had so thoughtfully put up for him. First thing first, he unbuckled his weapons belt which had his Flamberge Long-Sword and Throwing ax attached to it."So I was thinking... could we go for a..." he started to say as he would set the belt to the side."A boat theme? Pretty odd I know, but I find boats homely." he said as next he took off his shield and throwing an ax. Backpack off to the side as well he began to strip from his armor layer by layer. Sitting on the bed he would take off his greaves and vambraces."Maybe weapons rack too... " he thought out loud as he would strip himself of his armor completely. When he was almost done and pulling his padded armor up over his head it tugged upon his undershirt. After he was finished he would then fit the armor onto the armor stand the Gem had made for him. His helmet going on last he would give a stretch now free of being burdened by the armor.

After having gotten his stuff nicely put away in the provided room he would walk out of it wearing his rather simple clothes. He didn't own anything that was really all the fancy. But they were loose fitting and comfortable for the most part. Following Kelski's directions, he would walk past the balcony doors and go to the right. Finding himself in the study he recognized it based on her description and based on the fact that she was sitting right there. His eyes scanned the room taking immediate notice of the crackling fire. It warmed his face and produced a lively and cheerful crackle. Then there was what she had assembled on the table between the two chairs. Were those for the lesson? Probably he reasoned as Kelski him to take a seat in the one opposite from her. Vasin gave a nod and would walk over to the chair taking a seat. His feet free of footwear he got comfortable there."What I know about magic?" he questioned before giving a long hard pause as he thought about it."Well, magic is a supernatural force that can be commanded or directed by a Mage. But it comes from within I think. Magic can be used to make fireballs appear, make someone fly, or even see in the dark as you mentioned before." he said only having a vague idea as to what it truly is."I don't really know that much else other than what you have told me or what I've heard while out and about. "
Vasin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Kelski on April 14th, 2019, 9:12 pm

There was nothing more The Midnight Gem loved than a new person who knew his mind and was willing to share it with the structure. As soon as Kelski exited the room leaving Vasin to remove his armor, The Midnight Gem got busy. Shiplap replaced stone walls in a warm deep masculine color of wood, while the walls themselves rearranged their shape from straight up and down to gently curving upwards, starting smaller at the floor and getting wider at the top to give the illusion Vasin was in the inside of a a ship.

Big timbers crossed the top of the ceiling, as if forming the ribs of the interior of the ship, gracefully arching overhead and tracing down to the walls. The singular window went from full glass to delicate panes of criss-crossing dark veins. Those too curved outward smaller at the bottom and bigger at the top. The sound of lapping waves against wood could soon be heard, and the outside window when one wasn’t gazing directly out of it showed sky scenes and a horizon line over water. When one approached and looked directly out, the actual beach below The Midnight Gem could be seen.

The Gem then happily filled Vasin’s room with an oversized bunk that could be curtained off, a long desk with a big chair in front of the window, and shelf after shelf of nick-nacks. There were other chairs that could be moved over to the desk as well to form a sort of command center. A weapons rack materialized as too did the armor rack.

Tapestries unfurled from the walls depicting scenes of far off tropical beaches and glorious sunsets or maps of the world. They seemed to look different each time he gazed upon them, though he’d recognize them as charts and scenes he himself or Kelski had witnessed before. They were the only images the Midnight Gem had to draw upon. The floor itself took on a high shine and went from what looked like simple slatted wood to inlaid hardwood of various interlocking colors. His room was busy, full of things to examine and explore, and somehow comfortable – decked out in his favorite colors.

The Gem of course would make adjustments. Was his large bunk too small? Too big? Too short for him? Time would tell. A mirror above a sink with running water appeared with everything he needed to trim his beard neatly and maintain it. Tables where he could lay out plans or start projects and walk away manifested. The room looked far larger than he actually needed to sleep in, but it was immediately comfortable and filled with the sounds of the Sea.

Lanterns hung from all sorts of places on the ceiling and there were candelabra well placed to warm all the wood. He could see iron spikes in the form of huge bolts and nuts holding the ribs of the massive wooden beams together above him. The entire room was very masculine.

He would find that he had every sort of place he needed to stow his gear properly, most of it appearing as he needed it or went to hang the item away. There was a full-length wardrobe as well, and a pot-bellied stove commonly found aboard ships near the bunk with a rack that could be used to dry wet boots upside down near one of its vents. The building was going all out to welcome him, that much was for certain, for he felt no malice and only welcome as the structure crafted the room neatly.

When he was ready to go find Kelski, he’d have no trouble. The study was warm, inviting, and she was already sipping cool water and looking thoughtful.

“I’m a bit nervous…” She admitted.

“I’ve never had a student before. I’ve only been a student… so you’ll have to forgive me if I make any mistakes. I know you are here to learn Morphing, but truthfully you’ll need to learn so much more before you can even remotely start changing your shape. You learn about magic first… what it can do and what it can’t do…. before you attempt to use it. It’s like we’re going to sit down and take apart a crossbow, learn how all its parts function and how it fits together, before you ever shoot it. If I just hand you a crossbow and show you the basic 1,2,3 steps of shooting it, then you are going to damage the weapon, or seriously hurt yourself by loosing a finger or even an eye because you don’t know truly much about the thing.” Kelski explained.

She was going to teach him how she learned, and hope it was enough for him to really get a good grasp on magic in order to become a really solid mage.

“The knowledge I’m going to teach you is a science in a way. Like biology or botany or even medicine. Its called Arcanology. That’s the study of magic. And while it might be all new to you – which is fine – I want you to stop me if you have questions and interrupt any time. I don’t want to think you understand something new I tell you when you are still dwelling on something you’ve been told five chimes ago, alright? And if I go to quickly, just stop me and slow me. I have known some of this stuff for a while, but a lot of it to you will be new it sounds like.” Kelski said, then shifted in her seat to fold her legs up under her.

“So the first thing you need to know is that there is a source of power in every thing, living or otherwise. Humans, rocks, trees, mountains, even the very water itself that flows down the Mudway has it. We call it djed, and it’s the basic fuel to all magic. It has a purpose in all living things. And oddly enough, once you know about it, you start sensing it everywhere. The more you can quiet your mind, still your thoughts, and meditate, the more your affinity to djed will grow and the more easily you will be able to sense it." The Kelvic said.

After a moment she continued. "Djed cannot be created or destroyed. But you can however, transform it, which is what most mages do. When you burn through djed doing magic, you aren’t consuming it like a fire would consume wood or coal, but you are changing its nature and setting it free into the environment. We ourselves have a pool of djed within us. This pool is a well of sorts. Each person had a specific depth to their djed which you will discover as you use more and more magic, and as you progress from Learner to Mage, you will intimately discover the depth and quality of your djed. The best mages have deep pure pools of djed and a natural talent to sense and manipulate djed. It’s not easy at first, but its like learning anything else… eventually the fit of the djed in your mind and in your mental hands will be as habitual as the fit of your weapon is in your actual hands.” Kelski said gently, then reached out to Vasin across he little table and took his hand.

Kelski gave his hand a squeeze and released her control on her own djed, pooling it her hand just under her skin – untasked and without purpose. She watched his eyes, waiting for the moment they widened or changed expression so she could know he could feel the power.

“Finding your Well of djed isn’t easy. And sometimes it is so deep you don’t know its depths. A mage might spend days descending into his or her Well in order to tap as much of it as they can for a big spell. The longer you spend time descending, the more power you can tap and control at once. It will always come at your bidding, but if you have a light hand on it, you will not necessarily have a huge amount of power to tap from. If you descend into your Well a long time and produce a huge spell, there is great risk to your health. Using all your djed is dangerous, but sometimes it is a last resort and mages do cast final spells in great times of need. It may mean their deaths, but sometimes we will think the result worth the risk. My mentor’s true love cast a deep and powerful spell in her last moments, tapping her Reimancy to stop an underground city from being flooded when a dam broke just after the Valterrian in the undertimes. She died, but everyone in the city was saved due to her sacrifice. Mages make hard choices each and every day. Understanding learning to shift your form is just a stepping stone and you will learn more and more and maybe someday you will be faced with such a choice as well.” Kelski said.

Then she released his hand. “You’ve felt my djed. See if you can find your own Well, Vasin. You know what to look for. See if you can follow your power inside yourself, explore your inner depths, and find that bright pool of power deep within you.” She said, letting him try on his own. She could help him, of course, but doing things his own way was far better. Especially in this.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vasin on April 15th, 2019, 1:45 am

While Vasin had been taking his armor off and been getting comfortable he had taken direct notice of how much the room was changing. It was really impressive how the Gem worked entirely. When he thought the armor rack itself was impressive she pulled off some amazing work. It really was looking like the inside of ship's cabin every time he looked up! It fit his imagination and expectations extremely well if not exceeding them. The Gem worked in the smallest details as well. Things he had not thought would be possible at first. That sound? Could it really be? He listened closer. It was the sound of waves lapping against the hull. To him a very pleasant and calming sound. He breathed out really appreciating that fine detail that the Gem had gone ahead and implemented. Then there was the desk, as the command center for the captain of a ship. It even had the nick knacks one would expect of such a place in the room. It all was so wonderful as his eyes picked up on more and more details. After he had finished putting his armor away he had been sure to give the room a cursory look around. But, he didn't want to keep Kelski waiting for too long."You really went all out..." he said appreciatively.

The place itself essentially had everything he needed and everything he needed in the future. Places to make plans, places to put gear, places to put clothes, and many other places that served a purpose. This felt like the room of a Captain Explorer out on expedition! Those maps, likely from their memories to him at least partially confirmed this. The entire room felt tailored to him, and when he said before that the Gem had gone all out, he meant it. But, before he left the sound of the ocean at his ears he would go to the window. peering out he looked at the beach. The waves rolling in as nature intended. Almost in tune with the sounds of the waves in here. It really felt like home now, and not just some temporary patch of dirt he would set his tent on. Not only that, but it reminded him of his old home as well. When he was young before he came to Sunberth. It was all so blurry, but those were good times. A sort of nostalgic happy feeling came over him before he turned around. Walking back the table he would look at it and brush it with his hand gently. Finally leaving he would run his hand over the door frame.

--

Vasin quietly listened and as she introduced the topic of Magic he would nod. He knew that because he knew so little it was best to start from the beginning. He couldn't take a short cut to Morphing and just expect it all to work out. Her analogy of the crossbow, it fit within his mind. You got messing with the parts without realizing that you are doing? You could send a bolt into your foot, or the mechanism could cut your fingers off. The more powerful the crossbow, the greater the risk. He also understood rather well that since she had not had a student before this was even more necessary. Taking it from the top was the safest bet overall."I understand. One step at a time." he reinforced with a nod."I'm sure you are a fine teacher." he added trying to encourage her a bit. She was going about this in a well-educated way at least, so if anything that was a good enough indicator to him.

Then the lesson proper began and she began to explain magic and what exactly it was. He listened carefully and paid as much attention to her words as possible. His mind pouring over them as she spoke. Vasin knew if he had any questions he would need to ask her right away. For something like this, he knew that he absolutely must understand and not pretend to understand. Magic or this power was in everything, not just in people like he had thought earlier. So that was one correction down already. Not only that, but he learned the proper name for this source of power. It was Djed as she explained it to him and it was what fueled all magic."Quiet my mind? So thoughts get in the way of being able to sense Djed?" he asked curiously wanting to make absolutely certain. He hoped it wasn't a silly question. After she answered his question and moved on he resumed listening quietly.

Vasin would watch as Kelski reached out and took hold of his hand in such a gentle fashion. He let her do so know she was doing this to show him an example. His hand gently grasped by hers he looked at them listening and focusing on her words. But nothing came immediately and he stared for a moment. Was she trying to show him her Djed? The answer came soon after as he took note of a feeling. A tingling sensation in his hand, a sense if you will as after a moment he took note of it. How she has unleashed the control of her Djed to allow him to get a good sense of it. Indeed his eyes widened in sudden surprise having not expected the feeling. It was not a negative surprise, but more like an excited one. An oh subtle oh wow face came to him as he would then look back up to her. Then she spoke further about the Djed well people possessed. Indeed the way she explained it made this pool of Djed they possess sound like a well. However, while you could produce more powerful magic by using larger amounts of this well there was a risk. As Kelski explained you could die from using all of it. This was dangerous, but in a tight spot, it sounded like it could be extremely useful."Is there anything else that can happen from using too much? You also mentioned Reimancy, what exactly is that?" he questioned.

After she released his hand he would look to his hand again before slowly pulling it back. Vasin would give a nod when she explained to him to search for his own well."I'll try my best." he would say having committed that feeling and taste of her Djed to memory."Just need to clear my mind and follow that signature feeling..." Vasin said before letting a breath out trying to relax. He had been very intrigued by what she said, so clearing his mind was a little difficult. All right, stop thinking! Maybe closing your eyes will help... Vasin slowly breathed in and then out closing his eyes. He really tried to remove thought from the equation as he began to search within himself. At first nothing, nothing at all as his mind began to calm. It had been fighting him before on staying quiet but now that he wasn't trying too hard it became easier. Drip Drip. A sensation that he felt slowly flowing through himself. His breaths slowed as in his mind's eye began to visualize what he was feeling. It was like a stream. A slow steady stream that ran past him. Without direction he began to follow it, letting the stream, and that feeling take him along for the ride. He did not try and change its course nor stop himself and instead went with it. He followed it all the way until he found himself at something like the shores of a lake and he leaned in and reached for it. A sensation at his core, a feeling similar to what he felt Kelski give him with the touch of her hand. Reaching in he found himself entering the lake itself and felt something rise up in him. From his core, up through his trunk, and to his head. Vasin let out a breath and opened his eyes."I... I think I found it Kelski!" he said having never experienced anything like that before."It was like a river leading to a lake. When I touched it... I felt something well up in me that I never felt before."
Vasin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Kelski on April 17th, 2019, 4:29 am

The Gem was pleased by Vasin’s appreciative response, and thought it rare that a human accepted her touches for what they were. She reached out to his mind, hoping to find it open to her, and infused warmth and welcome to him in an emotionally gentle but brief touch that told him she’d heard his compliment and appreciated it. It would feel like a wave of alien intelligence gently brushing his mind like moth wings on his skin. She didn’t maintain the contact. She wasn’t strong enough or smart enough to yet. It was her first try at talking to someone other than her creator. But soon… soon she’d grow enough and be full enough to do such things.

The Midnight Gem looked forward to such things.

Back in the study, the Kelvic thought she’d be a bundle of nerves, stammering and stuttering, trying to pass all this important knowledge onto Vasin…. but when all was said and done it was just Vasin and the lesson felt more like two friends chatting before a fire than anything else. His attentive watchful gaze made her feel comfortable rather than nervous and his lack of arrogance and the presence of his serious humility put her so much at ease.

Why couldn’t all humans be like him? She’d enjoy their company so much more if they were just … more genuine. That was the word. Vasin felt genuine. Kelski watched him as he watched her and a legitimate smile played across her lips. She loved talking about magic, but for some reason somewhere in the past… someone had made her super uncomfortable about it. Someone had made her feel inferior and unsafe. Someone had leashed her tightly and tried to control what should have been a beautiful natural thing for those inclined. And as she watched Vasin’s eyes, she knew he’d be inclined. She just knew. Things would come for him, sometimes hard, sometimes easily, but they would come. He would be a mage.

Vasin’s question about quieting his mind made Kelski nod. “Yes… mages need incredible focus. You need to be able to clear your mind. I have this friend named Dess… he lives here too… you will meet him. He is good with fighting with his body without weapons. He says that people dwell in their heads too much, ignoring the rest of their body because their brains are too full of images, memories, sensory overload that hit them. But if you can quiet your mind, you can push your awareness out into your body and then things like djed or even controlled energy for a punch are able to flow better. It’s something he calls chi but I think its djed all the same. You are mindful of your head, but you should be mindful of each finger, each toe, and all the flesh in between. You become stronger in so many ways if you dwell within the whole of your body and not just lurk in your head.” Kelski said, swallowing and thinking again before speaking. “It’s why mages meditate. Meditation is the act of clearing ones mind and settling ones thoughts. It makes everything we do easier, better…. it would even help you with your swordwork or learning to ride Tack.” Kelski said. “Everyone meditates differently. Some people do guided meditations where they walk pathways in their mind and connect to things they normally couldn’t connect too through quiet time up here…” She tapped her forehead. “And some mages just sit and think of nothing at all and when their heads are clear, incredible ideas come to them.” She added, knowing for certain this was true. It happened for her. “When I quiet my mind after a busy day, often times after a period, a solution will present itself to a problem I didn’t know I was having… like a technique I was failing in my workshop or how to do a complex piece I can see in my mind but can’t figure out how to translate into real world jewelry.” She added, offering him a smile.

“I’m supposed to be a Master Jewelcrafter, but its not always easy work. I still find challenges daily.” She said, laughing a little at herself. Was it because she wasn’t human? Were Kelvics somehow conditioned not to be great at everything and struggle like she often did? Kelski didn’t know. But she was overcoming obstacles. That’s what Kelvics did.

They talked more, wandering through more arcanology lore and discussing magic basics. “You can overgive from using too much, Vasin. It’s in fact a very common problem. People don’t know their limits and can hurt themselves by pushing too far to fast with magic. I was going to talk about it in a bit, but there’s no need to wait since you are asking. Magic can be addictive. It gives you a feeling of power and perfection that you won’t forget and will always crave. It makes you feel good to use it. I think sometimes our djed needs stirred and released – actually used – and its an intense feeling. I don’t know what to liken it to… maybe an overfull bladder and how much pleasure it can be when one finally gets to release urine. Or perhaps like it feels for a man when he spills his seed. Magic can be like that. You do a little and you will want to do more. You need iron control. Successful mages are able to pick and choose when they use their magic and while they enjoy the feelings it brings; they aren’t driven to recreate that feeling over and over again. Weak mages are. They are the dangerous ones that crave power and domination… that want people afraid of them and in many ways are slaves to the djed rather than letting the djed be just another tool we have.” Kelski said softly, then circled back.

“Overgiving is a real thing. Its very easy to do too much, produce too many effects, sustain your magic too long. It’s a cost, in a way too…. the more you can do the bigger the price you will pay. Start out small, build up your magic, stretch your limits slowly. When you first started to learn to swing an axe or a sword, you couldn’t do it for long periods of time. You work up and build your strength. Magic is like that. When you overgive, you might get a headache, feel that feeling… what’s it called… uh…” Kelski paused then, thoughtful, tilting her head one way the next.

“Euphoria.” She said suddenly. “If you feel that, your overgiving. You can get hallucinations or even start bleeding as if wounded. Sometimes you can shake, you won’t breathe correctly, or even become moody and antisocial.” Kelski said seriously, then looked thoughtful.

“And that’s just mild symptoms. Deeper overgiving will open wounds in your flesh, alter your thinking, give you delirium… or even give you that condition where you collapse and shake, loosing your bowels and biting your tongue… I’m not sure what that’s called. You feel pain, and you absolutely can loose control.” Kelski explained, telling him as Gilthas had told her.

“You can also burn through your magic completely and get altered into a monster. Mutations it is called. You can lose consciousness and even die. Mages that overgive go crazy, Vasin. It’s a real threat. Magic is a tool that you must control at all times.” The Kelvic added, shifting in her seat to uncurl her long legs and stretch.

Kelski stood up and started moving. Bird-like she ruffled her shoulders and stretched, not liking being in the chair too long. She started to add wood to the fire and The Gem took offense and snuffed it out completely. The Kelvic threw up her hands and laughed apologetically, backing off from the fireplace until the fire lit itself again and continued burning as if nothing had happened. “I don’t think The Gem wants me fussing with its fires.” She said softly, grinning with more affection than offense.

“I was going to talk about the types of magic before you asked about overgiving. There are quite a few types and I know only a few of them. Bear with me… I will introduce you to Gilthas, and he can fill in the gaps that my magic lacks. But there are four types of magic that I know about. There’s personal magic, world magic, divine magic, and lost disciplines that don’t fit into any category. Personal magic is magic you can craft from your own djed.. .the well inside you. It includes magics like auristics where you can see auras and get information from it. I know that magic. Morphing… like we are learning… and Reimancy. Reimancy is the manipulation of elements. You can craft air, water, fire, and earth…. I know some of it as well. World magic is easier… you are less prone to overgive because you don’t draw on your personal well, but you take from the world. Truthfully I don’t know any of it. Gilthas I think does. Divine magic is the gnosis marks gods and goddesses grant their followers. I have marks from three deities, and one of those deities gave me two marks. Akajia, Xhyves, and Semele. Lost disciplines are things like Architectrix… that brought The Midnight Gem to life. I know that. I don’t know any other Lost Disciplines. I know very little about them actually. My family knows Architectrix. We’ve long carried it in our family.” Kelski said, carefully answering all his questions.

She was about ready to move on to Morphing, but she wanted to make sure she gave him a great basis to start with. And so far she’d shared a lot of information with him that was useful in proceeding with learning a personal magic.

Tapping his Well was a big start. And she settled back into her chair quietly while he centered himself and traveled inside. She waited quietly, with all the patience of a long-sighted predator not hungry enough to care if the meal was going to show up anytime soon. Kelski was certain Vasin was worth careful and gentle cultivation. He had the right mindset and she was confident he’d find his Well easily enough. When he claimed he did, she smiled.

“Yes… it’s hard to explain, but once you tap it, touch it, become aware of it being there… you understand what I was saying. It wants to be used. It wants to assist you. But be careful. It can have a mind of its own too.” The Sea Eagle said, leaning back, happy to see Vasin’s expression.

“Toy with it a while, feel it… experience it…. get familiar with its location and what it feels like to touch. You can’t go wrong getting familiar with it. And once you’ve taken the time, we’ll talk more of morphing. Morphing isn’t the easiest of disciplines, but if you can master it, you will do well learning anything else you want too.” She encouraged, then sat back and gave him time to play with his new found inner power.

“Touching your power…. learning its there… makes you a true Learner, Vasin. You know that right?” She said, pleased he’d taken the first step on the road to who he would become for the rest of his life.

When he was ready, Kelski continued.

“Morphing might be considered one of the oldest magics. From what I’ve learned, there are ancient art that depict mankind with claws or fangs, with parts of their bodies altered to resemble animals to better hunt or fight. There has been art showing men slowly transforming to wolves and back again. Its beautiful stuff. I am hoping to find some to see myself someday; maybe someplace ancient. I’ve always wanted to find ruins.” Kelski added, looking thoughtful.

“With Morphing, you tap your well and use that djed to will your body to transform its current normal state into a state you visualize. The transformation is slow, and while it isn’t painful, it takes focus and concentration. It takes an amazing amount of attention to detail.” Kelski said softly, looking thoughtful.

“Does any of this make sense?” She asked abruptly, hoping he was following her alright.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Vasin on April 21st, 2019, 7:32 pm

Vasin nodded, what she had said about mediation... it made sense to him, it really did."I know that it can be hard to concentrate on one thought if I have a lot of distracting ideas or lines go through. So, if your minded is removed of all that... noise? Then I imagine you can have really deep thoughts more easily." he reasoned out figuring that from what she had said."I'll have to try it like you said, for things outside of magic as well." Vasin nodded once more knowing he would have to meet with Dess at some point. Thoughts can be distracting, be without substance, or take away from an experience. But, if you concentrate on the important thoughts that come to you after your mind had been quieted, Vasin figured it really would be just as Kelski said. But for now, he had to listen and try and absorb what she was telling him. A look of interest and curiosity planted on his face, and a mind full of her words as she grew more enthusiastic about sharing the details with him. This wasn't like some lecture, it was just like having a conversation to him just with a lot more detail. Or a book, but from a living breathing person. Plus, he knew the author of these words being spoken to him right here in the present.

When she explained what over giving was, or the reason it happened he listened intently through her description of what using and releasing Djed felt like caused him to blink and bring a slight warm feeling to his face. What she said certainly got to the point in how tempting the use of Djed could be. The pleasure of releasing one's urine after desperately holding it in, or the mind blanking pleasure one got from spilling their seed. The way she described it like that, in how it could feel that good to use it, made him understand just how dangerous it could be. The thoughts clicked together in his mind as he shifted in his seat a little."That certainly gets to the point of things..." he said glancing away for a moment then back to Kelski."If it can feel that good to use Djed, then no wonder Mages can end up using too much. You probably wouldn't notice until it is too late until it has already happened." he said with a shake of his head."In a way based on what you said, it is also like when someone tries to lift something beyond their strength. Their body weakens instead of getting stronger. Or when someone takes too much of a drug, it can feel good, but hurt them. Though I suppose, someone can also have too much sex as well." he said with a pause."The latter of which and the use of Djed are similar in a way. In that, iron willpower is needed, as well as the ability to hold back. I will need to be careful."

"Sounds like people who over give in the pursuit of pleasure... or I mean that feeling is taking a massive risk. Like stealing from the den of a bear, or from the home of a gang member. Eventually, it will catch up to you." he said finding all of the possibilities of what could happen if he over gave to be less then pleasant sounding."How does one determine their limit? Give until you feel that feeling of Euphoria? Is there a way to tell before it happens?" he questioned not wanting to try sneaking into the den of a bear anytime soon."Sounds to me that over giving is certainly something I want to avoid." he said knowing it could be difficult to avoid, but he was confident in his will power. He would just have to apply his discipline with a sword to the use of magic. Or something like that? Though then he took notice of how Kelski got up to move around. He was rather comfortable in his seat, but she seemed to be stretching about and tending to the fire. Vasin gave an amused chuckle at how the Gem seemingly snuffed the fire out when she added a log."Seems so. She probably likes to be the one to take care of it eh?" he said not having a complete understanding of the personality of the Gem yet.

"Architectrix? What exactly does it do? I mean..." he said with a pause trying to think of a better way to ask the question."Is it only used for bringing buildings to life like the gem? or can it be used in other ways?" Vasin asked her curiously. Though that did answer a question of his, as to why the Gem was alive. Kelski must have brought her to life, as she mentioned that the magic was in her family."As for gnosis marks, I believe the person who made my sword had one... Crylon mentioned it a little as well... What do your markings do?" he asked hoping it wasn't too personal of a question to ask.

Vasin watched as Kelski leaned back in her chair after she explained how it wanted to be used."Like what you said, I could see how people with a weak will could be... well enslaved by it." he said understanding a little more deeply now that he had experienced it. When Kelski went on further to tell him to toy with it, experience it, and to get familiar with it Vasin would nod. Though, he was not certain where exactly to start with it. But, if as she said Morphing was not the easiest of the magic, then he would have to get familiar if he was to succeed. Vasin would breath out, but smirked when Kelski told him that touching his power made him a true learner."I certainly feel like one, to discover something there that I didn't know I had before." he said with a sincere smile he would continue."I'm glad I met someone like you that could teach me how to find it and learn about it." he said gratefully to her. Vasin would then take that moment to slowly close his eyes and relax again. Breathing in and out in a controlled fashion he would try and empty his head of distracting noise. It took a moment as before, but when he did this time he found it a bit easier to find his Djed. He followed that stream through his mind to the shores of that lake. From within he submerged himself in that feeling which was so much more distinctive now. He felt it rising up through his body, but now he did as she told him to. Vasin pushed and pulled it like one might do when moving your hands through a troth of water. It felt like it moved through his body in waves and ripples. His sense of control over it wasn't that great as to him it seemed like a lake before him. In time he knew that he could learn better to harness it.

Then when he was ready he slowly opened his eyes and would give Kelski a nod."Yeah, I think so... and that explains that exercise you told me about before." he said with a momentary pause."Exercising memory and building my attention to detail by visualizing something in three planes rather than flatly. But also accurately." that mind exercise now made a lot of sense."If I wanted to grow a feather... I would need to have a good solid picture of one in my mind." Vasin tapped his forehead.
Vasin
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Kelski on April 29th, 2019, 4:20 am

He was a willing student. Kelski was relieved and grateful both. Vasin had the same urge to learn that she herself had. And he picked up what she was saying about things easily, though Kelski knew she was delivering some of the material awkwardly. She was nervous, certain he would say she was wrong or somehow call her a heretic for being a mage. The Sea Eagle felt underqualified for being a teacher too. She was, after all, only recently free. Her slave mentality was hard to throw sometimes, and though she’d accomplished a lot in her life, a certain little part of her kept expecting someone to call her out as a fraud… just a slave trying to rise too hard.

For to Kelski, teaching was far more of an accomplishment than much of what she could think of. Teaching was passing on knowledge, expanding someone’s mind, and giving them tools in their mental toolbox that gave them strength she wished she’d had earlier on.

“I’m glad your willing to try. You are doing really well.” Kelski said in response to Vasin saying he was going to try clearing his mind more and not just for magic. Meditation would do him good. It did everyone real and true good.

They moved on, talking more, and Vasin again seemed to validate much of what she was saying. “Yes… overgiving happens fast… sneaks up on you. But if you are aware of it and looking for it, you will most likely not fall as easily prey to it. Your examples make sense. I will have to remember them.” She was glad that Vasin had things to equate overgiving too. She completely agreed with what he said about lifting overly heavy things or the use of drugs. “Thank you for being careful. I don’t want to teach you something that will eventually hurt you.” She added, meaning what she said.

“You’ll learn your limits as you learn your magic.” Kelski affirmed, but she thought about what he said. “I’ve not overgiven yet. I am a cautious mage, not a reckless one… so I don’t really know first hand. But I have been told that the better you feel working magic, the more danger. When you get too comfortable, too pleasured, too into your magic… those are the signs I would suspect. Stop. Re-assess. Take a break.” She said gently, thinking that was the best advice she could give. “It is what I do.” She added.

The conversation moved on and Kelski followed with it. “Yes, The Gem likes to nurture. When I fuss at something, she wants to take care of, she lets me know.” Kelski said, nodding towards the hearth and sighing softly. “I just wish she could cook.” Kelski said with amusement. A building that tried to feed everyone would be the prefect building since none of them were actually too interested in cooking.

“Its an old word… probably old tongue? Ancient Tongue? It means to breath or infuse life into the lifeless.” But was that really true? “I don’t believe its an accurate term though. Every place I’ve lived the buildings I have lived in have had personalities. The magic just lets them be who they would be, I think.” There was more to it than that. The buildings were also an aspect of who created them. “You can use it on other things… boats, the wagons people live in, those kinds of things.” She said softly, wary of talking too much of The Gem. She was glad for the subject change, for the way he drifted easily from topic to topic. In his heart, Vasin was a wanderer. It showed in his speech too.

His questions about her gnosis marks were personal though… and she was reluctant. “You might be right. Crylon said every faithful Isur of Izurdin has his mark. The best blacksmiths are Isur. Your weapon might very well be special because of that.” Kelski answered, looking thoughtful. She had to trust Vasin, but … how far? In that moment, she made a choice. It was a very serious choice. “I am twice Marked by Akajia. She gives me the language of shadows so I can walk unafraid in the dark and speak to them as if they are living creatures. I can step into one shadow and out another, Night Stalkers we are called. I don’t fear the darkness. I am part of it. Xhyvas’ Mark lets me see the potential in things… in actions, garbage, and possible ways to transcend the normal. Semele’s Mark lets me sense special stones and unlock the powers in them. I earned her attention when I Mastered Jewelcrafting. I seem to be a good planner too, for that is how I acquired Xhyvas’ attention.” She said simply, knowing there were other marks coming. She suspected Vasin would earn some as well.

“Gnosis magic is powerful, Vasin. But you must embrace it and worship it, they call us to be faithful and gift us for doing so. I love Akajia… that’s why I am one of her favored. I love her as a mother. I know Xhyvas and Semele less well… but I do care for them. I know over time I will get to know them better.” She admitted, her voice somewhat hopeful. Both were interesting deities… unique and of the type Kelski admired.

“Whom do you worship, Vasin? If you don’t mind me asking. We’ve never talked religion before.” Kelski asked, wondering if Vasin had any favored Gods or at least ones he left offerings too or sacrificed for. She’d never thought to actually ask him. For all that she was faithful to her patron Goddesses’ and God, she didn’t know much religion outside of the deities she’d been introduced too. Maybe Vasin knew of other Gods and could expand her world a bit that way.

Then the talk turned back to magic and meditation. “I am glad you remembered the memory exercises. They are important. I’d hoped you would practice them because honestly its good training for magic.” Kelski said softly, pleased he’d brought up that suggestion. She nodded, enthusiastic and then settled in to talk more morphing.

“Okay, Vasin. There’s some rules you need to remember. The very first thing to realize is that you can only morph substances from the animal and vegetable world. You cannot, for example, morph those metal snake scales we came across below Sunberth. And when you morph yourself into something else like a bird, you will not immediately know how to fly. It’s the same with fishes or things like dolphins. You’ll have to learn to swim. You can only morph yourself, not others, and things like voices are terribly hard to duplicate. If you get hurt… its really hard to morph damaged tissue, and you’ll still be hurt in the new form. Be careful of morphing yourself too vastly different, because balance, joint strength, and even how you move can change drastically and you have to get it exactly right. When I was learning morphing, I found that knowing Auristics.. how to see auras and feel with djed was very handy in studying models. And there are limits… some things can only get so big… so massive… and some creatures or things can only go so small.” She said seriously, then looked thoughtful.

“When we start actually learning and practicing, I’m going to teach you partial transformations. That’s about a third of your body at a time or less… or doing minor things like hair color, eye color, skin color… growing scales, claws, that sort of thing. You still need to study models and picture what you are morphing to, but you take baby steps and learn as you go.” Kelski said gently, reaching out her hand and extending it so he could see her nails. They looked like well-manicured black painted nails… though that was their normal color.

She concentrated, pulling djed into her fingertips and let her fingers stretch out while power flared in the tips and her nails slowly grew thicker, stronger, and curled into an eagle’s black talons. “Simple… things you know. Things you can strongly picture in your mind. Talons are familiar to me. What is familiar to you? Try something… it can be done. I’ve shown you it can. You just need to concentrate, pull power from your well, and visualize in your mind the thing you are wishing to happen to happen. Picture it strongly, and know in your heart it can be done. It will take time… concentration… meditation. but we will wait. We will let you try.” She said encouragingly.

Then she hunkered down and waited. Kelski didn’t care if it took ten chimes or ten hours. She was more than willing to wait for him to get comfortable, lay back, find something in his mind’s eye he wanted to change, draw power, and then will that change into being as he concentrated and manifested it. Kelski had the utmost confidence in him. Vasin was strong, smart, and she knew he could do it.

Count: 1515

Last edited by Kelski on June 9th, 2019, 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next