Katt's Scraps

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on March 7th, 2011, 8:05 pm

The Rulez An Stuffs
1. Post a picture.
2. Relate it to my character in any way, shape, or form.
3. Your initiation has been complete.
4. You may now roam about the country thread.

If Isette could live anywhere…This whole place would be hers.
Isette
The Great and Silly Kitten

Words: 89516
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on March 14th, 2011, 11:03 pm

Me: Jiina just may be your new bondmate! :D
Isette: Who's Jiina?
Me: Don't worry about it.
Isette: ...I'm worried.
Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Jiina on March 15th, 2011, 10:53 am

Me: Isette may be your new bondmate!
Jiina: Awesome, so we can be mean to her and manipulate her and stuff?
Me: Be nice to the kitty cat!
Jiina: ... No.
Jiina
Daddy's little girl

Words: 53253
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 11:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on March 15th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Haha! Poor Isette. xD Her and Jiina make quire the pair.

And now for something prettyful:
Secret :

Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on March 17th, 2011, 4:59 am

Character Notes:

1. Isette loves children. This includes kittens.
2. Isette dislikes being touched in most scenarios.
3. She thinks the Common word for "need" means "keep".
4. She has a small burn scar on her hip from being splashed with hot oil.
Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on March 21st, 2011, 9:13 pm

A Study of Gender
From the point of view of a feline kelvic

Men:

Men are helpful and good for survival. There are two types of men, both of which are useful in their own ways. First, there is the Predator. The Predator is a hunter, his desire is to conquer that which he finds attractive. I do not like these men, but I put up with them because many of the bad hunters are willing to pay for their prey to give up. For those hunters, it is not the fight or the chase that matters but the kill.

Then there is the Prey. The Prey is awed by that which he is attracted to. He is willing to buy attention in the form of gifts such as clothing and food. These men are weak minded and I find them tiresome after long periods of time. The stronger ones amuse me more, for they can be playful and fun for a longer period of time. Sometimes these men try and act like The Predator, but their true natures will always come out in the end.

Women:

Women are a far more complex breed than the man. This is largely due to the fact that I am one. We have a natural instinct to compete with each other. Rather than predator and prey, we naturally fall into a certain place. Dominant or submissive. Women rarely if ever buy each other gifts or give away their money. Our interactions are about power and testing the other for that power.

The hierarchy of two conversing women is often determined within the first few moments of them meeting each other. If it is not, the women will turn to subtle tricks and cruel behavior in order to win a private war based on appearances. I don’t like this game and will usually react one of two ways. I will either leave or back down. Generally I leave as I can only back down for women I fear or respect.
Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on March 22nd, 2011, 4:38 am

Isette: I keep making guys cry. >_>
Me: You’re a regular heartbreaker, aren’t ya?
Isette: It’s not on purpose! Why are guys so weird?
Me: It’s a defense mechanism.
Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on March 28th, 2011, 9:22 pm

I ran away on my first birthday. It was a good birthday. We went to the Shooting Star Inn and had good food. My grandfather was there, and my aunt. It was more than I expected and I was grateful. My parents had their forced gaiety on full display and my aunt wouldn’t stop cracking her awkward jokes. I think she does it whenever she’s nervous. Either way, I was glad she came. And my grandfather. He sat there in stony silence, as usual. He gave me a gift. A book in a language I couldn’t read. I’m not sure if it was meant as a cruel joke or if it was supposed to inspire me to be better.

I guess it didn’t matter. I was lucky he came, so I thanked him and hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. He sat in silence, responding with a nod. Sometimes I wonder if he’s mute, but then he’ll surprise me by speaking to my mother, or waiter. I’ve seen him give instructions to hired help in at least six different languages, I’m sure. Not that I can tell all the languages apart, but…There’s only so many ways one can say, “The glass, not the crystal.”

I don’t think I’d completely decided to leave until after dinner. When everyone was saying goodbyes. It suddenly struck me that if I was going to leave, that would be the perfect time. I could leave while things were more or less good. Leave with the memory of a perfect dinner, surrounded by family who, at the very least, tries to care. They really do. And I’m grateful for that. I know I must be frustrating as a daughter. My mom can speak so many languages and my father can do complicated figures in his head in such a short amount of time…

I get it. I look about fourteen. My parents know I’m not. It’s only been a year. They feel like they shouldn’t expect so much from someone so young, but they can’t help it. I look so much older. When my mother was fourteen, she knew and understood so much. Me? I can barely speak Lhavitian. I overheard Father complaining about my stupidity. I wish I could fix it. I really do. I tried hard to understand my tutors. I did all the extra work. But it’s just not in me.

I thought they would be better off if I left. I don’t know if they’ll try having another child. Probably not. Not after me. But if I leave, they won’t have to try so hard to love someone (something) that they don’t understand. The family would give them sympathy that I was gone, they would be sad and confused for a bit, and then Uncle would tell them that it was only expected, me being a wild animal and all. I think out of everyone he understands me the least. My uncle doesn’t like flaws. He’s still mad at my mother for hiding her kelvic heritage.

So I made the decision to leave. I considered taking the book Grandfather gave me, but changed my mind. I wanted my one memory of home to be something good and pure. The book would only be a reminder of the reason I left in the first place. Maybe one day I would learn to read it, but I didn’t want to spend my life obsessing over my past. If I was going to let them move on and start a new life, then I was going to allow myself the same courtesy. Stupid or not, I was still born of a higher class; I was entitled to certain things even as I sent myself into exile.

I stole father’s pendant. That would be the first thing I ever stole. But it was perfect. Finely crafted and shiny, plus it had been in the family for years. It wasn’t a terrible thing that I took it either. My father had several such heirlooms. I’m sure he understood why I had to take it, even if he understood little else. The pendant would be a good keepsake, reminding me where I came from without chaining me to unhappy memories.

I left that night. I wish I could say it was dramatic, in the midst of a storm, almost getting caught. It wasn’t. The weather was perfect and everyone was sound asleep. I didn’t even pack a bag. I just fixed the pendant around my neck, shifted, and left. I never looked back. I don’t waste time wondering if I’m missed. All that would do is fill me with doubt. I made my choice. There’s no changing it. Even if I went back, I would be rejected. All I can do is hope I made the right decision and move on with my life.
Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Isette on May 4th, 2011, 6:54 pm

Isette: I’m boooored.
Me: Do something interesting.
Isette: Like what?
Me: Meet Zintila?
Isette: She’s boring.
Me: 0_o
Isette: I want to be a pirate.
Me: No, you have to—Actually. Maybe. I think you’d like being on a boat.
Isette: -smug-
Isette

Character sheet

Katt's Scraps

Postby Kendall Saarinen on May 4th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Crazy Kitty, I don't got no plants but I give you... hugs?
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook