[Verilian/Sira's Scrapbook] The Truth.. as I See It

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Gossamer on August 7th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this! I ate it up and loved every minute of it... besides the loss of the pets (I know how devastating that can be) and the robberies... living in town sucks really bad. But I'm glad you both made it through and are doing fabulous. That means its true love and that's whats really important.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cayenne on August 8th, 2011, 9:32 pm

Wow, that was a touching read. :) Thank you for sharing it! But I'm sorry the loss of pets (I know that well, and how much it hurts), and for all the hardships you two have had in your path, but like they say, nothing worth having ever comes easy. <3
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Verilian on August 10th, 2011, 1:45 pm

Thanks guys! Yeah, losing pets sucks, especially when there's nothing you can do to save them. But things are better now, and hopefully will continue to get better. So yay!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Verilian on August 20th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Okay, so today I start the process of moving into my new place. Which means that my posting will slow to a crawl for a while. Be patient with me, I promise I'll get to everyone's posts.. but I might not even have internet for a week or so. Don't worry, I am not leaving you guys, just moving. I'll be back. Lol.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on August 22nd, 2011, 10:13 pm

Okay, so for those of you who read this for whatever crazy reason you do, I should have internet back this weekend. The move went smoothly, but Comcast is lazy and I couldn't get an appointment till saturday. So, I will see you all saturday hopefully! ^^
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Aidara on August 23rd, 2011, 4:51 am

No no no no, not Comcast!

Seriously, you need to be a bitch and then they jump. You can't let them take till Saturday! Call them and tell them that if they don't come sooner, you're going to a different company!

-Cracks the whip warningly-
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on August 23rd, 2011, 1:38 pm

I actually hate comcast, but they were the only ones I could get because of where my house is located. And I don't mind waiting till Saturday. It means I actually get to be there when they come. Last time they didn't do anything Kelsey asked them to, so this time I will be able to make sure they do what I want.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Verilian on August 25th, 2011, 2:54 pm

My Wife + My two female roommates + my living room and them dancing + Alcohol + Techno Kitten Adventure = Totally awesome night!

..don't even regret the complete and total loss of sleep. Fun times, lol. It's been a long long time since I got wild and drunk. I wonder if my brain will allow me to try to post something today.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sira on September 5th, 2011, 1:44 am

Sira's Thread Goals
Fall 511 AV

September (2011)
1. Start a brawl. (thread with the jerk in the baths)
2. Train a skill. (make some more jewelry or brew something)
3. Take a fall. (another sexy thread)
4. Craft something completely from scratch. (make jewelry or brew something)

October(2011)
1. Throw a party. It's a Party, People!
2. Have a crazy dream. Sex Dream
3. Wax eloquently on a topic for bells. (have a conversation with Addy)
4. Invent a new saying. (insult somebody)

November(2011)
1. Try your hand at home brewing. (make alcohol, get drunk, start a brawl)
2. Insult someone or be insulted. (invent a new saying)
3. Give someone a gift or receive one. It's a Party, People!
4. Acquire a serious injury. (get beat up by a jerk in the baths)
Last edited by Sira on October 15th, 2011, 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on September 8th, 2011, 7:02 am

Wow... pretty crazy night. So I put my dog out for a little bit to go potty and stuff while I eat dinner. I went to the kitchen to wash dishes and I heard a yelp so I checked on her and she wasn't there. After searching a bit I found her safe and sound on the front porch. This was the first time she had ever gotten out so we put her in the yard again and tried to spy on her through the window to see if she would do it again.

Instead of seeing our dog getting out my wife's eyes (she was watching from the bedroom window) were drawn to the strobing lights of my super rich neighbor's backyard. Beneath these lights was a small group of people, and pitbulls fighting. She tells me this and I look then run upstairs to get the camera to get it on tape, while my wife calls the cops. I was unable to get any actual footage as we deemed it too dangerous to go outside for a better look.

Surprisingly the cops arrived very quickly and instead of pulling the neighbors yard they pulled into the wrong house, though we later realized they did this because the rich people's house was gated and so they were searching for another way in. The people disappeared into their house and shut off the lights, but the dogs continued fighting. Some of the dogs charged the cops and the cops frightened them away with tazers, though they didn't actually shoot the dogs. While the cops tried to figure out how to proceed I watched from my back yard and I am sad to say that I am pretty sure I saw three loose dogs kill one chained one. It's still dark and I can't tell... But the dog hasn't moved since we heard what I am fairly certain was it's death cries.

Animal control was not available to come out, and due to our wonderful justice system the cops weren't allowed to actually go on to the property. They stayed for several hours, guns ready in case the dogs exited the property which they did a couple times. None of the cops wanted to hurt the dogs.. but I am certain that had they charged one of the cops would have fired. Eventually the fighting died down and about an hour later the cops left though one sherrif stuck around and talked to us for almost another hour. He gave us some advice on how to help the cops without actually putting ourselves in harms way, and just talked to us a while in general waiting to see if the people would come out of hiding.. They never did and even he eventually left, though he gave us his name and told us to call him of anything started up again.

Occasionally I hear some fighting, but it's grown pretty quiet. In the morning we will be calling animal control and the Houston ASPCA to try to get them to come out. The cop even said he'd help us with that, but since they didn't actually have any evidence that it wasn't just a regular dog fight their hands were tied. I am mostly worried about retaliation right now.. hopefully they don't realize we are the ones who called. We are in luck that the cops actually talked to our other neighbors before us.. So the initial suspicion is on them and I know they are drug dealers so.. well, I would rather have the dog fighters angry at them than us. I wish no harm on anyone... but I know I can't help but feel relief that we might go unnoticed in this.

I really hope that something gets done about this. I love animals and stuff like this really pisses me off, but i fear that now that the cops are gone the people will get rid of all the dogs and get away with everything. And the dog that died, as sad as it makes me, at least it no longer has to live that life. Anyway... I guess that's the end of my rant. Hopefully we haven't put ourselves in danger by reporting them, but I can't just sit by and watch while stuff like that goes on. Night all, and thanks for listening!

~V
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext