[Verlyna's Emerald Pond] Sword or Fist? (Bones)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Ricky Maze on September 13th, 2011, 1:35 am

Ricky braced himself, not sure whether to try and block or dodge. He judged the speed and force of the swing, fast enough that it'd be hard to stop and probably not so strong considering Ricky's strength couldn't match. Instead of taking any unnecessary movements, Ricky stepped aside, watching as Bones straightforward punch whooshed right past him. He felt wind from the motion rush by him, and he just stood there looking at Bones. A smirk appeared on his face. "I've sort of already learned how to dodge oncoming attacks, it's not so hard so long as you remain relaxed really."
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 13th, 2011, 1:42 am

Bones made a nice easy punch, not even to hard. Ricky did one of the things he mentioned, which was to get out of his way. A common tactic.

Bones gave his odd smile like grimace, or grimace like smile, as he looked at Ricky. Since he was still rather close, Bones kept looking him in the eye, keeping his focus, while he made a sweeping motion with his leg, trying to catch him from behind and trip him. After all, he was messing around, and not paying attention really. Bragging was not a good thing for a warrior to do.

"Alwaysss look out for a trick. Often enough a sssecond attack will be hidden in the first. or sssomeone will try to fake wiss a weak blow, only to hit wiss a ssstronger one while your guard is down and you are not expecting much."

If he managed to trip him up, Bones would help him to his feet, and then take a few steps back, to stand at the ready position.

He would make a motion for him to move, and once more let Ricky try a few more attacks, letting him try several if he wanted to, giving himself the chance to attempt to block more than one.

After all, sparring was helpful to both parties involved, and they would both get some experience out of this. Ricky in his weapon and his personal fighting skill, and Bones in his gladius and his unarmed and wrestling skills.

It was all for fun after all.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 13th, 2011, 2:19 am

Uh oh. Ricky was expecting something to come around, but he didn't think the kick would round up so soon. His eye caught just in time, as he had but the option to evade away. Making a slight jump back, his feet hovered above the low kick. Bones appeared to be left open now. As Ricky went in for the three hit combo earlier, he made sure to at least put some power behind it. Seeing as how Bones is a Dhani he shouldn't be hurt by Ricky's punches so easily.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 13th, 2011, 2:39 am

His attempt had been unsuccessful, which happened often enough with fighting. But that did not mean to give up. No, it meant to drive on, and to fight to new heights!

Fight or die! That was usually the situation. Though that was not the case here. But still instincts kicked in, and he fought as if it was.

He managed to dodge the first punch easily, getting clear out of its way. The second one, only barely, guiding it with a push at the wrist so it went wide. But the last one, he did not have time to react, and the fist met him right in the shoulder, knocking him good.

He kept to his feet, but he moved back for a moment, letting the punch carry him a bit so as to let the movement absorb some of the blow. Otherwise, all of the force would go into him, and do even more damage.

His shoulder was a bit sore, and it stung for a bit, but he was not seriously hurt. He would probably not even have a bruise. Rolling with the punches after all, was not just a saying in life, but was a saying derived from how to properly be hit, and to keep going.

"Sssee ssere? I let the punch carry me a bit, and rolled my ssshoulder along with the blow ssso asss to dissssapate sssome of the force... Now part goesss into the ssshoulder, but sssome goes into pussshing me... It helpsss sssoften a blow you cannot dodge... Now I will do a few and you try."

Having said that, Bones prepared for a counterattack. He made the first punch followed by a kick easy to dodge or parry, but the third strike was a punch which he struck right at Ricky's chest. That one he would have trouble completely avoiding, and would most likely have to do what bones just showed him, or it would hit all the harder. Though he only used about an average humans strength, so it would not do to much if it did hit well. No more than leave a decent bruise.
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 13th, 2011, 3:35 am

Ricky dodged the punch and kick with ease, but something seemed off. When he saw the third punch draw in he had little time, he was caught in the midst of regaining his ground so there was no way to dodge so easily. When Bones fist came close to colliding into his chest, Ricky relaxed and held in his breathe. Once the fist had smashed into Ricky's chest, the force would've done more damage than normal. Had he not taken Bones advice, he wouldn't have been able to recover from this punch easily.

Letting his body move with the force he nearly fell onto his back, however he caught himself after finally letting his breathe go. Staggering once more he caught himself, nearly gasping for air as he looked at Bones. "Like..that?" He wasn't sure if he did it as great as Bones expected, but to his surprise he managed to keep the air in his lungs. Normally a punch like that would knock it out, but Ricky only focused on regaining his footing.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 13th, 2011, 3:48 pm

Bones did as planned, and as he thought his first two attacks were avoided. But his third strike went dead on, smashing into his chest. Luckily for Ricky though, Bones had not used even near his full force...

He had not quite gotten what he had shown him right, but it was still not bad. And some of the force had been dissipated by the movement. Though a good bit still sunk in...

"Clossse... It alssso helpsss if the ssstrike landsss on the edge of you... When you hit my ssshoulder, sssome went into pussshing, and sssome went off of me into nothing. And the ressst went into me. But ssisss only does so much..."

"While it isss important to know how to take a punch... It isss better to avoid attacksss when you can. And even when you are good at thisss, it only doesss ssso much help... A good majority of the force ssstill hitsss you regardlessss...."

"Alssso anosser ssing, isss ssat if you cannot dodge it, or parry it, you can ssstill try to choossse were it will hit... In a place were it will hurt lessss and do lessss damage..."

Bones would nod, and take a step back, having said all of this. He was not sure if that was good for know at there first meeting, or if they should continue on... They had done quite a bit though, and might be better to part ways and think over what they had learned...

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 13th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Ricky listened well to Bones advice, gathering all that he learned and hewing it within his head. It appeared Bones was done, either that or he didn't know for sure whether they should continue. Odis gave a short cheerful howl, which was random to Ricky really. He found that Odis might be ready to go as well, looking back to Bones with a grin he felt that it'd be a good idea to go. "I've learned a lot today, and I'll not forget the things you've taught me."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ssafirsotibones on September 14th, 2011, 4:48 am

Bones nodded in response. The two of them had a pretty good spar, and learned a good bit. A reflection period was always helpful after such things.

They both had there own ways of fighting, and there own ways to reach there goals... Perhaps they would meet again, and have a chance to get better... Or perhaps to fight in real combat?

Checking to make sure he still had all of his stuff, Bones went on his way, heading home for the day.

-exit-

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 14th, 2011, 4:55 am

Ricky rested for a few good minutes, taking in the experience he just went through and remembering it all in his mind. Bones was in fact strong, he held back much of his strength. Something important that Ricky would need to remember in the future. As for now though it was time to head back to the inn, after all it had been a long day and he was tired. Odis followed him with much cheer and oddity in him. They both felt that they should call it a day.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallacy on September 21st, 2011, 9:57 pm

XP Award!

Name:Ricky
XP Award:
  • Long sword- 3
  • Unarmed Combat- 3
Lore:
  • Strength of a Dhani
  • Play your strengths
  • Being flashy doesn’t get you anywhere
  • Flaws in fighting style
  • Being caught off guard
  • Lessons learned
Notes:

Name:Ssafirsotibones
XP Award:
  • Climbing- 1
  • Teaching- 3
  • Observation- 1
  • Unarmed combat- 1
  • Wrestling- 2
  • Gladis- 2
Lore:
  • Holding back
  • Giving advice
  • Open opinions
  • Blocking a punch
  • combining wrestling and unarmed
Notes:

Very good thread. Ive been preparing things for the tournament (which starts tomorrow) Im so excited for it, but I got to this eventually :)

Any questions or concerns about the rewards gained please send a PM :)

12 hour shifts have started, and Im working 6-7 days a week mandatory overtime. My replies will be slow until I can adjust to this new groove.
Fallacy
I think you're crazy just like me.

Words: 493223
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2011, 7:58 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous