(The Drunken Fish) Possibilities (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Cass on July 13th, 2011, 4:46 am

Cass flew as fast as she could down the street, doing her best to find the man as quickly as possible. The longer he was out of her sight meant a greater chance of him escaping. She couldn't have that. Thankfully evidence of her prey's desperate attempt to flee was littered here and there about the street. Deciding to follow the trail of evidence Cass quickly found herself in front of another house. Folding her wings up, Cass landed on the ground outside the front door. Studying the house for a moment Cass couldn't really tell if anyone was residing within the building or not. But she couldn't exactly turn around and walk away. No. She had decided to go after the man and she wouldn't leave until the job was complete.

Readying herself for whatever she may face, Cass shoved opent he front door and entered the house. The house was strangely quiet at first. Glancing around Cass spotted a few darker corners, a perfect place to hide. Unless one happened to have night vision. Then all those dark corners magically opened up, of course that wasn't always a good thing. Moving quietly through the house it didn't take too long before she came upon the man she was searching for. He was armed with a small blade which instantly caused Cass to take a small step back. While she did have her claws underestimating a blade could result in a bloody demise. Suddenly the man charged at her. Cass quickly jumped up and over onto a small table, trying to dodge the man's first attack. If all went well she would whirl around to face the man. If he charged at her again Cass would jump back, off of the table. She would then shove the table at the man, hoping to knock him off his feet.
Because I'm a Whedonite....

Spike: If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move.
Cass
Player

Words: 77984
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2011, 7:29 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Zith
Character sheet

Postby Cade on July 13th, 2011, 8:29 pm

The retreat was sounded and not a moment to soon as the symnestra's blade sailed the distance and finding home in the Barbarian's forearm. The blade was aimed for his massive chest but Cade's left arm instinctively acted as a meat shield, absorbing the blade through the entire arm forcing Cade to experience familiar pain of sharp steal ripping through flesh. The Myrian half blood only had moments to react as the blue hulk came smashing at him and Corinth as Cade cringed through the pain and used his own body to push Corinth back while using both his arms to pull a six foot tall cupboard over in attempts of blocking the hallway off so they could run.

"MOVE!......BACKDOOR!!!" Cade roared his directions to the farmgirl, giving her a light shove to move her up the hallway. The barbarian knew he could not take the two attackers on, especially now his left arm was injured and Eyrss's call for retreat was the smartest idea since this whole mission started. They could of fought it out and risk life and limb for loot and spoils of gold rewards, but how could one enjoy such items if they were dead. The barbarian was a savage warrior, but he was smart enough to know when to back off and run and running was what he was doing, keeping Corinth ahead of him as he kept looking over his shoulders to see if the attackers were coming after them.

Every time he looked back, he reminded himself there would be another day to fight, if he survived or he wanted nothing more then to return the blade that was now sticking out of his arm to its proper owner. The quick image of gutting the symnestra with the very blade made him smile with in even with the adrenaline rushing through his body while they dodged for the door.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Darian on July 25th, 2011, 3:05 am

The woman was mad. It was plain and simple, and she made no attempts to disguise it. " Honey, you act like we are married " he prodded as he skipped aside a deathly quick thrust from the woman, barely keeping the lance at bay with the flat of his blade. She had talent, more talent than he had for sure, and she was so handy with that lance that she had been keeping him at bay for some time now, keeping him solely on the defensive. It looked to him like she was toying with him, much like the guard he killed, and he knew he was over matched. His eyes often glanced at the very promising ledge on his left, and if he could manage even a slight reprieve from the woman's attacks, he would waste no time in taking the chance to escape.

It was simply that she was too tough, and he understood when it was time to run, though lady luck decided to turn her back on him this day it seemed, and pitted him against a psycho, who likely hadn't gotten laid in a while. His heart pounded in his chest as he turned another powerful thrust skyward, and could feel his strength weakling, all energy slowly leaving his body. Time that this battle would wind to a close was fast approaching him, and he realized that he only had one weapon left in his arsenal that could possibly save his neck. His tongue.

" Do we really have to fight this out " he gasped. " I mean, I haven’t seen anything, or done anything to raise your ire besides kill the incompetent guard on this roof " Another ring of steel echoed in the night air as the tip of the lance came dangerously close to skewering him, but at the last moment his blade connected with the tip of it, and yanked the sword from his grasp, bloodying his hand in the process. His hand flew to his stomach where he cradled it but he kept a straight face, and even managed a smile. " See I'm not even a threat to you now, just a nuisance, or other depending on what you’re in the mood for " he added, and he practically whispered the last words, as he struggled to catch his breath.
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Darren on August 4th, 2011, 9:13 pm

The Nuits eyes would narrow slightly as he watched the first of his aggressors back away suddenly demoralized by the quick demonstration he offered. Which left him with only one willing body to deal with, the one who left a slight impression from her blades. That would be fine, I had to strain myself to come up with enough hands to block her. Feeling a slight, dry metallic taste from his lips the nuit would put more pressure on his white haired adversary. Though his projections did as much damage as flicking a knuckle at a person's body the sheer quantity of the blows would at least make one think twice whether or not if they should continue the fight. With only one opponent in sight the nuit resumed his task of guiding the children away from the house. It was only a extended basement, Khiara wouldn't have much time to decide what to do. Either somehow stop the undead's actions as he busily lead the children away or leave them to their fate. A dispirited look from the prisoners told volumes of their acceptance of the bleak situation. All but one Konti, tears in her eyes she looked upon her would-be savior as she called out for her help. "Please! Save us! Death would be a better fate then what they have given."

Upstairs Eryss caused a slight inkling of concern for the pair already fighting against three able bodies. However a grin soon formed on the Isurian as he heard the latest course of action the mage offered. "That's right! Cough* Leave and maybe we'll spare your lives." Clutching at his wound tenderly, already the extra movements and commotion caused his wound to open up starting a small trickle of blood to go down his chest. The took another intimidating step towards the other group hoisting his weapon of choice to a ready position, held longways to his right side one swing would cover a decent amount of room in the room. That came with it's disadvantages also, leaving himself open in a small enclosed space didn't seem to smart but who can argue when most of the opponents the Isur faced found themselves cornered against it's weight, ineptly bludgeoned and cut from his weapon. However the attacking Isur wouldn't have to take the chance of jamming his weapon on the surroundings. Their ranks were dissolving, making their job that much easier and deal who was left to face the pair seemed to be enough. The Symnestra watching ominously high on the wall, relaxed as Cade blocked the doorway with what looked to be a piece of furniture. Looking down he saw that his actions seemed to be mostly effective. The dagger he threw missed but otherwise discouraged the woman from intervening and the slight trade left a good impression on Cade's forearm. Shrugging slightly at the show of power the Myrian made taking into account what actions they could take to give chase. A small questioning gaze at his partner and the Isur positioned himself to smash the cupboard into pieces before a sharp neighing grasped their attention.

Looking through the already smashed down door the attacking pair small glimpse of what happened. Something happened to their horses and the driver couldn't calm them down. They watched as they saw their ride run away from them before looking back to see the archer regrouping with his comrades. "That damned archer" The Isur shaking in his anger hacked at the cupboard blocking his way as the four made their escape. "Enough leave them" The leader of the two gave out a new set of instructions for the Isur before the pair exited out the front. "Help carry the product out. We'll have to think of something now that our ride is gone. Remember, our main concern is the protection of our assets. Go now. I'll check how our newest recruit is holding up."

Aside fancy non-horse related lancing maneuvers it didn't look like the woman fighting Darian had much else going for her as she tested Darian's defenses once again. Finally she scored a somewhat decent hit from all her fishing prods an exuberant cry of triumph were emitted from her lips as she pointed the lance to the ground, shrugging slightly at the suggestion her opponent gave. "Nuh uh. Your not getting off easy. I'm already had enough from all this swordplay." All that fighting was tiring, even more so when she was wearing so much restrictive clothing. But her scars and unnatural figure. She would have to continue on with this little charade, deal with this rude whelp then she could return back home to rest. It seemed she needed alot of that right now. Listening closely Darian would be able to hear the exasperated breathes she was taking and his weapon wasn't that far away... the cut could be ignored for a small time. A chance offered itself to Darian as the woman looked back at the scene with the horses rushing away. Though the slight distraction would work in Darian's favor it was up to him how to follow through. Just grab his weapon and try his luck on the house's foundations and leave? Or perhaps rush her and try to overpower her with whatever else he had on him? Below Darian would hear still hear sounds of the commotion Cade made with the cupboard along with somewhat panicked shouts from both sides perhaps?

The zith seemed to be playing with him, at least that's what the man had in his head. His desperate charge at Cass sent him stumbling across the whole room only to find her somehow behind her. Again he charged in a manner similar to the first this time running into the table the zith shoved towards him. Hitting the his side he would crumple helplessly to the side as he whimpered in pain. Holding the new slight injury with both of his hands it looked as if he wasn't as accustomed to fighting as his former comrades. No he was weak, merely poking his head into confrontations to deliver a heavy bolt to an unsuspecting raider or animal. His eyes popped wide with fear as he tried to otherwise crawl away from the zith yelling pitifully. "No, no. No! Please... leave me alone. I won't tell anyone about what happened. Just- don't do this! There's more important stuff to do- yea! Right now the rest of your friends will be facing off with the gangsters that wanted the shipment in the first place. You should go help them rather then deal with a useless coward like me! Please..." A fair amount of tears and snot riddled the man's face alongside a fresh application of fear. What he was saying was mostly true and would give Cass a pause as she decieded what to do. Either way when she would head back she would come back to see a strange looking man assailing up the wall to the roof Darian was.

ooc :
I'm guessing both Khiara and Corinth dropped or otherwise forgot to post after waiting this long. Either way I'll just guide their actions so they can jump in whenever. Cade, the Symnestra just punched you with something akin to brass knuckles aimed at your arm, but threw a knife at Corinth to discourage her from helping. (If you still want to play it like that) Anyway I'm guessing only Darian and Cass would need to do a short post assuming Khiara somehow got away from the nuit and the rest of you ran.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Darian on August 30th, 2011, 1:14 am

His eyes darted briefly to the sword laying on the ground, the dull grey metal gleaming in the moonlight. A sharp pain throbbed in his hand, little crimson droplets of his blood dripping down his skin to splash on the ground. He was at her mercy but at least he got her talking again, and then came the sound that reminded him vaguely of panicked horses. The distraction was there now, the woman looking off in the direction of the noise and twisting to the side he scooped up his sword. With the blade in hand, he quickly backed away towards the door, keeping the woman in front of him at all times.

The cold wood of the door met his back, and prompted him to break his stare for a moment to look at his exit. He took a quick step away before spinning around, lashing out a hard kick at the door that rebounded off the unrelenting surface. A stab of pain quickly jolted it's way up the offending leg, and caused him to cry out in pain, hopping away from the door. " Anyone want to help me get this blasted door open " he bellowed, turning on his heel as he did so to face the woman with the lance, his sword held gingerly in his torn hand. " A date for two it seems to be " he growled, a cruel smile twisting it's way onto his face. He made no move to charge her, he hadn't the energy for that now. So he waited, just off the side of the door, blade in hand, and fire in his eyes.
I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Antar on August 30th, 2011, 6:44 am

oocIn order to end this since Cass is MIA, and since my character wasn't necessarily with the other guys, but rather on the second floor stairs towards the roof- it's time to help darian out as he requested and then split.

Muffled voices, could be heard through the door outside, and with a final kick above the latch, the wooden door crumpled outwards slamming into the wall as Noth's eyes were fed the sight of Darian's opponent advancing towards him. Without delay he knocked an arrow and fired, center of mass , and into her chest as he looked around for where the wayward man might be. He spotted him to the left of the doorway and grabbed his arm, pulling him down into the second floor and too the window.

oocWhatever Darian, or Darren wants to happen here- but it's time for this to close :) It won't change the direction of my characters actions- it's time to flee.

Without a single word or glance up to see if there was anything coming after them, Noth unceremoniously grabbed Darian's arm in an armlock to help him out the second story window to hang down towards the backyard. When he was sure darian was only a short distance away from the ground , about four feet he let the man drop to follow after. Hanging to his full length before letting himself drop down to the grass in the backyard below.

Helping Darian up, he turned towards where the others had fled and followed them into the night. Behind him the sound of running footsteps forced him to turn a glance backwards and his eyes were pleased to denote the presence of Cade, Corinth, and Kiara following close behind...

A slight turn about a nearby alley lead them to Eryss standing watch as the stragglers regrouped. As far as Noth was concerned, it would be his decision for them to flee, or try to overpower the bandits when they attempted to take out the goods. In fights like this, tactics and strategy always played a part. Though for now, with Darian's wounds, the rogue hoped they would cut their losses and run.

A small whinny of a horse came to his ears and he looked down the side street to notice the Armored carriage which had brought the assailing group of men had careened slightly into a wall nearby. One of the two horses was dead, but that didn't matter much to Noth as he approached the other one to grab the reins. Using his gladius he cut the dead one loose and backed the carriage up towards the alley where the others were waiting. It would be a good way to transport their wounded.

'After all, what use was a few slaves when you got a better prize?' The living horse and carriage alone would be well worth the night's grievances.

Sliding up into the driver's seat he shouted "Whoah." to keep the still living horse calm and waited for the rest to file inside. It was past time they hightailed it out of there.
"I am the Shadow and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost that hides in the night."
~Back, but slow. :)
Antar
"A thousand voices screaming in unison..."

Words: 902531
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2011, 3:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Cade on August 30th, 2011, 9:59 pm

"Good thinking Noth" Cade applauded the rogue archer for his intiative in grabbing the carriage. The barbarian ushered Corinth to the carriage then turned to Eyrss, his friend and brother at arms. " Eyrss, I think this will be a good time for us to flee. This is not worth dying for" Words that were of commonsense and a bit odd coming from the savage warrior who was always looking for death by the sword. But he was not a stupid savage and he knew when to attack and when to retreat.

Cade made his way towards the carriage, his forearm wound finally becoming a notice as he felt the burning sensation where he was pierced. It was time to leave and it wasn't like they were leaving empty handed. They got the bastard's carriage and horse. That brought a sadistic grin to his face as he hopped up onto the back of the carriage where Corinth was waiting somewhat hiding as she trembled in fear. The barbarian felt a bit guilty for exposing her to such violence, but she came on her own free will and this was all but a day in a life of a warrior.

"Antar! Keep your eyes peeled and bow ready. Who knows if these bastards are going to miss their carriage or not?"
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Eryss Waldu on September 3rd, 2011, 9:39 pm

[Eryss had already ducked out the backdoor, Kiara on his heels, while the others made an swift retreat and was waiting for them to join him in one of the alleys leading away from the house they had attacked. He looked at Kiara and seemed to belly his grim disposition onto her before shaking his head as this had all went wrong and had the feeling of a set up in his opinion. Indeed might well have been cursing the contact who had proposed this job to the group under his breath while Kiara stood beside him quietly, It wouldn’t last for long though as Eryss heard a small commotion inside the house once again, he swore footsteps were coming towards the doorway he had used, and lifting his hands he readied to attack.]

[Quite relieved that it was Antar that appeared with several of the others Eryss relaxed. Truthfully the Mage had expended much of his energy tonight in what seemed like a wasted effort and would have rather resisted the urge to create res and cast again. Delusional voices in the back of his mind like whispers occasionally called out to him to build more fire but Eryss was able to shake his head and banish them back before slumping against the alley well briefly. Next he knew and Cade was calling to him which caused Eryss attention to return back to reality where he saw that the others seemed to have commandeered a carriage and began moving down the alley to them.]

[Wherever some of the others were, such as Darian and the Zith woman, wasn’t especially important to them as he moved down the alley towards the carriage. “Yes Cade. Expeditious retreat would be a wise option right about now.”...he was heard admitting when he neared the large barbarian and then with little else to say Eryss would climb into the carriage where he could sit across from the Corinth and Kiara. He wasn’t looking extremely worse for wear but Eryss face would definitely bruise from where the projected fist had struck him and his temperament wasn’t about to smooth over any time soon because of it.]

[Narrowing his eyes as he looked at both of the women he would then be seen leaning to one side, around the same time the carriage should have started to move, yelling out...”Shyke! This Reacher betrayed us. He needs to pay.”...his voice ended in something of a rasp and he excused himself briefly afterwards not one for the use of profanity. His belief was that they had been set up of course. This Carriage would suffice though and might well help to pay for the group to establish a new base of operations in Sunberth.]

[As the Carriage rode away Eryss would look back over his shoulder and out one of the side doors. Down the street as the house they had been fighting in grew smaller and smaller he would take at least minor satisfaction in the idea that the fires he had caused would burn the building to the ground. Secretly he also lamented though, Eryss had recognized those Konti children and had wanted one for himself though towards what end would remain unknown.]
Eryss Waldu
Villain

Words: 240296
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Character sheet

Postby Cachet on October 7th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Antar :
Anter
SKILLS
Longbow: 3
Reimancy:2
Observation:4
Stealth: 3
Leadership: 1
Socilization:2
Rhetoric: 1
Tactics:1

LORE
How To Navigate a Tavern Meeting Safely
Behind Enemy Lines
Fire and Move
Djed Enhanced Arrows
Creating good Distractions

Random weapons, armor and materials all poor quality
Misc Notes: Great cut and run tactics, loved the enhanced arrows. Very interesting use.

Eryss :
Eryss
SKILLS
Reimancy: 5
Observation:3
Intimidation: 2
Leadership:2
Stealth:1
Shielding:2
Tactics: 2

LORE
Trust No One
Burn it all to the Ground
CUT AND RUN!!!
Betrayal

Misc Notes:Should get yourself some fireproofed gloves, so you can stop burning yourself so often...otherwise great ideas, great fire use.

Cade :
Cade
SKILLS
Longsword:3
Observation: 2
Seduction: 2
Intimidation: 4
Tactics: 2

LORE
Knowing Who You Can't Trust (basic)
Brutish Seduction (Basic)
Horrible First Date Ideas
The HEAT of Battle
Resisting Burns

Misc Notes: As always point man, loved the idea of rushing into the burning building. By far my favorite bloodthirsty, battle crazed, womanizing, ale drinking, mountainous BARBARIAN!

Darian :
Darian
SKILLS
Longsword: 3 (sorry meant to fill this out)
Socilization:3
INtimidation:1
Dagger:1
Dagger (Throwing):1
Stealth: 3
Rhetoric: 1

LORE
The Remorse of Killing Honorably

Gladius

Misc Notes:Loved your rooftop tango. You were fun to watch, future note: going solo is a bad idea.

Corinth :
Corinth
SKILLS
Seduction: 2
Socilization: 2

LORE
Enamored with Cade
Esacape Routes 101
Splattered With Blood

Misc Notes: Poor girl....

Items :
ItemGoing toValue
GladiusDarian45gm
HorseGuild100gm
10gmEryss10gm
Carriage, ArmoredGuild1500gm
YokeGuild7gm

Antar fee free to consider any Guild Items sold

Conclusion: I only graded for PC's that seemed to be active still. Let me know if I missed you and I will edit my grading. In all a fun read guys I love your stuff. Also if I missed any items let me know and tell me WHAT POST you got it in. Things were a tad bit chaotic.

Listen to the island
The waves and wind
That is the pulse
Note it, feel it
And become one with serenity

Cachet
The Murian Beach Bum (6zillion)

Words: 144588
Joined roleplay: August 21st, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous