[Talen's Scrapbook] No fancy name

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Talen Stirling on October 24th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Reserved.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Words: 173032
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 11:07 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Talen Stirling on October 24th, 2011, 2:12 pm

Faces and Labels

Yesterday, I made a mistake and started an arguement in chat. It was rude, and sudden, and the reason for it was that someone said hi to me. Someone whom I didn't know, apart from a single occasion where they had offended me. At the time, I was not even particularily mad.

I was called a newb, and someone who shouldn't speak out of turn. The person appeared to me as a bitch. That was what I concluded, and then thought that I didn't care.

When the person whom I had attached this title to suddenly appeared in chat and did no wrong, the only thing I knew about them was that it was a bitch. Someone who was rude, and whom I didn't like. I hadn't forgotten, and so I reacted not to the person I didn't know but to the title, label and face that I had given them based on a single action.

It wasn't planned, and it wasn't because I enjoy drama. I was a raging idiot.

I have a very tedious job with physical work, and as I walked I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I had now attached a face and a label to myself. Instead of trying to resolve anything, I had made matters worse by showing everyone the worst side of me. Just as the original person whom I am certain is not a bitch and does not want to be, I am not a raging idiot and I do not want to be.

Faces and labels are easy to give and to receive, and most arguements and fights are essentially coming from ignorance. I would like to remove the labels that I attached to the person I was arguing with, and apoligize for the way I did behave. I hope you will do the same.

This is my face down here. I am not a raging idiot named Talen I am just a young man named Lars.

Secret :

Webcams after work make for lovely pictures with the aid of a bedside lamp.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Caelum on October 24th, 2011, 3:42 pm

You have a scrapbook now! High five!

That said, we all make mistakes. We all have bad days, emotional moments, et cetera, wherein the worst sides of ourselves come out for an unfortunate jig. These are sides that good people recognize in themselves and, at least eventually, acknowledge the wrong of. The best proceed to attempt to make amends for their actions when their “ugly side” was having a spin due to stress, exhaustion or any number of situations.

It would appear that you are attempting to make those amends and I find that laudable. I would advise you to not be too upset if the person on the other side of this situation doesn’t chose to accept your efforts. It would be their right even if, perhaps, a sadly unlucky point.

Here is something strange and amusing to cheer you up. I bring you….

Jesus Toast!

Just when you thought I might be somewhat sane…

- katie.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ishkaral on October 24th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Totally agree with Caelum, don't beat yourself up over it. Everybody has those days and everybody makes mistakes, it shows that you're a good person for admitting it and trying to make amendst rather than try to talk your way out of it or shift the blame upon others.

Cheers mate.
GREEN: Ishkaral speaking.
BLUE: Eshacro speaking.
Ishkaral
Memories Can Be Deceiving

Words: 22310
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Bolden Denusk on October 24th, 2011, 6:51 pm

I must hug you or I'll explode! :D

I also wanted to add:
awesome.jpg
awesome.jpg (36.37 KiB) Viewed 575 times
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Talen Stirling on October 29th, 2011, 9:38 pm

Edit: This was not meant as an insult to anyone one person or as an opening for some discussion or arguement. It was simply a thought, or opinion that was not meant to cause harm.
Last edited by Talen Stirling on October 30th, 2011, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Bolden Denusk on October 29th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Player's names are in orange and that's a color--so everyone can have an opinion yes? What's wrong?
Bolden Denusk
Cursed

Words: 196002
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2011, 7:37 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Talen Stirling on October 29th, 2011, 9:56 pm

What's wrong is the apparent fact that if you have a perfectly reasonable discussion, people will arrive to heckle you for it and make it seem like a stupid triviality.

It's childish and frustrating. And it leads to the conclusion above. But I don't want to cause a fuss, and I don't want more drama. Perhaps I should just use this as a reminder for myself.

Edit: I really need to scrap about something cheerful soon! :p
Talen Stirling
"What the petch...!?"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on October 30th, 2011, 2:26 am

Hating on red names? Nice.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Aidara on October 30th, 2011, 6:40 am

Like I recently posted in someone else's scrapbook....

While yes, this is a place for your own personal thoughts and feelings and it is mine and everyone else's choice to read this, there are some things you just don't put into words, into public and onto the internet if you don't really think them out and/or unless you're wanting to stir up drama.

But since you said you didn't want to cause drama, then maybe there was no need to put less than a sentence in a public place where it is obviously going to cause people to wonder and to inquire. Vague statements are the worst, because they are so open for interpretation that anyone can take any meaning from it and get upset.

Public words are public and the internet never goes away. People are nosy and are going to read what you say. I rant in my own scrapbook with the full knowledge that people read it and there is always the possibility that someone is going to take offense, even if I didn't mean any harm. So, knowing that I make sure that my words are carefully chosen before I hit "submit".

Just a helpful and sincere tip, since I've seen you get a rise out of others more than once. *Eyes Jen's post above*

-Jules

Edit: spelling corrections
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next