[At Sea] Curse of the Kelvic (Hadrian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Encompassing a vast wilderness filled with flora and fauna of immense proportions, the Northern Reaches include all the Talderian Forest north of the Suvan and stretch into the vast permanent tundra and ice fields outside Avanthal.

Postby Ethan on June 10th, 2012, 4:59 am

Ethan couldn't contain his excitement as Hadrian started to take his final shape. As a man, he was thinner than most. His broad shoulders were the only thing keeping him from looking entirely nonthreatening. But as a bird he was anything but. His broadness translated into a massive wingspan. His lithe frame covered in black feathers gave his appearance a sharp and lethal look. Ethan doubted his ability to fly, being so large, and so unexperienced. But stranger things had happened.

His appearance was near perfect, the mechanical under working could be fixed later. But for now, Hadrian was the perfect replica of his kind. When he opened his beak and let out a garbled screech. The image fell apart. It was as if a Goat mooed. It took him completely by surprise and brought a shy chuckle to his mouth.

Animals didn't have different dialects. They had certain songs and sounds for one another. For mating and communication. And similar noises for other species. But they all sounded... intelligent. They were all recognizable in one way or another. To hear something in the skin of a Lammergeier, giant or not, speak in such an alien way. Was a bit funny. A bit disturbing as well.

"We will have to work on your speech Hadrian. You sound dreadful." He kept a protective hand pressed against his friends back. Making sure he didn't take off with a strong gust. "Stretch out your wings for me. Just a bit. That's good. I'm just checking the joints." There were scientists and Mages that studied the avian form all their lives. And could probably do a better job at examining than Ethan could. But he was still confident in his ability to know what felt right and what didn't. He checked everything he could think of while Hadrian stretched his wings. So far there weren't any kinks he could feel but he would keep searching until he found one.
Ethan
"If you need help, look up"

Words: 286041
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2011, 9:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on June 12th, 2012, 5:44 am

Hadrian could not speak, which was troubling, and he wished Ethan would change forms and teach him to speak like a lammergeier, but perhaps that would have to come with time, too. He made a few more noises in response to Ethan's laughing, but fell silent and concentrated on the flow of air over and under his massive wings. As he was calculating his wingspan and weight to see if it was even possible to fly in this form, he realized that he was doing mathematics in his head, which made him wonder whether, if he eventually learned to reduce his mass, he would be able to retain his intelligence while his brain was reduced.

Well, it seemed to work all right for Ethan.

At the same time, he took stock of his aura. It wasn't so very difficult to change into this shape, the various changes having been practiced piecemeal. This was just a collection of familiar changes, and he didn't intend to hold it for very long, but merely get the feel for it, the model. Avian communication and flight would be the next skills. But he was glad for Ethan's hand on him, because those great wings could hold a lot of wind, and he didn't want to fall.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on June 17th, 2012, 4:28 am

Ethan smirked at the gibberish coming from his teachers mouth, or rather, his beak. For once he was at a loss for words. He was about to quip about their roles being reversed. But his fingers brushed over a curious lump in the joint of Hadrian's left wing. He couldn't explain what it was but he knew it shouldn't be there. Like the beginnings of a sixth toe or the absence of an ear lobe.

"I found something." He gently pulled the wing out and felt a sharp click before it fully extended. "Feel that? Something isn't right. You would be flying crooked on a wing like that." Ethan had a primitive grasp on the art of Morphing. Anything he knew came from conversations and watching Hadrian practice. He could only point out the problems, any changes were solely on Hadrian.

"It might seem like a small detail now, but trust me, during flight they can be lethal. Joints always need to be double checked. Feathers are important for how smooth you fly, but any locking will make you a smudge on the side of a mountain. Food for crows." He tried not being cross but the idea was upsetting. He had already lost Hadrian once. If only for a short while. "I might eat you a bit. But just a bit, and only if I'm hungry." He grinned, trying to lighten the mood.

OOCHowdy Dani, didn't want to end the fun just yet. But it should be good to end in a few rounds. lets start the new thread though!
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Hadrian on June 18th, 2012, 4:44 am

Hadrian couldn't speak, no, but he squawked a bit and dipped his head, concentrating as he poured a trickle of djed into the joint where he felt that click, and once his attention was there, he could feel the problem and correct it. Once that was done, he was quick to check the same joint in the opposite wing, but it was already well made, so it appeared the one was a fluke. But he wanted the form perfect so he could memorize the model.

In answer to both Ethan's concern and his joke, Hadrian split his beak and gently took one of Ethan's fingers between the sharp edges, careful not to break the skin. It was, perhaps, a strange sort of way to show affection, but he hoped it crossed the species divide and was accepted in the spirit in which it was given.

He flexed his wings a big, waiting for a lull in the wind to spread them fully.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Ethan on June 22nd, 2012, 3:44 am

Although strange and foreign. Ethan couldn't help but feel loved when his Teacher gently took his fingers in beak and gave them a squeeze. But it wasn't without great trepidation that he gave Hadrian his hand.

Even though he knew it was his friend and that he trusted him utterly. The sight of such a large creature unnerved him. Basic instinct made him wary, but with all innate information given to him from his animal mind. He fought hard to control it. And even got the nerve to gently stroke Hadrian's feathered neck.

"You'd make an excellent predator when you learn to fly." Most beast capable of flight in Mizahar would be dwarfed in comparison. "A bit bigger and perhaps someone could ride you. They would have to be light of course. But it is possible." When things were said and done. Hadrian morphed back, and they ate and drank into the early hours of morning .

They finally went to bed when the sun chased away the dark blues of midnight. And put in its place the vibrant oranges and sultry reds of sunrise. They found comfort in each others presence. And for one night at least the nightmares had no hold over Ethan and Hadrian was relieved of the tension of his now distant lover.

OOCDani Baby! I think I ended it pretty well, yah? Either way lets put this one down and start two others in Zelvita or wherever we are stopping!
Ethan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Valkyrie on June 26th, 2012, 8:51 pm

Thread Award

Ethan :
Experience
3 Reimancy
1 Rhetoric
1 Drinking
1 Seduction
1 Auristics
1 Observation
1 Climbing

Lore
Sleepless Nights
A Kiss From Hadrian

Other
N/A

Notes: This was a really interesting interaction between Ethan and Hadrian. The mix of jealousy and kinship that Ethan feels toward Kendall is well-written and very intriguing. I also really enjoy Ethan’s desire for independence despite his love for Hadrian. Ethan not being bonded really says a lot about his loyalty. You guys have a lot going on between you and I hope it goes well! I’m rooting for you!

Hadrian :
Experience

1 Teaching

1 Seduction

1 Drinking

3 Morphing

1 Climbing

Lore

Sleepless Nights

Morphing: Lammergeier Model

Other

N/A

Notes: This was a very interaction between Hadrian and Ethan. I loved the detail in how Hadrian is
trying to work through his emotions and figure out where he stands with his relationships. I can tell the
chemistry between you two is about to explode if hasn’t elsewhere already. Also, I’m pretty interested
to see if your morphed body can fly or go splat.

Please send me a PM if you have any questions or concerns. :)
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Previous